Thanatos (The Warrior)

By zi_wink

"So, you found your lost star General" "Yes, I Did" There was a long pause before he continued. "Innocent... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1-Level 1 worker
CHAPTER 2-Punishment of lie
CHAPTER 3-Mount Zipon
CHAPTER 4 General's Territory
CHAPTER 5-Lady Kan
CHAPTER 6-Fire
CHAPTER 7-Gowanians
CHAPTER 8-South
CHAPTER 9-Treaty
Chapter 10-Grenade vells
Chapter 12-Audax
Chapter 13-Did he Smile?
Chapter 14-Precious
Chapter 15-Stabbed
Chapter 16-Impatient
Chapter 17-Wife
Chapter 18-Green liquid
Chapter 19-Grace
Chapter-20 Wild Run
Chapter 21 Stranger
Chapter 22- Cry

Chapter 11-Concubine meet

2.9K 66 3
By zi_wink

OMG 1000s Reads Thank You So Much🤗❤️

Previously on Thanatos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard Finny grasped in worry.

"We need to go" Finny said in hurry trying fast to Crawl under the fence.

"Why?" I asked in desperation.

"I think General saw us" He said worried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe POV

We were about to exit Grenade vells when suddenly my conscious mind remembered that this is General's Territory there's no point of hiding. "Why are we running? We cannot run from General" I tell Finny taking deep breath due to running.

"Still It's punishable to hide and observe General when he is training. It is strictly prohibited to see Concubine's meet training because it brings many powerful kingdom in one place. They can doubt us thinking of us as Spy" Finny says rather panicked while dusting the dirt from his clothes. He does seems reasonable. Not to forget Master Ares will surely doubt us as spies.

Finny is right. For this time let's take his words seriously. So they are training for Concubine's meet. I remember Concubine's meet in Aurum we use to have loads of work. As Our queen expects everything perfect with no room for mistake. Not to forget colonel barking to finish the work before sun down.

Concubine's meet generally takes inside the palace. Outsiders are highly prohibited. Earlier decades ago for Concubine's Meet all the poor peasants would send their son's and daughter to palace thinking their lives would become easy as compared to living' outside the palace.

But after our Queen Coronation only the noblemen and Royal Household families started taking Part in the Concubine's meet. As the Concubine's meet changed to trade power to make their kingdom Powerful. Knowing if they pair up with Aurum's they will be in safe place. As General never back-stabs his promised vows.

Some year's back when Aurum's was not in stable place due to lack of soldier as well Aurum's economic were in loss. General seems to take the position and made quick recovery and our Kingdom became stable in all the sectors. People says that time there were some kingdom who helped General and General promised them to always be loyal to them. The names of those kingdom are not declared.

Seeing the quick gain of stability of our Kingdom lots of kingdom extended their hands of friendship but General kindly rejected their offer. Our Queen didn't wanted to lose their friendship she send them message. "only to allow Royals and noblemen to Concubine's meet". What to say this was kind of there deal. I don't know if all of these are correct, this is just my observation from living in this kingdom. Because this is how it works.

That's the basic reason I don't like these officials. Why? As none of them are living a good life all of them are tied with their own-self, they make their own set of laws which they themselves fails to follow. They Divide people and Label them while they keep the best place for themselves. They take all the appreciation for all the ceremonies while we works till our flesh bleed. The poorer gets poor while the richer becomes rich.

Will there be a world were people would be appreciated for who they are. Not by judgement, Not by looks Not by their social holdings and not by their birth in poor family. I deeply sighs at my own thought.

As we were standing, well I was standing and Finny being himself was playing with an ant on the ground he was blocking his path but the Ant was not giving up and finding new path to move. Ant intriguing Finny.

What can I say? Finny doesn't need distraction. Distraction needs him. Wasn't he the one who was trying to run away from General.

I see a lady coming she was half way towards Grenade vells as she calls Finny name. So he is popular!

"Fi.....nnny..." She shouts

"Finn......y" This time she shouts little louder.

"She calls you Finny........get up Finny" I pull him urgently as the lady walks towards us. Due to my forced pulling he looks towards the direction of the lady.

"Oh! Mother Thye. I couldn't hear you. What is the reason for your calling?" Finny asked the lady who tends to be Mother Thye may be she is Finny mothers. No. She looks too young to be Finny's Mother.

She smiles to Finny as she notice me she smile to me as well.
"what are doing here son? They already put the names on the bulletin for those who will be accompanying General for Concubine's Meet" she tells Finny one thing is Evident in her words that she is concern for Finny as well as worried.

What's the reason for her concern?
Is she worried that Finny is chosen or she worried that he is not chosen? Keeping my thoughts to myself. We follow her as she leads us towards the Bulletin board.

There is huge crowd near the bulletin board. All busy looking for their names. Some who found their names on Bulletin are pretty happy.

Why?

They are happy as they are getting chance to visit palace. Off-course they would be happy Palace is something which all the workers of Aurum's wants to visit.

For us Visiting Palace is like a life time experience. Some workers who gets a chance to visit palace obviously as workers they brag about its beauty and standard. Which a poorly household always dream about. Hearing them people starts dreaming about one's life in Palace. Sometimes when you can't get the things you want to have, you tend to dream about them to fill that blank place.

"Huff...I don't understand why would the ladies be happy about Going to Palace. They seems to forget they are going as helpers" Finny tells his hands folded in front of his chest. Looks like someone is grumpy about this situation. I laughs at him to which he narrows his eyes.

"What are you laughing at?" He questions me maintaining the same position.

"You...." I say pointing my forefinger towards him and laugh at him. Though he is kind of angry now and I shouldn't laugh but then he is funny.

"Shouldn't you check your name?" I said to Finny to which he scoffs and roll his eye.

"My name won't be there as My presence is more important here" He said. Why is it always about himself. He true live upto his image.

"Why don't you check?" He questions me trying to push he forward to which I stamp his foot just lightly with not much pressure.

"Ahhhh.." He groans he pain. Why does he need to act dramatic.

"Oh! Oh! Can't you stand a little pain from a girl. Stop being Dramatic and stand firm" Thye tells to Finny her left hand oh her waist while her right hand hitting the back of his head not to hardly. Finny glares at me but obeys Thye words. Maybe she is her sister. Why would he call his sister Mother?

I knew my name would not the there as I had just come to Zipon. They definitely will not send the newly brought workers to Palace.

Out of sudden Finny pulled me behind him as he took steps to hide behind Thye. Will I ever understand these human. "What is this now Finny?" I tap his shoulder.

"Shooosh shut up. Training is supposed to be over now General would cross this path." He whisper tells me. Pointing towards the path. Bulletin boards is placed in the centre nearer to main Entrance of Zipon. Yes! this way leads to south as well as it connects to others wings to there are high possibility for General to take his way.

How to explain my situation to you now. I don't want to present myself as fool. We were standing near bulletin board people gathered around and here Finny is hiding behind Thye and I am hiding behind Finny. How venerable can it get.

"What are you two kids doing behind my back?" Thye whisper scolds us. Why she is talking like that. Ohh wait Finny's effect. Welcome to the troop Thye which is leaded by Finny. I see few Guards walking past Bulletin board. Finny turns and smirk to me in 'I told you' look. After few seconds Guards floods the area and soon all the workers leaves the site in mist of these Finny and Thye runs away holding their hands and I am left to stand alone. What to do Now? Theoretically I should go to south following the Guards. Wouldn't that will look weird? No. standing here look more weird.

"ZOE...." Master Ares loud and croaky voice stops not only me but also the guards who were walking. I look at his direction. He is angry again.

"Did you check the traps properly?" He asks giving his favourite pose. His arms folded in front of his heaving chest. Nostrils flaring in anger making his eyes enlarge. Why is he angry NOW I checked the traps and even send them to West.

Something feels wrong! yes it definitely does.

I gasp at me own thinking I freed the healthy animals and collected only the injured one and send them. Which only had one meaning now an Angry Master Ares. No escape now what to do? First let's respond to him.

"Yes..Master" I reply innocently to him.

"How come none of the animals were Healthy you only send them injured one's" Master Ares eyeing me with his every words. Somehow I tense at his words which doesn't go unnoticed as he takes three steps towards me. We were standing far from each other having big gap between us but somehow Master Ares closes the huge gap with his large feet.

"You will not lie to me" He said maintaining his croaky voice.

"I will not" I assure him.

"Did you let them go?" Master Ares asked he is much more scarier when he is interrogating. His intimating presence is not helping. so I reply him quickly.

"No I did not let them go" I lie. I breath slowly and slowly not to alarm him if I take deep breath he would know he seems very experience in this types of work. His eyes studying my face. Go ahead waste your time examining my facial emotion if you have experience in reading people face then I am your Master I am better than you. I wanted to laugh but I can't.

"I am letting you go this time. Did you check Bulletin board?" He asked I didn't want to stay a bit longer with him so I lied again.

"Yes I did" My voice came out slow.

"Go to your Tent. Your work is assisting General all the time. If he needs water bring him if he need food bring him" Master Ares tells.

"Yes Master" I reply him nodding my head in yes. After getting satisfied reply he walks away. so impolite. I make my way up to my tent. After Reaching I stand at the entrance of General's tent but I find it inappropriate to enter so I walk to my tent. And starts arranging my clothes after finish arranging i lay down on my cot. Last night I did sense some moments in my tent maybe some guards brought my sack and placed them here.

After sometimes I hear seven Rings meaning its time for Afternoon meal. I get up from my cot wear my slippers and head towards west. I reach and see all the workers are in Que waiting for their turn. There are Eight Booth where food was served. I walk and stand behind a Lady. After long wait my turns arrive I take my meal and sit on a rock and starts eating. In between I try to find Finny but he is no where seen. I do locate Thye but she is serving in Booth number two I cannot ask her now.

Finishing my meal I walk up to my tent still no sign of General. I enter my tent nothing to do I starts sweeping the floor of my tent. Couples of minutes later.

"Come out Helper" I hear him is he asking me to come out. I walked out to see a guard holding two wooden buckets in his hands.

"Bring water and fill General's Bathroom tub before he comes" He says keeping buckets on the ground not waiting for my reply he walked away. I take the bucket and walk to nearest well. I carry water on both my hands and take slow steps towards tent as the buckets are heavy and I don't want to spill the water. even the distance from General's tent to well is quiet long.

From far I see the General's gate is opened and some movements going on. Coming closer I see some Workers tidying up his room. I don't look at them and find Bath room and pour water on the tub. Repeating the task four fives times I finally fill the tub full.

Hearing heavy footsteps sound, General is coming. I make my steps quicker and exit Bathroom but as I was about to exit his room he came from front. We were about to collide with each other but both of us balanced ourselves. How come all the workers are already gone was I that slow. I turned sideways to allow him to enter. After he entered I was about to run to my tent when suddenly he asked me to.

"Help me take my Cloak off" His deep voice was makes tornado in my stomach. I walk up to him leaving the bucket on the floor I reach him from behind I try to help him remove his cloak but my hands wouldn't reach his shoulder.

"I can't reach your shoulder my hands are shor..." I was in middle of speaking when he turned around put both of his hands on my waist and he placed me above the table which was in front of his bed. Yes I was standing above a table with both of our heights matching but I was a little bit higher. Both of us facing each other. His mesmerising eyes looked soft for no reason.

"Now" He said in gentle tone.

"You need to turn" I tell him slowly I was in loss of breath. Why?

"No" He tells slowly. So I started to remove. Entire time his eyes never leaving mine he looks amused by my action. I try to pull the cloak down but he won't move his hands. After some time he himself removed them as I was making slow progress. I stepped down the table.

"Be ready before the wake up Singing" He says placing in cloak in a stand.

Why? For what? Where? Did Master Ares complain about me? Am I being send to different place? I look at him confused question running inside me.

"We will be going with Military guards First" He tells clarifying my earlier doubt. OK we will go..Wait 'we' Is general himself going to lock my prison door? Is this the reason he is going with me?

"Stop making different faces" General tells removing his sandals he looked annoyed. Am I dying. its only my second day here.

"whe..re are we....." I try to ask him but I could't complete my sentence seems like my stuttering will not leave me alone. He looks irritated by my words.

"Didn't Ares Inform you" He asked his husky deep voice but this time his words are angered.

"He Didn't" I tell him my heads hung low.

"Did you check the names?" He asks this time he raises his voice I shiver in fear. I don't dare reply to him. which angered him a lot as his next words were emotionless. He commanded me to.

"Check the Bulletin and be ready. NOW LEAVE" He barked the last part I hurriedly picked the buckets and dashed out his tent. I wiped my eyes with my hands after which tears kept coming out. I made my way towards the board it's little dark near stars are visible. I walk with blurry eyes and reach the board. I search my name and Yes I found my name in hundredth number just below the Military guards name.

So, I have to travel with General which I don't want to do Now. Master Ares did try to tell me but I ignored him Even Finny told me to check I ignored him as well. I am such a fool.

I cried even more at my foolishness. I make my way to my tent as I near General's tent my cry getting louder I try to cover my mouth from making sound but fails as I had been holding the buckets.

I reach my tent and collapse in my cot. After sometimes I Hear seven bell sound its time for night meal. But I didn't have the energy to get up so I stayed in cot.

I need a good rest tomorrow will be a very long day. I need to save my tears and energy.

I Promise myself Tomorrow I will stay strong. I will not cry and I will not let anybody scold me or bark at me.

PROMISED

SEALED

~~~~~~~~~Word Count 2941~~~~~~~~

Hello Beautiful Readers.

I Hope you Liked it.

Comment and tell General's sudden change in behaviour towards Zoe.

Will Zoe be able to keep her Promised? well she seemed serious.

Thanks for Reading :)

Stay Safe

Your Author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 105 36
18+ Trigger warning for talk of suicide/drugs.* A story about a young human girl who tries to steal from a fae man. She gets put in a cell under the...
438K 16.6K 43
"I don't know what I did to make you hate me, I haven't done anything to warrant how you ignore me! Please, just tell me!" "I'm in love with you, dam...
2.8K 99 30
[COMPLETED] 'She is afraid yet so fearless, she is a child yet hides the power beneath her skin, she is so calm yet so dangerous, she seems foolish y...
860K 43.9K 44
21+ He is a youngest business typhoon, a billionaire. One of the Supreme powers of the country. No one dares to say no to him. A man loved by many bu...