To be Hated (ON HOLD)

By BlackRose779

Severus is hated. Hated by his peers, hated by his father, hated by, it seems, the world. The marauders, in... More

1.
2.
4.
5
6
AN
7
8.
9.
A/N

3.

2.6K 71 14
By BlackRose779

POV: Severus Snape <3 <3 <3

Eventually Madam Pomphrey shoos Lily and the Marauders out of the hospital wing and I'm left to my thoughts.

A dangerous thing to be alone with I've found.

The older witch tries getting me to eat but I decline, ignoring the concerned glance she sends me.

She doesn't need to worry, really. I've gone longer than a few days without food...And anyways I'm not hungry.

Sighing I take to staring at the ceiling again, nothing better or more interesting to do in a hospital wing.

Besides, Madam Pomphrey threatened to bewitch me to my bed should I try to leave.

Terrifying woman at times.

And she left me with not even a book to read, or homework to study.

This it going to be a long visit...

---

"What exactly are we doing here again?"

"I'm hungry."

"The hell if I know, I agreed to leave him be not keep him company."

"I'm hungry."

"Should we wake him up or something?"

"Can we go get food or can I eat his?"

"No, he doesn't get enough sleep as it is let's not disturb him. We can wait."

Hushed voices speak, poking at my consciousness as I begin to wake.

One in particular, the last one to speak, stands out to me especially.

Lily?

I'm too tired to deal with her right now...

"He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. I wish you could see him when he was happy."

Lily continues.

I mentally will her to shut. Up.

"And when was that?" Another voice whispers back.

There's a long pause of silence and I think she's not going to answer.

I'm just about to fall asleep once more when Lily finally answers

"A long time ago..."

Silence ensues and I drift in and out of consciousness.

It's a seemingly long time until anyone speaks again, and when i hear what she has to say I wish she hadn't.

"Severus is really a sweetheart let me tell you. He is possible the grestest friend ive ever had. And i know he may seem all mean and tough but--"

I decide it's time to speak.

"Lily, do you ever shut up?" I groan, opening my eyes slowly.

Lily squeaks and punchs my arm, sending a shock of pain up my shoulder.

Grimacing slightly I flinch.

"Don't scare me like that Severus Tobias Snape!" She shrieks.

I swallow back the nausea that never fails to rise in me when someone yells.

Now's not the time.

"And you always get on to me for eavesdropping!" Lily shouts, not noticing my discomfort.

Lily is a great friend, truly she is, but sometimes she can be rather ignorant.

"I haven't meant to be eavesdropping, but it's a bit hard when you won't stop talking. And so loudly I might add." I snark back.

"Believe me, if I had my way I'd just sleep forever, id be better than hearing you ramble on..."

This is around the time I start to notice the others surrounding my bed.

A scowl places itself firmly on my face as I recognize the marauders.

Potter and Black are glaring at me, Lupin is looking back and forth between lily and I, and Pettigrew is eyeing a tray of food on my bedside.

I sit up on my pillows and stare at the opposite wall.

"Get out." I deadpan.

"Fine by us we--" Potter and Black begin to move but one look from lily stops them in their tracks.

"Unless you'd like to join him in here as his fellow patients I suggest you stay put." Lily says.

I scoff.

"Oh please, like you'd actually hit them. You'd be too busy fan-girling over Potter's hair to land a hit." I smirk when both Lily and Potter go red.

"I. Do. Not. Fan. Girl. O. Ver. Potter." Lily says, punctuating every word with a smack on my arm.

I flinch and catch her hand.

"Ugh, forget my father my real abuser is you." I joke, smirking.

Lily's eyes go wide and she gasps.

"Oh Sev I'm so sorry! I don't know how I forgot I'm so s--"

"Lily Lily Lily! Calm down I was joking! I was joking! Merlin no need to freak out!" I exclaim.

"That's not funny Sev! What kind of a joke is that!?" The red headed girl half yells.

I roll my eyes.

"It was a little funny..." I mutter

"And it's my kind of joke Lily. I make jokes like that all the time and you never get this upset."

"Yeah well that was before--"

"Before what Lily? Before you knew the severity of my home life? Before you knew I wanted to die before what Lily?"

Lily's mouth gapes.

"Recent...developments should change anything between us." I say quietly.

"I'm still the same intolerable git I was before..." I smirk and Lily smiles.

"Besides," My amused smirk fades, "I don't need anyone's sympathy."

For a few long moments we are all silent.

"So..." i clear my throat, "...is there a reason you interrupted my sleep?" I say to Lily, she smiles and gives me a look.

"Yes, actually. Madam Pomphrey says that you're free to go when it's lunch time, but that you'll need these." Lilly says, turning and grabbing a pair of crutches.

I roll my eyes.

"I don't understand why she must always coddle me. I will be perfectly fine without them." I say.

"Sev your leg is broken. So severely in fact Madam said that healing it with magic would cause it to heal incorrectly.

"So you have to do it the natural way. With crutches and a cast." Lily says, almost upbeat.

"You seem far too happy about this situation." I joke, rolling my eyes.

Lily laughs and the Marauders look as if they don't know whether or not to laugh.

They are obviously not accustomed to my humor.

Maybe if you said things like they were jokes and not death threats they would laugh more often.

"Anyways, why wait until lunch I'm perfectly fine now." I insist as I begin to get up.

"No no no, Madam Pomphtey specifically told me --" Lily starts.

"Yes and I am specifically telling you to hand me those crutches and get out of my way lily." I snap.

Lily rolls her eyes but hands them to me regardless.

"You don't have to be such a douche about it Snape." Black glares and I sneer.

"Boys." Lily says sternly and we both stop glaring at one another.

"Lousy mutt." I mumble under my breath, unsure if he heard me, as I get out of bed.

Lily steps back and allows me to take a few steps forward.

A few steps is all I can manage before almost collapsing.

"Severus!" She exclaims, rushing forward to catch me.

I quickly right myself and brush her off with an inpatient wave of my hand.

"I'm fine Lily I'm fine, there's no need to mother me." I grumble and she fixes me with her famous Lily glare.

I swallow thickly and look at my feet.

"So, shall we be going or are we just going to stand here like fools all after noon." I roll my eyes and lily's gaze softens.

"Alright, but you're sitting me with us today." She says, and all of us, save her and Lupin, erupt with protest.

"No way is Snivelly sitting--"

"But he - I mean - we didn't agree to--"

"But he'll probably ruin the meal--"

"I'd rather just stay here in the hospital wing for the rest of the day--"

All of our voice overlap.

"No no no! Enough! I do not want to hear it!" Lily exclaims over us and we all fall silent.

She glares at each one of us in turn.

"You are hurt and it's my job as your friend to make sure you heal. So you will do what I say and you will not complain like a child!" She says through gritted teeth.

Bloody scary woman.

☆☆☆

I finally got around to updating this omgggg!!!!!!

It's been so long

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1.2K 18
Where Regulus Black has lost himself and James Potter has not found himself. Both of them are missing something in their lives. There is only hope th...
318K 10.6K 18
MAIN STORY FINISHED, ADDITIONAL MATERIAL STILL BEING POSTED Severus had always believed that romance wasn't for him. Everyone else believed him to be...
239K 5.9K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...
11.2K 365 38
When Severus graduates from Hogwarts, he finally makes the decision to live every second of his life. So, at 18, he takes back his life from the deat...