7. Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V A New Story...

By HungjuiChiu

After Yuzu is taken by Yugo to the Synchro Dimension, the Lancers arrive and they're going to face a lot of c... More

Chapter 1 The Synchro Dimension - "City"
Chapter 2 Mermaids and Dragons
Chapter 3 Synchro Sector
Chapter 4 Super Duelists
Chapter 5 Dark Synchro
Chapter 6 Visit to Security
Chapter 7 Dueling's Most Wanted
Chapter 8 No Cards, No Pardon
Chapter 9 The Man who Threw Away his Draws
Chapter 10 Plans and Surprises
Chapter 11 Siblings vs. Siblings
Chapter 12 The Great Escape
Chapter 13 Duel King - Jack Atlas
Chapter 14 The Light and Darkness of the City
Chapter 15 The Black Rose Witch
Chapter 16 Ghost Force vs. Infernity
Chapter 18 Duel Consequences
Chapter 19 Slaying the Dragon! Yugo vs Sawatari
Chapter 20 Earthbound Pendulum God Ccapac Apu
Chapter 21 Revival of Burno
Chapter 22 Mask of a Clown
Chapter 23 King's Gambit
Chapter 24 The Beauty of Destruction
Chapter 25 Storm of Revolution
Chapter 26 Tech Genius Save
Chapter 27 Our Respective Battlefields
Chapter 28 A Matter of Trust
Chapter 29 Hatred Caused by Sorrow
Chapter 30 A Battle of Trust
Chapter 31 Vivian vs. Reisho
Chapter 32 Roget's Request
Chapter 33 Determination Duel
Chapter 34 A Plan and a Promise
Chapter 35 Unyielding Resolve
Chapter 36 The Memories of the Beast
Chapter 37 Academia Attacks
Chapter 38 The True Beginning
Chapter 39 Mark of the Monkey
Chapter 40 Flower Vs. Dragons
Chapter 41 Companion's Feelings
Chapter 42 Truth and Consequences
Chapter 43 Sibling Battle: Manibus
Chapter 44 The Sinister Bell's Chime
Chapter 45 Resentment of Tops
Chapter 46 A Mother and Daughter Duel
Chapter 47 Signs of Doom Part 1
Chapter 48 Signs of Doom Part 2
Chapter 49 Academia Conclusion
Chapter 50 Road Rage
Chapter 51 Friendship Finale Part 1
Chapter 52 Friendship Finale Part 2
Chapter 53 A Vicious Cycle

Chapter 17 An Out-Of-Reach Shout

113 3 0
By HungjuiChiu

"Battle! Bolt Jockey! Finish him off!" Ron yells as he defeats an unnamed D-Wheel duelist. Melissa says, "The winner of the seventh match today is Ron! Using the Xyz Summon, he manages to defeat his opponent!"

Everyone cheers for him as Jean says, "Well done, Brother."

"He is good. As expected from someone from the Xyz Dimension." Dennis says.

"Now let's keep this up as we move on to the next match!" Melissa says.

"Alright, come on!" Sawatari says.

"It should've been me right now." Yugo says.

"The last match on the first day of the Friendship Cup is Serena versus Tony!"

"Serena?" Yuya says.

"Serena..." Yuzu mutters. "She is also here, too..."

"Well, we can see how well she duels here." Ray says.

"It's not me again?" Sawatari mutters.

"So I'm not making my debut today?" Dennis says.

"In that case, I'll just keep sleeping on this wonderfully soft bed." Risu says while lying on the bed.

"I got all pumped up for nothing." Yugo mutters while closing his eyes.

"Alright, it's up to you, Tony!" Shinji cheers. "Fire up the Commons and rally them together!"

In the Security Bureau, Roget is watching Serena get to the duel field, he says, "You're asking why you're not fighting that girl? That's for later. If she meets my expectations as a duelist, she will continue to win without difficulty. She just might make it to the final match too. She'll definitely be popular too. And then you'll crush her.

After seeing Jack, Reisho, Yuya, and Yuni's photos, he says, "Defeating the four strongest and most popular duelists in the tournament will shock the City. That is your duty. I'm counting on you, Sergey."

Yuya and the others are watching through the same room, Yuni says, "If Serena loses, she'll be sent underground too..."

"But knowing her, it will be hard for her to lose right now." Sona says to her.

"But still, we have a total of 6 remaining in the tournament, with two-loss..." Katrina says.

Then they see how Serena Fusion Summoned, Panther Dancer, and Melissa says, "Serena and Yuzu...they kinda look alike, don't they? Are they sisters or something?"

"Sisters? I see." Roget says.

"They aren't siblings, though. They were just one being in the past." Yuya says.

After a while, Serena manages to beat Tony in the end. Melissa cheers, "The winner is Serena! After Sakaki Yuni, Vivian and Yuzu, our female duelists win consecutively! How's this? You looking at this, boys?! From now on, dueling belongs to the era of girls!"

"It's not about being male or female. What matters is the kind of education you receive as a duelist. Her education must have been top-tier, she will not disappoint us." Roget says.

"And that wraps up the agenda for the first day of the Friendship Cup tournament!" Melissa says.

Yuya says, "As expected from Serena."

Yuri says, "I won't doubt Serena's strength, since she is only one and Sona that can on par on me."

"Aren't you getting too full of yourself?" Zarc asks.

"Whatever." Yuri replies.

"Everyone, did you enjoy yourselves?" Melissa asks as the audience cheers. "That's great, so before we finish up, let's give it up for our catchphrase one more time, shall we? The city is one!" Melissa says as she realized the crowd is leaving.

"The exit is this way, please do not push, please do not push." some people say. "Hey! We're all friends, right? Do it with me properly before we all leave! geez..." Melissa says as Yuya turns off the TV.

"Well, we should meet up with Reiji." Yuni says.

"Are you sure you can go? Your injuries are still here." Katrina asks.

"No problem. Besides, Aki won't be awake for another time." Yuni says as they head out to the building.

"Six wins and two loses on the first day." Gael says.

"In the end, you did salvage your reputation." Gray says.

"Even still, they sure know how to entertain the crowd." Azul says.

"We can expect more duels tomorrow. Right? Chairman?" Bordeaux asks.

"Who knows? We'll just want to wait and see if folds for tomorrow." White Taki replies.

Reiji says, "I apologize. We'll take our leave."

Before Reiji, Reisho and Reira are leaving, they see the guards coming to them.

"Please wait. Since we watched the first day's matches together, shall we take the chance to dine together and share our opinions as well? We have actually invited a special guest, and he also wants to meet the Sakaki Siblings as well." White Taki says.

"May I ask who it is?" Reisho asks while raising his eyebrow.

"He's known as the best duelist." Bordeaux says.

"An opponent the Lacers were powerless against." Grey says.

"Our City's pride." Azul says.

"The Duel King." Gael says.

"Yes, it's him." White Taki says.

As the door opens, Jack Atlas is walking out of the door. Reira mutters, "Jack...Atlas..."

"I, Sawatari Shingo, am the ace at LDS and a top duelist leading the Lancers! Why can't I star on the first day of an important tournament? How is something this ridiculous okay!? No, it's not okay. That's obvious. I'll have all the tournament staff fired with Papa's influence! I'll have them all fired!" Shingo yells. But then, he turns around and sees that his door is opened and food is pushed in the door.

"Well, I'll forgive them for today in light of this meal." Shingo says, he then wipes the drool from his mouth. "But I'm definitely getting out there tomorrow! I'll show you what I've got!"

Yugo eats the food and says, "This is good! It's my first time eating such delicious meat! Applying to the Friendship Cup was a great decision. Yuzu should be thanking me too." Then he stops, "But didn't they join the tournament to draw attention to the dimensional war? Especially Yuzu, she didn't say a thing about that in her duel... Goin on about Hot Blood or Shivers! Well, whatever, I'll slam my opponent hard tomorrow."

At the same time, Vivian is also eating, she says, "I wonder what will happen tomorrow when Brother and Sister Katrina duel...Sister Yuni has been quite injured today..."

Yuzu says, "I gave it my all in that duel. But I don't know if my message reached Yuya or Yuni..." She looks at her bracelet.

"It'd be great if we could meet and talk to each other..." Yuzu says.

As Reiji and the others are sitting at the front of the table, Ruka and Rua are also there since Ruka is a Signer.

"So King, how do you think of today's duel?" Gael asks.

"Hmm...all the participants today were quite good." He turns to Yuni. "And I am surprised that you will go this far to protect a person."

Yuni says, "She has already suffered much, she doesn't deserve this."

"Indeed, you manage to yell at the crowd to stop booing the Black Rose Witch...No one in the City would ever do that. Considering who she is and how she implants fear in others' minds." Rua says.

"As for your friend, Hiiragi Yuzu, her skills notwithstanding, she showed a desire to convey a message." Jack says.

"She conveyed a message indeed." Azul says.

"Enjoy Choujiro responded well to that too." White Taki says. "The two of that had quite an impressive duel!"

"He's one of Chairman's favorites." Grey says.

"It's a pity he lost." Azul adds.

"After this, he won't be showing up again..." Bordeaux says while noticing his words, "Please forgive me."

Yuya notices Reira isn't eating, and he asks, "Reira, what's wrong?"

Reira just shakes her head, signaling him not to worry.

"That child was also on the list." Jack asks.

"We apologize. Because of the circumstances, I had someone else take his place." Reisho says.

"That ninja called Tsukikage." White Taki says. "It seems that you had a purpose for that."

Reira hugs her teddy bear tighter and she mutters, "Tsu...Tsukikage..."

"I wanted to see this child's dueling." Jack says as Reira looks at him in shock.

"Reira's dueling? Why is that?" Katrina asks.

"I had those eyes once too." Jack says. "Back then, I was always afraid and lived with my nerves stretched tautly. That was when I was about this child's age."

"I see. Sorry, but I heard that the King is from the Commons." Reiji says.

"There's nothing you have to be sorry for." Jack says. "Born as a Commons, and having lived at the very bottom, I set my mind on climbing up and aiming for the summit. The Commons are my pride, and where my origins lie. Could this child have grown up in a similar environment?"

Yuya says, "As expected of the King. I can only say that you have keen sight."

"Is that true? Isn't that child your younger sister...?" White Taki asks.

"Reira was adopted." Yuni says simply. "Excuse my boldness, but I'd like to ask how the King set out his path to becoming a Duelist. Reira will benefit from knowing as well."

Yuya knows what Yuni is thinking about, and Jack just sips a cup of coffee before replying, "It all started with one card."

"A Card..." Reisho mutters.

"The card fell from the Tops cities above. Did someone drop it by accident? Or was it tossed aside because it was no longer wanted? I suspected the latter. No matter how you looked at it, it didn't seem like anything important. But the moment I saw it, I felt like I'd been struck by a revelation. And so I thought this. I must return this card to the world above the sky. With my own hands. I had to get stronger to do that. As a person, and as a duelist, I had to be stronger than anyone."

Yuya then remembers how Sam told them that Jack is a traitor and how he gave him the weak card, but now, he understands why he did it. With this card, he joins Team Satisfaction and eventually reaches the Top of the world.

"I heard that you all came from a foreign land. I won't ask why you've sent your comrades to participate in the Friendship Cup." Jack turns to Reira, "However, if you want to accomplish something..." Jack then closes his eyes and then opens them wide.

"Do not falter!" He says, causing the people there to be shocked.

"You're called Reira, right? I look forward to the day you set your mind on something and show us your bravery in dueling." Jack says.

"We're honored. Reira must also be proud to be held in such high regard by the duel king, Jack Atlas." Reiji says as he looks at Reira, who looks back at his food.

"Now that is over..." Grey says. "Let's talk about the ones you called Dark Signers."

Azul says, "You say that they appeared in the City, what do you know about them?"

Yuni says, "The Dark Signers served as gatekeepers to the door to the Netherworld. Each one has born a dark mark onto their arms."

Reisho shows the hologram about the Nazca Lines. "They were dead people, but they were chosen by the Earthbound Gods to revive into our world, their goal is to switch the hell and the world we know."

Yuya says, "Every 5000 years, they hadn't succeeded due to the Crimson Dragon and the 5 signers it chose. The Signers bore dragon marks and owned a Signer Dragon. Using the powers, they manage to imprison them in the Nazca lines."

"I see..." White Taki says, "So you mean that the 5000 years have passed as they are coming back?"

Yuya says, "After the world splits into four dimensions, the time and space have been in a big mess, the time may be reset as they come back earlier than we thought. Not only that, they may have been getting stronger than ever, in the past, they are capable of using Dark Synchro Monsters...who knows if there might be Darker versions of Xyz, Fusion, or even Pendulum..."

"If that's the case, we can trust you to save all of us?" Gael asks.

"We will try our best." Yuni bows to them as well as the others.

And in another room, Duel Chaser 227 is sitting inside of his room, he received the letter from Roget.

"It's been a long time, No.227. No, just for tomorrow, let's call you by your original job title: Duel Chaser 227. According to the list I received of tomorrow's match-ups, you are dueling Sakaki Yuya in the first match. It may be a pity that he is not Yugo, the one who humiliated you, but I would like you to crush Sakaki Yuya at all costs. In the event that you take him out, I will allow you to return to your job."

After reading the letter, 227 says, "As I thought, the Director hasn't yet given up on me... He hasn't abandoned me! After losing to that Yugo guy in that duel, I was reduced to a Commons and lived day by day chased like a criminal by my old colleagues. I thought I'd get sent to the detention facility when I got caught, but I was taken to this penthouse instead. Now I know the reason!"

Then he also notices that a Fusion Monster is also attached to a letter, "Please watch, director. I'll definitely live up to your expectations this time. With this card!"

Here is a short chapter, since the next chapter is going to be something big, I decided to end it right here. I hope you like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 304 12
You know the story so it's useless that you read the description so start reading the story.
51K 1.2K 46
Leo Akaba sets his plans into motion to capture Yuzu and her counterparts to revive his daughter Ray, harming other innocent lives in the process. Ho...
141K 2.1K 84
A young duelist with a troubled past arrives at Maiami city in order to participate in the Maiami Championship, but soon finds himself embroiled in i...
2.5K 12 58
Takes place during a dimensional war after arc-v occurred