Goal: A Normal Life

Av IvoryValentia

"What are you doing in my room?" I grimaced, my face scrunched up in a frown as I smell the strong pungent sc... Mer

Before you read
Prologue
Characters pt 1
Characters Pt 2
COMING SOON
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Heinrich Character Profile
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eighty-seven
Eighty-eight
Eighty-nine
Ninety
Ninety-one
Ninety-two
Ninety-three
Ninety-four
Their Aesthetic
Ninety-five
Ninety-six
Ninety-seven
Ninety-eight
Ninety-nine
One Hundred
One Hundred One
One Hundred Two
One Hundred Three
One Hundred Four
One Hundred Five
One Hundred Six
One Hundred Seven
One Hundred Eight
One Hundred Nine
One Hundred Ten
One Hundred Eleven
One Hundred Twelve
One Hundred Thirteen
One Hundred Fourteen
One Hundred Fifteen
One Hundred Sixteen
One Hundred Seventeen
One Hundred Eighteen
One Hundred Nineteen
One Hundred Twenty
One Hundred Twenty-one
One Hundred Twenty-two
One Hundred Twenty-three
One Hundred Twenty-four
One Hundred Twenty-five
Its My Birthday!

Seventy-two

3.3K 251 18
Av IvoryValentia

Be it in my world, or this one. 

I despise school.

Though I do know why I have to go through this procedure of going through studying all over again since I am no longer in my body, it is still a bother.

I studied all of these lessons at the young age of 9 and even did somewhat similar works. It's just that the ones I did before were much more complex as the questions and tasks were also more difficult.

Not wanting to go through pointless breaks, I decided to take all of my tests for the day in one go. That is why I was able to go back home to my unit within an hour.

The only reason it took that long was that we had to use the computer and it took long to even switch on.

"If you need me, Miss. Please call me. I will be staying in the lobby." Charles said before driving off to park the car.

If I was allowed to finish all my tests today, I would have done that.

When I got inside the unit, unsurprisingly, I was alone again.

Claude kept on arriving late in the night, around two in the morning. I would have asked him as to why on earth would he be coming home so late but I figured he would be tired as he does get up at four in the morning.

It was always the same pheromones that were lingering on him whenever he steps in, for some reason, it has been bothering me.

I decided to sit on the balcony to relax.

..There was something else bothering me.

I've been having dreams. 

It was me, Everline, in my original body, the same voice, the same face, but different personalities.

I was screaming at Farris while he hugged me, which would never happen and has never happened but then what caught my interest was, the way she acted, there was no way that was me.

I was referring to myself in the third person. That's why it made me think...was she the real Valentina? was I dreaming about her in my body?? but why?

*sigh* What a headache, 

...Hm? Is that Caius?

Why is he running? Raven?? What the heck?

Shit. I have forgotten that the problematic part of the plot starts after Valentina turns 18.

The start should be..Demetrius? Ah, that was why he hasn't been home lately. His ex-girlfriend was kidnapped and he found some clues that could lead to the suspect.

..I know who he is though, it was Heinrich and Vincenzo's uncle. It was why all of it was connected. I still curse the fact that I have forgotten that fucker's name. I wonder if I should ask? no..they might suspect something if I do.

Next was Raven, there was a woman who had supposedly been impregnated by him. It was pure bullshit as it was her stepbrother who was the one who got her pregnant.

The next, I'm not quite sure in what order it went but, Vincenzo will have some problems with his mafia. In the book, it was Heinrich who attacked him but now that they aren't at odds with each other, I'm not sure what will happen.

Slade also had something going on but this time it was in the matter of his company. As usual, Sebastian's problem would be regarding Rosia and lastly, Claude..it should be because of Valentina but I for sure won't be throwing a goddamn tantrum and being a total bitch ass and forcing him to do something he doesn't like so that also deviated from the plot.

I..never realized how much I fucked up the book. Tweaking a single part will mess up the whole course of the storyline. I can't even call it storyline anymore since it certainly isn't a story anymore. They have lives, they have emotions, and they are humans who are very much alive just like me. I can't disregard their life just for my benefit.

I know that better than anyone else as I was supposed to be..someone with a lot of responsibility in their hands.

I closed my book and checked the elevator light, it indicated that the lift stopped at Caius' unit. It immediately went down and I'm assuming it is Raven who is coming up next.

What do I do?? ..Should I interfere? 

..

*inhale*

*exhale* 

This isn't like me..I'll plan this out.

..

In the end, I chose to let the correct course of things proceed through how it was supposed to go. Valentina never interfered with Caius' and the guys' drama, and I'll follow it, for their benefit. 

A week has passed, and though I am keeping in contact with all of them, they could only reply to me once. I haven't seen them at all for roughly almost two weeks now aside from casual glances I get..and of course, other ways.

Caius has been beyond upset, I've seen him cry now and then. I have consulted my doctor about my problem with how my heart would clench in the most uncomfortable way, I even had tests done but nothing showed up. He asked me to get a second opinion from another doctor, so I did. I have scheduled to meet with her next week. She has a full schedule for the whole month but made space to have a consultation with me. 

My finals have passed by quite easily as I have expected. Annie and Pierre are nearing the stage where they might just ask the other person out, Quinn and Charles are also doing well.

And I..am bored. I'm enjoying the fact that I am bored as I knew, things were going to be more complicated in a few weeks. 

Nothing that I can't handle, of course.

. . .

"Where do you want to go, Miss?" Charles asked me with a smile.

"..At Sunny day cafe," I said.

"That's new, I have never heard of that cafe before." Charles chuckled as he inputted the name to find the location where it was.

"Me too." 

He looked at me confused but I just motioned for him to just go on. He eventually found it and drove to the location of the cafe. 

"Are you trying a different style of food? You aren't quite fond of the menu and it has mostly non-decaffeinated coffee and beverages in here." Charles questioned.

"I know that, I'm not planning on buying anything."

"Then why?"

"I might not like coffee, but Valentina did."

"...What?" 

"Nothing, I said that I'll be buying a cake." 

I then walked in without listening to his reply. He won't get it either way, even if I explain it to him. I checked the time and I should have about twenty more minutes.

I waited in line and bought a lemon iced tea, caramel macchiato, and a strawberry shortcake. That in total took seven minutes, I then found a seat and drank all the lemon iced tea first.

*ring ring*

"Sorry miss, I need to pick this up." He excused himself and stood not too far from me.

"..There is a problem in the company, there will be a substitute in five minutes. It would be Sir Bobby, would that be fine? " He asked me.

"It's fine, just don't worry about it." I shrugged. 

I knew about it would happen anyway.

Exactly five minutes later, Sir Bobby did in fact replace Charles. 

He was also the one who replaced Claude for the past three weeks. Less than a few days after my birthday, Claude couldn't be my bodyguard for reasons I didn't pry on knowing. But what I do know is that he is in Paris. He contacts me every night to ask how was my day and if I needed anything.

Hm..If I think about it, my real birthday is pretty near.

I ate my cake leisurely and watched how time passed, when roughly four minutes were left, I knew I should go to my position.

"I need to use the restroom," I said.

He stood outside of the women's restroom while I walked in. I could see in my peripheral vision that there was someone else behind us, a woman. She also went into the women's room.

The woman stood in front of the mirror while I was now inside the cubicle. I then heard the cubicle door beside me open and her going out. Now it was only me and this other woman.

Five.

*footsteps*

Four.

*sink sounds*

Three.

*kerchunk* 

'''SFX: door locking'''

Two.

*click*

One.

Smoke started filling up the room but no worries, it wasn't smoke from a fire. It was an IKG 12, a knock-out gas made in the year 2212 of this world. 

Normally, one should be scared that this is happening to them but in my case,

I already saw it coming, and this poor woman..or should I say man will have a great time with me once he finds out that, for some odd reason, this body has an immunity to sleeping gas just like how I was in my body.

To be Continued. . . 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

3.2K 74 12
Sold by my father to a group of strange men, I vow to never trust another male again. When my buyers turn out to be scientists who plan to experimen...
78.6K 5K 21
The anger on his face.. I'm seeing it for the first time.. He came to me taking big steps.. "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮!" he said clenching his jaws.. I...
1.2K 27 10
Finally taken from the depths of hell, all I want is freedom. Instead, fate demands I accept a new master. A relentless alien alpha with orange scale...
24.3K 942 33
Warning: future chapters will contain adult content. Keith is a successful businessman. He has accumulated great wealth and attracts many potential p...