Never Left Me (Completed)

By GenHope

"Even when we departed you never left me. I carried everything you said to me and did for me even when we wer... More

Description
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four, Part One
Thirty-Four, Part Two
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy

Fifty-Eight

7.5K 582 650
By GenHope

In her townhome, the living area and kitchen are busy. Pandora and Colby are over to help Magenta prepare the last touches for Gee's birthday. While they're blowing up balloons, she jumps and twirls in the air throwing rose petals so they can be strewn all over the floor.

She wants this time around for his day to be perfect. The last one was right after Chandrika passed away. It was fun, but it came with a lot of drama and grief. They're also in a completely different space relationship wise. Last year they were trying to bounce back from that short break they took. Now they're engaged.

Magenta jumps off the couch attempting to do a split leap into the air, while throwing more flowers but fails miserably. "You are so extra!" P says when she lands back on the floor.

"Is that all the balloons?" She laughs slightly out of breath.

"Does he even deserve all this?" Jux ties the last one letting it go to float towards the ceiling.

"He's been going through a lot lately."

He has. Genesis found out his father didn't die naturally, but was murdered. He's wrestled with feelings of guilt, but also trying to resolve those sentiments.

This is their second birthday they've spent together since coming back into one another's life. She wants this one to top the last one by miles.

"I say the nigga doesn't deserve shit considering he put us in the crossfire of the Mob," Jux emphasizes the last word louder. "I feel like everyone's moving on like our ass ain't grass. I already almost died once!" he says dramatically.

"What're we going to do? They haven't made a move yet, so clearly they don't know it was Gee who turned the tapes over." She checks her phone seeing Choice sent a text that they're five minutes away.

Gen begins moving faster making sure everything's how she wants it. At one point, Pandora bumps into her. "Ow! My tittie!" She shouts and takes two steps back as if P knocked the breath out of her.

"Girl, I barely bumped you."

"That really hurt," she grabs her chest trying to keep doing what she's doing. All the while she's hissing garnering a glare from Pandora.

"You really will play some shit up."

"I'm not. Like damn bitch, you didn't have to knock into my chesticle like that. These things have been sore," Gen cups them wearing a pout on her face.

"You been lettin' Gee suck 'em? They're probably growing," P makes them bust out laughing because Tempest used to always tell them that when they were younger. Don't let these little boy suck on ya chest, you'll end up with Double D's like me, is what she'd say.

"What're y'all talkin' about?" Jux asks in confusion coming back from the bathroom.

They both chuckle and don't answer right as the garage opens. "They're back," Gen says excitedly skipping down the hallway. She opens the door to the garage seeing Gee and her brothers getting out of his car.

He had been saying he wasn't excited for his birthday. It's mostly because it's the end of the Spring semester. He's been too busy studying to care, but he's glad to have finished his first year back in college.

"Happy birthday!" She says with excitement waving a hand clapper noise maker in his face that takes Gee aback.

A smile creeps across his face before he hugs her. "Hell nah!" It doesn't help Pandora and Jux are in the background blowing on foil horns trying to make a beat while dancing. "Y'all too turnt for it not to be noon yet," he kisses Magenta.

"Did you finish your finals? How do you think you did?"

"One of my fuckin' professors asked all these questions that weren't on the review guide he made us do."

"Go figure. They always do. I'm sure you did great though. First year down," she holds up her hand and he slaps it, so she locks their fingers. She gets a firm grip on his hand leading Gee down the hallway towards the kitchen and living room.

He takes in the decorations giving a shy grin. He gives a full-out laugh seeing a Lego flower bouquet that she put together and put in a vase on the counter. "You really got these."

"I wanna give you your flowers," she sings from Hrs & Hrs trying to add vibrato but sounding terrible.

"Thank you," Gee litters small kisses across her face.

Choice interrupts squeezing a box in between them. "Man, come on! Quit all that lovey dovey shit and open this gift."

Seeing the box, Gen already screws up her face. "I know you didn't buy him those shoes-"

"Why are you tellin' what I got him?"

She pouts watching Genesis open it. "I asked you to help me find them, so I can get them. You told me you couldn't find his size anywhere."

"Man, you can't buy his spoiled ass everything. I needed to get him a gift too and I liked your idea. You know him better than anybody," Choice laughs.

Magenta's been doing the thing where you give someone one of their birthday presents everyday of the month until their actual birthday. Lucky for her, Gee was born on the seventh so that's only a week.

"I'm not spoiled. My lady just knows how to reciprocate," Gee smiles.

"What'd you already get for your birthday?" Choice turns up his lip.

With no hesitation he holds up his wrist wearing a watch. "You know the plain jane cost more than a bust down," Gee brags.

Gen shakes her head moving to the kitchen where brunch is waiting on them. Call her extra, but she has a whole agenda for the day.

Right as she checks the time Cortlen's opening the front door to the house letting Gee's mother in. Misty goes straight for her son to wish him a happy birthday before noting, "There's a big truck blocking the driveway."

"Oh, that must be his last gift," Gen's already slipping on a pair of shoes. Gee's face contorts to confusion as she motions for them to all come outside.

Everyone looks in curiosity while Magenta stands confidently. Seeing a car being unloaded, Gee looks over at her. It's the Dodge Ram 1500 TRX he's been talking about for months.

"Nah, sis did her big one," Pandora says as Cortlen and Choice pull Gee into a dap excitedly.

It's the fact that they're all just as happy for him. Cortlen, Choice, and Jux show their happiness more outwardly. It's expected because Gee has always been the more nonchalant type. Despite that he wears a smile ear to ear showing his appreciation. "I love you," he holds onto her tightly.

"This is your last car."

"No, I still have like 3 more dream cars."

"The neighbors are going to start hating us."

"And that's why we're movin' on up to the East side. When we have our house and land, I can have as many cars as I want on our property," he boasts.

"Brag different. How you coming, twin!?" Choice hypes him up from the end of the driveway. Once it's off-loaded, he jumps up and down you would've swore it's for him.

Gee hops in the driver seat honking the horn a couple times before hitting the gas to make the engine rev. "We're in this neighborhood with all these white people," Gen says with embarrassment covering her face.

"I don't care. Y'all hear dat shit!"

"Ooooh!" Cort covers his mouth with a fist. "Do you know what you just bought him?" Gen shakes her head and shrugs simultaneously. "It's the Ram on steroids. Supercharged and juiced-up. Hellcat-powered in a truck. He bout to be bullying muh fuckas off the road."

"So, I might regret this?" is all she can deduce from his explanation.

"We gotta race, folk. I'ma leave yo shit," Cort says to Gee.

"What? I'll smoke yo shit, fam. I'ma leave that bitch in the dirt."

"Man, when that Raptor R comes out next year... I'm gettin' it then we can race, fasho. That bitch is gonna have 700+ Horsepower. I'm tellin' ya." Magenta shakes her head because they lost her a long time ago in the conversation.

"Get in. We gon' go around the block," Gee motions for Cort, Jux, and Choice.

Choice is the only one who doesn't get in. "I'm good. I like my life," he holds up his hand. Gee doesn't argue as he revs the engine before taking off. "Whipping that junt, foe."

When a smile slowly comes across her brother's face it makes her ask, "What?"

"I always knew you'd end up with him. I remember when y'all came to my house with that damn PowerPoint all so he could sell fuckin' weed for me," he makes them both bust out laughing. "Shit, the partnership was always there."

"That man could ask for a spaceship and I'd get it for him. What's been up with you though?"

"I'm chillin'. Working. But I talked to Pops... I told him about our little problems with the Italians and Jews-"

Magenta looks at him wondering what their incarcerated father has to do with this. "And?"

"He knew some people connected to Destin's family. Apparently, back in the day they used to do murder for hire around Dallas. As a Mafia crime family they controlled narcotics, gambling, prostitution and night clubs in most of Texas."

"Nothing different than now."

"Dad knew one of the underbosses. Also, Pops used to be big betting on the Rangers games when he was at the prime of selling bricks... When Destin's father played for them and was fixing games."

Gen sighs because everything's always connected. "So?"

"He's done some things that warrant favors. If it comes down to it, we'll pull that card and get protection. We're good."

"Are we? I don't think our father calling in a damn near 30-year-old favor with the Mafia is enough to ensure our safety," she argues.

"I didn't think so either, but De'Mario was a big enough deal for his word to mean something. You and Dad are good now and it's probably hard for you to trust a man that's been behind bars your whole life, but he's protecting us."

"Okay," she takes his word for it.

"I'm not gonna lie, I don't know what's going to happen. The crime family Destin's people are apart of were indicted for conspiracy and perjury back in the day. 20 mob leaders were sentenced to five years in prison. Ten months later, a U.S. Appeals Court overturned the convictions of all of them. They were released."

"Organized crime was interwoven with the government. Strings were probably pulled."

"We have to hope it doesn't happen again," Choice ends the conversation.

While standing in the driveway waiting for them to come back, Magenta shakes her head at two pigeons whizzing by super close to them. They both land on the front window sill making her say, "There goes those damn birds. They either tap on the front window or the skylight. It's been happening for two weeks now."

Misty overhears and responds, "Might not wanna drink tonight."

"Why?"

"They symbolize fertility. You're either already pregnant or you might end up tonight. You know how birthdays get," Misty speaks from experience.

"My granny said they're a message of death and you should prepare for difficult days," Choice frowns up his face.

"That's not funny," she looks at both of them.

"Life and death. Mm mm mm," Misty shakes her head.

Magenta brushes them off thinking the pigeons don't mean anything. They always have these superstitions and old wives tales that aren't even true.

Gee finally comes back down the street stopping the car by the sidewalk. "That man tried to kill me," Jux jumps down from the truck clutching his chest.

"Okay, come on!" Gen claps her hands. "We have a schedule to keep. I know we usually run on nigga time, but we can't be late today or it messes up what I planned."

"That's not it? I thought they're leaving and I can go to sleep," Gee gets out of the car.

"Leaving? It's noon. Your day has barely started."

"I don't need anything else. My birthday's been amazing already."

He can't stop smiling, which makes Gen just as happy. Cupping his chin she says, "Aww, my gummy bear." His puppy dog eyes make her want to hug and squeeze him. "But no, you're birthday's only getting started. Everyone needs to go get dressed. You either need to meet back here or at the location by 2p.m. sharp. If not, you're getting left," she gets head nods from everyone.

Before going back in the house, she looks down the street surveying each car that lines the street. Since last year it's been a habit to see if there's anybody watching their every move. Ever since the RICO indictment, that paranoias been back on ten. For some reason, Magenta's decided to still carry on with life like she's not scared shitless. Whatever's going to happen, will happen. They only have one life to live...

Genesis sits in the backseat of a chauffeur driven car wondering what's next. After this afternoon he didn't expect or want anything else. He got all he got all he could ask for on his birthday... Another year of being alive and another day of breathing when their are others who didn't have that chance. Celebrating with people who make you feel special is an added blessing.

He moves his head left and right as if he can see before asking, "Is the blindfold really necessary?"

"Someone's being impatient," Gen responds in a sing-songy voice. "We're almost there." Five minutes later the car comes to a stop and she helps him out.

She takes the silk scarf she used to cover his eyes off, but Gee pays more attention to Magenta than his surroundings. "You look so good," he takes in her done-up appearance. He didn't even get to see her good before she slapped the blindfold on him earlier. His focus is lasered in on the dress, heels, makeup, and hair.

"You look good too, boy."

"I feel like you haven't worn colored hair in a minute. You look like a mermaid or fairy. That shit does something to me," his hands can't help but roam her body. "Someone's parents... one day," he catches himself.

"Alright, eyes off me and look around," she motions to the plane in the background.

"What's this?"

"You getting flewed out. One night in Vegas," she smiles.

"You're crazy," he kisses her. Gee's been both impressed and overwhelmed by the day. Magenta definitely went the extra mile for him. "I'm not gonna lie, I feel like a bad bitch."

While they're waiting for everyone to arrive, Gee's phone rings with a call from Destin. "Happy birthday."

"'Preciate it." It's awkwardly quiet because they're not friends again. It's more of an arrangement to get what he wants. "Does your family know you're going to testify against them?"

"No. No one's said anything. The D.A. said they'll protect me. I'm supposed to be going to stay with a friend for a while. He owns a private island in the Bahamas. I should be safe there if things do blow up."

"Are you gonna stay there until the trial's over? That could be years..."

"I don't know. I'll move around for awhile and see what happens. I've been acting as normal as I can. Answering my Dad's calls from jail and all. They don't suspect anything from what I can see. They think the feds must've been building a case for years and the tide finally rolled in."

"Hm, that's good, I guess."

"Remember how I told you to look up Gabriel Ricardo a long time ago?"

"The A&R guy. Warner Records. Singer, Béla. Yeah, yeah," he says quickly. "You keep bringing him up." He's getting flashbacks of his last birthday. So much has transpired in that year.

"That's because he was affiliated with the Italian Mafia. He was actually my cousin on my mother's side. His father is her brother, my uncle."

"And you're just now telling me because...?"

"It wasn't important he was my family before. Uhh," Destin pauses. "While awaiting his sexual misconduct trial my uncle, his own father, ordered a hit on him. He was killed to stop him from talking. He was set to start naming names. Some of the same people arrested in this RICO, including my father. All I'm saying is if something happens to me, it'll probably be my own family. I just wanted to tell someone."

Gee doesn't want to sound insensitive, but his thoughts are, Why are you telling me this? If Destin ends up dead that's not his business.

"I have a question... I was reading how the business magnate, Len Blavatnik, bailed Gabriel out. He's who used to own Warner Music-"

"I know who he is."

"Are you related to him or do you know him? I read he's Jewish.. Maybe that's the ties that got Gabriel the job and for him to bail him out. Is he connected to the mafia too?"

"I'm not related to him, but I know him. The Jewish and Italian crime groups became interconnected because they lived in the same neighborhoods and social circles. They always worked closely even as they went "legit." Len had his industrial group conglomerate and he'd use it to invest into Mafia run businesses. That was his relationship to my family. Why?"

"Okay, wait, if he has ties to Mafia families... How was Béla able to come out on top? She wasn't touched or killed. She even successfully sued Warner and won. The woman's living in Europe, owns her own label, and living her best life. We should be good then if nothing happened to her, right?"

"Gabriel was killed meaning the trial never happened. Everyone who went to prison went because Béla's cousin snitched. And none of those men were Mob affiliated. Were they wealthy and important? Yes-"

"But they shouldn't be feared as much. I get it," he breathes out.

"I'm in Vegas and I would pull up, but I'm sure Gen didn't invite me for a reason."

"She still doesn't fuck wit' you and I'm sure you understand why."

"Me being aware about Caprice, I know. Just all of you be safe," Destin ends the call.

Right on time Gee's being approached by his brother, Seven. After slapping one another's hand they hug. For some reason he thought he wasn't coming. Seven's been distant ever since he found out their father was murdered. "Wassup, old man?"

"You're gonna be my age one day, so chill out."

As they part Seven motions to a girl standing nearby saying, "This is my girlfriend, Haile." Gee turns his head up at the pleasant surprise before introducing himself. As soon as Gen heard 'girlfriend' she was shooting over to meet the young lady and whisk her away with questions.

Seven shakes his head as Magenta's trying to get all the tea from the 19-year-old. "I see you.. Finally, found you one. How'd you meet?"

"She goes to UT Austin. I was at one of the campus parties despite not actually being a student there," Seven laughs staring at her in the distance.

"Look at you all grown up. You're about to be 20. I'm proud of your little ass," Gee squeezes his shoulder.

"Yeah, but who was that on the phone when I walked up?"

"Destin," he answers hesitantly, especially after their last conversation.

"I know you don't trust that mutha fucka. When I was running around with Fade and Big Bleak's people you told me, When you choose your friends, you choose your enemies. Now what?"

"It's not about trust right now and we're not friends."

"So then what's it about? Enlighten me..."

"It's about winning. Getting what I want. He's turning informant on his whole family."

"Not because he wants to or because he's not just as guilty. He's complicit in all this. He's no different from Kross or his father. They're all the reason Daddy's dead. You're letting this nigga walk around free and breathing," Seven's nostrils flare.

"They all got arrested. That's starting somewhere."

"All except Destin. If he's not going to jail, the white walker should at least be six feet under," he says angrily. He catches himself when his girlfriend looks over at them.

"I'm handling this."

Seven takes a deep breath in smiling. "Anything you ever told me you weren't wrong," he admits. "Do it your way. I trust you.." Gee shakes his head watching him walk away. He knows Seven is saying one thing, but thinking another.

Once everyone that's coming has shown up they're on a 3 hour flight to Las Vegas. They all check into the hotel they'll be staying at for one night only before heading to his birthday dinner. The private event is being held at TAO restaurant and night club where the lavish celebration will continue.

Two hours later they're all leaving the dinner headed back to the hotel. They've barely stepped through the automatic sliding doors into the lobby, but everyone's talking loud and laughing. Most of them had drinks at the restaurant, so they're full of good food and alcohol.

Magenta's probably the only sober one, so she's the first to say, "Shh!" In her mind people are staring at them for being disruptive.

"Look at TaTa!" Gee says loudly as she holds her heels in one hand. She rolls her eyes at the family nickname. He heard her aunt call her that one time and he's been running with it.

"We're gonna go to the casino," Misty points in the direction of it. She hooks arms with Tempest as they wobble towards it showing they're tipsy. He can tell they plan to gamble and drink all night. Maybe even flirt with a couple of the older guys in there.

"Don't gamble ya life away, ladies. We don't need anymore addicts in this family," Gee says from behind them.

Misty points at him saying, "Alright, now! Don't throw shade at my husband." He chuckles to himself because she won't let anyone forget they were still legally married when he passed.

He wraps his arm around Gen who's walking beside him. "Where's your money you won from shooting dice? You was fuckin' off. You can use it on the slot machines. How much you leave with?" He kisses her cheek.

"I still can't believe you, my brothers, and your friends feel the need to shoot dice everywhere you go. In TAO?"

"Gotta entertain ourselves," he shrugs.

"It's a little faux pas. Un poquito," Gen holds up her fingers.

"What the fuck does that mean? Give me the money you won then," he reaches into her purse trying to take the hundreds but she slaps his hand.

"I won it fair and square."

They both laugh only to be interrupted by Pandora yelling, "There's a club in this hotel. Let's go. I'm tryna see what it's giving."

As soon as they step in their ears are filled with a House music club mix. "All this oontz oontz ass music," Cortlen turns up his face. Meanwhile, Colby and Pandora are dancing through the crowd of people trying to fit right in. They go to the large dance floor where the energy of the crowd pulsates and the others go up to the second level of the club. Standing in the mezzanine they don't waste any time getting more drinks.

For the next hour Gee loses track of how many shots he's taken it's been so many. He's not usually a drinker, but it's his birthday and he said fuck it. Gee has definitely been drinking away any pain, stress, worry, or anxiety tonight. To say he's not uneasy about the fact the mafia can find out he's the one who turned in those tapes would be a lie.

Even with so many of them being arrested, especially Destin's father, he still doesn't feel satisfied. He thought he would, but there's something missing. He thought it would've made him feel better about his father's death. It hasn't.

He's a mix of emotions. Angry mostly. When his father first died he never actually grieved. His feelings were more like a tidal wave. Now they're turning into a tsunami.

"More shots!" Cortlen announces loudly when he sees an employee coming with another tray full. He urges everyone to grab one despite them already being drunk. "One for you," he gives a goofy smile extending it to Magenta.

"Shot o'clock!" P shouts through the music as they all hold up their glasses and hit each other's. No one even notices the fact Magenta threw hers over her shoulder into a plant. She couldn't help but remember what Misty said earlier..

Gee looks over at Gen who pretends it burned her throat by turning up her face. "That's my last shot. Y'all need to drink some water."

"Water?" All the man ask in unison cracking into laughter.

"I'm getting hot as hell." Cortlen fans his Rhude t-shirt before completely pulling it off. His forehead's sweating and all. The alcohol kicked in and it's whooping his ass.

"That boy's gone!" Gee laughs at him stepping to the side for a breather. They continue partying and it gets to that point in the night where at least one intoxicated person has to express their feelings. That person tonight is Gee as he tells Choice, "I love you, bro! I'll always have yo back. Any nigga tryna go against you, is going against me."

Choice nods trying to focus his vision. "On my soul," he daps Genesis who moves to be by Magenta.

"I love the fuck out you," he kisses her. Gee ignores the aggravated face she wears due to having to babysit everyone.

"No more after this," she says like a mother while watching him drink straight out of a bottle.

He leans into her ear talking loudly through the music to say, "You're so special. You know that? I knew I'd have your back the moment we locked eyes. I'd kill for you."

"I know," she goes along with his drunken spiel. He's going on for another five minutes before he feels like she's not listening. He can tell when she isn't. She gets this googly eyed look because she likes the sound of his voice. "You hear me? I hope you're really listening. What did I say?"

"Something about how much you love me," Gen guesses with a shrug.

He shakes his head because he had moved on from that topic a few minutes ago. Gee chuckles as she wraps her arms around his neck before kissing him. "Why don't you listen to me? Hm?"

"I'm listening. I hear you loud and clear. I just don't like when you talk like that. It's like you think something's going to happen and you gotta say it to make sure you don't leave anything unsaid," Magenta leans in so he can hear.

"Can't have regrets." He gives a small smile adding, "You're gonna always know how I feel. What would you rather me say? What you wanna hear?"

His lips brush against her ear making Gen purse her lips, but when she sighs you can hear pieces of the moan she tried to suppress. She covers it with a chuckle responding, "Don't say that."

"Why not?" He laughs admiring her for a few seconds. "Or, maybe you want to hear how I'm going to eat your pussy all night while you enjoy the view of that big ass Ferris wheel outside our window. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Mmm. I thought men said coochie isn't a birthday present?"

"Shit, it is to me. It's the gift that keeps on giving."

"It'll definitely be giving tonight," she chuckles giving a teasing kiss that grows into more.

"Baby G coming tonight," Pandora can't help but cackle making them pull their tongues from one another's throat.

"Please," Gen wipes her lip-gloss from Gee's mouth. There's been too much talk about babies for her liking today.

That conversation and them being liquored up was enough for everyone to call it a night. They need to be able to catch their flight back to Texas tomorrow evening through the hangovers they're undoubtedly going to have.

They all leave the club riding the elevator up. Instead of going straight to his hotel room, Gee's helping make sure Choice gets to his room while Gen does the same for Cortlen. Gee's only one shot less inebriated than Choice so he's wondering how can a drunk person help another drunk person.

"Bro," he says out of breath as Choice leans on his shoulder. He gets the door open and practically drags Choice to the bed. "Come on. Make it easy for me," he puts his legs on the mattress.

"I'm done clubbing. I'm getting too old for this shit," Choice groans as Gee puts a trash can and water bottle nearby.

"You gonna be good?" He looks at Choice with concern as he nods his head. Just like Gee was drinking away his pain away, so was Choice.

He's put up this front like he's happy and moving on with his life since ending it with Inandi. He's glad Cortlen's charges were dropped, but that doesn't erase everything. Choice is constantly hit with the thoughts of Chandrika and the murders he committed.

Choice feels the loneliest he ever has. He wears immense guilt of feeling he doesn't deserve to have a happy, normal life. So, he numbs himself with alcohol whenever he can. It's a problem nobody has noticed he has because he hides it well.

Genesis turns about to leave but stops when Choice calls his name. "Yeah?"

"Whatever happens we're going out on our shields."

Going out? He thinks to himself. "Sure," Gee responds faintly.

"One more thing... Seven's right. We need to take Destin out, for good." He looks at the serious look in Choice's glazed eyes contemplating.

He can understand why Choice is saying that. Destin still has the recording of him admitting to Big Bleak's murder. As long as there's no statute of limitations, the police can re-arrest him since his case was dismissed once Cortlen turned himself in. It won't be considered double jeopardy because the trial never actually began.

That quickly Choice's face is buried in his pillow like he's out of it. With a shake of his head he exits the room heading back for his suite.

As soon as he enters, Gee sits his room key and phone on a table in the entry way. He looks at himself in the mirror hanging over it doing a little jig to the music Magenta has playing. "I'm drunk as hell." He tries to focus his vision mumbling, "I'm tryna fuck sum'n."

With a swagger in his walk he calls for Gen. He doesn't get a response, so he makes his way through the sitting area towards the bedroom. As soon as he enters he's met with a way more impressive sight to see than the ones given by the panoramic views high above the Las Vegas strip.

The closer he got the more clear he could hear soft moans seeping through the PartyNextDoor that's playing. With her fully naked body on display it's evident she wasted no time. Cortlen was much more easier to deal with. He wanted to sleep in the empty bathtub of his room, so that's where she left him.

In those few minutes of waiting on Gee, she grew impatient and her hand found its way between her legs. She's prepared to end Gee's birthday on a high note. So focused on what she's doing, Gen doesn't notice him standing in the doorway.

She has his full attention as Gee leans against the doorframe. His gaze floats about the surroundings and his glossy eyes sparkle with wonder much like the lights in the cities distance. He studies every curve of Gen's body as she spreads her legs more.

Watching her fingers slide in and out, his face wears a smile of adulation. All he can think about is how far she's come since last year. She's like a flower that bloomed considering everything she's been through in this department.

"You couldn't wait five minutes?" He startles her. Opening her eyes, Gen watches him come further into the room. "Now who's the impatient one?"

"Just a little head start," she smiles tucking her bottom lip into her teeth.

Grabbing one of her ankles, Gee pulls her closer to the edge of the bed. His hand travels down her calf stopping on her thigh. His thumb grazes the tattoo she has on the back of it that says 'You are art.' She got it after the one year anniversary of the assault. For her, the tattoo symbolizes the act of taking her body back after feeling like it was not her own — an act of agency that directly contrasts with the violation and harm of her trauma. So many times she felt her body betrayed her, but not anymore. It's a testament to how comfortable and safe he made her feel.

Staring down at her, he gives the compliment, "You're so pretty. She's pretty too." His eyes travel down her body stopping at her second pair of lips. "I wanna watch you cum."

Gen's eyes slightly light up as they shift in the direction of a special friend she planned on using until he got back. This works too.. She playfully bounces her eyebrows up and down making him chuckle. Her long acrylic nails clink against the glass dildo that was laying on the bed not too far from her head. It's her favorite toy at the moment, Mr. Swirly.

Watching her slide the tip in her mouth to get it wet, Gee still holds onto the leg he pulled her by earlier. Her foot is rested on his chest allowing him to send small kisses from her ankle to her calf.

Her hand travels down her body beginning to stimulate her clit, while looking into his eyes. Gee stands transfixed now a voyeur to her gratification. He's always liked to watch her pleasure herself. Once a woman knows her own body you open a door for endless satisfaction.

Letting out a sigh, she lets her body heat up as the sensations rush through. She doesn't waste much more time before sliding it in since she was already wet. Arching her back away from the bed her pace speeds up. The soft, breathy tone that escapes her lips would normally be hard to make out with Brent Faiyaz overlapping it, but it's loud and clear to Gee.

Right as she's found a good rhythm that'll get her to her wished destination, she slows down as if overwhelmed. "Let that shit go," he tries to coax her to continue.

"I don't wanna cum too fast."

"Yes, you do. You have a lot more coming tonight anyway." Magenta readjusts herself to be more comfortable which includes pulling her leg back to get deeper. "There you go."

From there her goal is an orgasm that's not too far away. The tell-tale sign is the push and pull that's mixing her elixir is causing it to overflow. Her eyes soften and moans escape freely becoming music to his ears. They only make him harder.

Gee doesn't take his eyes off her for a second as if she's a shrine worthy of veneration. He wears a look of pride when her extract drips down her thighs and ass onto the sheets.

"Fuck!" She breathes out as her legs shake. With a tug she pulls the clear hand-crafted toy from her walls that tightened around it. Gee's eyes are fixed on the wonder before him. "I can go to bed now," she jokes with a sigh of relief from the release.

"Hell nah," he responds with readiness to demolish her. Her foot travels down his body and she purposely brushes against his bulge making him jump at the small friction. "Come here."

Raising up from her back, Gen moves to her knees to the edge of the bed. Kneeling in front of him, he lowers his head catching her lips in a kiss. "Do I have your permission?" she asks with coyness, hands already on the button of his jeans.

With a nod of his head he concedes allowing her to move forth. She barely has his pants halfway down before he's grabbing onto the front of her throat making her raise higher. Leaning in for another kiss, she pulls back this time opening her mouth with her tongue sticking out. Gee immediately knows that's a request for him to spit in her mouth.

Obeying her desire, Magenta uses the extra moisture to stroke him with both hands. She wasted no time lowering her mouth onto his tip. Biting into his bottom lip he blows air between his teeth trying to stop himself from outwardly moaning or cursing.

That quickly went out of the window when she went from running her tongue from one end to the next before taking him to the back of her throat. "Shit," he groans.

He's trying to double task by removing all his jewelry while also watching her mouth and hands work simultaneously. It's cute to say you want a man's chain dangling in your face when it's little. They got drunk one night and he forgot. One of his pendants clocked her in the face and almost busted her lip... Never again.

Gee can tell tonight will be ending with a bang because all of her actions are saying, Happy fuckin' Birthday.

A string of moans fall from Magenta's lips as her bodies bended just the way he wants. With one hand gripping the front of her throat and the other wrapped in her hair, Gee feeds her deep and steady strokes. That Hennessy was the best thing that happened to him tonight in her mind.

"I can't feel my legs," Gen's voice lets out with a rasp. Her vocal cords had been completely destroyed by the long day. She doesn't know where one sense ends and the other begins.

The blue wig that was laid to perfection earlier is now all over her head and a mess. With his length brushing her spot continuously it makes her toes point like a ballet dancer.

"Cum in me," she moans without thinking. It's become second nature that she regrets it instantly. "Wait, wait, never mind."

"What?" He screws up his face not slowing down a second because he's close.

"Don't," she reaches her hand back putting it on his thigh.

"It's too late to ask me to stop cumming in you." Despite saying that he slows down realizing she's serious. He figures it's the wrong time to be asking why. That quickly he's distracted by a distant noise. It's more clear now because it's quiet from the pause between songs changing in the playlist.

"What is that?"

Someone had been knocking on the door for the last five minutes. They both tried to ignore it in the hopes the person would go away, but whoever it is is persistent. They're banging now. "Who the hell is that?" he asks.

"Just see who it is." Gee smacks his lips with frustration because he didn't get to finish.

While putting on his boxers and a pair of shorts, he looks at Gen whose become one with the bed as a sheen of sweat covers her body. The breeze of the AC kicking in felt too good against her skin. Giving a smack to her ass it makes her hiss.

"You're already pregnant, by the way," he eases out the comment nonchalantly looking over his shoulder. Her eyebrows raise making him nod. "Been. I was waiting on you to realize."

"No, I'm not," she starts to argue. She stares off to the side beginning to think. "No, I'm not," she repeats this time in a whisper quickly grabbing her phone to check when her last period was.

At the same time she's doing that he leaves the room going to the suite door. After looking in the peephole he swings it open to see Seven's girlfriend. She's clearly in distress by her disheveled appearance and the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry to bother you. I need your help," she plays with the charm bracelet on her wrist.

Gee looks both ways down the hall before inviting Haile in asking, "What's going on?"

"Seven..." She pauses as if trying to find the words.

"Did you two get in a fight or something?" Magenta rounds the corner wearing a robe looking just as confused.

"Yeah, kinda. We got into an argument because he wanted to do something stupid. He is doing something stupid..." Gee looks with impatience wanting her to get it out. "He took a gun and he's looking for some guy he thinks is the reason your Dad is dead. He said something about him getting a location off social media."

"This stupid nigga," he grumbles trying to remember where he left his phone. Once Gee finds it he tries to see Seven's location but he turned it off. He did the same for Haile. "You said he got Destin's location off social media? Where?"

Haile has no idea, so Gee goes to Destin's page. He doesn't see anything on his page or story that give it away. From there the search begins with Gee going to every person Destin's known to always be with.

While they're trying to figuring that out, Seven sits on the hood of a car in a parking lot. The streetlight shines down on him as he stares up at the Venetian hotel. Seeing Destin finally exit the building he sits up straighter.

"Wassup?" He speaks up making his presence known to Destin.

"You're on my ca- Wait, aren't you Gee's brother?"

"Yeah," Seven says nonchalantly pulling a gun from his hoodie pocket.

"W-what's going on?"

"I need to know more about my father's death." He pats the gun on his leg hopping down from the car hood. "How'd he get the tapes?"

"If I give you the answers you need you won't hurt me, right?"

"Depends." He waves for him to answer the question.

"Um, I wasn't there, but I was told my father would invite yours over to one of our vacation homes. My Dad would throw high-stakes poker games there. He must've found the room my father kept all the tapes in and took some of them."

"And he was going to take the tapes to the police?"

Destin takes a deep breath. "I was told he was trying to use them to blackmail my father for money. He wasn't going to go to the police and help the girls."

"That's not true. I don't believe you," Seven grows defensive. "My daddy wasn't that type of man. I saw what was on those tapes. As disgusted as I was... There's no one in their right mind who wouldn't think that shit wasn't morally right. He wouldn't overlook what he saw for money."

"Your father was a gambling addict. You can't underestimate what they won't and will do to feed it. They lie, keep secrets, steal, and fraud to support their addiction. How is that he had such a problem but neither you or Gee knew?"

Seven's eyes are so fixed on Destin he doesn't notice Gee pull up. Genesis had been standing back listening to everything being said. He could see the gun in his brother's hand, but his feet are stuck and his voice feels nonexistent. Maybe because a part of him wants Destin dead too.

"That's not true!" Seven shouts lifting his arm and pointing the gun at Destin. "Your father was such a fucked up person, you want ours to be one too."

"I'm telling the truth. Genaro was so addicted to betting he wanted enough money to pay off his debts. He didn't care about saving the girls or turning my father into the police."

"Why are you going against your family? To save your own ass?"

"I'm not like my father or most of my family. He's a bad person, but that doesn't mean I have to be. My Dad did those things to show he can...to show he's above the law. He's arrogant. They think they own the world. He pulled me into that world as soon as I hit 18. I've lied for him several times. Given him alibis. I let him turn me into something I wasn't because I thought I didn't have a choice. I'm done with that. When I say I want to help your brother, I mean it," Destin pleads his case.

Another reason Gee hasn't moved with urgency is because he doesn't think Seven will shoot Destin. He's wrong...

Hearing the shot ring out with an echo, his eyes widen watching the bullet hit Destin's body. It makes Destin's body shake with impact before he grabs his shoulder and falls to his knees as he begins to bleed.

"No, Seven!" Gee shouts going towards Destin. He squats down looking up at his brother who still has the gun pointed towards him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Fuck him! He's the reason our Daddy's dead," Seven waves the weapon around using it to point while his hand moves about.

"We need to get him to the hospital."

"For what?! He can bleed out for all I care."

"We need him!" Gee shouts punching one fist into the other hand. He stands up straight walking to Seven mushing his head. "You don't think!" He pokes his temple multiple times.

"We don't need him. The RICO already came down. I'm sure they got his statements."

Gee looks at the blood seeping into Destin's white hoodie. "Can someone please call 911?" He whimpers from the ground.

Looking at Destin all Gee can imagine is his father dying slowly in his home all alone. Nobody deserves that, let alone Genaro. Closing his eyes he can picture his father's casket being lowered into the ground. Meanwhile, Destin and his father are still living and breathing.

He also thinks about the fact Seven already shot him. That's enough for Destin to decide to pull out of helping him or turn over Choice's confession after all...

He opens his eyes seeing the gun in Seven's hand like he's ready to shoot again. "Aim steady..." Gee starts making Seven look at him confused. "You want him dead, do it. Don't pussy out now. Chest and head."

"Wait!" Destin reaches out his hand trying to sit up.

"Pull the trigger," Gee backs up.

"You still need me to take the stand at trial," Destin implores. He's cut off when Seven pulls the trigger again this time a bullet hitting his chest. Becoming one with the pavement, Destin gasps for air. Gee motions for Seven to 'come on', so he walks up on him putting the last shot in his forehead.

They both watch his body stop moving as he takes his last breath. Seven can't read his brother's face expression at all. "What now?" he asks. Gee lays it out plainly on what he needs to do making him ask, "Wait, you want me to leave you to deal with this by yourself?"

"Get out of here. I'll handle this," Gee says regretfully. Once again he's having to clean up his mess.

"Leave him here and let's just go."

"I'm not leaving him. Go! I'll handle it. Fuckin' go!" Gee urges with anger both in his voice and on his face. With a smack of his lips Seven gets in his car rental driving off leaving Gee alone with Destin.

He's unsure of what to do, but he thinks quick on his feet. He pats around Destin's clothes for his car keys. Once he finds them he opens the trunk then drags his body putting him in it. "Fuck," Gee whispers to himself getting into the driver's seat and pulling off.

__________

Thoughts on Gee's birthday?

Seven killing Destin? Do you believe what Destin said about Genaro?

Comment/ Vote💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

729 49 25
You ever felt so much love for another person? Not the feeling of love you feel about a family member, the love that consumes you, the love you would...
83 1 20
He's her whole world. No one understands him like she does. They're a perfect match. Too bad he doesn't know she exists.
301K 9.3K 29
i'll love you forever (short story)
24.1K 806 18
"You're my drug, I can't live without you."