Finding The Light

By Rhysee

Belle Sparrow is an ordinary girl, living with an ordinary guardian, in an ordinary world. Actually it's all... More

Belle Sparrow (edited)
A Visitor (edited)
The Train (Edited)
The Sorting (Edited)
Classes, Teachers and Flying (Edited)
Trick or Troll (edited)
Quidditch And Curses (edited)
Christmas Part 1 (edited)
Christmas Part 2 (edited)
Back To School (edited)
Hagrid's Egg (edited)
Norbert The Dragon (edited)
Caught (edited)
Detention With Malfoy (edited)
The Dead Unicorn (edited)
Hagrid's Mistake (edited)
Harry's Plan (edited)
Trials 1, 2 And 3 (edited)
Through The Fire (edited)
The Turban (edited)
Belle and Harry 1 - Voldemort 0 (edited)
Parting ways (edited)
End Of Summer (edited)
Car Vs Tree (edited)
Lockhart (edited)
Changing Hair (edited)
Pest Control (edited)
Detention And Voices (edited)
The Party Invitation (edited)
The Voice (edited)
How Embarassing (edited)
The Legend And The Diary (edited)
Bones And Dueling (edited)
Parseltongue And Presents (edited)
Polyjuice Potion (edited)
The Horror Of Valentines Day (edited)
Down Into The Chambers (edited)
Harry And Belle 2 - Voldemort 0 (edited)
The Explanation (edited)
End Of Term (edited)

Seeker and Duels (edited)

39 1 1
By Rhysee

Again sorry if this one is short i'm just trying to space it all out decently so it's not too long and stuff :P

-

Harry joined us again at dinner and I spat my pumpkin juice all over Ron who was gaping at Harry in just as much shock as I felt.

"Seeker?" he asked, "But first years never - you must be the youngest house player in about a-"

"-Century," Harry told us, "Wood told me. I start training next week. Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret."

"Well done," George said in a low voice as he and Fred came up behind us, "Wood told us. We're on the team too - Beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school."

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you."

"It's amazing," I said as I watched the twins leave, "They come, baffle you with twin talk, and vanish leaving you with no idea what happened."

"Having-"

"Ahh!" I yelled in shock, falling backwards off my seat, landing at Malfoy's feet. "God Dammit Blondie!" I huffed, getting back up. "These people are gonna kill me."

". . . a last meal Potter?" Malfoy asked, giving me a confused look, "When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?"

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," said Harry coolly.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own," said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only - no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

"Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

"Crabbe," Malfoy said. "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked."

"What is a wizard's duel?" I asked as soon as the prat was gone. "And what do you mean, you're Harry's second?"

"Well, a second's there to take over if you die," said Ron casually, "But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy will be able to do, Harry is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage. I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway."

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"

"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.

I wasn't going to mention the no contact rule, I wasn't that cruel, plus I wanted to see Malfoy get a black eye.

"Excuse me." Hermione spoke up.

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron groaned.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying -"

"Bet you could," Ron muttered.

"- and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you."

"And it's really none of your business," said Harry.

"Good-bye," said Ron.

Later that evening, i pulled on a sweater over my tank top and pyjama shorts, stuffing my wand up my sleeve as i crept up and through the empty Slytherin common room. It was odd, as i expected to see Malfoy doing the same but there was no sign of him or his goons.

It took me a few minutes to reach the Gryffindor common room, somehow not running into anyone, and i waited outside until Harry and Ron came out. Only to have Hermione following them, barking about rule breaking and points.

"Hey, Belle," the boys grinned, but Hermione kept talking, bringing us all down.

"Do you only care about yourselves, I don't want Slytherin - no offence Belle - to win the house cup, and you'll lose all the points I got from Professor McGonagall for knowing about Switching Spells."

"Hermione please, just leave it," I sighed.

"All right, but I warned you, you just remember what I said when you're on the train home tomorrow, you're so -"

Hermione went quiet and we all glanced back to see why, the Fat Lady was gone on a midnight visit.

"Now what am I going to do?"

"That's your problem," said Ron. "We've got to go, we're going to be late."

We almost reached the end of the corridor before she came up behind us, declaring she was coming. Then there was an odd noise, but it was just Neville who had fallen asleep on the stairs and then he decided he was coming too.

We reached the trophy room, but no one was there, I had a very bad feeling and decided to mention not seeing Malfoy around when i snuck out to meet them.

"Wouldn't he have already left?" Harry suggested.

"Maybe, if he was actually going to show up," i shrugged, "But this is Malfoy we're talking about, this could all very well be a trap to get us in trouble."

Hermione made a noise of agreement and Ron looked ready to say something but we all froze as we heard Filch coming out way. We tried to sneak off but Neville knocked over armour, the best thing we could do was run, so we did.

Somehow we ended up at Charms class, on the other side of the school in minutes. Filch had been chasing us but let's be honest, we were children and he was an old limping man, there was no way he could keep up with us.

"I think we've lost him," Harry panted, leaning against the wall.

"I think I need to exercise more," I complained, almost collapsing.

"I - told -you," Hermione gasped, "I - told - you."

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor tower," said Ron, "Quickly as possible."

"Malfoy tricked you," Hermione said to Harry. "You realize that, don't you? It's like Belle said, he was never going to meet you - Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room, Malfoy must have tipped him off."

Unfortunately, in our Mission Impossible moment, we ran into Peeves who started yelling. But as soon as he saw me he closed his mouth, eyes wide in terror and simply floated there.

It was almost as bad as the first time i saw him coming out of History of Magic - he'd screamed like he was terrified and yelled apologies to me as he ran or rather soared away. the poltergeist who barely behaved for the Bloody Baron, was terrified of little old me.

"Um, just you know," i shrugged at Peeves, "Keep quiet?"

Harry just gestured for us to go under him and into the room closest, and while he, Hermione and Ron pressed their ears against the door, Neville and i came face to face with something i really didn't think existed.

We both froze immediately, staring at it. Neville whimpered but Harry, Ron and Hermione weren't paying attention.

"Harry," I mumbled, and pulled on his top, again and again.

"What Belle - Oh," he gasped as he turned, seeing the three headed dog glaring down at us.

We fell back through the door and Harry and I struggled to get it closed as the dog did it's best to push it open. We didn't take a second's rest before bolting as far as we could. The fat lady was back and once we were in the safety of the common room, we all collapsed to our knees.

"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron asked finally. "If any dog needs exercise, that one does."

"You don't use your eyes, any of you, do you?" Hermione snapped.

"Hey, I spotted the trap door, so leave me out," I said defensively, she smiled apologetically.

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed," Hermione stormed off and Ron stuck the fingers up at her back.

"No, we don't mind," he said. "You'd think we dragged her along, wouldn't you?"

"And why's expelled worse than death?" I mumbled as I collapsed on the couch, "I'll just get my stuff in the morning, night boys."

"Night Belle."

It wasn't unusual for me to sleep in the common room of the Gryffindor tower, i was pretty sure the teachers were aware as well. But i was always up before anyone could tell.

Malfoy couldn't believe his eyes when he saw us the next morning, and I collapsed in hysterics at the stupid look on his face. Harry suggested to Ron and I - Hermione and Neville weren't talking to us - about the dog guarding whatever Hagrid had taken out of Gringotts.

That then left us trying to work out what it was. We were interrupted though, when a wrapped broomstick and a note landed in front of us, for Harry. I scowled at the fact the bloody owl had landed on my pancakes and every time i tried to reach for a bit of bacon it would peck at me. I wasn't paying it or giving it treats, that was for sure.

"A Nimbus Two Thousand!" Ron moaned enviously. "I've never even touched one."

We finished breakfast quickly and left, only to have Malfoy block the way to the stairs. seriously it was like he was stalking us or something, he always knew where to find us. He snatched the parcel from Harry, eying it carefully then threw it back.

"That's a broomstick," he said, "You'll be in for it this time, Potter, first years aren't allowed them."

"It's not any old broomstick," Ron said, unable to help himself, "it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?" Ron grinned at Harry and I. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle," Malfoy snapped back. "I suppose you and your brothers have to save up twig by twig."

"Malfoy, you're insecurities are showing."

"What?" he snarled.

"Jealousy doesn't look good written all over your face."

Harry and Ron snickered as the Slytherin boy fumed, looking like he was trying to make me explode into ashes with just his glare.

"Not arguing, I hope?" Flitwick squeaked as he appeared.

"Potter's been sent a broomstick, Professor," said Malfoy quickly.

"Yes, yes, that's right," said Flitwick, beaming at Harry. "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Potter. And what model is it?"

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, sir," said Harry, as we all tried not to laugh at the look of horror on Malfoy's face. "And it's really thanks to Malfoy here that I've got it," he added.

We headed upstairs, smothering laughter at Malfoy's obvious rage and confusion. If nothing that boy provided great entertainment.

"Well, it's true," Harry said as we reached the top, "If he hadn't stolen Neville's Rememberall I wouldn't be on the team. . ."

"So I suppose you think that's a reward for breaking rules?" Hermione said disapprovingly as she came out of no where.

"I thought you weren't speaking to us?" Harry said casually.

"Yes, don't stop now," said Ron, "it's doing us so much good."

I couldn't help but snicker at that as Hermione marched away. I felt bad though, it was a shame. she was only trying to keep us on the right track.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

515K 14.5K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
3.1K 149 34
Gwendolyn Jones has a secret, like most people do. The one difference? Her secret could get her killed. She transfers to Hogwarts School of Witchcra...
83.5K 1K 66
Being an apprentice, no one said it was easy. But it was her only solace. Her only reminder that she could be more than a puppet to the Heir of Slyth...
310K 8.2K 48
The great Harry Potter, defeater of Voldemort, the boy who lived. Not a single thought went out to his older sister for years, yes an older sister. ...