The One She Loved

By DiaryofWynter

Most people would describe, Sioni 'Luvie' Asher, as an atypical teenager. After a fatal encounter with a loca... More

Preface,
Chapter One,
Chapter Two,
Chapter Three,
Chapter four,
Chapter six,
Chapter seven,
Chapter eight,
Chapter nine,
Chapter ten,
Chapter eleven,
Chapter twelve,
Chapter thirteen,
Chapter fourteen,
Chapter fifteen,
Chapter sixteen,
Chapter seventeen,
Chapter eighteen,
Chapter nineteen,
Chapter twenty,
Chapter twenty-one,
Chapter twenty-two,
Chapter twenty-three,
Chapter twenty-four,
Chapter twenty-five,

Chapter five,

7.8K 731 839
By DiaryofWynter

hi babies. 🫶🏽 OH! and before I forget again, Luvie kind of resembles Kalii (the rapper) just in case y'all wonder how sis looks lol.

     Monday morning rolled around, Luvie walking her usual route to school. She stopped by the store like she usually did every morning, to grab herself a cold vanilla, Frappuccino.

     She was a bit tired than usual, but she chalked it up to her staying up a little later than usual to finish working on Kyro's laptop.

     Luvie had it in tow with her, refusing to go anywhere near his house. His vibes from yesterday surely did rub her the wrong way. Any human with common sense, wouldn't find themselves hanging around someone who was predatory.

     But then again, some of the boys around her way tolerated that behavior—even witnessed and inherited it from their fathers and uncles.

     She should've known something was up after she didn't see nor hear his siblings in the house. In the back of Luvie's mind, she felt as if he used his computer as a way to lure her there in hopes of having sex with her.

     Luvie was glad that she listened to her intuition that was literally begging her to get out of there. If she hadn't, she wouldn't have known what would've happened. Plus, she didn't think she would have run into Tyra and Faven when she did.

    Last night was still lingering on Luvie's brain. With the exception of Easton's smart remarks that he thought she didn't hear and the girl splashing her drink onto Asanté; she had a really great time with the girls.

    She hoped to make plans with them again soon.

    Luvie walked into the corner store, waving to the owners like she usually did before walking down the aisle where the freezers were. She stopped in front of the freezers that were holding the iced coffees.

     She grabbed one and walked to the front, placing it down on the counter. The clerk scanned it up, before the total popped up on the small monitor. Luvie swiped her card, punching in her PIN number before the clerk passed her the receipt.

     "Thank you," she said, grabbing her coffee and walking out of the door. On her way out, she almost bumped into someone as she was stuffing her card into the pocket of her bag.

    "My bad," she heard Asanté's deep voice apologize. She looked up to see his slim frame towering over her. She greeted him with a comforting smile, looking back down as she zipped her backpack closed.

    "Good morning, Asanté," she finally spoke, looking back up at him.

     "On your way to school?" he asked her, stepping out of her way. She softly hummed, nodding in response as she popped open the top of her iced coffee. "I have a question,"

      Luvie raised her eyebrows, beginning to drink from the bottle. "You walk to school every day?" he quickly pointed in the direction of where her school was. She nodded again, pulling the bottle away from her lips and twisting the cap back on. "Is it your choice to walk to school?"

     "Sorta," Luvie shrugged, wiping the top of her lip. "My parents leave before I wake up, they offered to drop me off but that means waking up early. So, I just told them I'll walk instead,"

     "Oh," Asanté looked at his watch, he scratched the back of his neck as his eyes started to dart around in nothing in particular. "Wait here, a'ight?" he slowly backed up towards the entrance of the store.

     Luvie hesitated but nodded her head. She watched Asanté disappear into the store, leaving her standing in her spot. Her phone chimed and vibrated in her phone, making her reach into the back pocket of her jeans to grab it.

Tyra
Good morning girl! See you at school! (:

      Luvie read over the text, before reacting to it with a heart. She replied back with a 'good morning' text before stuffing her phone back in her pocket. As she continued to wait for Asanté, she drank the rest of her coffee.

     A few minutes later, Asanté came out of the store with a bottle of gatorade. "Do you want a ride to school?" he offered, twisting open the cap of his gatorade. Luvie cleared her throat, lightly scratching at her forearm.

     "U-um, you don't have to do that," Luvie meekly spoke, dropping her eyes down to the sidewalk.

     "Sure? It looks like it's about to rain," he pointed up at the sky, causing Luvie to look up. The darkening sky was blanketed with clouds, rays of sunshine barely peeking through.

    "Hmph," Luvie pushed air through her nostrils. The last thing she wanted to do was walk in the rain, if it did rain later on while she was in school, she would have to find herself a ride or wait until the rain let up.

     "Are you sure it won't be out the way?" Luvie finally brought her attention down to Asanté who was still awaiting an answer.

     He shook his head, fishing into his pocket for his keys. "Nah, the school is in the direction of my job anyway," he told her, unlocking his car. He opened the passenger door for Luvie, waiting for her to get in.

    "Okay," Luvie mumbled, approaching the car and getting in. Asanté shut the door once she was settled in and walked over to the driver's side. He got in and stuck the key into the ignition, starting up the engine.

     He shifted the gears and backed out of the parking space, before pulling out of the lot and onto the road. There was a silence that lingered over them in the car, Luvie gripped the bottle of her coffee.

      She was a bit nervous, as it was the first time that she let a guy drive her anywhere. Of course her brothers and her father had driven her plenty of places before, but they were family.

      It puzzled Luvie that just a few days ago, she held a dislike for Asanté but now here she was accepting rides from him. If someone had told her that she would eventually become cordial with Asanté, she would tell them that they're lying.

     "Hey, um, about last night–" Luvie started to say, until Asanté interjected.

     "Don't," he stopped her, keeping his attention on the road. Luvie bit down on her lip, looking out of the window. "Keep the sympathy, and don't feel bad either,"

     "It's just, I was wrong to treat you the way that I did. I didn't even really think of how your brother's actions affected you in the long run–and my friend tried to get me to but I didn't care," Luvie expressed, rubbing her thumb over the glass of the bottle.

     "It's cool, I don't blame you or hold it against you," Asanté said, shrugging as he snuck a glance over at her. Luvie nodded and remained quiet for the rest of the drive.

     He arrived at her school within the next ten minutes, pulling into the car drop off line. Luvie unfastened her seatbelt and reached down to grab her bag from the floor. "Thanks for the ride, have a good day," she half smiled, opening the door.

     "You too," Asanté replied. She shut the door behind her and stepped onto the sidewalk, latching the strap of her bag onto her shoulder.

     "Luvie!" she heard someone shout her name from behind her. She turned around and saw Sacha quickly closing in on her, She paused and waited for her to catch up. "Hey girl, whose car did you just get out of?"

      "Uh, family," Luvie lied, not wanting Sacha in her business. Despite the girls being best friends, she didn't tell Sacha everything as she liked her privacy and never wanted people to have the opportunity to throw her business back in her face.

      Also, she didn't want her friend rubbing her 'I told you so' in her face. Although Sacha was a nice person, she also didn't hold back from rubbing her being right in someone's face. It was the only thing that Luvie couldn't stand about her.

      "Oh, okay," Sacha linked arms with her, but Luvie instantly pulled her arm away from hers. "Sorry–um, what'd you do this weekend? How did your appointment go wit' Kyro?"

     "My weekend was good," Luvie paused, drinking the rest of her coffee. She then tossed the empty glass bottle in the trash, licking over her lips. "And I'ma tell you later on wit' Amauri and Brielle,"

     Sacha huffed, pursing her lips. Luvie turned to look at her, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, why can't you tell me now?" she complained, adjusting the straps of her backpack on her shoulders.

    "Because I don't want to repeat myself? Plus, it's early in the morning, I don't want to talk about that." Luvie irritably scoffed, passing her a funny look. Sacha sighed and rolled her eyes, leaving the conversation at that.

     The girls walked into the cafeteria to chill before the bell rang to go to first period. They settled down at their usual table, an overpowering feeling washing over Luvie, that she was being watched.

     Luvie looked around the lunchroom at the disparate students, she started to look away until finally she locked eyes with Kyro. He was staring at her, along with the rest of his friends.

     Luvie was about to break eye contact with them until she remembered that she had his laptop in her backpack.

     "Shit," Luvie cursed under her breath. She said a small prayer in her head before getting up from the table. She walked over to his table, reaching into her backpack for his laptop, but then she quickly paused. "You have the rest of my money?"

     Kyro shook his head, placing his arms on the table. "Okay," Luvie coolly replied, taking her hand out of her backpack. "Well, you're not getting this bitch back until you do,"

     She shrugged, starting to turn around until Kyro stopped her. "I'm just playin' wit' you, Luv," he smirked, reaching into his pocket for her money.

     Luvie raised her top lip in disgust. "Luvie, not Luv. And I don't play bout' my money, find somebody else safe to play wit'." She held her hand out, waiting for him to hand her money over.

     "You still mad from yesterday?" Kyro tilted his head, keeping his hand in his pocket.

     "The only thing I care about is my money, either run it or I sell your shit online," Luvie pressed him, shifting her weight as she continued to hold her hand out.

     Kyro sighed and pulled out some money, beginning to count it. "Damn, I see why she ain't got a boyfriend," Bryce mugged Luvie, sizing her up. "He's just asking you a simple question, all that attitude ain't even need—"

     "Boy, please shut up. You're the last bitch that should be talkin', I can see why you don't have a girlfriend. You harass women for attention because the only attention that you ever really receive is from your mom, considering the fact that you have a face only a mother can love," Luvie snapped, rolling her neck.

     Her clap back received a few shocked expressions from students nearby, his friends mouths all falling agape. Even Kyro had stopped counting his money, gaping at Luvie with wide eyes.

      Their friends all turned their attention onto Bryce, awaiting his rebuttal. Bryce quickly stood to his feet, sporting a frown. "Bitch, who you talking to?" he spat, Kyro instantly placing a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to make him sit down.

     "Chill out," Kyro told him, passing Luvie the money in the process. Luvie took the money out of his hand, and began to count it, making sure that it was the correct, full amount.

      She pulled his laptop out and placed it on the table, before zipping up her backpack. "Thank you," she said, turning around and walking away.

     Usually Luvie wasn't a confrontational person unless someone kept harassing her. Growing up with four brothers, she was taught to never let any guy disrespect her and defend herself when she could.

     Despite the shy, reserved nature she gave off to people, Luvie wasn't one to bite her tongue whenever she felt as if someone was trying to bully or embarrass her.

     Luvie walked back over to her table, Bryce's smarts remarks could still be heard in the background. She ignored him, refusing to further give him her energy.

     She saw Brielle and Amauri now at the table with Sacha, they were watching from a distance. Equal confusion on their minds as to why Bryce seemed so hostile towards their friend.

    "What happened, girl?" Brielle asked Luvie, as she finally approached.

    "Nothing," Luvie shrugged, taking out her wallet to put her money away. The girls all exchanged glances, before directing their attention on her.

    "Okay," Amauri drawled out, gesturing her hand for Luvie to go on. "What happened when you went to Kyro's house?"

    "He was being weird, so I took his laptop home and fixed it there. His siblings weren't even there," Luvie shortly explained, putting away her wallet. 

    "Ooh, he was on that type of time forreal," Amauri snickered, nudging Brielle.

    Luvie passed her a distasteful glance, sitting her backpack in her lap. "Exactly, which means he really had different plans in mind than what he really claimed," she scrunched up her nose, dismissively waving her off.

    "Told y'all," Sacha scoffed a laugh, shaking her head in disappointment. "All he wanted to do was fuck,"

    "So nothing happened at all between y'all?" Brielle raised an eyebrow.

    Luvie stared at Brielle with a hardened expression. "No," she dryly replied.

    "Hm," Brielle scrutinized her, running her tongue over her teeth.

    Amauri stuffed her mouth with cereal, while grabbing a napkin. "Why didn't you text me back last night? I was trying to tell you what happened wit' Riek," she told Luvie.

    "I was at the skating rink,"

    "Bitch, wit' who?"

    "Tyra and Faven,"

    The three girls all looked at one another again, puzzled expressions gracing their faces. Luvie continued to nonchalantly mess around with her phone.

    "I didn't know you were friends wit' them..." Brielle trailed off, folding her arms on top of the table. "Why didn't you invite us?"

    "Umm...because they invited me," Luvie peeked up from her phone, stupidly looking at Brielle.

    "Wait, don't they hang out wit' Asanté?" Sacha questioned her. Luvie remained quiet, nodding in response. "Oh, was he there too?"

    "Yeah,"

    "Did y'all talk?"

    "What's wit' all the damn questions?" Luvie huffed, slamming her hand down on the table. "Why does it matter if we talked or not?"

    "Because if I recall correctly, you don't want to be associated wit' him in any type of way. Yet, those girls hang out wit' him, so, I'm just confused how that's gone work," Amauri rolled her neck, as both Sacha and Brielle nodded in agreement, waiting for Luvie's response.

     "They're aware of my feelings towards him, but I'm hanging out wit' them, not him or their other friends. Damn, why are y'all making it a big deal?" Luvie got up from the table, grabbing her backpack. "Actin' like I can't hang out wit' people other than y'all,"

     "Nobody said that, Sioni," Brielle rolled her eyes, waving her off. "Sit down, stop being dramatic. We're just curious as to why you're hanging out wit' them all of a sudden,"

     "Forreal, kill the attitude, baby," Amauri laughed, gesturing for Luvie to sit back down.

     "I was friends with Tyra and Faven, way before I was friends wit' y'all,"

     "So, why'd y'all stop being friends then?" Sacha nosily inquired, resting her chin on a closed fist.

     "It's not your business," Luvie placed her backpack on her shoulders, walking away from the table before they could ask anymore questions.

      Though it may have seemed as if Luvie was overreacting, she saw right through their questions and behavior. Outside of the girls, Luvie didn't hang out with anyone else. She may have had a few associates that she chatted with from time to time, but as far as hanging out with anyone outside of school, she only had the girls.

      It was the first time that Luvie was stepping outside of her friend group and hanging with different people. With Tyra and Faven, there was a sense of familiarity that comforted Luvie.

      Although she was still observing Tyra and Faven's personalities since they were now much older, they made sure that she was comfortable with them the entire time.

     It pleased Luvie that Tyra still remembered the little things about her, and respected her boundaries. Majority of the time people touched her without her permission and it irritated her.

     She valued her personal space and wished people respected it more without her having to voice her frustrations.

❦❦❦

     Later on after school, Luvie found herself waiting by the car rider drop-off. It was currently pouring down, preventing Luvie from walking home. She wanted to wait until the rain eased up, but it seemed as if it wouldn't any time soon.

     Both of her parents had texted her, asking her if she made it home. She informed them of the weather conditions, but assured them that she would find a ride.

     She didn't want either of her parents rushing to pick her up, especially with the way that Georgia drivers drove in the rain. Plus, she didn't think she had the patience to wait another forty minutes for one of them to get there.

     "Sioni!" Luvie heard Tyra's singsong voice from behind her. She pulled one of her Airpods out and turned around, seeing the girl approaching her with a smile.

     "Hey, Tyra," Luvie returned the smile, a little surprised to see her, given that she didn't usually see her around school.

      Tyra clutched her books closer to her chest as she held them in one arm, the other adjusting the strap on her shoulder. "How was your day? I swear, I don't ever see you around school. You be dodging me, girl?" Tyra narrowed her eyes at her, studying her closely.

     Luvie let out a soft giggle, shaking her head. "Of course not, the majority of my classes are AP. So, I'm pretty much on one side of the campus all day until lunch time," she explained, pausing her podcast. "My day was good, by the way. How was yours?"

     "Ooh, okay—look at you," Tyra grinned, gesturing her finger up and down towards Luvie. "And my day was okay, I'm just ready to go home and take a nap."

     Silence fell over them, the downpour of the rain violently hitting the pavement, followed by small rumbles of thunder.

      Luvie leaned against the column, mindlessly staring out at the road. Watching the cars splash up water with their tires as they passed by. Luvie enjoyed watching the rain, but only without the heavy thunder and lighting.

     As a kid, she was always afraid of thunderstorms. She'd curl up next to one of her parents or brother whenever there was a thunderstorm. If none were around to comfort her though, she'd cuddle up with her favorite blanket, and watch one of her favorite movies to occupy her mind.

    "So, um, I don't mean to be intrusive or anything but do you have a ride?" Tyra broke the silence, Luvie looked away from the street over to Tyra, shaking her head.

     "I was waiting for the rain to let up, if not, then I would've caught an Uber or something," Luvie explained, slightly waving her phone around.

     Tyra pointed to the side of her, making her look to see a car pulling up. "My sister is picking me, she can drop you off if you want," she offered, while Faven pulled up in front of them.

     The passenger window rolled down, revealing Faven in the driver's seat. "Hi, Sioni!" she exclaimed, waving at her.

    "Hey," Luvie softly laughed.

    "Fav, can we drop Luvie off on our way home?" Tyra pointed her thumb over to the girl.

    "Of course, she doesn't need to be out here anyway, it's nasty out here," Faven unlocked the doors, grabbing her purse from out of the passenger seat and placing it in her lap.

      The girls got into the car, fastening their seat belts. Tyra rolled up the window, grabbing a few napkins from the door pocket to wipe down the water on the door.

     "Hey, I gotta go pick up my phone from Santé's job, do you want to go?" Faven quickly glanced over at Tyra, before looking at the road again.

     "That's fine, I want to get some wings from over. I've been craving some garlic parmesan wings for the longest," Tyra's salivated at the thought of biting into her favorite crisp, flavorful chicken wings. "Plus I want some of their Kool-Aid too,"

     Faven moaned, her stomach grumbling at the mention of their favorite wing spot. "Ooh, wings do sound good right now," she agreed, looking in the rearview mirror at their friend who was looking out of the window. "Do you want to go wit' us, Sioni?"

     "Sure," Luvie answered, continuing to watch their surroundings.

     "I wonder if he's okay, I tried checking on him again last night after we got home but he didn't text back," Tyra said, checking her text messages.

     "Who? Asanté?" Faven questioned.

    "Yea', I really wanted to beat the fuck out of that girl. That shit be making me so mad, Asanté does not bother a soul and people just be treating him like shit because of his demon seed of a brother," Tyra ranted in frustration.

     Asanté's friends really did despise that years later, he was still receiving hate from the public. They didn't hesitate to stand up for their friend, despite being shunned by people for doing so.

     They didn't care what others thought, they all knew firsthand that Asanté was a good person. Being friends since the beginning of high school, they couldn't imagine switching up on their friend because of what his brother did.

     Even if he had known–he was a kid, and they believed that's what most people forgot whenever they brought up Dante being a serial killer.

    "Girl, same," Faven replied, approaching a four way stop. "It makes me sad, cause you can tell he be tryin' not to let that shit get to him, but there's only so much he can take. I would not be surprised if that man snaps one day,"

     "Right,"

      Luvie sat in the backseat, intently listening to their conversation. Even after Asanté told her not to feel bad, she couldn't help the intensifying guilt that was eating away at her conscience. The fact that he wasn't holding any animosity over head for how she treated him, spoke volume of what type of individual he was.

     The rest of the car ride, the girls made small conversation until they finally arrived to the plaza. Faven found a parking spot close enough, so that they wouldn't be totally soaked from the rain.

     Tyra texted Asanté to let him know that they were next door for when he clocked out. He texted back an 'okay' and that he would bring Faven's phone.

      The girls ordered their wings and picked a table in the back. Luvie had texted her parents, letting them know that she was out with friends and would be home no later than an hour. As she did that, she also saw a few text messages from the group chat she was in with Sacha and the girls.

     They asked if she was still mad, prompting her to reply that she was never mad, just annoyed that they were asking too many questions. They apologized for it, assuring her that they meant no harm by it, and were just curious.

     Luvie didn't respond afterwards, feeling as if the situation was being dragged out. She truly didn't care, she just wanted her friends to respect her boundaries. After all, they didn't tell her everything about their lives and the other friends that they had.

     There were too many instances where Luvie found out information about her friends from other people. It didn't bother her, given that it was their business to tell and if they really wanted her to know, they would simply tell her.

     "This Kool-Aid is going to be the reason why I get diabetes," Luvie scrunched up her face, pushing her cup away from her. Faven and Tyra shared a laugh, as Luvie picked up one of her buffalo wings. "Forreal, how do you drink this, Tyra?"

     "Girl, that's how she makes Kool-Aid at home, we don't drink that shit when she makes it. Bitches can taste the unmixed sugar at the bottom," Faven side-eyed Tyra, before biting into the chicken drum.

     "Hey, Tay Tay!" Tyra cooed, looking at someone behind Luvie.

     "What's up?" Luvie heard Asanté's voice from behind her, he came into view, leaning down to give both Tyra and Faven a hug. His eyes landed on Luvie, she was biting into her flat, looking down at the screen of her phone. "Hey, Sioni," he spoke to her, while also pulling out Faven's phone and placing it on the table.

     "Hi," Luvie shyly replied, keeping her attention on her phone. Asanté raised an eyebrow at her behavior but remained quiet as he then turned around and walked away to place an order for himself.

     "I do not feel like going to work tonight," Faven complained, throwing her head back. Luvie peeked up from her phone at Faven, perking up her eyebrows.

     "Where do you work?"

     "Amazon," Faven rolled her eyes, scoffing. "I'm only doing this to save up some money for when we leave in the fall, but I really do hate that fuckin' job,"

     "Do they really make you keep your phones in lockers?" Luvie lowered her eyebrows, pointing to her phone.

     "I mean, technically we're not supposed to have our phones on the floor, but I keep mine on me because I don't trust people. Plus, it's my shit, they are not about to tell me what I can and can't do wit' it," Faven said, Luvie nodding in understanding. "The pay is good though, that's the only reason why I haven't quit. Plus Mali works there too,"

    "Oh yea', speaking of jobs," Tyra covered her mouth, focusing her attention onto Luvie. "You fix computers? I remember you said that Kyro asked you to fix his laptop,"

     A few seconds later, Asanté approached the table again and sat down in the vacant chair next to Luvie. He mindlessly scrolled through his phone, letting the girls indulge in their conversation.

     "Yes ma'am, learned about them when I was twelve,"

     "That's cool, is that what you're going to be majoring in, in the fall?" Faven asked her, dipping her chicken wing into the ranch.

     "Yeah,"

     Asanté ripped his attention away from his phone, looking over at Luvie. Up close, Luvie was a very pretty girl. From her dark moss green, upturned-shaped eyes; to her complexion that was a rich, sepia brown, with warm orange-red undertones almost resembling the flower, Hazel Fay. Her straight, wide nose was complemented by two piercings on each side.

     A few of her locs fell in front of her round face, as the rest were up in a ponytail, exposing her neck that was home to a small heart, the date March 23rd, 2007 outlining the heart–the day that her uncle died.

     "Take a picture, it'll last longer," Tyra's voice pulled Asanté out of his trance. He quickly looked away from Luvie and over at Tyra, a smirk etched across her face. "Anyway though, I think that's cool, Sioni. We need more women breaking into tech–black women, at that,"

     "Right, I just don't have the patience for that though. I barely like taking apart the vacuum cleaner to clean it," Faven frowned, Luvie and Tyra bursting into laughter. "What? I'm serious,"

     "That's not even remotely close, Faven," Asanté shook his head, getting up from the table as he heard his order number called out. Faven sucked her teeth and cut her eyes at him.

     Asanté approached the counter, grabbing his food and his drink before walking back over to their table. "You should apply to GeekSquad," he suggested, sitting back down.

     Luvie slowly turned towards him, as she wiped off her hands with the napkin. "Who? Me?" she pointed to herself. He looked at her, barely nodding his head. "Oh, I-I don't know, I never had a job before,"

     "And? They're always looking for people, job experience or not–as long as you know what you're doing. Try applying," he encouraged her, opening his takeout box. He grabbed the small container of ranch and poured it over his wings. "If you have plans on getting into tech, you gotta start somewhere,"

     "Exactly," Faven agreed, grabbing her cup to drink some of her soda. "Go for it girl, Asanté can probably put in a good word for you,"

     Luvie raised her eyebrows in surprise, gazing over at Asanté again, "You work at GeekSquad?" she curiously questioned him.

     "Nah, I work with inventory and shit," he told her, licking off the ranch on his finger. Luvie eyed him for a moment, gently biting down on her lip. She caught herself and quickly looked away, but she locked eyes with Tyra.

     She grinned, causing Luvie to blush a bit, her cheeks flustered with heat.

     "Tay Tay, you need an edge up man," Tyra teased him, eyeing over his hair. He flicked his gaze upward at her, before shooting her the middle finger. "Sioni, you do your own locs?"

     "I do,"

     "Nice, maybe Asanté can go to you to retwist his locs instead of going to that girl that be charging out the ass just for some retwists." Tyra closed her takeout box, and placed it inside of the bag before tying the bag up.

     "How you gone volunteer her?" Asanté passed Tyra a funny look. "No offense to you, Sioni, but Ty, you know I don't like just anyone touching my head. I been going to Licia for years, she does a good job,"

     "It's okay, I'm not really comfortable messing wit' anyone's head other than mine," Luvie held her hands up, shaking her head. "It probably wouldn't hurt though, I could use the extra money for a car," she mumbled.

     "Speaking of cars, Sioni, I don't mind dropping you and Tyra off in the morning and then picking y'all up," Faven offered, taking the top off her cup and shaking some ice into her mouth. "If I'm unable to any days, I'll let you know in the group chat,"

     "Thanks, I appreciate it," Luvie smiled.

      "And the days that she can't, I'm most likely the one who does it," Asanté said, stuffing a fry into his mouth. "If you straight wit' that..."

     "That's fine,"

      Asanté glanced her way, gazing at her for a moment. Luvie ran her tongue over her teeth and broke the eye contact between them, looking somewhere else as she fought to keep her composure.

       Both Faven and Tyra snuck glances at each other, small smirks on their faces.

      For some reason, they felt as if this was the start of a friendship that would soon blossom between the two—however, they just didn't know it yet.

❦❦❦

🥰 ahhhh, I feel something blossoming between Asanté and Luvie!

I'm so happy that you guys are liking the story so far. This book feels like a breath of fresh air for me, like I'm starting all over again. And I'm okay with that, I want to build on this account.

I'm putting safety net back up, but only after this book is finished. You guys know I cannot juggle more than three books for shit! lmao.

but anyways,

Sacha and them?

Tyra and Faven?

that's all.

see yaaaa - Wynter 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.7K 31
When Evie Smith is told that she’ll be mentoring Sonny Flynn, she’s certain that she’s just been forced to commit social suicide. Sonny is not a β€˜bad...
767K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
15.4M 410K 97
He was completely and utterly oblivious to everything that he had caused and she absolutely hated him for that. [UNEDITED] [DUAL POV] TW: eating dis...
99.9K 3.8K 26
~c o m p l e t e d~ We were jumped. It wasn't the first time. The city was rough, and we had grown up in it. Jake and I could handle it. There was a...