The Power of a White Lotus!

Od Anit0v0

On the day of graduation, Bai Lian was killed by a truck. After his death, he transmigrated into an otome/ise... Viac

Pictures for Power of a White Lotus!
Chapter 1 - The Senior Called Bai Lian
Chapter 2 - The Truck Strikes!
Chapter 3 - On the Cloud...
Chapter 4 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria
Chapter 5 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 2)
Chapter 6 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 3)
Chapter 7 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 4)
Chapter 8- The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 5-end)
Chapter 9 - Remnant of a Soul
Chapter 10 - An Eventful Beginning (part 1)
Chapter 11 - An Eventful Beginning (part 2)
Chapter 12 - An Eventful Beginning (part 3-end)
Chapter 13 - Bai Lian's Continued Dilemma...
Chapter 15 - Finally...Some Peace
Chapter 16 - An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 17 - The Cursed Prince
Chapter 18 - His Savior
Chapter 19 - Two Shy Boys...
Chapter 20 - End of a Pleasant Dream
Chapter 21-Σ(・口・)
Chapter 22 - Misunderstanding Resolved

Chapter 14 - A Blood Test

616 35 3
Od Anit0v0

Before the sword could even put a scratch on Flynn, Duke Wisteria quickly parried it off with a quick swing of his own sword. The Master of this House is furious.

His youngest son had repeatedly gotten wounded and injured without even a second to recover. If he as a father allowed him to be harmed while in his presence, he won't be able to live up to his identity as a father figure. Clenching his fist, the duke made the most of his strong presence as he questioned:

"Squad captain, what's the meaning of this?"

Zyrius disregarded the pressure like it is air and threw the question back.

"That's what I should ask you, Duke. I could sense that this kid's core contains traces of dark element. It's common sense that this is only possible for demons, and those affiliated with them. The moment your kid fully becomes a demon is the moment where all your heads will fly off. Why don't you give me an explanation before that happens?"

"I definitely will, after you put down that sword."

The two stood off for a moment before Zyrius broke the silence first.

"There's no need for such animosity, Duke."

As the young captain said this, Bai Lian felt the chilling blade leave his neck and could finally relax his tense body. However, he knew that this was just the beginning of their confrontation and did not dare to let down his guard.

As he did so, he did not forget to squeeze a few drops of tears out of his eyes for the ?th time, the reddened edges of his clear eyes made him seem particularly innocent and pitiful.

While this image had no impact on Zyrius, Keith suddenly felt guilty despite that it wasn't him who was going to kill the boy. He stood beside Zyrius, whispering:

"Captain, I think you went too far. No matter what, you just don't go pointing swords at young children."

Zyrius ignored Keith's remark and continued his sentence:

"I simply wanted to subdue your son who could become a demon at anytime. As for any further actions..."

A pair of slitted eyes met Bai Lian's...

"Will depend on your son alone."

.

.

.

In reality, Zyrius's bloodline made him the only person in the entire human kingdom that is able to sense demons. Once he catches on to a demon's scent, he could easily subdue the suspect with his authority alone. However, even with his high accuracy in tracking down demons, there are still loopholes which many can take advantage of. Therefore, the suspects he captured will have the chance to prove their innocence by undergoing a blood test.

And this is the reason why Bai Lian is currently sitting in a dreary interrogation room with his hands and feet bound after being escorted to the Knight's Headquarters, with his all so frail body trembling against the cold metal chair below him. But no matter how many grievances he have, no one, not even the duke himself could go against the privileges Zyrius is bestowed with. Luckily, Bai Lian believes that he will get out of this unscathed. If the effects of the pill were so easily discovered, then how did the original Flynn escape all suspicions until the day he fully transformed?

Afterall, the original Flynn had to take the blood test at least every year like all other citizens. This was what limited the number of demon spies.

So when a knight reached for his hand in order to prick his finger, he fully cooperated.

Once a drop of blood fell on a parchment that the knight held below him, a complicated circular formation started to form above.

The formation which spun and shone soon emitted a blue and white glow.

This is the first time Bai Lian can calmly observe magic in person. He can't help but admit that magic in this world is truly fascinating. And based on how nobody is attacking him, he became sure of his previous assumption, therefore could finally rest assured.

Knights around Flynn started to unbound and comfort him after seeing the result. One wrapped a warm coat around the child, and another even handed Flynn a piece of candy...

Flynn obediently smiled and thanked those knights as he glanced at his father and the squad captain who came into the room.

The duke quickly rushed over and hugged his son in relief.

But Zyrius who stood in the corner of the room is still adamant. He beckoned over the knight who did the test and took the paper formation that Flynn used. He observed the formation closely, wondering if there was a wrong stroke. Once he realized that he couldn't find any faults with the formation, he slid his finger against the shard edge of his sword.

At this time, Bai Lian looked over at the teen who refused to back down.

The sight before him is that of Zyrius holding his hand over the parchment with a long trail of blood trickling down. Once the blood came in contact with the formation, a familiar magic circle formed.

Only, this magic circle shone with the the colors violet and gold...

This sight only appeared for a brief second before it is quickly destroyed. Zyrius's cold face now held another emotion: disgust.

Bai Lian suddenly found this look to be particularly familiar.

The two's eyes then met again.

Only this time, Bai Lian recalled when he had seen this expression.

It appeared back then in Flynn's memories, it was with that look that Zyrius cut off his head.

Those memories seemed to have seeped deep into Bai Lian's mind, and he shuddered uncontrollably. His cold hands instinctively moved to his neck, remembering the area the sword had touched. When he looked down at his hands, he could almost see and feel his own crimson blood covering his palm, his clothes, the ground...

"Flynn?" A voice jolted Bai Lian back to reality.

A pair of frightened eyes glanced up and met a warm gaze which brought Bai Lian back to life once more.

"Father, let's go back." A soft and frightened voice sounded.

And so the Duke and his son prepared to leave. But before the two reached the door, Zyrius spoke once more:

"Wait."

The two paused in their steps but the Duke turned around alone.

"What is it, the great captain of the 5th squad?" These words held traces of sarcasm and contempt.

"Even if your son's test had no suspicious results. There are still multiple points about this incident that still needs to be addressed. I trust you two will comply?"

"I will of course comply to whatever that is requested of the great captain. However as you can see, my son is traumatized by all these events. After being dragged and forced into a cold and dusty room when he should be recuperating, he would be in no condition to follow any reckless demands. Hence if there are any more inquiries, please direct them to me."

.

.

.

After the two left, the knights who remained in the room are subjected to the suffocating air of their captain's anger. Zyrius had stood at the door ever since the father and son pair left, rendering everyone in the room incapable of escaping...

What's more, a large crater had been punched in the metal door. All the knights believed that if they spoke up, they will end up in that same state...

So in silence, Zyrius gritted his teeth, exposing his pair of sharp canines.

He still felt extremely unresigned.

He could sense dark elements better than anyone else in this kingdom, and that boy contains traces of powerful dark element within his core. He is sure that it's there! 

However, no one will believe him with the results of the blood test.

All he can do now is to monitor each and every single one of House Wisteria's matters.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

9.7K 411 10
Discontinued. 9 chapters total.(may continue later at some point or not) After falling to his death Wei Ying wakes up, wait. Wakes up? WangXian FF We...
620K 28.9K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...
301 12 51
[I waited for you my entire life... and you were worth every minute.] Ardyn Lowell normally forgets his dreams. He's a normal young adult who has goo...