Slow and Speedy Win the Fight

By JJJ000YYY

Haresa Saenin is no stranger to villain antics. They've been doing hero work since the age of five after all... More

Foreword
1. The Starting Line
2. Slow Beginnings
3. The Last Encounter
4. The Last Straw
5. Class Time
6. Home Time
7. Shoutout
8. Shouting
9. The Spotlight
10. The Searchlight
11. Twenty Minutes
12. Twenty People
13. An Attack
14. A Defense
15. Investigation
16. Instigation
17. Question
18. Answer
19. Get Together
20. Leave Separated
21. Cold
22. Hot
23. Power Centre
24. Food Centre
25. Meeting
26. Visit
27. Racket
29. Assignment
30. Asinine
31. Bubble Tea
32. In a Bubble
33. Old Flame
34. Old News
35. Messages
36. Letters
37. Shoe Store
38. Xu's Store
39. Store Visit
40. Home Visit
41. Hide
42. Seek
43. Present
44. Not So Present
45. Debut
46. Perform
47. Launch
48. Land
49. Run Away
50. Run Ahead
51. Owe
52. Settle
53. Limo
54. Limbo
55. Offer
56. Reject
57. Break In
58. Break Out
59. Morning
60. Evening
61. Perform
62. Act
63. Ignite
64. Extinguish
65. Responsible
66. Irresponsible
67. Different
68. Same
69. Chaperone
70. Independent
71. Teamwork
72. Revelations
73. Genesis
74. Escape
75. Forms
76. President
77. Papers
78. Homeschooled
79. Self-Taught
80. Creation
81. Pronouns
82. No Nouns
83. Costume
84. Mask
85. Passage
86. Blockade
87. Water
88. Fire
89. Origins
90. Throwback
91. Ballgame
92. Homerun
93. Silence
94. Loud
95. Dance On
96. Dance Off
97. Are You Feeling Better?
98. What's Okay?

28. Ball

10 2 2
By JJJ000YYY

Sheldon

"I can't believe he broke up with you like that."

I was laying down on the couch at this point, tossing a plush ball into the air. Rudra would catch it in the air every so often only to toss it back to me.

"Yeah, well. I didn't expect him to prioritize work over me," I sighed. "Why did your last boyfriend break up with you?"

"He got pissed that I didn't reply to his calls when I told him I was going to be away for the whole day at a family thing."

"Seriously? It sounds like you dodged a bullet there."

He gave a half-hearted laugh. "He was my first boyfriend, so it still really stung."

"I bet." I tossed the plush ball to him.

He caught the ball with one hand and squeezed it. "How did you meet your ex anyways?"

"It's a bit complicated."

"Oh? Does it go into your villain origin story?"

I snorted. "That's a completely different story."

"Then?"

I sighed and got up into a sitting position. Rudra hopped over the couch and sat next to me. When was the last time I ever talked to someone like this?

"So, I was homeless for a long time. Scrounging up food from dumpsters, stealing anything that didn't have an owner, you know. Minor villain acts." I waved my hand dismissively. "It fucking sucked."

"Holy crap, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I got an apartment now. It's not a big deal." My eyes drifted away from him, not willing to make eye contact as I spoke. "So, I was homeless for a couple of years and I really thought that was going to be my life forever. That was when Reynard appeared."

"Like a knight in shining armour?"

"Or a fox with a mischievous smile if I look back on it now," I grunted.

"Ugh, I hate men. Why do I have to be attracted to them?" Rudra dramatically threw the ball over his shoulder before hoping on the couch.

I quickly sat up and moved my legs before he could sit on me. He landed with a soft thump and settled on the couch comfortably.

"Same." A laughed escaped me and his eyes met mine for a moment.

His breath seemed caught in his throat and I couldn't help but notice how close he was in that moment.

There was a jangle at the door and I froze. Someone was coming.

The voices got louder as there was a lot of laughter and chatter as someone seemed to fumble at the door.

I stood up immediately and analyzed the room, I could jump out the window and escape—

"Sheldon, are you alright?" Rudra had his hands up defensively and had a raised eyebrow.

"Someone's at the door—"

"Yeah, it's just my family." Rudra gently put his hand on my arm. What was I? A wild animal? "They won't freak out about me having a friend over. They've met Haresa enough times."

"I should be leaving anyways." I picked up my bag from the ground and started making my way into his hallway.

"Where are you going? There isn't an exit there."

"I can find my way out. Thanks for the ice cream but I gotta go."

"Sheldon—"

I fumbled with my watch as I speed walked away.

I got too comfortable back there. I should be careful and not let it happen again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.5K 30
Skylar Lin agrees to fake date Kaden Brooks for a deal of a lifetime. Kaden needs to get his ex-girlfriend off his back, and when Skylar pops into li...
37.4K 2.3K 21
[@WATTPAD READING LIST - AMPLIFYING ASIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER VOICES - MAY 2021] [@WATTPADASIANFICTION READING LIST - FROM ME TO YOU - FEBRUARY 2023]...
20.7K 1.1K 30
'Everyone warned me to stay away from him, but I was naive to give him a chance and they were right... HE IS A WALKING RED FLAG!! ' . . This is a sto...
1.1K 129 25
This is a BxB book. Started- 17 Mar 2024, Sunday When two men who happens to be the two heartthrobes of the high school and who are totally opposite...