Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61.

Chapter 13

70 2 0
By Kimmi369

The two boys fall back beside of me. "Prince charming wants you to walk with him." Buyuu says smiling I sigh and pick up my pace and walk next to the prince.

"Well, I see that they didn't have to do much convincing for you to walk with me." He says smiling.

"It's my job to help the client and keep them safe." I mutter reading and taking a bite of my apple.

"Well, if you were mine, you wouldn't have to lift a finger and always be safe."

"I don't have to do that now."

"Did you hear my other question earlier?"

"Yes, I simply ignored it. Like I said, it's none of your business." I say throwing my apple through the trees sending a bit of wind with it until it hits a tree and it smashes against it. He comes closer to me as his hands grazes mine. I shoot him a warning look and he backs off.

"Defensive much?"

"I don't like being touched."

"You might would if I did."

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are taking to your protector like that?" I say slamming my book closed.

"Problem Mayumi?" Sota asks looking behind him.

"Not yet." I say flatly crossing my arms.

We travel until night fall and coming into a small clearing with trees all around.

"This is a good place to set up camp." Sota says throwing his bag down. "Ryota, Buyuu go find some food and firewood. Mayumi help set up these tents." You all have 15 minutes to finish these tasks now go." I nod and start setting up the tents.

"So there are three tents but five of us. I guess I get to share a tent with you." The prince says walking up to me. I can't wait to get away from this guy.

"Actually,it's your lucky night, I get to look out while you sleep." I say giving him a fake smile finishing up the tents.

"Well, if you ever get lonely-"

"Trust me, I won't get lonely." I say slapping his back a little harder than I ment to making him almost fall then start walking over to Sota.

"They arn't back yet?" I ask.

"Nope." He says looking at three trees.

"What's wrong with the trees?"

"Training."

"With trees?"

"You'll just have to wait until they get back." I nod at him and go to sit down put my chin on my hand and wait.

"Want some company?" The prince asked sitting next to me.

"No." I state scooting away.

"Awh, what's wrong?" He moves in closer to my ear.

"You." I say looking straight ahead waiting for the boys to come back. Does this guy not understand?

"Well since you have no family we can always make one." He whispers touching my leg. "Don't you want me?"

I jump up. "No! No I don't want you, no I don't want anything about you, you pervert! Leave. Me. Alone!" I spat walking away.

"What did we miss?" Buyuu asks walking up confused with Ryota behind him.

"Whatever it was shame we missed it." Ryota mumbles dropping the fire wood.

"You two are 10 minutes late." Sota scolds holding out weights. I walk up and grab mine and quickly put them on. The boys drag their selves over to him and puts them on also.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this up." Buyuu complains.

"Same here. I don't understand how she's not struggling." 

"Listen up you three. Tonight before you eat you are going to learn chakra control." He grabs three kunais and throws them at each tree. "Watch closely as I'm only going to explain this once. Focus your chakra to your feet and-" He focuses his chakra on his feet and starts walking up the tree. "Just walk up it." He says standing at the top of the tree.

"That's easy!" Ryota exclaims. He starts running up the tree then starts falling landing in his back. "Maybe not..."

"Just watch and learn loser." Buyuu states. Slowly focusing chakra and then takes a step onto the tree and it immediately breaks.

"I'm watching but I'm not learning." Ryota laughs.

"It's not funny to laugh at someone else's failure, besides if I didn't have these weights it would be easier!"Buyuu yells.

"He's not laughing at you, he's laughing with you." I say sitting on the tree branch throwing my kunai as it lands at his feet.

"How did you do that?!" Ryota questions.

"Doesn't matter it's not like she'd tell us anyway." Buyuu mutters trying again.

I just shrug my shoulders. "Your loss" I mumble to myself and walk back down the tree picking up the kunai and walking back up it again. This time marking how far I went before I jump back down.

"Mayumi, hit this tree over here when you run up it this time." Sota encourages.

I run up the tree again and hit the tree with my kunai. I push off the tree and jump over to the other tree and reclaim it.

"Keep doing that. I'll make some targets for you on other trees." Sota says as he jumps off.

"Show off." Buyuu mutters glancing over to Ryota  he's already standing on top of his tree branch. "Hey! When did you do that?!"

"When you were watching princess over there." Ryota says  pointing at me then jumping down. Oh god, not princess.

"I will get this!" Focusing again he runs half way up the tree.

"Ryota, Mayumi start a fire and get food going." Sota says.

"That's not fair! I'm hungry!"

"As soon as you reach the top you get to eat." Sota says shoving his hands in his pockets and walking away.

Ryota starts the fire while I start cooking the fish. I look over and see Buyuu still trying to climb the tree. I sigh knowing I should go over there and help, but I want the rest of them to know everything is a team effort. I quickly finish my fish looking over to Ryota half asleep and Sota looking over at Buyuu.

"Who wants to take first watch?" Sota asks.

"I'll do it!" I jump up.

"How is the tent thing working?" Ryota asks.

"Easy, Sota gets his own the prince gets his own then you and Buyuu share a tent." I state.

"Well, that leaves you out beautiful, you can always share my tent." The prince says winking at me.

"If you say one more thing to me I'm-"

"So you're volunteering for the entire night shift?" Sota cuts me off. I nod then get up and walk away to a small river and sit down beside it brining my knees up to my chest. I sit there in silence listening to the sounds of the water, and the crickets now chirping an owl hooting. I let out a long sigh and takes my hair down letting Arul flutters around as I tilt my head into the water wetting my hair and combing it with my fingers. I wring it out and rebraid it back. Sitting on my knees I look at my reflection in the water. Looking back me with bags under my eyes, dirt smeared on my face. I doesn't even recognize myself anymore. I splash water over my face cleaning it off and get up and walks back to camp. I see Buyuu still trying to reach the top. Ryota and Sota and the prince already in their tents.

I walk over to Buyuu and stand next to him. "You're top heavy." I state. He glances at me then back at the tree. "You need to focus a little more to your feet. You have a lot of arm muscle plus weights in your backpack."

"Huh?" He looks at me confused.

"Watch." I say taking off my ankle weights.

"You're going to get us in trouble!" He whisper yells.

"No, I'm going to get into trouble. Don't worry about me. Now watch. I have more weight on my upper body.   When I walk up-". I say as I start walking up then feeling myself start to fall backwards so I flip back onto the ground. "I need to focus more to my feet to level out the weight. If I have too much weight in my feet.." I say putting the ankle weights back on and taking off my back weights and take a step onto a tree breaking it. "It breaks. You have to figure out how to balance it all out."

"That's sounds so much easier than what Sota explained." He says as I shrugs my shoulders.

"Here, eat first." I say Handing him a bowl of rice and fish.

"You're trying to get us into trouble!"

"Like I said, hush, eat, then try again." Smiling at him "Besides, what's life without a little risk?." I whisper sending him a wink then walk away jumping up into a tree with a view of the camp, and a view of Buyuu.

I look up at the stars wondering what Kiba and Naruto are doing. Wondering what Kankuro is doing? Wait what? Why would I think about Kankuro? I mentally slap myself. I look back over to Buyuu getting father up the tree. He'll get up there within the next 30 minutes...

I look back over to the camp the fire finally went out, the crickets chirping again the owls hooting. "Wait, owls?!" I say to myself jumping up looking around. I jump on a few different tree branches then slip on one I close my eyes preparing myself knowing that the fall is going to hurt. Only to be caught, I open my eyes and looks at what caught me.

"HOLY SHIT YOU'RE AN OWL!" I scream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552 23 10
Y/N, a Shinobi in Naruto, has an untold story of her life. She has experienced much, but more is yet to come. Meeting friends and loved ones, going t...
27.2K 803 38
*COMPLETE & FINISHED EDITING* This is a modern version story of Naruto. (L/N) (Y/N) is from a rich family. Her mother died giving birth to her. Her f...
6.5K 120 15
March 16th 2018, story is under editing to make sense. (This was my first ever fanfiction. And is still unfinished.) July 19th 2019, story will be li...
44.6K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...