π“πˆπ„π’ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ππˆππƒ |...

By RenAintNoSaint

𝑰'𝑴 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹 π‘ͺ𝑯-π‘ͺ𝑯-π‘ͺ𝑯-π‘ͺ𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑩𝑢𝑴𝑩!πŸ’ "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘒𝘨𝘰 π˜₯π˜ͺπ˜₯ 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘒𝘬 𝘢𝘱? οΏ½... More

π“πŽπ 𝐆𝐔𝐍: πŒπ€π•π„π‘πˆπ‚πŠ
𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 πŽπ… π…πˆπ‘π„
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π„π‹πˆπ“π„
ππ€π’πˆπ‚ π…π‹πˆπ†π‡π“ πŒπ€ππ„π”π•π„π‘π’
πƒπˆππ’π“πˆπ‚πŠ
𝐇_ππ†πŒ_𝐍
𝐈 π€πˆπ'𝐓 π–πŽπ‘π‘πˆπ„πƒ
π’π“πˆπ‹π‹ ππ„π€π”π“πˆπ…π”π‹
𝐂-𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐁
𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 π‚πŽπŒπ„π’ πŽπ”π“
𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 π˜πŽπ” 𝐃𝐀𝐃
πƒπˆπ’πŒπˆπ’π’π„πƒ
πˆππ“πŽ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π€πˆπ‘
πŒπ€π•π„π‘πˆπ‚πŠ πˆπ’ 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃
π˜πŽπ” π“πŽπ‹πƒ πŒπ„ ππŽπ“ π“πŽ π“π‡πˆππŠ
πˆπ“'𝐒 ππŽπ“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄, πˆπ“'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ‹πŽπ“
π–πˆπ‹π‹ π˜πŽπ” πŒπ€π‘π‘π˜ πŒπ„?
ππ‘πŽπ”πƒ
𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 π‚πŽπŒπ„π’ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‘πˆπƒπ„
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋
𝐀 π‚π‡π‘πˆπ’π“πŒπ€π’ π“πŽ π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘

π‡π„π˜ π‘πŽπŽπ’π“π„π‘, π˜π€ ππˆπ† 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃!

12.1K 365 261
By RenAintNoSaint

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐖✈︎

"Breathe, Becca. Breathe!" Dad whispers in my ear.

"I'm trying." I whisper back as my grip on my bouquet tightens.

The ceremony is about to begin. Everyone is in their seats, waiting on me. Our venue overlooked the prettiest mountains in California, the seats and wedding arch were lined up across the overlook, the sun shines through the clouds, surprisingly it wasn't too hot today. The bridal party and I were waiting in a screened in gazebo.

"Looks like C-Bomb is about to make a-"

"Jake." I warn him, lifting a hand. "Don't start."

"Alright." He holds his hands up in defense. "Bridezilla."

If looks could kill, Jake Seresin would be dead right now.

"Don't let him get to you." Natasha nudges me. "He's just mad because Rooster managed to land a girl before he did."

Jake scoffs, adjusting the tie on his neck. "Not true."

"Oh so you are single." Amelia lifts a brow at Jake. She tangles their arms. "Tell me, Jake. What do you like in a woman?" She gives a challenging smirk.

"Amelia!" I hiss. "Quit being a creep!"

Mom walks into the gazebo. "Bradley's about to walk down." My heart flutters. "Remember our order, as the maid of honor I will go first, then Amelia and Jake, then Natasha and the cat-"

"Katsopolis." I correct her.

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever! Then you guys go." She says, motioning to Dad and I.

"You look great." Dad says to her.

She looks him up and down in his suit. "You don't look too bad yourself." She winks. They smile lovingly at each other.

"Get a room." I roll my eyes. "Just not right now."

As the instrumental starts, my heart starts beating a million times faster. Everyone turns in their seats.

Bradley walks down to meet the officiant, they give each other a nod before turning to face the crowd. Mom waves to me before exiting the gazebo, her pale pink dress sways back and forth as she struts down the aisle, she stands to the left on the bride side. Amelia and Jake look to me and give a wink before heading down the aisle. They walk all the way down and separate, going to their separate sides. I'm relieved I didn't have to pull Amelia off of him.

"What do I do with him?" Natasha holds up Katsopolis. "You know when I get to the end of the aisle."

"Hand him off to Jake I guess. He is a boy of course." I shrug before nodding to the aisle. She technically missed her queue but she manages to gracefully walk out, Katsopolis is leashed beside her. He doesn't fully cooperate but they manage to make it down. Everyone then stands to their feet and keep their eyes glued on the gazebo Dad and I waited in. They were ready, and waiting on me. My forever is waiting on me.

"Sweetheart. I think we're supposed to go now." Dad whispers in my ear.

"Mhm." I nervously nod, not budging from my spot.

He leans over to whisper in my ear. "You're not going to runaway are you?" He teases.

I turn my attention to him and roll my eyes. "Shut up." I whisper as we step out of the gazebo.

I'm not a people person. So the idea of having fifty people staring at me during one of the biggest moments of my entire life makes me a bit nervous. I keep my eyes glued to the sky and the decorations as we walk down.

Everything is perfect. The sun setting down past the mountain, the big white bows on the back of every guests chair, the clothes, the colors. I'm glad I went with navy and pink. It all compliments each other so well. It's all perfect.

I finally look to make eye contact with my fiancé, my soon to be husband.

Bradley was in a navy suit with a chic light pink tie, matching my bridesmaids and his groomsmen. His hair was curly but tame. His eyes were watering, he's crying. Bradley Bradshaw is crying. He visibly breathes out and folds his hands over his face as he looks at me.

It was at this moment I could see in his glossy eyes. This man loves me, despite my wrongs, despite my failures, despite my many many flaws. He loves me unconditionally.

He walks towards us as we reach the front. Him and Dad exchange a hug. Dad pulls away for a moment, grabbing Bradley's shoulder. "You better take care of my little girl."

"I promise, Pops." Bradley nods to him before grabbing my now free hand, he leads me to stand in front of the officiant.

The officiant clears his throat loudly, I glance over at him my face dropping. "Oh my gosh." I mumble.

"Ladies and gents," Bob Floyd winks at me before looking back to the congregation. I almost didn't recognize him in him tie and flashy suit. "-we're here today because Bradley and Rebecca have said to one another, "Honey, I love you so much I've just gotta get the government involved!" Everyone giggles at his remark, I continue to stare at him. When did he become an officiant?

"Seriously, though. Thank you all so much for joining us. Bradley has asked that this be a fun ceremony, so we're here to have a good time these next few minutes while we get this hitching done, then we'll all have even more fun when we get to the reception. This thing isn't gonna start itself, so let's get to it!" He flips through his notes on his pad.

"We hold marriage up as a tradition in this country, why do we do it? I made the joke in the intro about loving each other so much we're going to get the government involved, but is that all it really is? Of course not! It's about a man and a woman and their strong love for one another. It's also a lot of work. Sure it also takes a lot of compromise. But at the end of the day, when you're married, you've got someone to come home to. You've got someone who's promised to love you no matter how smelly your socks get, or no matter how bad your mood is, or no matter what God himself decides to drop on your head this week. At the end of the day you've got someone to share virgin daiquiris with for all of eternity, someone to laugh at the same silly inside jokes with, someone to walk through life with."

Bradley gives my hand a squeeze as we gaze into each other's eyes.

"Bradley, Rebecca," We look back to Bob. "-I can't think of two people more suitable for one another, other than Pete and Penny of course." He winks to my parents, clicking his tongue. "In the time we've gotten to know each other, you've certainly both made me smile, and I've seen that your marriage will be built on a foundation of love and trust, and that's the best shot any of us can give it. You'll need to depend on that foundation of trust and of love throughout your marriage. You'll need to be more patient than you've ever had to be before. You'll experience higher highs, and lower lows than ever before, but now you'll be in it together for good. Unless one of you bail, which you shouldn't do because that mess gets expensive. With that in mind, let's check some legal boxes, shall we?"

Bob looks to Bradley. "Bradley. Do you take Rebecca to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and comfort her for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, and reap any and all tax benefits for as long as you both shall live?"

Bradley smiles cheekily, looking back to me. "I do."

"Rebecca. Do you take Bradley to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and comfort him for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, and reap any and all tax benefits for as long as you both shall live?" Bob asks me.

I nod. "Yes. I do."

"Thank God." Bob sighs. "This would've been really awkward if either of you would've said no." The crowd laughs. "You may now exchange your vows."

I nod at Bradley to go first. He pulls a piece of paper out of his suit pocket and shakily unfolds it.

"Rebecca, you already know that I have loved you since the day I met you, or when I thought I had met you at least. Knowing what I know now, I have no regrets when it comes to us. Not many people can say that, in fact I'm sure most are surprised when it comes to us. Since we tend to be a bit problematic at times. But regardless of all that. I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share silence when they are not, to agree to disagree on flight techniques and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home. I love you, always have, always will." He nods to me, saying he's done.

How on earth do I even top that?

I unfold my paper. "I remember dreaming of this day when I was younger. The dress, the decorations, the man. I don't know much but I know I for sure have that last one. Bradley, I choose you. And I'd choose you in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you. To be no other than yourself, Loving what I know of you now and trusting who you will become I will respect and honor you. Always and in all ways. I take you to be my husband. To have and to hold. In tears and in laughter. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. I love you, Bradley Bradshaw. From this day forward, In this life and the next." I lower my paper to see Bradley with tears streaming down his cheeks. A pearly white smile paints his face.

"Now how do you expect me to make this less soap opera like?" Bob rolls his eyes as he beckons Jake and Katsopolis over, he pulls the rings off. "Okay, Bradley now it's time to put a ring on it. Repeat after me, please. I, Bradley give you this ring as a symbol that I will love you, honor you, cherish you, and that I'll let you have the remote every once in a while, and I'll try to clean up after myself." Bradley repeats him and he turns back to me. "Alright, Rebecca, it's your turn. Repeat after me, please. I, Rebecca give you this ring as a symbol that I will love you, honor you, cherish you, and that I'll try not to nag you about spending too much time with the guys, and I may even make you dinner once in a while." I repeat him and he claps once.

"Well, after that touching exchange, I guess there's only one thing left to do, and that's for me to do my part! By the power vested in me by the state of California and that shady online quiz I took, I now pronounce you husband and wife!" We anxiously await his next words. "Well, go on, suck face!" Not exactly what I was hoping for but that works too. Bradley pulls me in by my hips and we lock lips. The crowd cheers, we pull apart and I feel a gust of wind from above us. I look up to see three planes lined up side by side flying, leaving behind lines in the sky. I look to Dad who gives me a wink. He just couldn't resist.

"Ladies and gents," Bradley and I start walking back down the aisle. "-it gives me great pleasure to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Bradley Bradshaw!" Bradley sweeps me off my feet making everyone cheer. He carries me bridal style off to the reception hall.

"We just did that." I sigh out of breath as he puts me down.

"Indeed we did." He whispers.

"Who knew Bob was that comical?" He ignores me and dips his head down, pulling me into a deep kiss. I bite his lip making him pull away.

"What was that for?" He asks grabbing his bottom lip.

"I know your games, Bradshaw."

***

"I'd like to make a toast!" Jake stands from his seat at the table, holding up his glass of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. We lift our glasses, looking at him."To Mr. and Mrs. Bradshaw. May your marriage be blessed-" We toast and take a sip of our drinks. "and may Becca's womb be fruitful." Bradley chokes on his drink, using the contents in his mouth to spray the white tablecloth.

"Seriously?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"What? It's no secret that you guys are middle aged. At this rate Rooster will be retired by the time his children graduate high school." Jake teases.

"Anyways!" Reuben stands from his seat. "When are we going to get this party started?" He nods to the jukebox.

Bradley and I smirk at each other. "What do you have in mind, Payback?"

He strolls over to the jukebox, he scrolls through the songs and chooses one. A beat starts playing.

"MC Hammer." I mumble as U Can't Touch This plays. "This is your party starter?" I call out to Reuben.

"Oh I'm sorry would you rather me play the YMCA?" He quirks a brow at me before dragging the boys out to the dance floor.

"They're so dumb." I laugh as they dance.

"Yeah..." Bradley mumbles, holding up his chin with his hand as he gazes longingly at the dance floor.

I look to the boys then back at him. "You wanna go out there and boogie with 'em don't you?" He looks to me, nodding hesitantly. I nod to the dance floor. "Go bust a move." He quickly stands and heads towards the boys, they hoop and holler picking him up off the ground.

"Ooo! Bust A Move! I'm adding that to the queue!" Amelia jumps from her seat.

"No way, chicka."I grab her arm and pull her towards me. "This wedding is rated PG. If mom hears the word sex she'll have a heart attack." I whisper.

She rolls her eyes. "Can I at least add the Cha Cha Slide?" She asks.

I scoff. "Obviously! What kind of question is that?" She smiles before running off to the jukebox. "Don't forget the Cupid Shuffle!" I call after her.

"How's it feel?" I look to the end of the table. Natasha waves before moving to sit in Bradley's seat.

"How does what feel?" I ask.

"This." She holds her hands up. I look up to the ceiling of the barn we were in. String lights swing from side to side as the wind blows through the opened doors and windows. "All of this." She looks back to me. "You've completed the biggest mission of your career, you got your family back together, you got the guy." She pinches my shoulder.

I giggle, rubbing my arm. "It feels incredible. I finally have everything I could ever want."

"I'm happy for you, Cherry Bomb." I smile, pulling Nat into a hug. "You better not forget about me." She warns.

"How could I?"

The music changes. It's a softer song. I look up to see Dad holding a hand out. "I do believe you are required to dance with your father at these things." I stand and grab his hand as My Girl plays through the speakers.

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.."

"Not exactly, I mean I could just reject you." I tease.

"When it's cold outside..."

He licks his teeth."I just willingly gave you away to Tom Selleck over there, I think you owe me."

"I've got the month of May.."

I roll my eyes. "That means you owe me a dance at yours as well." I give him a knowing look as his face scrunches up. "Come on Dad, when are you going to seal the deal." I nod towards Mom, she stands off to the side watching the two of us. "You're not getting any younger."

"What can make me feel this way? My girl."

"That's for sure." He laughs. I give him a look, urging him to go on. "Soon. But let's just focus on right now." We continue to sway to the music. "You look beautiful today. I mean you're my child so you're always beautiful. But you look extra beautiful today." He continues to ramble.

I sit my chin on his shoulder. "Thanks, Dad."

"You're welcome, kiddo." The song ends and everyone cheers.

Another song starts, the beginning of the song is very familiar. I turn to Bradley who stands by the jukebox smirking at me. I give him a knowing look. "Seriously?"

"My turn!" He calls out as he struts towards me.

"Watching every motion in my
foolish lover's game.."

He sings along with the music as he places a hand on my waist, he holds the other and we sway across the dance floor. "You couldn't resist could you?"

"On this endless ocean,
finally lovers know no shame.."

"It's our song. Of course I had to play it." He smirks. "This was playing in the diner on our first date. Remember?"

"Turning and returning to some secret place inside..."

"Oh I remember." I shake my head. "You were trying so hard to get me to notice you."

"I was obsessed with you, Rebecca. What do you expect?" He pulls me closer to him.

"Watching in slow motion as you
turn around and say..."

"What can I say? You Take my breath away!" He sings loudly. I blush and bury my face into his suit jacket as he spins us around.

"Especially today." He looks down at me. "You are one smoking hot wife." His face lights up. "Holy crap! Rebecca Bradshaw is my smoking hot wife."

"Quit being corny!" I whine.

"I'm sorry but I love you." He drags out, kissing the top of my head.

I look up at him into his gorgeous eyes. "I love you too."

He stares at me. "I'd so kiss you but your Dad is looking."

I roll my eyes. I grab his collar and pull him into a kiss. He hesitantly kisses me back. Everyone whistles making me pull away. "We're married. It's not like he can ground me."

Bradley shrugs. "True." He leans down and places a quick kiss on my lips.

"Can we play the Cha Cha Slide now?!"

***

"Aston Martin DB5. One of the most desired vintage cars." Jake says from behind me.

"How did you find this?!" I exclaim as I run a hand over the vehicle before me.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." He holds up the set of keys. "She's all yours. For the weekend at least."

I quickly pull him into a hug. "Thanks, Jake. For once you didn't leave me hangin."

"Wow that was so creative." He says plainly. "You come up with that one all on your own?"

"Shut up!" I laugh, punching him in the arm. I look down at the CD in his hand. "What's that?"

"Oh." He looks down then back at me. "Play this when you guys go to leave." He hands me the CD. I look up to the sky, the sun was almost set and I'm eager to get going.

"You might want to get your hubby's attention." He nods to Bradley who was talking with our fellow pilots.

I smirk to myself. "And I know just how to do it." I cup my hands and yell loudly. "Hey Rooster, ya big stuuud!"

Bradley turns his head and smirks my way. "That's me, honey!" He makes his way towards me.

"Take me to bed or lose me forever!" I call back.

"Show me the way home, honey." He scoops me up and places me in to the car. I roll down the window as everyone gets ready for our send off.

"You better text me when you guys land tomorrow!" Mom says, she holds up Katsopolis. "Your baby will be so worried." The cat meows not paying any attention to me.

"He seems heartbroken." I say nonchalantly. "I will text you. Both of you." I point to her and Amelia.

"Take a picture of the volcanos for me!" Amelia says excitedly. I lean out the window and give her and mom a hug.

I pull away and look to the front of the car. Dad and Bradley share a hug, making me smile. My smile grew when I realized this was my happy ending, the one where I got to keep both of the guys that I love most.

When they pull away Dad runs over to my side. "Text me when you guys get back. I may have a mission for you two."

"What kind of mission?" I give him a worried look as Bradley crawls into the driver's seat.

"You'd be going against the best of the best." He looks back to our fellow pilots. "I guess the professional term is dogfighting." He smirks.

"So you do want a rematch?" I tease.

"I'm Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell. Of course I do." He grabs my head and places a kiss on my forehead. "You guys be safe." He pats the car.

I look to Bradley who smirks at my Dad. "We will, Pops." He then looks to me. "You ready?" I nod. Everyone cheers as he puts the car in drive. I put in the disk and smirk as the song starts playing. I turn the volume all the way up.

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain!"

Bradley and I make motions with my hands as if we are playing piano. Our guests start singing with us.

"Too much love drives a man insane!"

I look to Phoenix, Bob, and Hangman.

"You broke my will!"

Then to Coyote, Fanboy, and Payback.

"But what a thrill!"

Bradley and I look to one another.

"Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

We yell before Bradley hits the gas and we spin out and onto the street. The wind blows our hair like crazy.

"I laughed at love 'coz I thought it was funny!"

I reach down and grab our sets of sunglasses.

"But You came along and you moved me, honey!"

I slide on my red ones.

"I've changed my mind!"

I slide Bradley's onto his face, kissing his cheek. I wrap an arm around his neck as he drives.

"This love is fine!"

He quickly looks to me and pecks my lips.

"𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄!"

😭😭😭
BIG THANK YOU to everyone that has taken the time to read, comment, and vote on my story! This is by far my favorite thing I've ever done and I'm so sad it's over. But I will be working on some new ones so be on the lookout for those! THANKS AGAIN!❤️

9/28/22

HIIIII

Thx for all the love on Ties That Bind🤍😭
I love you guys lol.
On another note.

I AM WORKING ON A NEW ROOSTER STORY!! It's call To Capture A Heart! I just posted the first chapter so if you'd like to please go check it out!!!

Again thx for all the overwhelming love and support. I enjoy reading your thoughts and comments.

Book cover photo:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 453 15
Lt. Serenity 'Tails' Lewis has been called back to TopGun, to not only focus on the task at hand that will be given, reunite with everyone but most...
293K 5.6K 29
Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw and Rachel 'Hurricane' Mitchell have known each other since Rachel was born, and he was only 3. Despite their age gap, the...
68K 1.3K 34
Eleanor Bradshaw was always seen as a ray of light to her mom and older brother following Goose's untimely death. She always connected instantly wit...
7.2K 137 30
Emerson Blackwood and Skye Kazansky had dreamed of becoming pilots for as long as they could remember. Through an extensive amount of training at the...