Waging War Book 3: Blood Red...

Oleh DawnfireOfSkyClan

"When the blood covers the moon, peace will drown in the ashes of war." The traveling cats have returned to t... Lebih Banyak

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 24

288 21 6
Oleh DawnfireOfSkyClan

Owlpaw opened her eyes and she was back in the Spirit Garden with the other medicine cats who were waking up as well. She didn't even bother checking for Mothflower cause now she knew the truth. Mothflower is gone.

Owlpaw looked around at the other medicine cats, she wondered if she should tell them all right away, but she decided against it. I'll teel Honeyfrost and Pebblestep once we're alone, and then I'll go to MountainClan camp and help them prepare herbs, then I'll try and figure out what to do and hope StarClan sends me a sign on who the next medicine cat of MountainClan should be.

Owlpaw remained silent as the other medicine cats gathered and they headed out of the Spirit Garden and made the long journey back to their territories. Blackstorm remained distant from the other medicine cats as usual, but she couldn't help but notice Oneflight did the same. I wonder what is going on with them? Blackstorm was always distant, but Oneflight never was. He was always friendly with the other medicine cats but now he seemed incredibly distant. Owlpaw couldn't focus too much on him, though. She had much bigger issues to worry about.

The walk through the freezing cold air was long, Blackstorm and Roseheart broke off from the group to go home quickly and the reaming three reached the river border just before the sun started to rise. They bid farewell to Oneflight and the SunClan cat medicine cats stepped into their own territory.

Owlpaw felt exhausted and her lungs were starting to ache, but she couldn't keep it hidden any longer. "Mothflower left MountainClan."

Both Honeyfrost and Pebblestep came to a stop and turned to look at Owlpaw. "She left? What do you mean?"
"Mosscloud told me that Mothflower left, and isn't coming back. She couldn't handle being a medicine cat and she left."

Concern filled Honeyfrost's eyes and she looked at Owlpaw for a long moment. "Wasn't she chosen by StarClan?"

Owlpaw nodded. "StarClan guided me to her and she seemed to be doing well when I left her and Mosscloud was training her as well, but she got overwhelmed." Owlpaw dropped her head. "Maybe I didn't train her well enough."
"Owlpaw you weren't even a medicine cat when you started training her, you gave her what little knowledge you had and Mosscloud did the rest." Pebblestep explained. " If Mothflower couldn't handle being a medicine cat then that's on her, not you."

"I need to do something." Owlpaw replied frantically. "MountainClan needs to be prepared for sickness and injuries, they can't get by without herbs."

Pebblestep sighed. "I know you're worried about them Owlpaw, but MountainClan is not your responsibility, you--"

"Yes they are!" Owlpaw cried. "I helped build them, I know they're not my Clan but I need to help them!"

Pebblestep was silent for a moment before letting out a defeated sigh. "What exactly do you want to do to help them?"

Owlpaw was a little surprised that she was asking, she honestly figured it would be more a fight. "I want to go to MountainClan camp and gather herbs for illness and teach them how to best use them for illness until StarClan sends me a sign for the next MountainClan medicine cat like Mosscloud said they would."

"Get some rest tonight, sleep and get your energy. Then I will allow you to travel to MountainClan territory and help them prepare for illness. You can even provide them some of our herbs that we have excess of. You may stay the night if you need to and make sure they are prepared. If that will help you feel better about MountainClan then I will allow it." Pebblestep turned to Honeyfrost who gave an approving nod.

"Thank you both." Owlpaw dipped her head and breathed out a sigh of relief. The three medicine cats continued heading home, finally reaching camp and settling into their nests to get sleep and keep warm.

Owlpaw felt exhausted both emotionally and physically from the long journey, but it didn't take her long to fall asleep as she thought about which herbs to take to MountainClan tomorrow.

*****

Owlpaw approached the MountainClan border with a bundle of herbs in her mouth. She had gotten plenty of rest and gathered some herbs for MountainClan so they would helpfully be prepared. She had gathered tansy, feverfew, chickweed, coltsfoot and a little bit of catmint in case of an emergency. She didn't want to take too much away from her own Clan, but Pebblestep allowed her to bring a small amount.

She had traveled through the gathering hollow territory to avoid having to cross as many rivers in MoonClan territory, it was a bit longer but she wouldn't get her pelt wet. She carefully crossed into MountainClan territory and started towards the camp. She hadn't been here since the Clan first arrived in the mountains, she forgot how pretty MountainClan's territory was, it almost felt familiar despite how little time she had spent here.

Mountainstar had promised her that she was always welcome to visit, so Owlpaw confidently padded her way towards the camp. She was nearly there when she caught the scent of MountainClan cats. "Stay there!" A voice called and she froze in place, but she didn't feel threatened. She stood where she was and watched as a MountainClan patrol stepped into view. It was led by Nettleheart and had Spiderstorm and Hazelspring. That's a very small patrol. Owlpaw noticed.

"Oh, it's you Owlpaw" Nettleheart almost seemed relived to see her. "What are you doing here?"

Owlpaw set the herb bundle down. "I know that Mothflower left, and I am here to help as best I can." Nettleheart exchanged a glance with Spiderstorm.

"We appreciate that," Nettleheart dipped her head. "We'll take you to our camp and you can see Mountainstar." Owlpaw nodded and followed the small MountainClan patrol as they led her to the camp. She climbed the stone path and entered the camp.

She looked around the camp and was happy to see that the Clan camp looked well lived in. Despite the cold weather outside, MountainClan cats were conversing outside and they all looked quite happy.

"Owlpaw!" She heard a happy cry and turned her head to see Sparrowpaw and Finchpaw running up to her. She was shocked to see just how big the apprentices had grown. She was smaller than the normal apprentice, but she was a few moons older than them and yet they were nearly the same size as her. "You're back! We missed you!"

"I missed you too." Owlpaw purred and noticed that most of the Clan's attention had been grabbed as well. They all gave Owlpaw fond and welcome looks. She almost felt at home here. I'm so happy all the warriors feel happy here. She thought happily. "I'm here to see Mountainstar and to help you all out a bit."

"We welcome you, Owlpaw." She heard the voice of Mountainstar and turned towards the leaders den where she saw the leader standing. She looked proud, but Owlpaw could also see that there was an incredible amount of stress weighing on her shoulders. Owlpaw set her herb bundle down again and approached Mountainstar.

"It's good to see you." Owlpaw said happily. "I know about Mothflower and I'm here to help as best I can."

"Thank you, Owlpaw." Mountainstar dipped her head.

"I have some herbs here, I can teach you their basic uses so you can help your Clanmates in case they get sick." Owlpaw explained.

"Let's go to the medicine cat den, we can talk more there." Mountainstar suggested and Owlpaw picked up her bundle, following her to the medicine cat den. When they stepped inside Owlpaw was surprised at how big it was, she hadn't seen it since they first got here but she forgot how large it was.

She looked around and noticed several nests, most of which were unkempt and hadn't been slept in quite a while. She looked towards the herb store and saw that Mothflower had left what she had, but it was far from full or organized. She saw that some of the herbs were dying and rotting away. How long has she been struggling?

"When did Mothflower leave?" Owlpaw questioned as she set down the herbs and started cleaning and organizing Mothflower's herbs.

"About three days ago, and it wasn't just her." Owlpaw turned around to face her in surprise. "Antwhisker, Gingersky and Yewtail left as well." She sighed, Owlpaw could see guilt hidden in her golden eyes. "And Flintfoot left earlier this moon after him and I got into an argument."

"It's not your fault, Mountainstar." Owlpaw assured the leader. "Some cats just aren't cut out for the life of a warrior," She looked around at the poorly kept medicine cat den. "Or medicine cat."

She swept up some herbs with her tail and turned to Mountainstar. "I have permission to stay here overnight if needed. I will help stock up your herb store and teach you how to treat sickness if it arises. Mosscloud told me she would send a sign leading me to a new medicine cat when the time is right, hopefully this training will last long enough."

Mountainstar nodded. "I appreciate your help Owlpaw, and I hope that StarClan chooses the right medicine cat this time."

Owlpaw sighed and looked at Mothflower's den. "I hope so too."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.1K 78 42
BEING REWRITTEN!!! READ THAT ONE!!! Skyspirit, a warrior cat, suddenly finds herself haunted by dreams of the future. Following a prophecy told by St...
10.9K 462 22
𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘜𝘙𝘕 𝘛𝘖 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘓𝘐𝘝𝘌𝘚 𝘖𝘍 𝘚𝘒𝘠𝘓𝘌𝘈𝘗 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘚𝘜𝘕𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘙𝘔 𝘈𝘚 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘠 𝘍𝘈𝘊𝘌 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘔𝘖𝘚𝘛 𝘋𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘙𝘖𝘜𝘚 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘈�...
16.1K 658 31
An Impossible Task... The travelling cats have been given their task, and it seems impossible. Owlpaw faces the challenge of convincing Sheer Mountai...
36.5K 1K 46
Crowkit is born into tragedy, his sister dead before she ever had a chance to live and the only cat his mother blames is him. Despite the pain, Crowp...