From Alpha To Omega

By TEEN_FIX

๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐€๐ฅ๐ฉ๐ก๐š ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ ๐š : ๐๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ž๐ž๐ง๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ Heyyy...Bro, dud... More

About this community
LONELINESS
FRIENDSHIP
FAKE FEMINISM
SOCIAL MEDIA EFFECTS
HARRASMENT
Among Us
Procrastination
Overconfidence During Exams
"Fake Friends"
Anger management
Problems With Parents
ยฐ Myths Of Teens ยฐ
ยฐ Self Harm ยฐ
โ€ข Mother's Day Special โ€ข
ยฐ Dealing With Grief ยฐ
ยฐBody Positivityยฐ
ยฐ Racism ยฐ
* Comparison With Siblings *
โ€ข โ„™. โ„. ๐•†. ๐”น. ๐•€. ๐”ธ. ๐•Š โ€ข
โ€ข Academic Issues โ€ข

โ€ข Online Trolling โ€ข

11 2 0
By TEEN_FIX

When the computer screen turns on, you are bombarded with insults. You hear a voice from behind you.

Unknown: Now that’s no way to be greeted, is it? I’m Tanvi and my team and I are here to help you!

You are grateful that Tanvi and the three other people behind her are there for you. You don’t like it when those bullies mess with you.

Tanvi: I know it can be so overwhelming sometimes. But, not to worry, we’re here to explain all about what trolling is and how to avoid/combat it.

You: Trolling?

Tanvi: That’s what this is called. When a person insults another online just to apprise controversy in that community. There are various forms of trolling, but this one is called cyber bullying.

Tanvi: And, don’t worry, you don’t have to be scared anymore. I found this meme online and thought it resembled trolls quite well.

Tanvi reaches for her phone and shows you the picture.

You laugh. You’re already starting to feel better thanks to Tanvi! But what about the rest of the crew? As if reading your mind, Tanvi answers.

Tanvi: And these are my teammates, Divya, Zohra, and Mags! Divi will be sharing a story with us about a social media enthusiast who was only trying to do some good, but instead got harassed by online trolls. Go on, Divi!

Divya: Oh, I will, but first let me give another example of what a troll could do and a little bit more about what it is.

They could go into an online discussion on astronomy and insist that the earth is flat in order to provoke an emotional and verbal response from community members.

Although the term “trolling” has become a part of mainstream conversation, its connotations can undermine the seriousness of the abuse targets face. The language we use to describe a problem has a huge impact on how we approach it, and ultimately, how we solve it.
If you don’t agree with the thing being said you can always walk away from there nobody is going to force you to watch it.

I know, it seems quite weird that someone would do this. But, what I like to do to lighten the mood is to imagine what their face would look like if someone agreed. Something like this, probably:

Divya: Now, to the story that Tanvi so beautifully introduced!
There was a girl in her late teens around nineteen years old Nancy who was an active member on social media. She was posting her opinions and letting people know the actual reality of the world on social media. She was also spreading awareness on a lot of things which are known as myths for most of us.

As it always happens, people criticize good work more than they appreciate it. Many hate comments, hate direct messages. They were literally trolling everything she posted by criticizing her every move. Isn't social media a way to express ourselves?

Nancy tries to get over the hatred in every possible way she could but it ended up disturbing her mental health and people started putting explicit content on her profile and tagging her in videos which are very irritating. All this was done just because she was stating her opinion and expressig her views which a lot of others on the internet didn’t agree with.

There are many people like Nancy who might never come in front of the world because of the hatred people spread on them and the irritating things which disturbs one's mental health. Just because you have a good internet speed and a keyboard to type anything and everything to intrude into someone’s opinions and their point of views isn't the right thing to do.

The end! Hope you enjoyed and learned something!

Mags: Thanks for the lovely story, Divi! It’s such a shame that people actually do this! At least have the guts to do it in person if you do it at all, even though you shouldn’t. Oh wait, maybe it’s smart of them not to troll in person. Something like this could happen:

Zohra: Okay, Mags, let’s calm down. I know they make you angry, but they’re people too. People that are like insects and just never stop attacking, but people nonetheless. Speaking of which, my favorite meme on this particular topic of incessant trolling:

Everyone laughs. You’re beginning to love these people who help you so much. You will always appreciate this moment. After a few more spats of laughter, Tanvi took control once again.

Tanvi: Alright, enough of that. Let’s get into some tips on how to deal with online trolling!

Don’t Let Them Grab The Spotlight
Trolls are mostly unknown persons who desperately seek the spotlight. There is nothing they hate more than having their attention stolen from them. Ignore them, and you suffocate their sinister plans to death.

Don’t Get Into An Argument With Them
Getting into a long thread of argument with a troll is a self-defeating idea. Do not play their game. Do not step into the virtual fighting arena set up for you. You would most probably lose in a humiliating way because they have a long experience of hitting below the belt.

Don’t Respond To A Troll With Anger
It’s hard to respond to hate with kindness. But since trolls are usually looking for a fight, reacting with an opposite approach often stops them in their tracks.

Block, Ban, or Report Trolls
While this option is more tedious, it’s sometimes necessary if you have a troll that just won’t stop.
Stand up for yourself.
Do not give a troll power over your life. Instead of dwelling on your embarrassment, stand up for yourself. This does not mean responding to the troll, but instead block him and report his behaviors to the proper authorities.

Disarm Them with Humor

Much like with kindness, trolls aren’t usually equipped to respond to humor. Their goal is to make people mad, not make them laugh. However, be cautious with a humorous approach. It’s easy to cross the line and become offensive in the eyes of your audience.

Have Friends-Only Social Profiles
This solution is pretty cut-and-dried. If you don’t want random trolls commenting on your posts, keep them private. Obviously, this won’t work if you’re a business, influencer, or someone who needs to reach the public, but it’s an easy way to keep your personal profile safe.

Decompress Before You Reply

Before you type a response, try this: Take a deep breath. Walk away for a few minutes (minimum). Remind yourself it’s not personal, and it’s not worth getting upset. When you’re composed enough to return and address the issue, try to keep a clear, open mind. Replying when you’re angry isn’t going to end in a peaceful resolution.

Tanvi: And that’s the end. I hope we all helped you a bit!

You: You definitely did! I learned a lot of helpful things and you guys made me laugh so hard that I forgot about those bullies! Thank you so much!

Alpha to Omega Team: It is our pleasure and duty to help you. Don’t you forget it! Now, bye and live happily!

Memes credits  : sidneetlover13

Draft credits : chaotic_naturx

Quote collection credits : TanviSowgandika

Story credits : Sakshidevi712

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 8.2K 137
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
50.1K 1K 94
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
210K 1.1K 196
Mature content
56.7K 1.9K 69
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...