The Other Eaton

By FictionalFandomFreak

The day for the Choosing Ceremony has finally come, but what will it have in store for Tobias and his twin si... More

Breakfast
A Choice
Tobias' Choice
Freedom
On The Roof (Short Chapter)
Jump
A Stiff? First Jumper? (Short)
Dauntless
Dormitories
Nightmares (Short)

The Choosing Ceremony

535 20 0
By FictionalFandomFreak

Marcus repeats the same speech that has been said for years during the Choosing Ceremony, it's probably tradition but bores me anyway.

The first name is called. A boy from Candor, he picks up the silver dagger, cuts his hand and spills a droplet of blood into the bowl filled with glass.

There are five bowls containing: glass for Candor, earth for Amity, grey stones for Abnegation, water for Erudite and lit coals for Dauntless.

The Ceremony seams to go in fast-forward, up until my name.

"Eaton, Catarina" Marcus says. Nervously I walk forward to the platform, take the dagger and cut my hand.

I guide it toward the middle of the Abnegation and Dauntless bowls and I see Marcus smile as he thinks I am going to pick his faction.

At the last second, I move my hand towards to Dauntless bowl. A single drop of my blood hits the coals, and hisses slightly.

I hear many gasps of shock, and after a pause the Dauntless start to cheer and clap. I walk forward with a shy smile on my face, and I get a few pats on the shoulder and back from the older Dauntless members. For once in my life, I feel accepted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.7K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
415K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
68.4K 1.6K 30
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
211K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...