Neo Gear

By thedoctorgonepale

The Year is 6022... 1000 years since a planet-sized supercomputer was stolen by an A.I named Aiba. For all th... More

(Prologue): A Neo Era
No rest for the best
Calm before the games
The entry battle
Let The Olympics Begin
Let The Olympics Begin: Act 2
Threat Confirmed
The Error
Range Of Uranus: Act 2
Famed Backlash
Duel Break, Saturn Race
Duel Break, Saturn Race: Act 2
Everything Is OKAY!
Spa The Spy
The Jupiter Power Move
It's About Teamwork
The Mars Stand
The Big Bang Over
The Big Bang Over: Act 2
The Nomadic Gear
Reluctantly Unwanted
The Deadly West
Coalition Of The Manipulated
Coalition Of The Manipulated: Act 2
Hot Topics
Brothers Through Space
Guess Who's Back
Fight Night
Red Moon
Red Moon: Act 2
Red Moon: Act 3
Brawl Of The Brotherhood
Dark Matters
Dark Matters: Act 2
Dark Matters: Act 3
Countdown To Genesis
(Bonus): Stars On The Mind
(Bonus): A New Moon
Countdown To Genesis: Act 2
Countdown To Genesis: Act 3
(Epilogue): The Gears Alway Turn

Range Of Uranus

158 6 7
By thedoctorgonepale

"The coming battle mother desires is coming."

"With the parameters given, I predict a high likelihood of instability within the core processors along with the logic algorithm."

"She should be aware of this... Yet..."

"Has she learned of it?"

"Is this my punishment... Or truly another test, if so... Haven't I proven myself already?"

3rd Person POV:

Jen:(broadcasting) Hello, Gearheads! It's your host who burns the most!

Jen:(broadcasting) Jen Direx!

(Cheers)

Jen:(broadcasting) Hold your cheers, because I have yet to tell you the almost equally cool stuff.

Jen:(broadcasting) Here on the party planet, Uranus's territory our Olympians have a great challenge ahead.

Jen:(broadcasting) Several platforms have been set up. One for each team.

Jen:(broadcasting) These platforms are made up of several sections...

Jen:(broadcasting) Which the Olympians must shoot down in this range-arsenal only battle!

Jen:(broadcasting) That's right! Range attacks are the only thing allowed. They can throw stuff too.

Jen:(broadcasting) Anything that's not attached to the main body, counts as range.

Jen:(broadcasting) They might be able to move around, but they aren't allowed for any reason on another team's stage.

Jen:(broadcasting) Landing on another's stage for any reason gets you kicked out of this game.

Jen:(broadcasting) Now, with the rules all said, and the stages set...

Jen:(broadcasting) Pilots! It's time to get dressed!

(Opening theme)

On his way to the hangar to begin the games, Yn overheard some strange conversation.

Yn:?

Sneaking a peak, he listened in on the conversation.

???: It's done. The foreign platforms have all been modified to be 47% weaker.

???2: Perfect. Here's your payment...

Yn:...

He walks away, hastily entering his Gear.

Lisa:(coms) What took you so long Yn?

Yn:(coms) Sorry... The lines for my gum were longer than expected.

Mick:(coms) Let me try some later. I want to figure out what kind of gum is so special that you'd wait in line for it.

Yn:(coms) No.

Felicia:(coms) We're up. Let's go.

Taking off, the Earth team travels to their platform.

Felicia:(coms) Lisa. Mick. How are your Gears?

(Core: Uranus Mode)

Lisa:(coms) I'm surprised how perfect this is for this challenge.

Felicia:(coms) And Mick?

Mick:(coms) Heh...

(Zeta: Astroid cast)

Mick:(coms) My speed and defense are tenfold. And my gear is now as tall as Yn's.

Yn:(coms) Your Gear is technically on steps, but technicalities are still won.

Yn:(coms) Happy?

Mick:(coms) Yes.

Yn:(coms) Too bad... I was going to try and make your day. But if that's not necessary...

Mick:(coms) Whoa! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'll hear you out.

Yn:(coms) Despite Core being perfect for this game... It will be Zeta who steals the show.

Mick:(coms) Oh, I like where this is going... Let me guess... Ram everyone?

Yn:(coms) Ram everything. Straight into their platforms. Show your control of speed.

Mick:(coms) Don't worry... I won't waste this chance.

Yn:(coms) As some friendly advice, leave the Uranus team for last.

Yn:(coms) Felicia, we're on defense. Lisa, keep your distance and snipe the platforms.

Felicia:(coms) Are you sure this strategy isn't a bit too predictable?

Yn:(coms) We need not waste brain cells over these fools...

Yn:(coms) Our might is enough as long as we don't get lost in ego.

Yn:(coms) Now enough talk. Let's win.

The game was started, immediately filling space with flying lights. It looked almost like a war zone.

Zeta, like a shooting star, flew off.

Mick: Hugh!

The pressure of the speed he was traveling in was quite great, nevertheless, Mick had something to prove.

Aiming for the Saturn team's one hundred tile platform, Mick rammed straight into one of its Gears, ricocheting off it towards the next platform as the Saturn Gear he struck store through multiple tiles.

This was his technique which he repeated as he ping-ponged around all the platforms.

Mick: Let's go!

Reaching the Mars platform, Mick attempted to ram one of the Gears, only for them to move out of the way at the last second.

Mick barely managed to stop himself from flying through their platform.

Mick: That was a close one... But don't think I'm done just yet!

Before he could turn around to try again, Mick arrived near the Uranus platform, where he met with their team.

(GP-19: Sierra)

(Custom IL-06: Lifter)

Vulture pilot:(coms) Out of the way bronzey. We're looking for Gold.

Mick: Heh... Isn't that Gear a little too big for you? It's even gotten you to talk big!

Mick: Don't forget... I've won a few of our spars.

Sierra pilot:(coms) You best move before you beget a loss for your team.

Mick: Defeating a whole team, will net us a win in my book.

Mick: So let's see what you got!

Speeding towards them, Mick rammed Sierra, grabbing Lifter whilst passing.

Sending them on a course with their platform. Vulture transformed into a vehicle form to try and match Mick's speed.

Finding herself to possess more maneuverability than Mick, Vulture grabs Zeta by the shoulders and then twists him to change his direction.

Smacking her off, Mick gets ready to ram Vulture until he is heavily shot by Sierra, whose bullets pierced Zeta's armor forcing him to take evasive maneuvers.

Mick: The Astroid cast is what gives Zeta its ramming power. Can't afford to lose it until it runs out of fuel.

Mick: Guess this is what I get for asking for an upgrade like this in a few short days...

Mick: I get armor that can't quite take ballistic impacts...

Mick:... Hmph. What am I complaining about?

Mick: Helix would never let me live this down if I couldn't beat them on my own.

Speeding back toward them, Mick continues the fight.

(Earth Platform)

Yn:(Glares)...

Core sniped from the platform, while Lady-G and Neon defended it from incoming attacks.

Watching Mick's battle, Yn glared.

Yn: You had one job...

Two panels of Neon's wings flew off in their probe mode, whilst Yn prepared to leave.

(Bam)

Yn: Tch.

Two Gears arrived to take the battle to them.

(Mars Gold: PHX:07 Type-D AKA Fenix)

Dina:(coms) Hey there, Helix. Long time no see. How do you like my new and improved Fenix?

Yn: I understand that it's difficult to tell you're female...

Yn:... However, was it truly necessary to make your gear look ridiculous by adding breasts to it?

Dina:(coms)..... Hahaha... I'm so glad you're one of those old-fashioned people who are actually inside their Gears.

Mira:(coms) He's mine.

Yn: No. I'm not.

Mira:(coms) You and I will battle to see who is better.

Yn: You couldn't defeat my little sister. That tells me all I need to know.

Mira:(coms)... Give me a minute to correct this misunderstanding.

Angel flies over to Core.

Bob: Huh? Yes! Rematch! I can prove my snuff!

Lisa: Bob focuses on the sniping. The others will take care of us.

Bob: No, I'm fighting her! I'm perfectly equipped now!

Lisa: Bob!

Core changes targets, taking potshots at Angel as Fenix finds a beam whip wrapped around her.

Dina: Huh?

Felicia:(coms) Hey! If you think I'm staying out of the action, you have another thing coming!

Dina:(coms) You wanna go? Aren't you just here because of your boyfriend?

Felicia:(coms) No...

Flinging herself towards Fenix, Lady G dropkicks her.

Felicia:(coms) I'm here because I'm good enough to be.

Felicia:(coms) Unlike you, who has to rely on a sick girl. Go choke on dust.

Yn:(coms) Felicia. She's yours. I'll focus on defense...(mumbles) since someone has to.

Jen:(broadcasting) Looky here! It seems Foxtrot isn't the only one with a challenge.

Jen:(broadcasting) The young Nexer has a rematch on her hands to settle the tie of last time!

Jen:(broadcasting) And the fantastic Felicia is showing off her charms against the Mars Queen Dina.

Jen:(broadcasting) Ohhhh~, I feel the heat building up in my very soul!

Jen:(broadcasting) Whatever the outcome, I know it will be spectacular!

To be continued....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 103 11
Azrexel the Red Gear and Solas the Solar Gear. These two legendary Gears with their pilots, find the distance of 1000 years gone, with two dark versi...
48.9K 767 51
This is a massive crossover story featuring Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, though will eventually move into a drastically different setting and theme...
78.1K 2.2K 63
With one Royal kingdom that rules what's left of humanity and a rebellion that fights for equality for everyone, the organizations are constantly fig...
25 4 7
Long ago before the time of the dawn of humans there lived celestials. Celestials were both good and evil. They were powerful beings. Although they s...