Sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇs [ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ]

By Anni-Nessie_Jimsy

⭑Soft One-shots about Anakin and Ahsoka, including the 501st and the Bad Batch⭑ "What's a soulmate?" "It's a... More

[norm] Come Back
[short] Sunrise (Anisoka)
[short] No Return
[long] Anxiety
[short] "I Left"

[norm] The Empire

230 10 5
By Anni-Nessie_Jimsy

For this OS to make sense just figure that Anakin resisted the dark side and Palpatine had some other Jedi chosen as his new apprentice (order 66 still happening, also everything in tcw s7, and tbb up to some point as well)

Anakin felt lost. He felt lost and confused. And betrayed.
Surprisingly, though - considering the last few months - it wasn't the Jedi Council that was the flashpoint for those feelings.

His steps echoed through the deserted streets of the mountainous planet, Ord Mantell.

Only two weeks ago it looked like the Republic would finally win the war; how blind they'd been.
Two weeks ago he had an exquisite dinner with Padmé and later cradled her in his arms, gently fondling the big baby bulge of his wife, awaiting precious little twins to be born soon. It almost killed him that he wouldn't be present at their birth.
And then, just that night, everything changed so fast. One moment unconfined peace filled the air, the next a tremor went through the force and he was packing. Packing his stuff to flee to protect his family. It wasn't much to pack though to be honest. He barely had anything material.

A cloaked figure crept through the shadows of the taller buildings, its flashing eyes fixed on Anakin.

They had decided that it would probably be best if Padmé stayed in the Senate and took care of their children, Luke and Leia, as they had already named them. But since Order 66 had been proclaimed, Anakin - as a Jedi - had to take cover and try his best not to involve his family into the persecution until they could find a way for all four of them to live together safely.

Stressed by the gazes on him, he ducked into the next alley, finding himself standing in front of some decrepit bar titled Cid's, and since he felt signatures approaching behind him in the main street, he decided to go in and take cover for a while, hoping that by the look of it not many people where inside.

His hopes were confirmed as he stepped in, being greeted by stale air. It was even better than he had hoped for. Not a single soul seemed to be here.

"Lookin' for someone?"

Anakin whirled around to where the voice came from. A short female Trandoshian stood in the doorway leading somewhere to the back of the bar, probably some private rooms. Why hadn't he sensed her?

He wearily shook his head. "Noone, just a place to stay for a while."

She grunted. "Well, don't make yourself a home here," she turned her back at him, peeking over her shoulder, "If you want a drink though, shout."

He nodded politely, "Thank you."

⭑✶⭑

Their temples collectively hurt. But they where thankful Rex had insisted on removing those death-bringing inhibitor chips. Otherwise - Hunter didn't even want to think about what would have happened if - Wrecker's would have activated on a mission, at Cid's parlor or worse, being alone with Omega.

Although the Reg was about to leave back on Bracca, Hunter was able to convince him to stay at least a little while longer with them. They now where all together on the Havoc Marauder in hyperspace on their way back to Ord Mantell.
Wrecker was with Omega, trying to make up for what happened, even though she had told him multiple times it was okay, it wasn't his fault. She agreed to play another game of Dejarik with him, knowing it would cheer him up to do something she liked and think of anything but their most recent mission.
Meanwhile Tech was busy with his data pad, analysing and reading. Echo was watching their flight, chatting with Rex about the good old times. Time by time there fell names like 'Skywalker' and 'Kenobi', also other regs where mentioned.
And Hunter, well, Hunter stood there, leaned against the wall, watching his squad, almost lost in thought.

A gentle rumble went through the ship as they excited hyperspace. Not long after, they were diving through the clouds into the atmosphere above Ord Mantell City. Minutes later, the familiar grimy, garbage-strewn alleyway came into sight and they passed the entrance of Cid's, scuttling down the staircase.

Omega was the first to stride in, wondering about the new face sitting at the place Rex had been before they met. Next one to come was Hunter right away, stopping in an instant making Echo and Tech stumble into him. He would have expected anyone but him sitting there.

⭑✶⭑

Anakin briefly looked up when a little blond girl strode into the bar, followed by - clones.

He was immediately on guard, although, something about them felt different than those serving the empire. And then he recognized the black and red armor, Hunter standing in the doorway with Echo and Tech bumped into him.
The moment Hunter was pushed forward and an oh so familiar blue and white armor peeked out from under a cloak, Anakin saw the man he hadn't thought to ever see again. His most loyal - well, not speaking of order 66 obviously - captain and best friend, Rex.

He stood up, waiting for them to join him. He could tell Rex had noticed him the moment he faltered in his pace. And he permanently checked the force for any sign of threat. There was none.

It didn't take long until the five clones stood in front of him in a row, the little girl confusedly closing the gap on them. A synchronous "General" greeted him by his rank, as if they were still at war. Rex was the first one to notice there was no need of formality anymore, so he stepped forward, pulling his friend into a hug, mumbling "I'm glad you survived."

Anakin cracked a smile, "You too, old friend."

"You're not planing for me to give another one fleeing the empire custody, are ya?" That female voice again.

They parted from their embrace.

"No Cid, no worries, he won't bother you," Hunter assured her.

She scowled at them for a moment, then lightened her gaze, "Fine, now c'mon, stop dragging your feet, let's get to buissnes, you've got debts to repay!" With that she dissappeared to the rear.

Their leader sighed. "Alright, we better not keep her waiting. Tech, Wrecker, you'll come with me. Echo and Rex stay here, you have a lot to talk with the general I assume. Have a look on Omega, would you?"

The blond grimaced. She wasn't a baby. She didn't need someone to watch her. In her opinion at least.

So the three went off, following where the Trandoshian had left.

"First, so you know, we all removed our inhibitor chips. The one's Fives warned me about," Rex started.
Anakin nodded grimly.
"And we're not serving the empire, clearly," Echo added.

"Who is he?" Omega's bright voice suddenly jumped in, asking her brothers.
The two men looked at each other, they had totally forgotten that the girl hadn't met their general yet.

"My name's Anakin, pleased to meet you," the Jedi introduced himself before they could.
She smiled, "I'm Omega!"

"She's a clone, like us." Anakin looked up at the Batcher in surprise. "She is?" he asked, "You are?"
The girl nodded proudly.

Suddenly, however, Anakin's humor changed into a very serious expression. "Rex, I need you to tell me something about order 66," his tone was sorrowful.
The clone hesitantly nodded, waiting for his friend to go on, although he already had a precise idea of what he wanted to know.

"What happened to the Tribunal?" he carefully asked, actually not eager to know the answer. But he needed to be sure of what happened to his men and-
"It crashed on a moon," Rex simply stated. Anakin looked at him confused. He had envisioned multiple scenarios but that. "How did that happen?" he therefore kept on questioning.

Rex put his hand on the table behind his friend, fingers clenched into fists. "Well, Maul destroyed the hyperdrive what caused the ship to fall out of hyperspace."
"Maul escaped?" The Jedi seemed dismayed and shifted to face Rex head-on. His counterpart was about to find the right words to explain: "Not... exactly, general. Ahsoka let him out."
That confused him for good. "What? Why?"
The clone almost chuckled as the man's reaction was just the same like his own back when the Togruta had told him. So he merely repeated what she gave him as an answer that day: "Diversion."

Anakin still looked surprised, but had to admit it was quite something he could have done in her position. That's when it finally suck into his brain. "So Ahsoka survived?" he inquired, not daring to hope until that moment.
"She was the one who removed my inhibitor chip when the order came out," Rex narrated, until he noticed that wasn't quite a plain answer and added, "Yes, she survived the order."

It was like finally there was some light in the darkness. But Anakin could tell something was off, as the clone continued.
"But we parted ways, cut off contact to protect each other. Made it look like we both died in the crash."

They all went silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Anakin, I don't know where she is or if she's alright, physically at least."

⭑✶⭑

Omega felt sorry for them. Apparently this Ahsoka was important to all three of them, judging by their crestfallen faces. Echo seemed to be newly introduced to Rex's informations as well as General Anakin.

So all she felt she could do was giving them a side-hug around their waists, since she was too short to fully embrace her brothers.

But that seemed to help a little. They slung their arms around her. They still had her, and she swore to herself she would protect them.

For all. her. life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
80.1K 2.9K 50
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
133K 4.7K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
714K 26.2K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...