The Warrior Inside

By ZakuraAmethyst

"You have something inside of you, something that hasn't been seen in a very long time Mia." Meet Mia Swift... More

The New Arrival
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 8

134 12 2
By ZakuraAmethyst

Hi everybody! I'm back~. I haven't updating much and I'm so sorry for that. School took up a lot of time and I was trying to get my storyline. I also changed The knight Silam to Silas because It sounded better. I don't know, what about you? Anyway, let's get on with the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you have up your sleeve, Mia?" Jas asked suspiciously as she took the food for the second course.

"What do you mean? I'm just going to give that Tusaine barbarian what he so richly deserves, " Mia said innocently as she pilled the plates on top of her tray and a jar full of gravy. Balancing the tray and the jar,she walked towards to where the Tusaine knights are sitting. Quietly, Mia laid the plates in front of the Tusaine knight. The second course happened to be steak with a side of mash potatoes. Mia poured the hot gravy on top of the knight's plates and move on the next. However, she made sure that Silas was the last person she served.

Finally Mia reached Silas. As she was placing the second course in front of him, she could see that he was staring at chest and behind. As Mia was reaching for the jar of gravy, Silas whispered flirtatiously,"Hey. How about you visit my room later?" He groped Mia's behind as he winked at her suggestively. Mia thought this whole experience was disgusting. She forced a smile as she poured the gravy on the potatoes.

As she was pouring the gravy, Mia's hand 'slipped' and the hot gravy spilled on Silas lap. Silas jumped up and cursed at Mia. The whole table was surprised at Sir Silas's outburst

"How dare you! You did that on purpose!" he cried at Mia, enraged.

"Sir Silas, I did no such thing. I am quite clumsy and I'm a new, please forgive me," Mia said, feigning innocence as bowed her head.

"Clumsy?! You did that on purpose just because I touched you! " Silas shouted at Mia.

Silas did not register what he saying until he was finished but by then the damage was done. The people of Tortall and Scanra was looking at him with disgust while the people from Tusaine shifted in their seat, looking uncomfortable.

Mia hid a smile behind her hair that covered her face as she bowed to Silas.

"Well, he did not have to wait long to receive his deserts."

"Well, Sir Silas I think you should change out of your pants. If you leave in there too long, the stain might not come off," King Jonathan said, looking at Silas, with a unknown glint in his eyes.

"O-of course, Your Majesty. Please excuse me," Silas bowed to King Jonathan and left the room but not before throwing a spiteful look at Mia.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for Silas' behaviour. I'm pretty sure-." the Duke Heath was trying to apologize but was cut short by His Majesty holding up his hand.

"Don't bother coming up with excuses, Duke Heath. Your are not able to justify his action," he spoke lightly but there was a coldness beneath his tone.

"Of course, Your Majesty. Please forgive me." Duke Heath stammered. The banquet continued but there was an air of tension and uncomfortableness in the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that was interesting and not awkward at all, Mia," Jas said as they were walking back to their rooms.

"Look, my hand slipped. I was clumsy and I got the punishment for it," Mia replied.

Miss Sina gave Mia a terrific lecture and appointed her to serve one of the Ladies from Tusaine for the whole three weeks the nobles will be in Tortall. The lady she was to serve is Lady Barbara Lousina and she was rumoured to be spoilt and treats servants horribly. During the lecture, Mia could tell that Miss Sina was not at all angry with her but Miss Sina had to honor one of the key rules that if a serving girl mades a mistake, she had to be punished for it.

"Yeah, well Miss Sina had to punish for your 'accident'. Well at least, Sir Silas is going to be sent home next morning, " Jas smiled at Mia.

"I have to go. I have to meet Lady Lousina in her room and prepare her bed," Mia made a face as she marched off to the Lady's chambers.

Mia was about to knock on the door when suddenly someone grabbed her from behind and dragged her away from the door. Mia kicked the assailant repeatedly but he did not even flinched once. She tried to scream but the assailant covered her mouth with his gloved hand. Mia was dragged in to an empty room and was thrown on the bed. Mia scrambled to sit up and faced the assailant at the foot of the bed.

Sir Silas stood there, a frightening smile on his lips as he  looked at Mia in such a way that gave her goosebumps but Mia was not about to show that she was afraid.

"Sir Silas, if you needed me, you could have call for me instead for dragging me into this room. What is it that you need?" Mia kept her tone light as she tried to worm her way out of this dangerous situation.

Sir Silas laughed cruelly. "Don't act innocent girl. You know why I dragged you here."

Mia tried to calm down her racing heart as she said,"Sir Silas, if this is about the accident at dinner, I-."

"Of course, it's about your little 'accident' at dinner! Do you how much your little slip up cost me? I'm considered an embarrassment to Tusaine. Me! Duke Heath is disappointed with me, I'm forced to go back home and there the Tisane Court is pending whether I should be stripped of my shield and title! And it's all because of you!" Sir Silas shouted, his face contorted with anger.

"Sir Silas, I was clumsy and my hand slipped. I apologise for my actions. Please forgive my clumsiness," Mia

"Oh no, I don't forgive quite easily. Now you will pay the price for your clumsiness, " Silas said

Silas launched himself on Mia, pushing her body against the bed. Mia tried to kick him between his legs but being stronger and heavier, Silas easily blocks her legs and pins them down to the bed. "No, let me go!" Mia screamed as she raised her hands in a defensive position, shutting her eyes tightly as she looked away.

Suddenly, there was a strong gush of wind and Silas flew across the room. He hit the wall and shrieked in pain as he fell to the floor. Mia's eyes flew open at the sound of Silas's shout and was surprised that Silas "What in the world?" Mia looked at her hands, wondering what in Mithros happened.

Silas was just as shock as she was but it was replaced with rage. He shouted angrily and charged towards Mia. Before she could do anything, a cloaked man suddenly appeared before her and tackled Silas. He punched Silas in face, breaking his nose, kneed him in the gut and threw on the floor. Sir Silas held his bleeding nose as he glared angrily at the cloaked men.

"If you want to attack someone, you should make sure that the door is actually closed. Is this how a knight should act, attacking women because you think they were the reason for your disgrace? What happen to your honour?" the cloaked man said icily as he looked at Silas. Mia looked at her saviour in shock. She recognised the voice. It was Luke of Tirragen!

"You're one to talk, Luke of Tirragen. Didn't your dear uncle betrayed the King? The same King who trusted him and earned his shield by swearing to protect the King and his family and to serve his country till the end? Where's his honour?" Silas shot back at Luke.

Mia saw Luke's body tense up but he recovered immediately."Just because he betrayed Tortall, doesn't mean I'm the same as him. Family relations does not make me similar to him. Now leave Silas, I'm heard your shield and title might be stripped from you. I sure you would want any more accident which might push the Court towards that decision, do you? " Luke pointed towards the door. Knowing that Luke had the upper hand, Silas left the room in rage.

Silence settled between them after Silas left the room.  Mia cleared her throat."Thank you for saving me," Mia looked at Luke.

"Stupid," Luke muttered loud enough for Mia to hear.

"Excuse me?How am I stupid?" Mia exclaimed angrily as she looked at the cloaked man.

For the first time today, Luke turned around and finally looked at Mia, straight into her eyes. "If you actually held your temper and not tried to teach that barbarian a lesson, you wouldn't be in this mess! And don't try to deny that it wasn't on purpose. You could have done it somewhere else where he would not be humiliated in front of the Tusaine, Scanra and the Tortall officials. You also strained the political relations between Tortall and Tusaine, maybe even Scanra, which hopefully will not escalate into something bigger!"

Luke's harsh words sink into Mia as she realised what her action could have caused and if Luke was not walking past...Mia shuddered, not wanting to think about it.

"You're right. I should have held my temper. I'm sorry." Mia looked down on the floor, feeling slightly guilty.

There was a soft rustling of cloth and Mia felt a comforting weight being placed on her shoulders. She looked up in surprise to see Luke beside her and his cloak on her shoulders.

"You're clothes are torn. Cover yourself with my cloak. Don't feel too guilty, he had it coming. " Luke said gruffly before he turned around and headed towards the door. Mia wrapped the brown cloak tightly around her body and whispered "Thank you", unsure if he heard her. But Mia could have sworn that she saw a small smile on Luke's face before he left.

Mia breathed in deeply, smelling the faint scent of wood and hay on Luke's cloak which calm her down greatly.

"I guess he's not a complete jerk after all," Mia smiled slightly, as she gripped the clock more tightly around her, enveloping her in sense of security and comfort she needed for a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 194 30
'What would be your last thoughts if you knew, your life was to be taken, in less than the blink of an eye? How would you live being in constant fear...
236 18 179
The Non-Human Society is a shell of its former self. Its members are scattered, lost, and alone... and few if any have the will to fight any longer. ...
80.2K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
1.9K 565 31
When her dad gets a new job, Mia Patterson and her family are forced to move to San Francisco. After Mia discovers that she can create and control li...