๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐–ญ๐–พ๐— ๐–ช๐—‚๐–ฝ โ˜†ยป ๐–ก๐—‹๏ฟฝ...

By marvelargent

Andrew Stone, the new kid in town. A star basketball player at his old school, will he continue that journey... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Season 2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Season 3
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 65 โš ๏ธ
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 54

1.9K 91 6
By marvelargent

"off the clock"

Andrew's POV

"Andrew," Whitey called me from his office which made me walk into the room that had a big whiteboard in the corner that had plays written in red marker.

"Yeah, Coach," I replied as I adjusted my backpack strap.

"How are you?" He asked while looking at me intently.

"I'm good, it's like the injury never happened." I smiled as I stretched, gaining one from him as well before he spoke.

"That's good son but I'm not talking about ball. I meant how have you been since your uh," He paused, trying to decide if he should bring it up.

"Mom?" I questioned which made him nod his head before I continued to speak, "Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out things without her. You know sometimes I run into these situations where I think what would my mom do? I don't know I just feel like with any decision I make I'm letting her down."

"I understand that feeling, and I wish I can tell you that it'll get better soon, but unfortunately that isn't always the case." He said making me nod at his statement. "Yet that doesn't mean it won't get better it just means takes time."

"I got it." I put on a small smile and he just looked at me for a quick second before he spoke.

"Well with that being said I got something for you." As he grabbed a Raven jersey that was laying folded on the edge of his desk and tossed it to me.

I caught it and looked down at the top which revealed my number eleven with the bold C stitched on the right corner.

"You and Nate have come a long way from your freshman year. Both of you deserve that spot."

I grinned at the jersey one last time before turning my attention back to him. "Thank you, Coach. We won't let you down."

He smiled before I turned around to exit his office "And Andrew," He called out making me look bad at him. "You could never let your mom down." I flashed one small smile before continuing to leave the room.

I hope you're right, Whitey.

~

"Are you dumb?" I question as Nathan got himself a drink from his fridge. "You asked Keller to come back? So he could make things worse or what."

"So he could help Haley with her music." He answered making me shut up. "When Brooke came over the other day she told me that Haley was having a hard time with it which made me call Chris,"

"You know she's gonna say no, right?" I said making him furrow his brows. "C'mon Nate, Hales is focused on one thing and that is getting you back. And since she doesn't know the whole deal between you and Keller, all she sees is a way to worsen her relationship." I explain making him tilt his head with a slight nod.

"Yeah well, we'll see. He's going to meet me at the river court. Wanna join?" He offered as he picked his basketball up.

"Can't, I have work," I informed as I stood up from my seat before we walked to leave Nathan's house.

"Which I still can't believe you have one."

"Hey at least I'm doing good with my job, all I have to do is greet them, take their order, be nice then take their money," I replied gaining a small laugh from Nate. I was about to dismiss myself when I realize that I would have to walk back to my house which was a long one. "Can I have a ride?"

~~

After a few hours of greeting people, introducing myself, taking orders, and repeating the same cycle over again. It was almost time for me to clock out which I'm happy about. Not because I'm in a rush or I have something to do, just because I'm tired as hell.

I walked up to my final table of the night as I focused on the tiny notepad in my hand so I could take the orders. Not looking up from it, I decided to start introducing myself. "Hello, my name is Andrew and I'll be your waiter tonight."

"Hey, there Andrew." A voice greeted which made me look up to see a familiar redhead that I just can't escape.

Not that I want to.

"You know I'm starting to think that you're becoming my own personal stalker." I teased which earned a smirk from her before she started to speak.

"Don't flatter yourself." I just smiled at her response before acknowledging that she was sitting alone in a booth.

"Are you eating by yourself?"

I saw her glance at the opposite side of the table then she replied, "Actually, I'm on a date."

I raised my brows at her answer, "A date?" I repeated which gained a hum from Rachel as a reply. "So the guy just missed the memo or..." I dragged to see if she would finish.

"He's coming soon," I nodded slowly until she continued, "But till then you can keep me company." She smirked as her brown eyes peered at me.

"That would be nice but unfortunately I have another table to get to so if you don't know your drink or order, I'll just be on my way." I smiled and was about to turn around until she called out making me shut my eyes momentarily before turning back.

"I'll take a sweet tea for my drink," I jotted it down then continued my way to the other table I was responsible for, to see that they were barely leaving. I picked up the five-dollar tip that was left on the table and made my way to get the drink for the girl.

"Hey, Andrew!" One of my coworkers called which gained my attention, "You're shift is done."

"I still have a table left,"

"I'll get someone to take it. You can just go ahead and clock out."

I did as I was told but still had the drink in hand to deliver to Rachel. "Here you go." I placed it down on the table to still see her sitting alone. "Still no date huh?"

"Nope." She responds before looking at me like she's plotting something. "Also I know what to order." She smiles once again.

"Actually I just got off the clock."

"Oh, that means you can join me now," She smirks as she stares at me for my answer.

"Uhm- yeah okay." I shrugged as I took the seat across from her as she kept her eyes on me.

"Are you going to get something?" She asked randomly while she grabbed the menu that was placed in front of her.

"I think if I did that your date will get the wrong idea," I said before remarking. "If he shows."

"He already did." She replied, not bothering to look up from the menu in her hands.

A confused expression came over my face as I glanced around to see if anyone was walking to us but there was no one.

"Sorry to break it to you but I don't see anyone coming over."

"You're dense huh?"

Dense?

"Uh, what do you mean?" I tilted my head, confused about why she said that as I leaned a bit forward toward the tale.

She rolled her eyes before speaking, "No one is coming." I nodded my head slowly taking in the information. "It's you, Andrew, you're my date."

Me?

My mouth opens to respond but no words or even syllables come out. I'm just shocked. She really is determined. A giggle came from the girl in front of me, guess she's enjoying my state right now.

After maybe a minute or two of me being speechless, I eventually got my mind back to respond. "Look, Rachel-"

"I know," She interrupted, "You're not ready for a relationship." I agreed with her words. I mean she's pretty and easy to talk to but I think it's for the best if we don't jump into a relationship. "Relax okay, this is just a friend date."

"A friend date?" I repeated which gained hum from her. She had a smile on her lips which made mine break into one too. "Alright," I confirmed which earned an even wider grin than before from her. "So you're paying, right?"

"Nice of you to think I'm that generous." She commented with a chuckle.

"It's the least you could do, I mean for the late notice." I joked which earned a laugh from her.

That night we talked like time didn't even exist. Honestly, it was the first time since everything that I felt fine. It felt like I didn't have to put on an act because it was genuine. I didn't have a worry in mind and it was thanks to a cheeky redhead.

Not Edited

Thank you to everyone who has continued to read this story no matter how long it takes for me to publish another chapter. Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed it and see you next time!

💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 136 14
Aiden Jay Johnson comes back from physical therapy after his acl torn, where he used that advantage to then t become a sports agents alongside his be...
96.1K 2.5K 129
Tree Hill, North Carolina Home of the Ravens, Thomas had always been good at basketball but when Coach Whitey opened a position up for him on the te...
991K 17.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.6K 63 5
The Walter's get a fifteen year old girl named Jackie into their home, after Jackie loses her family in accident, she comes and lives with them, eve...