ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- s y n o p s i s -
- a e s t h e t i c s -
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2 -
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 2 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -

- 4 -

3.7K 110 10
By Aura_Swan

- I S A B E L L E - R O S E - E D W A R D -

Arthur had to practically drag me to his office and made me sit on the sofa and sat beside me quietly.

"Is everything okay, sweetheart? You look tense. Did that man do something to you?" Arthur asked me, concern visible in his tone and on his face.

"No, everything's fine. I'm sorry for reacting like that he just— Was that someone important?" I asked but he shrugged.

"Don't worry about it." I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Is he going to be in the meeting today?" I asked when he nodded, making me groan in frustration.

Arthur looked confused at my reaction so I told him the whole story, from the incident at the café to now, watching his expressions change drastically, making me chuckle at him.

"Is it something I'll regret later?" I asked him carefully, fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"We'll sort it out, hopefully. But you were awesome, Bells, you should get mad more often." He exclaimed when I laughed and shook my head, smacking his arm.

"It was just pent up frustration and anger, I guess." I shrugged and saw him nod before he looked at his watch and got up.

"Anyway, we should really go now. Lance will be waiting for us and I don't think he's going to start the meeting until we both are present." Arthur said and I nodded, getting up with him and fixing my clothes before following him out.

Employees all straightened up when we passed them and no one dared to look us in the eye as Arthur walked straight ahead with an expressionless face, much like mine.

Upon reaching I took a deep breath as Arthur opened the boardroom doors with me right behind him and it took a lot of effort to not run out because the moment I entered, each pair of eyes turned to look at me, including the ones I'd just insulted.

I made my way to the front of the boardroom where everyone had gathered, people stretching out their hands one by one for Arthur and I to shake as they introduced themselves.

As I reached closer to Lance, he looked at me intently before nodding and I took that as a sign to come forward and shake hands with the three people standing beside him and Tristan who seemed like the Thorne family.

As soon as I reached them, Tristan smiled at m and squeezed my hand which helped me relax, although I felt the atmosphere shift as I saw an unreadable emotion pass through the man's face in front of us.

I took this moment to scan him, watching as he talked to Lance with an impeccable manner, all the right pauses and with a very deep voice I found mesmerising.

I could not lie and say that he wasn't handsome, because he was. His sharp jawline was dusted with a light stubble, his dark brown hair was slicked back to perfection and the midnight blue eyes that looked nearly black stood out amongst all.

He stood gracefully with a hand in his pant pocket, his full lips moving as he talked to Lance and Tristan. I snapped out of my daze when the girl with them came forward with a warm smile.

"Aveline Thorne, it's so nice to meet you." She spoke with a smile as I shook her hand before moving towards the younger man who grinned subtly.

"Aidan Thorne, a pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman in such a dull meeting." I smiled in the slightest, noticing my brother's glares directed towards the poor guy who looked to be around my age.

Lastly, the man in front of me took out his hand from his pocket and held it out to me, which I took rather hesitantly.

I saw him regard me curiously when he looked into my eyes like he did in the morning, standing there for a few seconds with my hand in his, until Lance cleared his throat and the man looked to be startled for a moment before speaking as if he was gathering his wits.

"Adam Thorne, and you are?" His deep, velvety voice made me hold back a gulp before I registered his words in my mind, my blood running cold.

And that was when it felt like the world had slipped from beneath my feet, literally.

Adam fucking Thorne? This was him? The man my brother was trying to strike a deal with?

We're fucked.

"Isabelle Edward Sinclair," I said much firmly than I thought I could, "Designer and heiress to Edward Sinclair".

Everyone looked up to me when I said my name and I regretted it immediately.

Should've just remained MIA.

Arthur cleared his throat, "Mr. Thorne, Isabelle is our youngest sister."

"Interesting," Adam spoke as if thinking about something thoughtfully, "A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Edward."

I nodded curtly before he left my hand, releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding as I moved to where I was sitting beside the head chair with Lance.

Soon the presentations started and all eyes were on the screen except one— Adam Thorne. I tried to steal a glance towards him to see if he was still staring at me, and yes, he was.

What is his problem?

And when he caught me looking, he narrowed his eyes at me so I glared at him in return but he still didn't look away. I caught Lance looking in Thorne's direction to see him staring at me and he cleared his throat to grab his attention.

Did I mention my brothers were really overprotective of me? Especially Lance. If he saw any man within a ten-mile radius of me, he would glare daggers at them and they wouldn't even think of me ever again, ever.

Anyhow, I took as many notes as I could although I did feel uncomfortable under Thorne's gaze, I didn't let it show on my face.

This was what I was good at and no one could guess what was going on in my mind or read my expressions unless I told them.

After the presentation, everybody discussed the project details while I sat listening to them intently, although aware of the gaze still on me every now and then I didn't dare expose my emotions.

After the discussion was finished, everyone in the room turned to take a look at me, waiting for me to talk when I sat up straight and realised I had very well zoned out. I looked at Arthur who simply nodded in understanding as I turned to the Thorne family.

"We'll discuss the rest and we'll let you know as soon as possible. Thank you for your time." I looked at the pair of deep blue eyes looking back at me intensely and stood up, never breaking eye contact.

"I hope I didn't waste much of your time, Mr. Thorne, you looked as if you would miss a very important meeting." I spoke with a knowing smirk, watching his eyes glint with something dangerous as we shook hands.

"I did." He spoke with a clenched jaw, making my smirk widen as I shook his hand before watching him leaving the boardroom followed by his younger siblings who shook hands with us as well.

A while after the meeting, I sat with my brothers in their office discussing the contract and its terms when Tristan suddenly spoke up.

"He's hooked, isn't he?" He chuckled and fist pumped Arthur while I looked at Lance in confusion who just smiled slyly and shrugged.

"So what now?" I asked

"Now, we sign the deal. We already have, but it's time you did too, Ms. Edward Sinclair." Lance smirked at me and I took the pen from his hand to sign the papers and set them aside.

"Don't worry, this is just the beginning." He reassured my brothers and me, all of us grinning to ourselves.

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

909K 27K 30
Adeline Ember Jules- A 25 year old woman who has just finished university for design and business. Waiting for a full time job she currently work...
1.4M 43.5K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
23.5K 572 28
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
39.5M 1.2M 47
Caroline Marshall, a sweet and cute girl, who hates rich guys since her father threw her mother away to marry another woman for money. Living with...