1865 ; jungwon

By jaykehour

Jung Minjoo always admire the historical heartwarming love story of Yang Jungwon, an ordinary average man and... More

INTRODUCTION
TRAILER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45 (FINAL)
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: 2025

CHAPTER 37

2.1K 206 21
By jaykehour

"Wait wait, dont throw it yet! " Jiyeon screams, picking up the two apple she did not catch then put it in the basket.

"You can throw it now! " she added once she got back to her previous spot, hands ready to catch the apple Bomsan will about to throw her.

"I'll throw it now"

And just like that, the girl from the tree, threw the apples one by one to Jiyeon who immediately catches them.

"Why are you so good at catching them? " Bomsan asked, looking down at Jiyeon who's busy putting the apples in the basket.

"I don't think so, I think you're just good at throwing them. " the latter replied, looking up to her.

"Silly." Bomsan laughed, shaking her head. "Are they enough? Or should I throw more? "

Jiyeon looked at the two baskets filled with fruits before looking up to her new friend. "One more and it's enough. "

The other nodded and threw one more apple before climbing down the tree. She looked at Jiyeon who handed her the other basket.

"Should we go back or you want to add more fruits? " Bomsan asked causing Jiyeon to look at the basket she's holding. She smiled at the other.

"Is there any other fruit we could get here? "

"Well, my family planted grapes in the farm. We could go there and take some. "

"You don't sell those grapes? I thought that's the reason why people planted vegetables and fruits? "

Bomsan nodded. "We do, though we won't tell them. " she then laughed causing Jiyeon to look at her with wide eyes.

"Absolutely not! "

"Hey, I was just kidding! Why are you so serious? " the girl replied, shaking her head. "My parents don't mind if I take some and you're my friend so trust me. Plus we won't pick all of them, maybe just a two or three. "

"Ahh, I see. Alright, let's go! "

And the two began making their way towards Bomsan's family's grape farm.

The next day when Bomsan approaches Jiyeon for the first time, the girl went to their house and accompanied her when Jungwon left. And since then, Bomsan always accompany Jiyeon. She even sometimes asked the other to go and get some woods or fruits, anything you could find in the mountain and invite her to eat in their house.

You could say they became friends. Bomsan is fun, she is just like Chaeha but she's more louder and less innocent than the other.

Sometimes, Jiyeon would just sat there and just listen to whatever Bomsan blabbers. She swear, the girl just loves to talk a lot and loves to walk around a lot.

And that was how they ended up picking fruits from the trees in the mountains. It was Bomsan's plans and Jiyeon just so happen to agree since she doesn't have anything to do in the house.

"What time does Jungwon usually arrived in your house? " Bomsan asked, glancing at Jiyeon next to her.

"Around five? It actually depends. But mostly, he went home at five. Why? "

The other gave her a smile and Jiyeon knew the meaning of those smiles.

"It's still early, want to come pick some woods? "

Jiyeon could not help but to giggle when the other cocked her brows up and down. She shook her head.

"I'm actually a bit tired to go back in the woods, plus I need to clean the house. It's the only thing I could do to help Jungwon. "

It's true. Up until now, Jiyeon have not learned cooking. So she always clean the house so Jungwon won't worry about the cleaning.

He's already tired from his work and when he arrives home, he would cook foods for them since she couldn't, instead of going to rest after a tiring day.

Even though the man tells her that it is alright, that he is not tired or what, Jiyeon could still manage to see the exhaustion behind his eyes. Behind those smiles he would give her after coming home.

And one of the reasons why Jiyeon always go with Bomsan in the mountain to pick some fruits or vegetables, is for the foods to be ready to be cooked instead of Jungwon going out to find something to cook once he arrives.

It's been days since their arrival at the village. And those days, Jiyeon never felt so happy, so carefree and the peacefulness.... It is too good to be true.

Yes, sometimes it's tough, especially that they literally have nothing other than some coins in their pockets. Yes, sometimes there would be a misunderstanding between them which they always find a way to resolve as they, especially the man, won't let them sleep at night without talking, resolving the problem or the root of the misunderstanding they had.

"I don't know, it's really funny when the goat ate all the vegetables in the farm that day. My mom was in rage when that happened while my dad was so stressed like it's so so funny yet intimidating at the same time. "

Jiyeon laughed at Bomsan's story all the while they are walking back to the village where their houses are. Jiyeon opened her mouth to utter a reply but the other being loud and talkative, beat her first.

"And you see that tree? " Bomsan asked, pointing at the tree they passed by. Jiyeon nodded. "I saw a rabbit there before, it's so cute and fluffy so I took her home and now, she's being taken care of at the farm. We should have checked on her earlier when we went in the farm to harvest some grapes. "

"Really? "

"Yes!! It's so cute. I wanted to take care of it my own but my parents do not allow such animals to live in our house so I had no choice but to take it to the farm..... I'm tired. Aren't you tired? I'm out of my breath"

Jiyeon laughed, shaking her head. She can be able to see the village from where they are.

"It's because you keeps on talking while we're moving. That makes you out of breath and more tired than usual. " she replied in a matter of fact tone.

The other looked at her, eyes couldn't believe what she heard. "Oh really? I didn't know that. "

She hummed. "Don't worry though, we're close at the village. "

Bomsan nodded upon seeing the village not that far from them. But just when Jiyeon thought the other would not talk anymore, well, you could say she was wrong as Bomsan started blabbering once again, sharing her random stories about animals in the mountains that she encountered until they arrived at the village.

At Jiyeon and Jungwon's house to be exact as it is the closest house in the mountain.

"See you again tomorrow? "

Jiyeon nodded while waving her hand to Bomsan who started walking towards the direction of the other houses. "See you and thanks for these! " She says, lifting the basket full of fruits.

Once Bomsan is far, Jiyeon decided to get inside.

The latter was expecting Jungwon to arrive home later today, just like the usual hour he goes home. And that explains the surprise in her face when she saw the man sitting on the stool, body facing the door.

"Hi? "

And just like what Jiyeon always does whenever the man arrives, she did not waste any second as she practically flew towards him, both of her arms wrapping his figure as she engulfed him in a hug.

"You're here! You're so early, I missed you! "

Jungwon laughed, shaking his head. "I don't smell good, you sure you still want to hug me? "

"I don't care, I stink too so it's fair. Don't you missed me? "

Jungwon, once again, chuckled. He ruffled her lover's locks. "I always miss you, my beloved. "

Jiyeon let out a sigh of contentment, eyes closing as she leaned on him, to her dearest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 673 34
In the beautiful countryside of late-Victorian England a young girl is forced to live with her grandparents. Everyday is the same and everyone is the...
28.4K 1.2K 23
A story about a girl named Minyoung who suddenly get close with her long time crush who rejected her before.Lot of things happened but will both of t...
4.6K 466 11
Duke Jungwon did not expect to fall in love with Saito Mai, a mere slave. He showed great leadership right from the very start, yet he showed no inte...
297K 27.4K 52
The East Kingdom's princess was known to die in a very tragic way. But it was still unknown and controversial until now. No one knew who she got marr...