Emerald Eyes || jikook ff ||

By ArmyGrl17

Three years ago, Jungkook left his pack to start anew with Park Pack. Along with the marriage proposal brough... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

265 35 7
By ArmyGrl17

___________.•.°•°.•.

Outside the sun is shining brighter than ever with a strong wind blowing with sunlight and heat seeping through the windows into the tiny cabin of the blond omega. Jimin sits on the bed with his arms wrapped around his knees that are pulled to his chest. His face rested on his arm and leaned toward the window. He watched a few pups playing with each other, tickling and earning fits of shriek-like laughter. 

He could smile, it was a beautiful sight to see, it always had to him. But right now, he feels nothing but the pain of broken pieces of his heart that pricks him every minute of his life.

He had no reason to smile.

He didn't even know where he stands in his life, what he wants, what he likes and dislikes. He has no idea, and if he'd be really honest. He didn't want anything at all, to feel, to have. 

But the universe decided to hurt him with the same sharp thorns that once nicked him so badly.

It reminded him of those terrible nights he had, those heart-wrenching feelings and thoughts he had, it was unbearable to the point that even living was so difficult. Everyone he loved left him, left him in the worst way possible, not even letting any door open for him to leave the pain he was in.

What even did he do wrong? Was he never enough for that person he loved so much? Gave his heart with his bare hands without caring what others were saying, what others were warning him about.  

He was too naive, too sweet and innocent that he let himself be played by him without caring.

Jimin wanted to remove every memory of him, wanted to erase him in every possible way yet he remembered him and that time like the back of his hand, constantly haunting him.

And just when he wanted to lay on his mother's lap and hear her soft voice comforting him, a soft kiss on his forehead, and that embrace that'd make him feel at. home. His father who'd give him courage and pull him back on his feet with his pats and encouragement.

They left. 

They left him too when he needed them the most in his life. Leaving him to deal with depression and this harsh world to the point where even living wasn't pleasing to him.

His once home which was so lively, full of laughter and happiness suddenly turned upside down to grief and sadness— so dull. He misses his parents, he'd wish every night that at least his parents would be here with him, guide him to the right path, decide for him what was right or wrong. 

Because he was so afraid of walking to that path again, where he had lost everything, where he lost the beating of his heart, the little too many dreams he had, his smile and happiness.

He took everything with him, leaving him with just a permanent scar.

After two years of enduring that pain and coming to the conclusion that he was just meant to be alone, he accepted it with tears in his eyes.

Yet here he is today— alive and breathing. And it was because of his friends, a few people who cared about him. Who were there with him in his hard times, held his hand, gave him a shoulder to cry on, dried his tears, and loved him so much as if they were his actual family.

One gave him brotherly love.

One treated him like a parent.

And one was there like a best friend— someone who was just there, in every way possible situation.

And he trusts them, more than himself, more than anything. He loves them so much but he is too afraid to verbally tell them, afraid they will leave him too. 

They always understood him in the best ways he could never have. 

Then what happened now?

Why was no one understanding him when he needed their understanding?

Why are they still doing something he doesn't want? After what he went through?

His eyes filled with unshed tears, hands clenching his clothes, grip tight as his emerald eyes blink quickly to get rid of the wetness in them, his throat aching but he didn't want to cry in the presence of Taehyung. 

Jimin changes his face position opposite the window. His gaze followed every move of his best friend, Taehyung, who was setting up his clothes neatly in a bag, humming to his favourite melody like always. It was his work to do in the first place but he knows he wouldn't have done it, he would never do anything related to that. 

His eyes burned as the tears wanted to gather once again when he saw that the alpha must have sensed his despair and worries radiating from him because the alpha's calming scent of lemon was all over the place and giving unspoken comfort to him while he did his work.

His heart ached, and the painful lump in his throat makes it so hard for him not to cry and be weak in front of Taehyung once again. 

He tries and tries, holds himself but all his grip on himself and his heart gives up once when it gets too much for him. 

He gets up and runs barefoot, lunging at Taehyung before holding the alpha by wrapping his arms around, back hugging him so tight as his tears spill like a waterfall.

"Jimin-ah–"

"I don't want to go Tae— I don't want this." He begged, voice hoarse and his grip on Taehyung tightened.

The alpha closed his eyes and let more of his calming pheromones surround Jimin as he hardly managed to turn around and face Jimin, whose face is now pressed against his chest. 

"Shhh, I'm here…you are okay Jimin-ah, stop crying." Taehyung pats and caresses his back. Heart clenching at the sound of him crying. It hurts him so much to see him like that. He wished he could take all of his pain away, but he tried yet he knows he won't be able to fill the gaps, won't be able to do that. 

Because it wasn't him or Yoongi or even Hoseok that could do it. 

If there was a person who could do that, it'd be— a mate. 

For a good extended moment, Taehyung lets Jimin hug him, he caresses his small back while softly whispering that he is gonna be okay and no one will hurt him. He hushes him till the only sounds that could be heard were Jimin's soft hiccups.

"Let's sit, hmm? come here." Taehyung said, pulling away from the hug and making Jimin sit on the bed with him. His rough and larger hands envelop the much smaller and softer hands in his. Taehyung's grey eyes watched Jimin whose gaze was lowered, lips trembling and when he gave a light nudge on his hand only then did Jimin meet his eyes, and Taehyung's heart breaks at the sight.

Those emerald eyes were red, sadness and fear dripping from them. 

Not being able to see Jimin like that he pulls his best friend in his arms again, "You will be happy Jimin-ah,'' Taehyung said, hand stroking his blond locks when he sensed Jimin's tensed muscles in his embrace "please trust us. We made the right choice. You believe me or not but you do need someone…you can't just live all the years being alone and—" 

"But I have you all." Taehyung smiles sadly before pulling away from the hug and cupping his tear-stained face in his large hands, maintaining eye contact "You have us Jimin-ah. You will always have us…but aside from us…you need someone. You need a mate, who will take care of you, who will heal you in the best way possible, who will cherish you, will love you as you've always dreamt of, will treat you with gentleness, and…who will mend your heart–" Another set of tear rolls down his cheek and Jimin shakes his head furiously, swatting Taehyung's hands away from his face. 

"I d-don't need anyone. I said I don't want a fucking mate!" Jimin bursts out suddenly, his emerald eyes turning a darker shade as anger collides with him. His emotions are taking a toll on him as the memories of his past came rushing back to him with strong waves. His eyes glimmered.

He hates it, hates to even think about what he wanted all his life crumbled down that night. He left him with a permanent scar and fear. He hates thinking about his childish dreams. How wrong he was, that he will be ever loved genuinely, will be ever enough for him. 

He was proven wrong in the worst way possible. 

That still today, he couldn't bring himself to mend his own heart. He had no will. He has no hope. Jimin wants to laugh at his stupid dreams of his. They were just lying in reality after all, silly him.

"You can't keep denying your inner wolf Jimin. You and I both know that this doesn't work this way." Taehyung's words bring him back from his reverie. His voice was not as gentle as it was a few moments ago. 

Jimin stared at the said boy with his chest rising with a deep breath, a painful gulp down his throat and Jimin was standing, hands fisting tightly. 

"Even if it doesn't. It will" Said Jimin, tone firm and jaw clenched. "I will make it" he adds as if his wolf wasn't whining inside. But as always he won't give up this time either. He has learned to stay like this all these years, he will live now as well. 

He doesn't need anyone— a mate that is.

Taehyung sighs, closing his eyes for a brief moment before standing up as well. His lemon scent dulled down and his shoulders slacking. "You are again making a mistake, Jimin."

A small humourless chuckle escapes Jimin's lips "I know, after all, that's one thing I'm good at" A sad smile plays on his lips before he turns around to leave the cabin, the once calming scent of his and taehyung's mixed scent making him breathe even harder right now. 

He was about to step down the stairs but halted when Taehyung spoke.

"You are given no choice this time Jimin. You will marry Jungkook in a couple of days. So you better acknowledge it already." 

————— 

Jimin mindlessly walks out of the house with fast steps and breath heaving, his head getting dizzy from the numerous evocations that he so forcibly tries to get rid of. His hands feel lifeless to him as they tremble. Wherever his feet take him he just goes, mind too occupied to look around him. He just walks and walks, while trying to mumble incoherent words to himself, to get out of the possible anxiety attack he might be getting into. 

It has been a few months since he didn't feel this way and didn't get any panic attacks for a good while. He was doing good, he thought he overcame it by now. But he wasn't successful in it, was he? 

His feet stop in front of a lake that is a little far away from the main pack area, the other side of the lake contains a thick forest, standing in all its wilderness. 

He immediately goes more near the lake, before taking another deep breath and kneeling as his legs started feeling wobbly, he leans closer to the edge before he takes the small amount of clear water in his trembling hands and splashes it on his face, he does it a few more times until he could breathe properly until his hands stop shaking. He stays there in that position for an extended moment to relax his mind. 

Jimin clenches and unclenches his hands as he tries to think of good things to take his mind off. He opens his mouth to take in the fresh air to steady his heartbeat. Emerald eyes focused on the flowing water with ripples, sunrays glimmering on it, casting a beautiful scene. Jim settles his palm flat on the grass beside him and leans on it as his other hand plays with water, little splashes— and somehow it calms him. It always does, whenever he comes to the lake. It relaxes him so much, maybe it was because he used to come here with his mother. He'd play in the water while she'd watch him do so. It was a beautiful time. A small smile makes its way on his face when a few drops of water splash on him, getting one or two drops in his eyes.

The blond omega was about to sit into a much more comfortable position when he inhales a scent, his omega immediately goes on alert at some alpha's scent, unknown yet kind of familiar. The scent of the alpha became stronger and stronger as if the alpha was getting near him. His head still couldn't recognize why the scent of peppermint and rain feels familiar to him, yet he doesn't know. 

But he was answered, his confusion came to an end when he heard a deep and soft voice call out his name. 

"Uh…Jiminssi?" 

His eyes widened as his heart picked up the pace, hands immediately gripping the front of his shirt. His heart raced at the thought that this unfamiliar voice might belong to Jungkook. He gulps thickly, not wanting to face that alpha from whom he wants to run away before he is tied to him. 

"I was just passing by and saw you here," Jungkook says, and by that Jimin realises that there is quite a distance between them, the alpha is not standing too close. "Are you alright?" he asks, concern lacing his voice. 

Jimin doesn't answer and simply stands up from his sitting position, back still facing the alpha who stands there awkwardly, honey eyes staring at the blond hair of the omega that shines brighter than the sun, and is softer than the cotton. He looks away from Jimin, finding it creepy to stare. Jungkook waits for any kind of response but he gets none, his lips pursed into a thin line. 

Not until Jimin was about to walk away did he quickly open his mouth again, stopping Jimin from leaving.

"Wait Jiminsii," He got a lot of courage to walk up to Jimin. He was on his way to Jimin's cabin but saw the omega sitting near the lake. He's been wanting to meet him for days, yet he couldn't find any opportunity. He doesn't know if it is even a good time to talk to him. But there wasn't much time left for their mating ceremony at all. And now when he is here, he feels lost of words, not knowing how to begin but he has already stopped him. 

"I–I've been meaning to talk to you for a few days now….It's just– as you know the marriage proposal was so sudden. And we didn't quite get the time to get to know each other and make decisions at a normal pace. Like we've never talked like we are basically strangers and know nothing about each other–"

Jimin cuts him off, closing his eyes at what the alpha keeps on blabbering about. "Just come to the point" He just wanted to be left alone for a few moments, was it too much to ask for? He knows his words were cold but he doesn't care. He didn't ask for the alpha to talk with him. 

Jungkook blinks for a few seconds before nodding, he hesitates to continue, stopping to choose his words correctly and not coming out too weird. "What…I wanted to say is— you see…I've always dreamt to properly court the omega with whom I will share my bond with….and as we couldn't— I mean I couldn't court you properly because there wasn't much time for me to prepare worthy courting gifts for you." The hunter's cheeks are a shade of red, a blush spreading across his face, his eyes drop down to his hands which are holding a small basket containing three glass jars of different fruit jams, wrapped beautifully with the red cloth and brown thread on its neck. Besides jars, there were freshly picked red and blueberries as well. The basket is adorned with tiny yellow daffodils and pink meadowsweet flowers turned into a twist all around the basket as well as on the holder. He'd choose the specific flowers to decorate it, especially for courtship. 

Since he didn't know anything about Jimin, and Yoongi had refused to tell either he'd have to go with what could be more symbolic and precious for the moment.

"However, I made this…" He starts, a smile itching to be on his lips feeling kind of proud of his work "a small attempt to give a courting gift to you before we marry. It's– It's not much I know. I'm sorry for that…. but I hope you like it." Jimin stays stoic and stands straight in the position he was in, looking down at the flowing water but not even trying to nod or give acknowledgement to the alpha. 

Jungkook's little bubble of excitement and nervousness dies down, his lips pursed into a thin line but after a moment he looks up and smiles, composing himself before stepping a little closer and gently placing the basket on a big rock near Jimin and stepping back where he was standing before. 

Hand playing with the back of his neck, shy and nervous as he says "I didn't know what your likes and dislikes are, I hope they are still acceptable." 

Jimin rolls his eyes, jaw clenched and biting the inside of his cheek. Jimin waits for a few more seconds to see if Jungkook has anything more to say or if he could just leave already. 

Until Jungkook said "I will uh…take my leave then…have a nice day, Jiminsii." Feeling sad when he was waiting for a response that never came his way since he came here. His wolf whined at the ignorance of the omega. Jungkook doesn't wait for much before he turns around after glancing one last time at the basket and Jimin before finally leaving. His peppermint and rain scent has become dull and rotten. 

And Jungkook internally hoped Jimin would at least accept his courting gift.  

—————— 

Just when Jungkook walked away, Jimin let out a deep breath, feeling better when the scent of peppermint and rain started dispersing away which was making it difficult to breathe or stand for too long. Jimin didn't even care to spare a glance towards the beautifully decorated basket and started walking away towards the main pack area when he stopped, eyes meeting Taehyung who stood there a few feet away. Their eyes narrowed and penetrated through his soul. 

Jimin stands there like a deer caught in the headlights but he doesn't let the latter read him through his intense eyes for long. He once again attempts to walk past him but how did he think he will get past Taehyung so easily? 

Taehyung grabs his arm to pull him to a stop, eyes glaring at him, and heart refusing to believe that it was his friend.

"When did you become so pitiful Jimin?" Taehyung says, shaking his head with disbelief written on his features. 

Jimin gulps the lump that forms in his throat, tearing his gaze away from Taehyung "Let me go Tae." he muttered, not in the mood to talk with him.

"Seriously Jimin? That..." He makes Jimin turn around and points at the abandoned basket that was placed on the rock. "He made you a courting gift, even when he didn't have time. Yet he had put so much effort– he gave you with full of love and hope that you'd accept it and you just– ignored it?" 

"I didn't ask for it, "Jimin replies, uncared, looking away from the courting gift.

Taehyung was so upset, he'd witnessed the whole interaction between them. He couldn't help but be disappointed in his friend's behaviour. He saw how Jungkook left without a smile with his head hanging low. It saddened him by watching this scene unfold.

"Courting gifts are never meant to be asked, Jimin." 

"Whatever Tae… I don't need that or anything associated with him" And with that, wriggling his arm out of Taehyung's grip he walks away. 

Leaving Taehyung worried for the omega, worried about the future that was going to be so beautiful but the omega was on his way to turn it upside down. 

Most of all, he was worried about Jungkook. 

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Hoping that you cherries liked the chapter. Please do give your reviews as it will make me happy and keep me motivated.

🍒Vote, Commet and Share🍒

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 20.2K 55
"I do want to mate you" Jungkook yelled. Jimin was not about to cower like he always did, he wasn't a baby, "If you really wanted to mate me, you wo...
285K 16.4K 29
Jikook story In a modern wold in an alternative universe there's a kingdom where Alphas Betas and Omegas exist. The Alphas predominant by males, are...
57.8K 2.6K 40
"You fucking ruined everything", he growls at me, face fuming with anger as he takes calculated steps towards me. "I couldn't touch her without remem...
45.2K 3.4K 14
★Completed★ ★Short Story★ ★ABO★ -Description- ❝A story started when two buisness partners sealed a deal of the year.❞ There marriage is just a buisne...