Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61.

Chapter 20

65 2 0
By Kimmi369

I stand there frozen all eyes on me, I hate being the center of attention. I feel a push on my back from Ino. Kankuro looks over at me with wide eyes and starts moving his fingers connecting chakra strings to me making me walk. What am I puppet now? I'm too stunned to do anything though, I follow my grandfather out the door and see Asuma and Sota.

Kankuro's POV.

Her grandfather is the damn Hokage?!

He looks over and sees her teammates giving each other looks.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE OLD MAN GRAMPS IS HER GRAND FATHER!" Naruto shouts.

"Did you know Ryota?" Buyuu asks he shakes his head not knowing.

"I'm her best friend! How come she have never told me?!" Naruto shouts.

"NO! NO! NO!" Kankuro hears screams outside.

"Obviously she's never told you about her father either." Kiba jumps in. "She doesn't tell anybody about herself."

Her father? What about him? Before Kiba could continue Ibiki continues to explain about the exam as they hear a bunch of commotion outside the door causing the room to shake.

"This first exam for the Chunin Exam has been completed!" Ibiki states with a smile. "I wish you well."

While everybody watches Naruto cheer in happiness something breaks through the window and stands Anko.

"You guys! This isn't the time to be celebrating! I'm the proctor for the second exam! Anko Mitarashi!" She says standing in front of everyone. "Follow me!"

"Read the atmosphere." Ibiki mumbles to her.

"78?! Ibiki you let 26 teams slide by? I guess the first exam this time around was too easy."

"It seems like this time there are a lot of excellent candidates."

"Huh, well all right... I'll drop more than half of them in ther second exam!" She says looking at everyone. "I'm getting excited. I'll give you the details tomorrow! Well be changing locations, so get information from your Jonin about the location and the time! That's it. You're dismissed."

🦋Third Person POV🦋

Mayumi stands there in front of her grand father, Uncle and Sensei. They stand there in concern.

"Mayumi, I'm sorry for having to pull you out like this.. this can't wait." Her grandfather said.

"Is everything okay grandfather?" She looks at him with worry. Both Asuma and The Third Hokage look at each not able to say anything looking over to Sota.

"They found your parents Mayumi." Sota says softly.

She stands there in complete shock. "Wha-what? Wh-where are they?!" She shouts tears streaming down her face. "Where are they! I need to see them! I need to know they are okay!"

"Mayumi... my beautiful grand daughter.. our special forces... found them... dead.."

"They are in the hospital. Basement floor." Asuma says looking down at her.

She looks at them unable to comprehend what they just told her. "No." She says taking a step back knowing exactly what the basement is used for.

"Mayumi, let me walk with you." Asuma says taking a step towards her.

Then a switch flipped in her head. "NO! NO! NO!" She says holding her head screaming. A strong force of wind blow through the hallway almost knocking the three men down.

"Mayumi!" Her grandfather calls out for her. The wind dies down and she no longer stands in front of them.

"Where did she go?" Asuma asks looking at the Hokage.

"The hospital. I'm sure by now she's tore the whole place up." Sota says turning to Asuma. "You need to go and be with her. I will take care of your team this afternoon." Asuma looks at him with a stray tear running down his face then nods and hurries to the hospital.

🦋

Mayumi barges through the hospital gates and rushes to the basement of the hospital. She's been down there a few times before only because she was with her grandfather and a few medical nins in to learn a little about medical jutsus. She stops at the door. "Morgue."

She hesitantly puts her hand on the door then slowly opens it up and sees the back of a medical examiner standing between two tables.

The medical examiner turns around and sees the small blonde girl with tears streaming down her face. "You must be Mayumi Sarutobi." She says softly. Mayumi just stands there frozen in place. "Come here my sweet child." She says holding out her hand. "My name is Akie, I have already cleaned them up for you. You can stay as long as you want too. I will do their exam tomorrow."

Mayumi just stands there frozen still she feels a warm hand on her shoulder and jerks her head back to see Asuma behind her. She looks up at him with hurt and he quickly bring her to his chest where she starts crying more clinging onto him.

"I will give you three some privacy." Akie says quietly walking out. They turn to see the Hokage behind them then proceeds to walk up to his son and daughter-in-law. He says some final words then turns around to Mayumi holding out his hand.

She hesitates then walks forward taking his hand as she walks up two the two tables. She looks down upon her lifeless parents bodies. Wounds that have already been cleaned their hair neatly done and new clothes. Looking peaceful as if they were sleeping.

"How long.." she asks softly. "H-h long have they been d-dead?"

"They were found in a glacier of ice.." her grand father replies. She takes her hand and touches her mothers cheek. Feeling the iciness of her skin.

"We won't know until they do the exam for how long.." Asuma says sniffling.

She quickly turns to Asuma. "You have no right to be crying!" She spats. "You never wanted anything to do with my family!"

"Mayumi." The Hokage says shocked.

"No, he doesn't have any right to be upset! He left me when I was three! THREE! He never wanted anything to do with me with whatever he found out what my father did!"

"Mayumi, it's not like that! He was my brother!" Asuma explains.

"Get. Out."

"Mayumi, please let me explain!" Asuma begs.

"Get. The. Hell. Out."

"Asuma, later. She's in no condition for this right now." Her grandfather explains softly. Asuma hesitates then slowly walks out visibly hurt.

"When's the funeral?" Mayumi asks wiping her face from her tears and snot.

"After the Chunin exams. I'll let your team know under certain circumstances they your squad will not continue." He says walking to the door.

"No." She states crossing her arms.

"Mayumi-"

"Grandfather, I'm finishing the exam." She says as he pauses at the door.

"Mayumi, I hope you know what you are doing." He says as she pauses listening to him. "I hope you know that you are strong, fearless, honest, independent, how brave you are and how important you are to people. Even if you don't feel like it. Like I've always said. You were born to raise hell."

"Nothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn it into poetry. All the blood was never once beautiful... it was always just red." She says as he walks out the door.

She stands there over her dead fathers corpse. Looking down on him biting the inside of her lip then slams her fists into him. "Why would you do shit like this?! Why were you so mean to everybody! There are so many damn questions and now I'll never know!" She raises her fists up again and slams them down into his chest again. "My Uncle left me because of you!"

Mayumi cries for a few more minutes then pushes one of the empty tables between her parents tables and sits on it for hours. She finally hears someone coming in.

"Oh I'm sorry Ms Sarutobi. I didn't realize you were still here." Akie says walking slowly up to her. Mayumi turns around to face her.

"It's okay.. I need to prepare for my second exam anyway.." she says getting up. "Please can you let me know the moment you find out anything."

Akie nods in agreement then Mayumi turns to walk to the door. "Mayumi, the only cure for grief is to grieve."

"No one ever told me grief felt like fear." She states walking out the door slamming it.

🍃🦋🍃

Well, that was a drastic turn. Did anybody see this coming?? Let me know what you guys think! Things are only escalating from here!

Also, if you ever read my IrukaxOC story we love Akie!

If you're liking this story please comment and vote! 💙 I can update more when I get more interest in my story but right now, I think like 3 people are reading it if that!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 2.1K 44
You are from the (l/n) clan a very powerful and very well respect clan well it was until it's downfall and every clan member killed in cold blood Wel...
558 41 32
Before you read this book, heavy cringe warning cause i wrote this when i wasnt even old enough to watch shippuden. I am however making a rewrite of...
11.4K 435 11
She was parentless, penniless, and powerless, but that didn't stop her from becoming the greatest kunoichi the world had ever seen. (Y/n) (L/n) had n...
29.7K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...