My Food Academia

By Shadow-Daggers

L/n Y/n is left the family cafรฉ when she was barely ten but thankfully she has her summoning quirk to fall ba... More

I

II

17 0 0
By Shadow-Daggers

The rain pours down on the Gloriville cafe in Musutafu, Japan. Despite the unfortunate weather, there still isn't a single table unoccupied. The three servers rush back and forth from table to table, taking orders and giving them food, the supervisor runs around making sure everything is in good shape and nobody is slacking off. In the kitchen, the owner, a short girl no older than fourteen, and the cook, a slightly taller girl with two giant black braids, work happily. Talking among each other as the heat from the stove hits their faces.

"I just don't understand why they give him such a hard time, Hawthy." The girl with h/c locks tell her friend. "His quirk is amazing with so many ways it could be used as a hero and Toshi-kun is so sweet." Her friend hums in happy agreement with her.

"Shinso-san is so much fun! Remember when he took us to play with the kitties?!" The innocence in her voice causes Y/n to smile softly.

"Yeah, I remember. Sanny forced his way out in the middle of the cat cafe and begged Puds a week to turn this into a cat cafe too." Hawthorne Ball laughs at the reminder before nodding.

"And then you agreed to a cat event for a week with his cats! Even Bonito Rice-sama was there, remember Master Attendant?!" another laugh leaves the girl's lips at her friend's enthusiasm.

"I remember, Hawthy, I remember." The pleasant atmosphere is broken as someone from the door cleans his voice.

"If you want to keep this up, we'll be out of business by next week." Eyes snap towards the entrance of the kitchen. His eyes pierce into Y/n's soul as she suddenly fears for her safety. The blond young man crosses his arms as he glares at her from behind his glasses. "Do not make me separate you from Hawthorne-chan." He almost reminds her of a strict teacher but Y/n knows far too well he puts every teacher to shame with how many times he put the fear of God into her. Y/n smiles hesitantly at the scrawny yet handsome young man.

"H... Hey Puddy! We're working, see!" She points at the pork loins being cooked in front of her, but Pudding barely spares it a glance.

"Then have you been paying attention to the clock at all? It's time for us to start closing up." Looking over at the clock on the wall, she realizes he is in fact right. Heat rushes into her cheeks as she laughs slightly.

"Oh! Whoops! Sorry Puds, I guess I got carried away." The young man just shakes his head at the girl, letting out a sigh. Walking over towards her, the slightly taller man's cold eyes stay on Y/n's form.

"Just get it done, unless you want to be here all night." With that he's gone, out the door. Hawthorne Ball sticks her tongue out, blowing a raspberry in the direction Pudding went off to.

"Pudding-kun so boring!" She whines out causing Y/n to roll her eyes slightly, a soft smile playing on her lips. "It's always work work work with him!" Hathorne gives a huff and crosses her arms.

"He means well, Hathy. He just wants what's best for us all." Y/n replies, before glancing back at the door. "Though for a Soul on the weaker end, he sure does know how to be intimidating as fuck sometimes." The other girl giggles at her words.

"That's only because he's chewed you out a million times!" Y/n rolls her eyes once more at the girl before starting to clean up.

"Whatever, lets just get this done before he whoops my butt again."

~~~

A small laugh sounds through the classroom, but was paid no attention to by the rest of the class. Y/n crosses her arms, her bottom lip in a slight pout at her friend's laughter. His wild and unkempt hair stands as straight as ever as he rests her head on his hand, looking towards her in amusement.

"It's not funny! Remember when my grades started to fall! Tortoise and him made me study so much for the rest of the month my brain felt like it was gonna EXPLODE!" Hitoshi rolls his eyes at the girl as she dramatically reminds him of last year, her hands shooting from her head outwards in a mock brain explosion.

"N/n-chan!" Hitoshi stands up and reaches over the desk to stop her, his chair also falling back. Unable to grab his hand in time, Y/n hits the ground. Her heart pounds as she pulls her head in to keep from hitting it. The bang of the chair causes everyone in the room to snap their heads over to them. A heavy moment of silence passes. Y/n and Hitoshi stare at each other for three long seconds before laughter erupts from them.

"D'aw! HypnoHead tried to save me!~" She teases out between laughs, watching as a bright red flush begins to grow on his face.

"I was six, N/n-chan! Stop saying that!" She gives a giggle from her place on the fallen chair before Hitoshi steps out from behind his desk.

"Awe! But its adorable, Toshi-kun!" The male rolls his violet eyes at her, stuffing one of his hands in his uniform pocket while She doesn't hesatate to grab his other pale hand. She allows him to pull her to her feet. Once Y/n is safely on her feet once more, he takes his hand away from hers to reach up to her forehead, giving her a flick.

"Whatever you say, Soul Might." Y/n's cheeks erupt in a blush at the old 'hero name' she gave herself as a child. She lightly hits the fourteen year old boy on the arm.

A soft hum escapes Y/n as she steps out of the girls washroom. When the school bell rang she asked Hitoshi to wait for her outside, all that was left now is to go find the boy with gravity defying hair to walk home with. She walks out the front and looks around, a couple kids are still loitering around but none are the beanstalk of a grape she's looking for. A frown forms on her face as she takes out her phone, seeing if he said anything about just going home alone. Finding nothing, Y/n decides to go looking around the school. Maybe he's out back or something... With a quick adjust of her backpack straps, she makes sure to round of the school swiftly. The closer to the back she gets, a commotion starts to get louder and louder. Y/n bites the inside of her cheek, the sounds of yelling and fighting worrying her greatly. As she turns the corner, she accidentally draws blood from biting so hard from the sight. Hitoshi pushed up against a wall with the three known bullies of their class; Mori, Shimada, and Hirano.

"Nobody wants you here, villain!" Mori snickers, "Your parents should have abandoned you, Evil Mind Freak!" Hitoshi doesn't say a word at them, just glaring silently at the assailants. Hearing those words, Y/n's quick to drop her bag. Without a single thought running through her head, she dashes over and gives the closest person, Hirano, her best right hook. Their classmates and Hitoshi snap their attention to the class idiot and Y/n when he yells out in.

"What the hell?!" When eyes land on the short girl, fuming at them. The teleporter subjected to her punch, glares at her before grabbing her by the collar of her uniform shirt. "It's the food girl!~" He smirks slightly, "What are you gonna do? Summon that stupid little singer girl?" He lifts her off the ground. The one furthest from Y/n, Shimada, snickers slightly.

"Need a girl who can't even control her quirk to save you, Shinsou-san?" He mocks, Hitoshi goes to open his mouth, but the flailing of the girls feet in an effort to kick her classmate takes attention away from him.

"Shut your mouth! You don't know anything about my quirk or how it works! I have a lot more control than you would!" She snarls out, defensive as always with that topic. her quirk is often perceived as something its not, when it's a bit more complicated. While their distracted, Hitoshi pushes the Mori in the chest, causing him to stumble back.

"Fuck off, you assholes!" He growls at them. Hirano laughs, swinging the girl into the wall beside her best friend. A yelp escapes her lips as her head hits the bricks. Her hand shoots towards the back of her head. Hitoshi goes to give one of them a punch, but a long blade presses itself against Hirano's neck while a shorter blade is pressed against Mori's and Shimada's antennas are grabbed.

"I suggest you leave now." The soft yet solemn tone of the woman holding the naginata says. Fear crosses the boys' faces, as they all nod shakily. After the three from Y/n's quirk release them, the boys suddenly receive a wack on the head by a flag before they book it.

"You better run!" The blonde girl behind the others call after the boys, adjusting her flag slightly. The souls fall silent as they watch the aggressors run with their tails between their legs out of sight. Y/n smiles slightly as she rubs the back of her head.

"Thanks guys, I-" She's cut off as the young boy with greenish black hair and the knife rushes with Taiyaki towards her.

"Master Attendant! You worried us! Are you hurt at all?!" The boy asks causing a soft smile to play on her lips, before she reaches over and pats his head.

"I'm just a bit scraped, Sashi. I promise." She giggles before turning to Hitoshi, furrowing her eyebrows in concern. "Are you...?" Her voice is soft, reaching over to brush the bruises forming on him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks..." He murmurs. Y/n frowns as she notices a strange look in his eye but she nods nonetheless. The soft smile disappears when she feels someone roughly grab her ear.

"What were you thinking?! You should have summoned someone!" The voice of the short-tempered Dorayaki, causes a whine to escape her lips. "You could have let one of us handle it, it takes no effort to bring one of us to protect you!" Y/n looks towards Sushi for help, only to be faced with her normal serious expression.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry Dori!" She whines out, "I wasn't thinking! I just didn't like seeing Toshi-kun in trouble!" Dorayaki doesn't let up on his scolding.

"You could have gotten seriously hurt!" he snarls out, yanking her ear a little harder.

"Owe! I'm sorry! I promise it won't happen again!" Dorayaki gives a nod, before letting go.

"It better not, or else it won't just be me your dealing with." He threatens causing her to nod slightly. The woman looks towards her attendant.

"I would recommend that you summon Ms. Milk to ensure you both are in good condition." Y/n gives a nod as Taiyaki stands in front of Hitoshi with a worried look.

"Are you sure your okay, Shinsou-sama?" She asks, her adorable amber eyes stare at him before he reaches out and affectionately messes with her hair.

"I'm alright." He reassures with the slightest of smiles. She gives a bright smile back to him as Hitoshi pretends her brother isn't glaring at him. Y/n reaches up in a stretch before taking her place beside him, making quick work to summon the healer. After a baby bottle to the face by the soul for her thoughtless actions and getting rejected in favor of Milk's girl BEST friend. She heads home with her best friend, and the two pairs of siblings.

Y/n's eyes flutter open at the feeling of movement beside her. The lights of the living room were turned off hours ago before everyone fell asleep. She looks over to see the sliding glass door leading into the backyard is wide open and no sign of her best friend. As gently as possible, she slides herself out from under Sashimi and makes her way towards the door. Stepping onto the deck, she gasps at the cool feeling of the wood beneath her feet as it rips through her nervous system.

"Oh, that's cold." She murmurs before her eyes land on Hitoshi's form. A frown forms on her lips as she walks over to the boy. Whether or not he notices her presence yet is unknown as he stares off into space, deep in thought. For a moment she opens her mouth to ask but closes it, opting to just stand beside him. her eyes drift to the stars as she leans on the railing, matching his form. If he wants to talk about whats bothering him, she'll listen but until then, the stars are looking extra pretty tonight. Her eyes search the sky, hoping to see whatever constellation is out tonight. It wasn't more then thirty minutes until Hitoshi finally broke the silence.

"You didn't have to save me." Y/n snaps her eyes from the big dipper to her friend, eyebrows furrowing and a confused expression crossing her face.

"Of course I did... You're my friend." She turns to look at him fully, "The others always say you need to protect whats important to you, and you're important to me." Hitoshi's violet eyes look over at her. "And when your working to protect all of us civilians as a hero, I should at least protect you from the bullies while I can." The soft look in her eyes causes Hitoshi to sigh and look away.

"Why are you acting like you won't get into the hero course?" He asks, "You probably have a much better chance of getting in than I do." It was Y/n's turn to look away, her frown deepens ever so slightly as his words.

"Maybe but I'm thinking of applying for the business course. It'd give me a better grasp of how to run the restaurant, Whiskey may be good with the business side of things but you and I both know he's not... without consequences." Hitoshi's eyes snap towards her once more.

"But that was your dream..." He mumbles causing her to shrug.

"And the restaurant was my parents' dream..." Y/n looks up at the stars once more, "So long as their legacy lives on, I'm okay with not being a hero." Hitoshi stares at the girl, her eyes close for a moment. Breathing in the fresh air, a soft smile forms on her lips. Soaking in the night's peacefulness for a few seconds. "Which is why the least I can do is be your number one fan, Toshi-kun." Y/n looks over at Hitoshi was a smile. After a moment of registering her words, Hitoshi breaks into a grin, chuckling a little at her. His blindingly perfect teeth and all.

"Guess I need to get in, then. Wouldn't want to disappoint the fans." He says, reaching out to tousle her hair. Y/n giggles slightly, whining out in protest at the result of her poor hair. A fake cough rips through the atmosphere. The two teens turn around to see Sushi not looking impressed.

"Your lucky it wasn't Dorayaki who woke up, Master Attendant. You know he barely stands Shinsou-san." Her words causes Y/n to laugh nervously.

"He doesn't like any boy around Taiyaki and I." She replies, "We'll be heading inside soon, don't worry Sue!" The woman nods softly at her words before leaving, probably going back to Sashimi's sleeping form. Turning back towards Shinsou, she holds a hand out for him.

"Come on, HypnoHead. Even heroes need sleep." With that, they head back inside and straight towards everyone.

~~~

"Boned-sama! Here's your usual." Y/n says with a smile towards the skeleton quirked man. "Oh! And you left a bottle of your calcium chews on your table again, would you like it back? I ensured nothing happened to them!" The man gives her a pat on the head

"Thank you, L/n-san. You're always a sweet kid." She gives him a giggle, lifting her hand to scratch the back of her neck. "Don't let life's pain get you like it got that friend of yours and I." Giving him a small nod, she steps away from the table.

"I won't, thank you Boned-sama. I'll have B52 bring out those Calcium chews now." With a bow, she leaves the probably naked man. Summoning B52, he's quick to retrieve the tablets for the man who's slowly turned into his favorite guest. Turning, a soft smile forms as she watches her quirk interact with the bonely man. It's always cute to watch them interact with people that isn't her.

"Katsuki! Stop scaring the poor waitress!" A voice yells, disrupting the peaceful atmosphere in the cafe. Y/n snaps her head towards the direction along with every part of her quirk. The tiny girl in front of the table shakes and trembles like a terrified baby deer, Rice.

"I'm not, ya old hag!" the son, Katsuki probably, snarls out before getting a swift slap on the head from his mother. The father smiles slightly at the girl, softly apologizing for his son. Y/n walks briskly over towards the table, picking up the pace when she sees tears fill her.

"I'm... Sorry... I..." The girl starts but falls short when Y/n gets over. Placing a hand on the girl's head reassuringly, she gives the family a stiff smile.

"Hi! I'm sorry, is there a problem here?" Rice wastes no time in pushing herself off the table and wrapping her small arms around Y/n. The mother, after swiftly giving her son one last swat, smiles at Y/n apologetically.

"No. I'm sorry about my son, he's a little fiery, sometimes." Y/n nods at her, before glancing down at Rice.

"Would you like to go back to the Ice Arena to calm down and relax?" Rice shakes her head softly, burying herself deeper into Y/n's shirt.

"I wanna... Stay... With you... Master Attendant..." Her small hands cling to the fabric of Y/n's apron, causing her to nod before setting her hands comfortably on Rice and turning her head to give them a smile.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't scare my quirk, thank you for the apology ma'am. Is there anything I could get you?" She goes to pull out a pen and notepad but the teenager snickers a little.

"That's your quirk?" Y/n feels her eye twitch at the mocking tone in his question. Clenching the pen tighter, she gives him a closed smile.

"Yes sir, now order or I'll make sure you-" She's swiftly cut off by a gentle hand grabbing the back of her shirt.

"Attendant. Unless you want to scare off customers, please don't threaten them." The sound of Toast's smooth voice snaps hers and the family's attention.

"But he just...-! And Rice is...-!" Toast gives a small chuckle, planting a kiss on her head.

"And we all appreciate your readiness to fight for us, but is that really something you want explain to Mr. Peking Duck or Pudding?" His question lingers in her mind for a few moments before a sigh escapes her lips, tightening her grip on Rice slightly.

"Fine, I'll be in the back." She mumbles in defeat, before picking up the smaller girl and retreating to the back of the restaurant and out of sight. Watching her leave, Toast sighs in relief before giving a respectful and apologetic bow.

"Forgive our Master Attendant, she's a bit protective of us all, since we are all she has." He gives an empathetic smile but it's quickly wiped away with a customer service smile. "Anyways, is there anything I can get you...?"

Y/n sighs softly as she sets herself down on the unopened bags of flour in the backroom. With Rice's face buried in the crock of her neck, she makes herself as comfortable as possible on the ingredients. Plopping her head on Rice's shoulder, she holds her tighter. Silence hangs in the air between the two.

"I wouldn't trade any of you for anything." She says at last, "I love you guys so much." She gives Rice a kiss on her forehead before leaning back. Rice parts from her before giving her the softest smile in existence.

"We love you too, Master Attendant."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
984K 37.1K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 34.1K 61
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1M 55.6K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...