A YEAR WITH THE BILLIONAIRE

Eaglewoman20 द्वारा

Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she... अधिक

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
THE END

CHAPTER 30

54.6K 1.8K 99
Eaglewoman20 द्वारा

Isabella's POV

With our arms intertwined, Jayden flashes me a smile and I can't figure out if it is for assurance or if the act of playing real couples has started already.

We begin to walk towards the front door of the big mansion. It has a waterfall in the middle of the front yard and I was mesmerized by it.

The more we approach the front door, the more nervous I become and my hands tremble a little.

When Jayden told me we would sleep on the same bed because we need to act like we are real and are truly in love, my heart skipped a beat.

How do I manage to hide my sleeping defect from him now that we are bound to sleep on the same bed?

I couldn't even suggest to him that another bed was the best because he walked past me to the bathroom immediately to take a shower so we could come here.

My heart has been racing since then. I am scared and anxious.

And now, I have to deal with his family members. I haven't met others but I have been introduced to his parents before. The house I went to isn't the same as this and I wonder if they have numerous houses like this all over New York City.

The door opens from inside and we step in. Jayden's shoulder is brushing mine because of the closeness and it feels strange.

I haven't been this close to a man. Even though we are married, it feels odd, probably because we aren't in love and the electricity that might jolt down my spine at the contact isn't there.

All I feel right now is shivers. Cold shivers running down my spine at the contact, adding to my fear.

We venture into the house in silence until the dining room comes into view and a series of laughter and noise fills the air.

Everywhere is so noisy. A baby is crying. Another baby is shouting. There are chatters around the table and immediately we are in sight, I see the reason for all the noise.

Dinner is being served already by three maids. One of the maids is holding a trolley containing several dishes while the other is picking up the dishes from the trolley and passing them to the eldest who places each dish on the large rectangular table. They are all dressed in a black and white uniform; a short gown and a half apron.

The magnificent furniture in the house, the old antique, the high bright chandelier, and the artistic paintings all over the place make it feel homey and big.

I have never been to a big place like this. The dining room alone can past for my whole apartment.

What the hell!

A young lady hoists her head up and she sees Jayden and me where we stand watching all the drama. She has been the one talking nonstop and helping the maids arrange the table.

"Jayden!" She waves at him, beckoning us to come closer.

Jayden and I exchange glances and he shrugs. I wonder what he is thinking. Before we can move close, the lady appears in front of us, her brown eyes beaming with excitement and her long black wavy hair packed in a bun.

"Jayden and his wife are here!" She announces, making others look at us. I wonder if they didn't hear her the first time.

The baby is still crying and I wonder whose baby it is.

Jayden has a smile on his face and he finally lets go of my arm. He places his hand on my back and faces me squarely.

"Babe, meet my cousin Caroline", he introduces before shifting his gaze to Caroline who looks like someone with a naturally smiling face. "Caroline, meet Isabella, my wife."

Caroline opens her arms and pulls me into it, letting his hand on my back fall.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. I have been dying to see how gorgeous his wife is and also to see who the lucky person is. I had to fly all the way from California just to come and see you guys", she says all in one breath, making me uncomfortable with the hug.

Her voice is tiny and you wouldn't know she is talking until she raises her voice or you notice her lips moving. I guess that is why she likes ranting all the time. We've just met but I already know the type of person she is.

She is just like my mother. She can be silent when she wants to and she can also be a chatterbox in a few minutes, especially when she is comfortable with someone.

She releases me from the hug and Jayden's hand crawls to my back again. "Caroline is the mother of that forever-crying baby and also those brats over there", Jayden points to the two boys who are of the same height.

One of them is shouting at the other while the other is sitting comfortably on the floor in silence.

Wow! I almost say. They look alike and they must be twins. These babies are really small.

How did she manage to give birth again when the twins aren't grown up yet?

"She gave birth to the baby girl a year after the boys", Jayden informs me, as if hearing my thoughts and Caroline hits his arms playfully as a blush of embarrassment creeps to her face.

"Everyone knows how much you hate babies and hate the fact that there was little spacing between my princess and the twins, do you have to make it so obvious in front of your bride?" She throws him a cold glare.

Jayden drops his hand and shrugs nonchalantly. This is when I realize I haven't said a word.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Caroline", I say with a light smile on my face.

Her attention is now on me and a smile replaces the glare on her face. "It's nice to meet you, too."

I fake a frown. "Jyden hates babies?"

Caroline gasps and holds my arms. "You don't know?" I shake my head and she suddenly breathes a sigh of relief. "Finally. Thank God you like babies."

"She doesn't like babies", Jayden contradicts and I glare at him.

"I don't? Of course, I do", I oppose him.

"Yayyy! My big brother is going to have babies soon!" She squeals in excitement.

"Caroline, stop it!" Jayden looks embarrassed and I almost laugh out loud.

"Hey, come over. Dinner is ready", someone shouts from over the dining area and I recognize the voice to be Jayden's mother.

Jayden's petite-looking cousin leads us to the dining area.

Jayden and I get to the dining area while she goes over to the boys to get them. I see Jayden's older version; his father, another guy who has brown hair and large hands, then another smaller guy.

Jayden pulls a chair out for me as we all exchange pleasantries. This is when I see the baby in Mrs. Russell's hand. She is trying to stop the crying.

When Caroline comes back with the boy, she makes them sit and take the baby from Mrs. Russell. We begin to eat immediately and the baby stops crying.

Silence falls even though I am still as nervous as well. I was uncomfortable with Caroline when she came to meet us halfway earlier but I wasn't this uneasy.

This apprehension must be a result of being around new faces or because of Mrs. Russel who is staring at me as she eats.

She is sitting beside her husband, Mr. Russell who is at the head of the table. Jayden is on the left and I am beside him. Caroline is next to me, then the guy with the large hands and the small guy is beside Mrs. Russell.

"Babe, pass me the salt, please", Jayden says out loud and I stretch to get the salt. Caroline quickly passes it to me and I drop it in front of Jayden. He smiles at me. "Thanks, babe."

We continue eating in silence and when we are almost done, Caroline clears her throat. I look up to see a look of amusement on her face.

"Mom?" She calls, making Mrs. Russell shift her gaze away from me. "Isabella wants babies but Jayden doesn't want them."

When she turns to me, her eyes soften.

The rest of the eating session is in silence. We finish up and the maids arrive almost immediately to clear the table.

"This is John Lorenzo, my husband", Caroline introduces the man with brown hair and large hands to me as her husband. Then she points to the guy next to her. "This is my brother, his name is Andrew."

"Nice to meet you two, John and Andrew", I greet them politely with a slight bow of the head.

"Nice to meet you too", they both chorus, smiling down at me.

"So Jayden will be welcoming babies soon?" Mrs. Russell asks, staring at me.

"No!" Jayden says

"Yes!" I answer.

We both look at each other and I almost laugh because of the aghast look on his face.

I whisper. "I want babies."

"I hate them", he scrunches his face up and I chuckle and hold his hand on the table.

"You will love them, don't worry", I assure him with a smile.

"Babies can be a handful..."

"You will love them", I repeat and turn away from him. All eyes are on us and I clear my throat and look down.

"Jayden was once a baby", his mother utters. "If he doesn't like babies, then it means he doesn't want babies with you."

Caroline gasps and murmurs arise from the men except for Mr. Russell and Jayden who shoot her an angry stare.

The statement process itself slowly in my head and my mouth drops open in shock.

****

Chapter 30 is here!

What do you think Mrs. Russell means by that statement?

Is she mad at Isabella for not accepting her offer or there is more to this?

Air your views and don't forget to vote for this chapter.

See you tomorrow💃

Daily updates will start tomorrow!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.6M 48.6K 32
I'm Matteo De Luca. A successful businessman in New York City. I have it all, the penthouse, the fast cars, the many vacation houses. I am successful...
398K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
1.3M 43K 101
It Is a one-night stand for a 24 years old college girl, Annabelle. With no strings attached. When she sees her baby father on the cover page of a ma...
554K 13.2K 32
[Completed] Highest ranking :- 29 boss 35 business 163 boss 128 hot 238 hate 234 marriage Warning : there are many grammatical errors in the novel re...