Fairy Tail - The World of Mag...

By Shorei

Fairy Tail, a guild located in Magnolia Kingdom, widely known throughout the country as a guild with powerful... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 - Town of the Songs Arc
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Eisenwald Arc
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Imposters Arc
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Garuna Island Arc
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - Phantom Arc
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Xrytos Arc
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Heartphilia Arc
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 - Loke Leo The Lion Arc
Chapter 24 - Tower of Paradise Arc
Chapter 25 - Nirvana Arc
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 - Edolas Arc
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Magic Council Arc
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - S-class Exam Arc
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - Future Arc
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 36

4.3K 95 11
By Shorei

She couldn't stand the awkward silence any longer than this, "As you all know, I'm Vyera Phoenix, from Fairy Tail. I'm sure I don't need to introduce myself further after all the spying. Shall we start from you then?" Vyera signalled to the girl walking nearest to her, with long brown hair tied in twin tails and green eyes.

She was hesitant for a moment, "... Sarah Lucifer, 16, Shadow magic."

Vyera nodded happily, trying to absorb her name and the feel of her magic, "Can you show us a bit of your magic?" Vyera requested.

"Sure." She answered, less hesitant. Out of sudden, her shadow rose up and she looks like she had a sister but only that her sister was jet black from head to toe, "It can do various stuff, pretty practical, only without color."

Vyera smiled, "We will do something about that." She looked towards the next girl. This time she has short wavy dark brown hair with a hairband and blue eyes.

She blushed, knowing it was her turn to introduce herself, "... Rena Yamato, 15, Forest magic."

"Forest?" Vyera asked, curious. She had never seen any forest magic users before.

"... Like this." She concentrated and suddenly, vines grew from the ground and wrapped around her like a shield. In addition, the vines were full of thorns. She released it and the vines returned back to the ground. "It can be as strong as metal if needed to be. I can use some of them as herbs too." She said, more confidently now.

"I see..." Vyera said, admiring the usefulness of her magic. It can be classified as earth magic, one of hers as well. But she was never good in using it. She should learnt a thing or two from her then, "The guys' turn now."

"Kamui Lechstrive, 17, Strength magic." Said a guy with brown spiky hair. He had a muscular body and seemed to be taller than the rest of them. He was pretty cheerful.

"So you fight barehanded?" Vyera immediately asked. He nodded. Guess that concluded his introduction. Vyera looked at the next person. This one has long black hair tied up in a ponytail. He also wore a spectacle.

"Clave Peer, 15, Illusion magic." He said while fixing his specs, "To be more exact, I will show you." He concentrated and their surroundings seemed to be different that very second.

"I see... It will be certainly useful." Vyera said. He released it and it was back to the forest path they were walking earlier, "And you are the last."

This guy has not spoken since the beginning, unlike the girls and guys who talked a little about their homes and surroundings. He has jet black hair and black eyes, a lone wolf."... Zach, 16, Iron magic."

"Zach... only?"

"I have no family since I was born. If you want to see my magic..." He collected some iron dust on his hands from the earth and it turned into a sword. Seconds afterwards, it dissolved back into iron dust.

"Hmm... Fine. I'll give you one later on." Vyera said.

"Eh?" He seemed startled.

"A family name of course. We will talk about it later. I can see our headquarters now."

Every head reacted to Vyera's comments. Although it was not as huge as the main Magic Council Headquarters they were at just a while ago, it was still considered a large one. The size was around the newly built Fairy Tail guild. A number of plants have been making their ways around the building, wrapping it. From the outside, it looked pretty serene and obviously abandoned for quite a while. Vyera could only hope that it was not as bad as she thought inside the building. Else, they will need a major cleaning all over the building.

"... Before we go in and see the situation inside, can I ask the last person to introduce herself?"

Every eye automatically turned towards Luna, who still look pretty calm despite the sudden instruction from Vyera, "... I was introduced earlier. I see no reason to do it again."

"Well, at least tell us your age and magic, that's what everyone did." Kamui said, being the first person to speak aloud.

She sighed, "Luna Eclipse, 19."

Everyone was still expecting somemore words from her but there was none.

"... You have no magic?" Rena asked without thinking, sounds really disbelief, someone without magic can be in magic council? That's really unthinkable.

"Is that so unexpected?" She said with a tone of anger making Rena backed off a little, "Even without magic, I can protect myself, maybe even better than anyone here." Adding the last sentence made everyone her hate her in an instant, all except Vyera.

"Okay, let's end the introduction right here." Vyera stopped them before it became a bloodshed, "Just a reminder, we are a team. I don't want us to break up even before we get started. This won't be the last time I say this. Remember this well, including you, Luna."

She did not say anything but everyone realised she was not too happy on that statement. Vyera did not give any mercy even though Luna was at least a year older than her. She was in charge of the team and she did not want to mess it up.

Vyera took the lead to go into the building. The door was heavy but it looked pretty elegant. Inside was dark and quiet. But in an instant, the lighting inside the building lighted up on its own.

"Hee... Isn't this a nice place for us?" Sarah step into the main lobby and admire the grand entrance of it.

Indeed, it was not so much from the outside but the inside was well kept. There were two sides of the building, West and East. There was 2 floors on each side. Slowly exploring it, the first floor of the East has quite a corridor. Potraits of previous members of council were along it. There were 4 grand doors, 2 on the right and 2 on the left. On the right, the two rooms were connected. One was the kitchen, another was the dining hall. The view was great and they can clearly seen the gate of the territory from the dining hall. On the left, everyone knew in one glance what the rooms were. The girls went in the one with red clothes hanging over it with " 女" written on it while the guys went to the one with blue clothes of "男" on it. Inside was the hot spring bath. It had both indoor and outdoor. Surprisingly, the outdoor was a mixed bath. The group reunited again there and stared at each other.

"Looks like we need to set a timing so that no unwanted incident happen in here." Clave said as-a-matter-of-factly while fixing his glasses. Everyone silently agreed.

Going to the second floor, it has 6 sleeping rooms, which 5 of the rooms have 2 beds. Only 1 room at the very end has a single huge bed.Sarah - Rena and Kamui - Clave decided their own rooms. Zach was having a room all to himself. Vyera and Luna were in seperate rooms as well. She didn't think she will have good sleep with Luna every night if they were in a same room. Another room was left empty in case any new member joining in. Vyera gotten herself in the single person room, which she accepted gratefully

Meanwhile, at the West side, the first floor of the West was a large room, seemingly for training purposes as weapons and dummies were on all the three walls of the room. The guys were pretty excited seeing it, especially Kamui. He stayed there for a while before joining the exploring team again on the second floor.

The second floor was pretty simple. It has the same size as the training room, except half of it was balcony. Seemingly like a meeting room, with only one big table with a few chairs around it. On the balcony, there was also a few tables. Probably for relaxing or tea break purposes.

Finishing admiring, everyone returned back to their own room and packed little stuff of theirs.

Vyera finished packing in less than 15 minutes. She didn't bring anything with her, except for some cloths and necessary items. She put the picture Reedus drew for her on the top of her writing table inside a frame, along with the feather Ice left for her. That's her only treasures besides the ring Gray gave her. "... I guess I can only go back once in a while, huh?" Vyera whispered to herself, "Better write a letter before I forget..."

She headed over to her desk and started to record a magic letter, telling everyone that she was okay and there was nothing to worry about. She also informed them that she would go back when she had the chance, without revealing too much on what she was tasked to do. It was not that she did not want to tell them, but it was better to keep them out of it, in case anything happened. She was ordered to keep even her face a secret. Guess it would be loads of dirty work to do behind the scenes.

She still could not get rid her habit of carrying the burden alone. It was just not her style to share pain or suffering with her loved ones. If they needed to suffer because they knew about this matter then it was better to keep it all to herself.

Finishing the letter, she sealed it up and called for the messenger bird just by the balcony of her room. Just a whistle of certain melody, it came. "Fairy Tail Guild, Magnolia Kingdom. Anyone will do." Vyera told the little bird and it quietly flew off after it gave an acknowledgement chirp. After watching the little bird for a certain distance, Vyera went back to her desk.

She has ordered the rest of the members to take a rest for the day. She will only start the training tomorrow after she has read the reports and their profiles. Luna was also pretty fast at work. She had put all the files on her desk. Vyera had her suspicion on Luna but nevertheless, has no proof thus she could not do anything about it. She began reading their profiles and reports. Luckily the reports were not all that long, at most 2 pages each person. Vyera was not good at using her brains, especially for stuffs like this.

Now she began wondering why she took up this troublesome job. Although the training should be interesting, the paperwork was hell. She decided to give as much as she could to Luna. She finished reading their reports in no time. The reports written on herself indicated all the transformation, behavior, and other interesting stuff. They were all observant enough.

"... All of them have lost their parents?" Vyera startled when she started reading Sarah's profile after Rena and Clave, "Here I was, wondering why they didn't join a guild or something and choose this shitty magic council..."

She spreaded out all their files on the desk, "... One killed by bandits, another two died by accident, another one missing in action and... one without any information... And they were all mages??" She whispered to herself when started looking at Kamui's then ended with Rena and Zach's.

Vyera then dropped back on her seat, "So this is how the council do work now? Getting some kids without family... so that nobody will give them trouble if something happens..." She sighed, making a mental note not to trust the council ever again.

She finished reading everything within an hour. Their magics were just as what they had shown earlier. She would think of the training method tomorrow after testing all their magics on hand. Luckily the forest behind the building was wide enough for them to experiment.

"... Let's stop thinking about this..." Vyera told herself and decided to try out the big bath downstairs. She took the towel and yukata that was already prepared in her wardrobe, not sure by who, and headed downstairs. Just before she went in, she heard the girls' voices. It seemed that they were using the indoor bath.

"... So your village was in the middle of the forest?" Sarah asked, "No wonder you are so good with forest magic."

"Yup, it was serene and peaceful there. There was less than 40 people there." Rena replied, reminiscing.

Vyera went in to the changing area without making much noise and started to undress while still listening to their conversations. They kept on talking about their hometowns in which Sarah didn't reveal much on the details but it seemed to be in the slump. Just before she opened the door to join them, they started to talk about her.

"... But seriously, I don't hate her but I don't think Vyera-san trusts our abilities." Sarah started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 6.3K 31
Kila is the Avatar's sister. Aang is the Avatar, and she is the mistake. She has no idea of her powers, since Avatars never have any family. What she...
5.5K 289 27
say it like you mean it ( in which you're just a ballgirl. ) miyuki kazuya x fem!reader future!au ...
355K 6.5K 120
#1 in the Gray Fullbuster tag August 13 ♡ Gray x OC I was just bored and I like fairy tail so I made this. This is based off the anime and more on f...
1M 21.4K 131
Her blue eyes flickered over to her husband with a soft expression on her face, despite the bad things that had happened before, she knew that withou...