Paying the Price | ✍🏼

By ikc_writes

Georgia Alice Monroe The same girl who has been abused until she found her brothers. She has relied on having... More

- Characters -
- Extra Characters -
- Playlist -
0.0 Prologue
02. Missing Childhood
03. Hoping
04. Coming Together
05. The Good and The Bad
06. Phone Call
07. Dangerous Situation
08. Danger is Approaching
09. Anxious and Tired
10. Save Me
11. Devising A Plan

01. Being the New Girl

2.3K 52 2
By ikc_writes

- Georgia Monroe - 

"So, class, that will be it for today. You have to complete the 4 worksheets listed by tomorrow morning at 8am"

Day one and clearly the rules were being set out for us.

"Hey, new girl!" a sickly-sweet voice called. I hated all of this so much; I just wanted people to stop talking to me. "Yes?" I put up the fakest smile anyone had ever seen.

"Why don't you come and sit with us at lunch?" she questioned. Looking over her, I wanted to say no. She was like all those girls that would throw themselves at my brothers, using me to get to them.

"Uhm sure" I muttered, following her out of the classroom and towards the cafeteria.

This place was filled with the dark oak colour; the doors, the desks, even some of the walls. It was similar to my old girl, with the high ceilings and the old interior, but this school was even older than my grandfather.

I hadn't even slept here yet, and I was already feeling homesick. Nope, I can't do this. I have to do this for Alessandro and Ace, they would be proud of me.

"So, where are you from?" the girl asked as we sat down at the table. I sat on the edge as an easy escape from all of these plastic barbie girls.

I could smell the fake tan and see the big thick eyelashes. How do they have the time and effort to do all of that? Does it make their eyelids heavy? I wonder.

"Uhm, I came from New York" I responded, seeing all of their faces scrunch up in distaste. "You must be rich then. Did you get kicked out or something?" first of all, that was insulting, but we are rich and second of all, I did not get kicked out. That is one way to assume something about someone.

"No, I did not get kicked out" they didn't need to know any more information beyond that. I had sworn to my brothers I wouldn't reveal anything about our private lives.

"So, you're a Monroe, right?" she only gave me a chance to nod before continuing with her insult. "Don't you think you aren't the rich snobs you used to be in New York? Like, none of you have power here anymore, so I think you should stop being so stuck up"

Wait, since when was I stuck up. "Ok" I just went along with them. I knew that if I ruined it with these girls, then I would be done for. No one would want to be friends with me. "I just need to go check something; I'll be back" I was not coming back.

I could hear their snickers when I started to walk away. I should have known that they would never want to be friends with me. I wasn't 'cool' enough you could say.

I had noticed Leo looking for me in the cafeteria. I had promised to sit with him today, so I walked over to him. "Can we not sit in here?" I didn't even wait for his response as I dragged him out of the cafeteria. It was day one and this school was already suffocating me.

"So, how has your first day been?" Leo questioned, pulling out a salad. "Alright" I responded, taking the spare fork, and sharing his salad. For some reason, salads don't disgust me as much anymore, rather one of the only things I eat. "What about yours?" I continued, glancing up at his glum face.

He never smiles anymore. I miss his usual smile; the way his eyes would twinkle when he saw me or one of his close friends. His eyes would crinkle along with the sides of his face whenever he laughed hard enough or long enough.

That was the Leo I knew.

I didn't know the Leo that started to willingly work out, smoke on his windowsill, he would sneak out all the time and Gio or I would cover for him.

I wonder how Gio was feeling.

"Yeah, alright, I guess. How do you think Gio is going with his feeding tube?" he chuckled lightly at the thought of Gio and his feeding tube.

It brought me back to a few weeks ago in Italy when Gio had to get his feeding tube in. It was rather saddening over funny depending on how you looked at it.

-Flashback to a few weeks ago-

"So, Giovanni, you will need to have this in place for 2 weeks. Until then, you have to notify either guarding of when you will be eating and what you are eating. Understood?" the nurse spoke.

Initially, I thought she was a bit rude, but I just brought it down to the fact that this is her job; she has seen this happen to many children, and if this was the way to help Gio, then so be it. He needed someone who wasn't our brothers to help him and if this lady was going to help him, that was all I would need to put my mind at rest.

"Yeah" he spoke so softly I barely even heard him. Maybe everything was just self-destructing all along. "Can he be discharged now?" Raphael questioned, looking at the lady darkly. "Yes, of course sir" the nurse spoke, leaving like her asse was on fire.

"I don't need your help!" Gio snapped at Theodore, who quickly moved away. Axel was quick to move into place, assisting Gio.

Something had happened between Gio, Elijah, Leo, Raphael, and Theodore, that even some of my other brothers weren't sure about.

-End of Flashback-

"I hope he's ok" I muttered, resting my chin on the palm of my hand. "Same" he responded, eating the rest of the salad. He normally ate what Gio, or I couldn't finish.

"Class is about to start, we should head in" I groaned, knowing Leo was right, but I didn't want to face the mean girls of New Jersey Boarding School.

---

- Giovanni Monroe - 

"Last gulp" and with that, the feeding tube was out of my throat. It felt as though it has scratched and moved every single one of the bones and muscles in my throat. "You are cleared to go home" the nurse then left, leaving me with Theodore and Raphael.

Two of the four people I hated at the moment.

"Whatever this is that you are trying to get at, you need to stop Giovanni" Raphael came to stand at the end of my bed. How dare he say that!

"I'm not trying to get at any of your precious money. I would rather die in a hole than have to live with you" I grumbled, getting out of the bed, making sure to avoid any reflection of myself or my stepbrothers.

That's all they were and will be to me. Stepbrothers.

"Yeah right. That little hospital visit in Italy was pointless, wasn't it?" Raphael sneered. This wasn't the man I had grown to love. This was the man that I had grown to hate in the past month. Maybe he was the one that was just trying to get at our inheritance after all.

"Raphael, leave him alone" and with that, he was pushed out of the room, as I went into the bathroom to get changed out of the stupid hospital gown.

That's all it was now. It was just a stupid eating disorder that Raphael didn't think I had. Clearly Ace and Alessandro thought the same, hence why they left me with Raphael and Theodore. I would be 18 by the end of the year, so I didn't need any of them.

I would be able to get my inheritance and survive off that. I didn't need my stupid daddy's money anymore. I could be self-sufficient.

Maybe I could make a rival business against my brothers?

Who knows. Everything was just too much; I would just like to get to the end of the month without another episode from myself or Raphael.

"Gio, you ready paperotto?" Theodore knocked on the door. I hated that nickname, making me shiver in disgust but I didn't protest against it. That would be rude and insulting to the person I thought as my big brother, my Salvatore.

(Translation: little duck, savior)

"Yep" I muttered, walking out of the bathroom. The shocked look on Theodore's face didn't surprise me. I wasn't his little duck anymore and Leo was not his little mouse either.

We were old enough to wear black ripped jeans, and baggy jeans that had bands on them. We were old enough to wear chains on our jeans and black beanie's.

We were old enough to express ourselves.

"Let's go" he spoke more to himself, leading the way out of the hospital room, as I didn't even glance back at the room that I had stayed at overnight. I was done with disgusting hospital rooms that made me feel claustrophobic.

That was another thing none of my siblings knew about; I hated small and confined spaces. The reminded me of everything that he had done to me that day, making me feel disgusted and gross.

I just wanted to erase everything.

I just wanted everything to be like it used to when I was little.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 1.2K 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
335K 9.4K 51
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
2M 51.2K 95
Alexa and Alesa Romano are the only daughters of the Romano family They grew up without their 7 brothers.. After the divorce of their parents. The...
1.8M 44.3K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...