Grian Oneshots PT2

By Rosetta_Azrael

It's not the cc, it's the characters they play. Might have IRL-like aus, but not truly IRL. Requests welcome... More

A/N
1 ~ The Vex and the Allay
2 ~ Every Scar Has A Story [Angst]
3 ~ Prank Gone Wrong [Angst]
4 ~ The Hated Soulbond [Short & Angst]
5 ~ He's Immortal, and Traumatized
6 ~ I'll Wait A Lifetime
7 ~ The Childhood He Forgot
8 ~ Meeting Again
9 ~ Emotions Are A Liability [Short]
10 ~ Corruption and Scars
11 ~ Pesky Bird Isn't Always Male [Short]
12 ~ Pushing It Down (1/3)
13 ~ The Mansion [AU Idea + Slight Story]
14 ~ TM/MHM ~ The Beginning
15 ~ Oxygen Poisons Memories [Angst]
16 ~ Wings Were A Defiance [Angst]
18 ~ Pushing It Down [2/3]
19 ~ An Unknown Flicker
20 ~ Broken Marks and Risking It
21 ~ Ľappel Du Vide
22 ~ Loving And Scared ~ KOV
23 ~ Ruthless Armies, Nice King
24 ~ A Home? What's That?
25 ~ They Will Never Know [ANGST]
UNFINISHED ONESHOT MOSTLY JUST AN UPDATE LMAO
Update.

17 ~ The Card Villian

609 24 2
By Rosetta_Azrael

TW: Implied torture; Kidnapping;

Scarian

Why am I this way? I just wrote out 60+ writing prompts for my best friend so they could use it in their writing club. And I want to write them all.
Also I don't know if I can even join the club cause I'm in online school.

~

The guards in the Hero agency, along with some heroes, absolutely adored a small hidden cafe near one of the worst places in the city. The owner was a short blonde named Grian, who could've ran the streets with how much the gangs, local criminals, civilians, and police respected him.

But the short blonde ran a cafe with a bookstore. The blonde had rules everyone abided by, and one of them being no fighting on his block. The cafe was a place they deemed a place they deemed to negotiate any offers between Heroes and Villains. It was special to them all.

The barista never asked about their jobs or powers, only treating them all nicely - whatever the job or position in life - and making some comments about the city he grew up in. Most were soft and just him saying he wasn't from the area, others being that his hero agency were corrupt and his villians were pure evil, and only the Vigilantes were for the people.

Not much was known about the barista. The main fact was that Grian was married, but no one knew who his spouse was. The second was that he had dabbled in Vigilantism in his home city, only really knocking out muggers.

But, there was also a major problem.

Grian was targeted by the Villians and Heroes who would rather die then ever negotiate with the others. And reluctantly, Grian closed his cafe and told each side that cared for him, he was in the other's safehouse.

When they figured out Grian had lied, it was much too late. Grian had already disappeared, the only evidence he existed being the small cafe book store that was closed until further notice.

...

Grian sat in his desk chair as he watched the fight from the Eastern district get worse. He honestly didn't care, the Heroes were getting beat and that just reminded him how much he'd been restraining himself in his recent fights with the Heroes.

Arms wrapped around his neck, and he glanced up. His annoyed expression turned soft and joyful as he stared up at his lover.

"Hey." Grian greeted, icy blue meeting bountiful green.

"Hey." Scar smiled down from where he was bent over Grian.

"Your home early." Grian raised an eyebrow. "I thought you were robbing that rich kid?"

Scar smirked. "I decided it was unfair with the fight going on. Besides, who wouldn't love seeing their lover and partner in crime watching the heroes fight?"

Grian smiled soft as he looked at Scar, the sky smirk almost made Grian forget how this memory ended. But he forced his eyes open as soft tears ran down his cheeks.

Grian frowned as he stared at the wall of his office. Jellie and Pearl sat judging him from their perches on his bookshelf, Maui probably trying to eat the plants again.

Grian sighed as he sat up, be for stretching. As his back popped, he glanced to where his computers were. He stood up quickly as he rushed to one of the screens. A villian he hadn't seen since his own Villian Days was fighting Voidwalker.

A Villian he had been hunting down since Scar...

Grian felt an evil smirk find its place on his lips, and he grabbed the deck of cards from his desk. Picking out the joker, he felt his magic flood through the card and then over himself.

His soft red sweater and grey sweats were quickly changed to his Villian outfit. The corseted black leather covered the top of the dark red skirt, the back of the skirt reaching his lower calves while the front reached his upper thighs. Long black and dark tan stripped leggings reached the black heeled boots at his mid calf. The added sleeves being soft despite their leather appearance, extended from where they were clipped around his neck and down to his wrist, two bomber gloves meeting the sleeves instead. A card holster hung on the left side of his hip, but it did resemble a gun holster. The small hat on his head having black grills extending out and then behind his head. A steampunk style goggles and mask rested on his face, hiding his identity.

Honestly, he thought it was too much, but Scar made their Villian Outfits, so he didn't have much say.

The deck of cards were placed in the holster on his left hip, the latch undone to keep the cards ready. To start with, Grian pulled three aces and the jack of diamonds from the deck. The Ace of Spades teleported him to the fight, and he sat there for a bit.

Voidwalker wore a black and dark purple armor over xyr black skintight shirt. Xyr control over air was extensive and honestly Grian was envious. He couldn't increase many of his own spells in power, just knowing how to use several different cards together that would create a win.

Dreamscape's outfit was odd. Dreamscape had a white mask with a smile, and a black sleeveless collared shirt. Brown cargo pants covered the slight heeled boots, but a lime green hoodie was wrapped around his waist - Grian was suprised that Dreamscape had gotten rid of his corset, but he couldn't say anything, he loved corsets. - Several sword hung on Dreamscape's back, but he mostly fought with his fire or mind alter magics.

Two long range projectile magics were thrown at eachother, and Grian quickly threw the Jack of Diamonds at the center where they'd meet. When the magic hit the card, it formed a large diamond.

"Thats-" Voidwalker glanced over at Grian, who stood up and began making his way closer to the two.

"Briar!" The Villain Dreamscape said, laughing. "Welcome back to the fight!"

Grian shrugged and stood at about a forty-five degree angle from the two. "Hello Dreamscape. Hello Voidwalker."

He wanted to trap and torture Dreamscape for the knowledge he needed right here and now, but he needed to wait. Scar was always the calm one of the pair, and he had to get used to being alone.

"Where's Vex?" Dreamscape asked. Grian heard the smirk and wanted to let go of all control - but he couldn't.

"Dunno." Grian admitted, glaring at the large diamond.

Voidwalker straightened xyr posture, likely more afraid that Briar was out alone and that Vex wasn't there to keep him in check. They were a Villiany duo, and they kept eachother in check. Briar had needed it the most however, he remembered getting lost in the excitement of blowing up a place, that Vex had gotten hurt.

He missed his Vex. He missed Scar.

"Anyways, who wants to go first? A three way battle between us won't really end well for the city." Grian shrugged, glancing back at Voidwalker. He felt back that he knew Voidwalkers's secret identity when most of the Heroes didn't. But he wasn't one to use it like that.

"Hahaha, you miscounted, Briar. It'd be a two way battle." Dreamscape said, laughing at Grian.

Grian turned to face Voidwalker and reached for the deck of cards on his hip, the others resting in his right hand. "Actually, you misscounted. There's not going to be a fight." The Ace of Diamonds was thrown at Dreamscape, him disappeared into a cloud of diamond dust. Pulling a nine of clovers out, he waved before activating both.

The nine of clovers spread spore blossoms across the city in a thirty mile radius of where he was, healing all wounded people. The Ace of Hearts quickly teleported him back to his base, but not in the cell he'd thrown Dreamscape into.

"What the hell, Briar!?" Dreamscape yelled.

Grian rolled his eyes before taking off the mask and flipping a small switch. He turned and walked closer to Dreamscape's cell, glaring in at the masked figure.

"Now, Dreamscape. Your going to tell me everything you know about the disappearance of Scar Time." Grian glared at Dreamscape from the other side of the force field. He couldn't enter and Dreamscape couldn't leave. Cards could slip through the field however.

"And if I don't?" Dreamscape snapped.

A Seven of Clovers was summoned to Grian's hand, and thrown into the cell. Plant vines wrapped around Dreamscapes legs before growing thorns and stabbing him. Grian hid the exhaustion that hit him from the use of so many cards after years of just using a few daily to keep his magic up.

"I have Fifty-Two cards, Dreamscape. All of them have their own magic embedded within. It would be wise for you to tell me."

...

Grian stared at the warehouse. Here. Dreamscape had said this was where he was. Glancing at the the timer on the Four of Hearts, Grian looked back at the warehouse. Ten minutes before Dreamscape will be teleported to the Hero Agency with the letter he'd stapled to Dreamscape's chest.

He could save Scar in ten minutes.

Grian smirked and activated the Three of Hearts. A fire started underneath one of the crates inside, causing the guards to focus on the fire.

Grian used the Ace of Hearts to teleport inside the building, the Ace of Clovers being brought out to create a small compass. He used the Five of Spades to turn invisible before using the Queen of Spades to turn the fire up.

Running down the halls, he began searching for his lover. The compass was signifying he was getting closer, and he was happy. He was finally going to see Scar again. Using the Nine of Hearts, a small explosion knocked down the door to the room the compass pointed at.

Grian stared in shock as he saw the room. It was pure insanity. In seven tubes floated seven different people, the second to the right edge being Scar. Each person, thankfully, has clothes covering their private areas. Several pumps and wires and panels were scattered around, the major panels being in the center surrounding the giant middle tube.

He threw the Two and Four of Clovers at Scar's tube, the tube immediately being broke and the brunette being caught on the black of roses and moss. He walked closer to the other tubes, noticing the fact most were missing or presumed dead heroes. Only two were Villains, Scar and the Villian Sleeper.

The timer on the Four of Hearts went off, and his heart swelled. He pulled the Seven of Diamonds and the Seven of Hearts from his deck and threw the Seven of Diamonds into the air. As it activated, the Seven of Hearts made vines grow across ever hero and villains face beside his own.

He knew he had thousands of people watching him now, he knew his every move was being watched. That's what the Seven of Hearts did, hacks into every video service and forces people to watch from where the card was thrown.

He summoned the Four of Diamonds to his hand, and then summoned another deck of cards. He'd always gone easy on the heroes, pretending they beat him fair and square, most thought his deck of cards had to be remade every fight, unknowing he could poof more into existence with one card.

A new Two of Clovers was pulled, along with a Nine of Spades and the King of Clovers. Both the Two and Nine were used on all the tubes, and Grian threw the King of Clovers on the floor. The floor was transformed into soft material, and all of the heroes and even the Villian Sleeper sunk into the soft floor.

Grian heard footsteps, and turned to face the Hero M77. Grian glared softly before rushing to Scar. Hitting his knees at Scar, he pulled his lover closer to him.

"What in the hell is going on?" M77 asked.

"Heroes and even some Villians have been being kidnapped and been tested on. If you don't mind, I'll be leaving now." The Ace of Hearts was summoned again, and used to teleport both Scar and Grian to their home.

Landing on their bed, Grian held Scar tightly. Years of anguish and searching and pain finally hit him. He sobbed into Scar's chest, letting the fear and anger wash over him. He wanted to kill everyone apart of this.

His magic slowed to a stop, all non-permanent spells stopping. Grian knew this because his energy stopped being sucked by the spells.  He pulled himself away from Scar to look at his lover, before using the Joker to change back into his sweater and sweats.

Although he was exhausted, Scar was covered in cyan goop that was purely gross. He pulled Scar up and off their bed, and quickly made the walk to the bathroom. He filled the water with warm water before taking off the white shorts Scar had on and slipping the unconscious man into the bath.

He slowly began washing his lover, mostly trying to figure out what he'd say to Scar. Everything was either too corny or too bland. Nothing had their spark of mischief.

"Ain't that a pretty sight." Scar's voice was soft and Grian's eyes widened as he looked at Scar. The soft brown was even softer, the smile weak, but it was still Scar. Grian felt like his face was tearing with how large his smile was.

"Scar..." Grian whispered.

"I knew you'd find me." Scar pulled Grian's hand from his hair and into Scar's.

"I always will." Grian pressed a kiss to Scar's cheek.

Scar smiled to Grian before closing his eyes and smiling as Grian continued to clean his scalp with one hand. They had a lot to talk about, but they could take it easy for now. They needed eachother right now, and that's all they cared about.

And Grian needed sleep first.

...

Grian nuzzled into his husband's chest. They were watching - or atleast supposed to be watching - a movie. Grian was just enjoying that Scar was finally home, and Scar kept looking down at Grian.

Despite days having passed since Grian found Scar, he felt the lingering exhaustion from all the cards he'd used. He knew he should've waited a day before he went after Scar, but he didn't think he could've waited that long. He'd already waited five years to even get Dreamscape.

"G..." Scar asked, sitting up. Grian hummed and scooted a bit back to look at Scar's face.

"Yeah?" Grian smiled to Scar.

"I... I know you only came back as a Villian when Dreamscape finally showed up and you could get him to tell you where I was, but..." Scar seemed awkward, and Grian understood why.

"Scar. I'm a Villian, just like you. I won't flat out kill anyone anymore, but causing some havoc and chaos is always fun." Grian held Scar's hand, before snickering as he spoke again. "I don't know how many villian hero fights I've caused for exposing their coffee orders at the Cafe."

"...cafe?" Scar asked.

Grian felt embarrassed blush creep onto his cheeks and he nodded. "Our dream was to be able to open a cafe book store, and while waiting for Dreamscape, I bought one. Only the Cafe is open currently."

Scar smiled and pulled Grian closer to him. "Oh how I wish I could've opened it with you. How about I run the bookstore and you run the cafe?"

Grian snickered and nodded. They'd already agreed when they were younger about who would run what. It had always been their dream. But the life of villiany had gotten in the way and caused them to run before they could even plan of buying something.

"How about we hire people so we can leave and cause havoc while the cafe and bookstore are still open?" Grian suggested.

"I'd love that." Scar pressed a kiss to Grian's cheek.

Grian was happy.

...

Grian rolled his eyes before turning to look at the door. Voidwalker - no, xe's in xyr civilians right now. - Xisuma glared at Grian befkre walking closer.

"Do you know how worried you made all of us? We didn't even know if you were safe!" Xisuma snapped somewhat gently.

Grian smiled before pointing to Scar. "Xisuma, the heroes couldn't even find me, how were the villians supposed too?"

"Grian you were being threatened. You lied to us about where you were. If you had gotten hurt-" Xisuma's eyes softened. Grian smiled weakly before grabbing a coffee cup and beginning to fill it.

"X. Is this about the Heroes and that Villian that Briar broadcasted across the city?" Grian asked.

Xisuma crumpled against the counter. "Its a major system of groups trying to make the perfect soldier... If they'd gotten a hold of you, theres a chance we wouldn't have found you."

Grian pulled the Nine of Diamonds out and stuck it against the cup. Grian handed the cup to Xisuma and watched as X took the coffee and went to sit with the Hero M77 and the newly turned Hero Sleeper. All were in civilians, but Sleeper hadn't said his civilian name yet. It was Sleeper noticed the note first and looked up at Grian with shock.

It didn't take X or Doc - M77's civilian name - to notice either and turn to look at Grian in pure shock. The deck of cards that appeared in his hand as he flickered his villian outfit with his civilian one made them realize he wasn't lying.

"Why would you do that?" Scar asked, quickly followed by the three heroes rushing to the counter.

"Your Briar...?" Doc asked.

Grian snickered and nodded. "I will be causing some chaos, but not as much as normal villians. I'm just tired of being civilian again."

"Again, why would you expose your identity?" Scar asked, staring softly at Grian.

"Because I wanted too." Grian stuck his tongue out at his husband.

"I'm sorry, who is he?" Xisuma asked, pointing to Scar.

"Oh?" Grian smirked as he looked to Scar. "This is my husband, Scar. You know him as Vex though."

"Grian!" Scar scolded teasingly.

"To think, our barista is the Villian who could've destroyed the city at any time." Doc breathed out in suprise.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I just like Chaos, and Scar is the same. We won't be straight up killing or injuring people for fun." Grian shrugged. "Just destroying some buildings and causing some fights. Nothing major."

"Yeah well, I want to see of I can still rob that major bank using the plan we came up with before I was kidnapped." Scar said, shrugging.

"That sounds like fun." Grian agreed.

"...oh god." Xisuma said. "Please don't do too much. We're already breaking rules by not arresting you."

Grian smiled largely to X and laughed. "Alrighty. But for now, we have to get that library set up." Grian glared softly at Scar.

"Ugh, I wanna cause Chaos." Scar pouted.

"Tonight." Grian smiled.

"Alright." Scar pouted but made his way to the library through the closed door.

"And here I thought he was the more stable one." Sleeper said.

"It used to be that way. But, I've lived as a civilian for five years without him. I needed to get control of my own inner chaos before I could search for him without leveling the city." Grian shrugged and turned around. "Dreamscape didn't see me, so he didn't take me. And that became his worst mistake."

"Grian... What exactly caused Scar to be taken?" Doc asked, sitting on one of the barstools.

"Me and Scar have morals. It was one of the morals that caused Scar to change into his Vex attire and protect a lady who was being mugged. Dreamscape had created the illusion and was trying to get the Hero Zombie Queen. I used the Five of Spades to turn myself invisible." Grian pulled the card from the deck before activating it momentarily. "Its how me and Scar used to get away from fights we actually wanted to be around to watch the ending of."

~

Grian can't activate more then 8 permanent cards, and he can't activate the same card over and over again without it costing more energy each time. Each card has two different types on them, the secondary being the level of concentration needed to activate it.

Concentration level:
1 - Easy, usually just throwing the card can activate it
2 - Medium, Grian needed a little more focus, but not a lot.
3 - Difficult, you have to focus on what you what the card to be

____ of ____ - Power (*) (If mentioned in story) - Perma/Non - 1/2/3

Ace of Hearts - Teleportation* - Non - 2
Two of Hearts - Telepathy - Non - 3
Three of Hearts - Flare Fire* - Perma - 2
Four of Hearts - Timer* - Perma - 1
Five of Hearts - Increase Heat - Perma - 2
Six of Hearts - Decrease Heat - Perma - 2
Seven of Hearts - Hide Identity* - Non - 1
Eight of Hearts - Morph - Non - 3
Nine of Hearts - Controlled Explosion* - Perma - 3
Ten of Hearts - Bonding - Perma - 3
Jack of Hearts - Abjuration - Non - 3
Queen of Hearts - Healing - Non - 2
King of Hearts - Regeneration - Non - 3

Ace of Clovers - Compass* - Non - 2
Two of Clovers - Shatter* - Non - 1
Three of Clovers - Adhesion - Perma - 3
Four of Clovers - Nature Blanket* - Perma - 3
Five of Clovers - Speed - Non - 3
Six of Clovers - Strength - Non - 3
Seven of Clovers - Vine Chains* - Perma - 3
Eight of Clovers - Fusion - Non - 2
Nine of Clovers - Healing Spores* - Perma - 2
Ten of Clovers - Access - Perma - 3
Jack of Clovers - Xenolingualism - Perma - 3
Queen of Clovers - Material Shift - Perma - 3
King of Clovers - Soft Catch* - Non - 2

Ace of Spades - Absorption - Non - 3
Two of Spades - Aeromancy - Non - 3
Three of Spades - Gravity - Perma - 2
Four of Spades - Affinity - Perma - 2
Five of Spades - Invisibility* - Non - 1
Six of Spades - Improved Hearing - Perma - 3
Seven of Spades - Improved Sight - Perma - 3
Eight of Spades - Acid - Perma - 3
Nine of Spades - Amplify* - Non - 1
Ten of Spades - Vibrate - Non - 3
Jack of Spades - Darkness - Perma - 3
Queen of Spades - Flame Increase* - Non - 2
King of Spades - Light - Perma - 3

Ace of Diamonds - Teleport in cell* - Perma - 2
Two of Diamonds - Defense - Perma - 2
Three of Diamonds - Steal - Non - 3
Four of Diamonds - New Deck* - Perma - 2
Five of Diamonds - Electric Bend - Non - 3
Six of Diamonds - Conditionary - Non - 3
Seven of Diamonds - Project Video* - Non - 3
Eight of Diamonds - Empath - Perma - 3
Nine of Diamonds - Note* - Perma - 3
Ten of Diamonds - Projection - Non - 3
Jack of Diamonds - Magic Turns into Diamonds* - Perma - 2
Queen of Diamonds - Soul Manipulation - Perma - 3
King of Diamonds - Illusion - Non - 3

Jokers - Appearal Change* - Non - 2

Edit: I JUST SEARCHED UP WHAT POPPIES AND LAVENDER FLOWERS MEAN AND OMG
For reference, Scar gave Grian Lavender and Poppies when he turned Red on 3rd Life. Lavender means Devotion, while Poppies mean Rememberance or Death! I know it was just the flowers Scar found, but I really had to share this before I write a story about it. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 418 30
Welcome to the one-shot book. Most of these are old and i made a new one for better uploads. No more requests will be taken here.
14.4K 191 61
REQUESTS ARE CLOSED THIS BOOK IS FINISHED HErmitcraft Oneshots. That sums it up. Actually it doesn't sum it up... My OC is in this Swearing involved...
9.8K 119 16
So I'm doing a Hermit-themed writing challenge, feel free to come along for the ride. The rules are fairly loose/nonexistent, so yeah. Have fun!
5K 134 39
I felt like making this to both write for some of the fandoms I don't want to make specific things for and to maybe see if it'll keep my creativity f...