Camp Half-Blood: Salty Shorts

By LukeIsMePenguin

You guys picked characters to ship in the first chapters of Camp Half-Blood: One "Salty" Adventure, and we he... More

Rose & Nathan
Nathan & Cole
Myra & Rose
Will & Damian
Will & Rose
Rose & Ben
Cole & Myra
Will & Rose
Ben & Rose
Myra & Cole
Nathan & Rose (from original story)
Ben & Cole
Rose & Ben

Nathan & Ben

1 1 0
By LukeIsMePenguin

Tonight Myra and Rose invited Cole and I to hang out. We were just going to play a few games and spend some time together. We haven't really had normal night's like this for a while. I mean, I haven't. I'm glad I decided to stay for a bit. I walked over with Cole to see Myra and Rose sitting on the floor next to each other talking. They saw us and welcomed us into Rose's Cabin. "Hey!" Rose greeted us.

"What's up? Where's Ben and Percy?" I asked.

"Percy is with Annabeth and Ben said he was busy but might stop by later to hang." I nodded and said 'cool.'

"What're we doing then?" Cole asked sitting next to Myra putting an arm around her. She smiled and looked at him.

"Well Rose and I were thinking truth or dare or maybe spin the bottle when Ben gets here." Cole had a worried expression. "Calm down, Cole." Myra said before Cole could say anything."We're all friends here and we won't pressure anyone into doing anything unless they want to. But... if they're wimps we'll force them. It's honestly a win win." I laughed.

"Alright, what're we waiting for then?" We all started and Rose decided to sit in front of Myra and next to me.

"Ok let's start with... Rose. Truth or dare?" Myra asked while Cole and I waited patiently.

"Uh... truth."

"Lame! What the heck come ooooonnnnnnn." Myra exaggerated.

"Whatever. I chose truth, just ask me something."

"Ugh ok fine. Who here would you be most likely to make out with?"

"Um... probably Nathan since he's the only single one here and kissing you would just be weird."

"Agreed. Ok Natha-"

"Hey now I get to ask someone." Rose objected.

"Nope, its more fun when I do it." Myra retorted.

"Fine, but I get to do the next one."

"Whatever, okay Nathan... truth or dare?"

"How about dare."

"Finally, someone willing to risk it all!" Myra said excitedly with a fist in the air. I got nervous because Myra was very... unexpected to say the least. "Nathan... I dare you to do whatever you can to get Ben to kiss you."

"Whoa whoa whoa." Rose intervened. "I don't know how I feel about that."

"Come on, Rose. It'll be hilarious. And we were planning on doing spin the bottle anyway." She was silent in thought for a moment.

"Alright I guess so... are you gonna do it Nathan?" Rose turned to me.

"I uh... I mean I don't know. I don't know if he'd be that easily tricked."

"He's an idiot of course he will. You just gotta be smart about it. What'd ya say?" Myra asked me again.

"Well... I guess so. I'll do it. Well, I'll try at least."

"Yes! Awesome this is gonna be rich."

"Alright, Rose. Go ahead and ask a-" Myra was cut off by the door opening. Ben walked in and Rose immediately stood up and gave him a hug.

"Hey, Princess!" Ben exclaimed.

"Hey, Ben. Glad you could make it."

"Yeah of course. So what're we playing?"

"Truth or dare-" Myra cut her off by pulling her down to sit on the other side of her.

"But... we were about to start spin the bottle. You can sit next to Nathan." Ben just shrugged and sat down. Myra then got up and grabbed an empty bottle and placed it in front of us. "Ben, you first." Ben then grabbed the bottle and spun it. After a while it was slowing down and landed on Rose and Ben got up and gave her a peck on the lips. "Ok, Nathan. Go for it." I took the bottle and spun it. It started to slow down and, not surprisingly, landed on Ben. Everyone went 'ooooh.' Especially Myra.

"Are you cool with it?" I asked Ben.

"Yeah sure, not a big deal." I leaned in and gave Ben a peck. When we pulled apart, I leaned in again and Ben didn't seem to mind. It turned into a makeout session until Ben was pulled away from me. Rose had stood up at one point to Ben's side. She dragged him to his feet. We were both shocked.

"Time to go." Was the last thing I heard, which was what Rose said before she slammed the door. The last thing I saw was Ben's eyes staring into mine. I took a deep breath. I had forgot Myra and Cole were still there.

"Uh what the heck was that?" Myra asked me shocked.

"I-I don't know. It was weird I-I don't know."

"Why'd you kiss again!? Oh my gods you like him! It was so freaking awkward for Rose." She laughed a bit.

"I'm so confused right now. I have to apologize to Rose." I said feeling bad about my actions.

"Well yeah, but you gotta talk to Ben too."

"What why?" I said confused. Why should I talk to Ben about this? It's going to be unbelievably awkward for the rest of my life between us now so how am I supposed to face him? How is Rose even going to let me talk to him. She looked pissed.

"Well he didn't pull back. He went for it too. I'm not saying make him explain himself, just talk about your feelings. He did seem to like it ya know." She grinned with an annoying facial expression.

"Well let me apologize to Rose first. Where do you think she went?" I asked.

"Either the Lake or the Beach. Those are the two places she goes to think." I thought for a bit and said thank you to Myra. I then headed over to the lake first. Thankfully, she was there.

"R-Rose?" I said with a small nervous voice crack. I didn't want her to explode on me. She turned around, saw it was me, and then turned back to look out at the water. "Rose I just wanted to apologize. I-I'm sorry that happened. I didn't mean for it t-"

"You know what Ben told me after we left." She cut me off with her cold tone.

"W-what?"

"Ben told me that he loves me. But... he felt something that he never felt with me. That he thinks we should take a break for a while to sort out his feelings." She got up and stood directly in front of me. Tears had already streamed down her face and more were on the verge of falling. "Do you know how that feels? To lose the person you love the most to someone else? That broke me, Nathan."

"I-I am so sorry. I never meant for... I'm... I'm sorry, Rose."

"Nathan... I know it's not your fault. It's hard but... I forgive you. I'm just kinda having a hard time accepting it. Talk to Ben, Nathan. If I'm not happy I at least want you and Ben to be. You both deserve that..."

"Come here." I said engulfing her into a hug. She sobbed a bit but once she stopped, I pulled away and wiped her tears from her face. "If Ben left You that easily, he's not worth it. And that just means he's not the one for you. There's a guy out there that will love you so much and never question it. I promise you." She smiled sadly.

"Thanks... you should talk to Ben..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah yeah... I'll-I'll be fine. Promise." I sadly nodded at her and then walked away. I looked back to see that she had sat back down and kept staring out on the water. I felt bad for her, i really did. She didn't deserve that and that will haunt me forever. But, she said I should talk to Ben, and that's what I'm going to do. Maybe he feels the same as me? How do it feel? Only one way to figure out.

I knocked on the door to Ben's cabin and he opened it slowly. "H-hey." I said. He immediately came out and closed the door softly behind him.

"Oh. Hey, Nathan."

"Could we maybe talk? About you know..." I trailed off hoping he knew what I was talking about.

"Yeah sure. Let's sit down over by the lake." I nodded and we walked over, sitting down by the water.

"So... I-I don't know how to start. I... I'm sorry?" I said confused.

"D-don't be sorry... I kinda liked it. And I feel horrible about liking it but... I did."

"I think I did too... that probably why I leaned in for the second one."

"I'm kinda glad you did. You're so...." he whispered the last part.

"Wait what'd you say?" I looked at him and his face had lit up red.

"I-uh I... I said you're so hot..." when he said that my face lit up. Why and how am I feeling this way right now.

"I mean... uh you are too." I said shyly.

"Thanks." He said with an awkward smile.

"Uh..." I said trying to break the silence. He cut me off swiftly.

"I really want to kiss you right now." I looked at him shocked but a small smile appeared on my face.

"I may feel the same." He then grabbed my face softly in his hands while I put one hand on his neck and the other... somewhere else. Things got heated fast in the dark of night. I knew this was a night I would never forget... or regret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 41 16
Does Travis think that him and Katie could really be something, does he have a crush on her, or will they tear the entire camp apart. If you want to...
34.3K 258 31
This will be a boyfriend and girlfriend scenario book for all genders to read (Including no gender peeps. UwU)Hope you enjoy reading these! Oh! And...
14.3K 715 123
[COMPLETED] Four demigods with conflicting personalities thrown together on a quest to open the locked gates of Olympus. Each one has their own prob...
511K 8.9K 115
Mostly Percy-centric ships. I'm willing to do the odd straight and/or non Percy-centric ships. Includes smut, fluff, and angst. Feel free to make req...