𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 | 𝑺...

By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠......𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞, �... More

|𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐄|
| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈 |
𝟏 | 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬
𝟑 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟔 | 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬
𝟖 | 𝐀𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟗 | 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐬
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫
~ 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝟏 ~
|𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈|
𝟏𝟑| 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟏𝟕| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
|𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈|
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟐𝟑 | 𝐔𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐬
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚

𝟐 | 𝐍𝐞𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

327 16 7
By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

~*~

NEXT DAY - SETAGAYA VILLAGE- (Third POV)

A man walked down the streets of Setagaya, just roughly north-west  from the Mizutsuki clans estate buried up in the mountains. Holding the parasol in hand, his body was covered by the harsh and burning sun. Skin so sickly pale, many mistaken him to be sick. Pale, raven hair and plum red eyes that were rare in Japan. Unusual, and some say it's satanic.

His eyes trail up to see the man he reached out too, seeing the elderly man approaching him.

"You must be Dr Fuji Suzuki," Nakamura assumed, bowing before him. "Dr Nakamaru......you got my letter?"

Fuji nods nonchalantly, "Yes, I see this woman has a disease? Maybe I might have something, from where I'm from,"

Nakamaru bows repeatedly, "Oh please help her? She's a mother of six and the chief's wife, she needs more time to her life,"

The strange pale doctor process his urgent pleas, knowing full well this man was loyal to the Mizutsuki clan. He nudged his chin up, gesturing to allow Nakamura to follow behind. "Take me to them then, how long does she have left?"

"Twenty-four hours or less,"

The young man grins, "Well that's plenty enough,"

~*~

NEXT DAY - MIZUTSUKI COMPOUND 

Hiroshi sat at his desk upon a cushion, while he dips his brush in ink before writing and placing his signature upon the bamboo paper. His grief starts to creep upon him, when anger soon washes over his eyes. Just when he finished his signature, his hand shook lightly.

"Dammit,"

The candles lit the room up, as the back fusuma door was wide open. He could feel the fresh breeze blowing inside, but it didn't make him feel any better. Even the children soon found out, and only the youngest two didn't understand what was going on. 

"Chief Hiroshi, Dr Nakamura and Dr Fuji have arrived!" Lady Ichika announced, as the doors open up. 

Hiroshi's eyes trailed up to meet with the doctors gaze, before seeing the unfamiliar man that stood before him.

"So you're Fuji Suzuki, I'm assuming?" he stood up, straightening himself properly. He bows before him, "How will you help my wife, because I need a miracle right now."

Fuji smiles bow politely, "Chief, she's safe in my care," he assured him. "I have a special tonic from my village far from here, it works like a charm."

The chief's eyes angle his way suspiciously, "How so?"

"You just need to believe and allow me to tend to her now, or her life will meet its end," Fuji continues to assure the chief, however Hiroshi couldn't help but eye the doctor curiously. With a matter of silence, Hiroshi soon gives in. 

"Alright, come right this way,"

~*~

Time went by as the new doctor finally started to treat her, and miraculously she felt so much better. Even it caught her husband off guard, allowing the family to continue to living peacefully. Hiroshi thanked the doctor over and over, wanting to pay him or even do something for how grateful he was. 

Yet the mysterious doctor leaves the compound, while Ai felt something unsettling churn in her stomach. Physically. Whether she was alright or not, she didn't understand why she was healed so easily. 

Was it like making a deal with the devil? Was there a price?

Nevertheless she soon united with her children, acting like nothing had happened. She couldn't understand how she felt, but she felt more stronger than before. She didn't know how to bring it up, nor even comprehend how she felt. Brushing those conflicted thoughts, she continues her life as normal. 

Yet, that was only the beginning....

~*~

THREE MONTHS LATER - JULY

The children's laughter echoes down the hallway, and down to the garden. Riku giggled cutely, as Yui raced around with him playfully. The sound of cicadas outside buzzes loudly, while the clanking sound of wooden katana's collide together. Grunts and laughter were made from Natsu and Katsu, their feet dancing to their own tune.

The heat was very humidity, as sweat glides down their temples training hard. Their grips were tightened around the hilt, as their eyes narrow upon each other. Big proud and boastful smiles grin ear to ear, as they continue training hard after so many hours. The two were eager to become slayers quickly, so they can one day surpass their father and even their elder brother. 

Even seeing Ryuji all bloodied and wounded, he held the most victorious smile.

"Seriously, I swear we can read each other's thoughts!" Natsu whined, while lunging forward.

"Sucks being a twin then!" Katsu joked back, taking a swing only to stumble back a little. 

Natsu pokes his tongue out, while they continue sparring.

Hayami sat on the edge of the verandah watching her brothers, eyes filled with admiration. She loved how katana's were made, knowing you get them customised to your fighting technique. Sometimes her father would get his done, in the village of the swordsmiths. She dangled her legs, enticed with every swing her brothers made.

"Come on you two!" Lady Asami called them over, placing a tray of freshly made onigiri with sesame seeds speckled across. "Lunch is ready, have a break and then you can go back to training."

The two soon bow in respect to their sparring, before turning around realising how hot it is.

"Dammit, it's so hot!" Katsu whines, when his twin scoffs.

"Ha, I'm barely breaking a sweat!"

Katsu flicks his brother's forehead sharply, "You're sweating, idiot," he states, bluntly before heading on over with a grumbling Natsu following behind. 

The two approach the verandah as Hayami claps, "Great job Natsu, Katsu!" She cheered. "You two did well!"

"Thanks little moon!'

"Yeah thanks, but Natsu here took my morning tea!" Katsu grumbled, grabbing some onigiri and shoved a bite into his mouth. He chews with a glare towards his brother, knowing grudges were their thing..

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you....." Katsu paused, swallowing thickly before gasping for air. ".....did!"

"No i didn't, you hog most of the food......fatty!"

Katsu scoffed, "I am not fat, I'm just a hungry man that needs food!"

"Sure, sure,"

"I am a man, unlike you!" he retorted.

Hayami hummed softly not even paying attention to their bickering, knowing full well it was their daily arguments as usual. Unfazed at the slightest. She takes a bite of her onigiri, tasting the small meat that was in the centre. She hums in delight, as she watches her sister yui taking a bite. 

"Alright that's enough you two, eat your lunch and then fight it out later," Lady Asami scolded lightly, while kneeling down on her knees. 

"Okay!"

"Sorry, Lady Asami," Natsu apologised, but soon gives his brother a playful glare. Soon silence rests upon the children, eating quietly til Hayami decides to break the comfortable silence.

"Do you.......do you think I might be able to handle a sword?" She questioned, when she hears both her brothers scoff, that caught her attention. She turned to them, as they tried to not laugh.

"You.....hold a sword? Please, you're a girl!" Katsu laughed. "What would you know?"

She takes a small grain of rice, rolling between her index and thumb nervously.

"Well we are......always beginners," She trailed off, hoping this won't reach her father's ears. "Maybe......I want to be a slayer instead......"

"You......a slayer?" Natsu stated in disbelief. "You're a girl, girl's aren't meant to fight.......they only serve us men, and treat our wounds."

Hayami was taken back by his words, like it was her own father talking to her. Yet her ambitious self pushed past that, knowing he wasn't around to tell her off for even suggesting it.

"Well.....what if I want to be the first female Mizutsuki slayer?" She questioned, but it was more of a statement than a suggestion.

"There's not first," Katsu retorted.

"What's going on here, are you being nice to each other?" A gentle voice approached the children, as their mother slowly walked up to them. She wore a light blue Yukata, and for some reason Hayami noticed her mother's skin. She tried not to notice it as much, but the more she looked the more she was curious on her own mother's health.

"Hayami wants to be a slayer!" Natsu pointed at Hayami, while she looks away sheepishly worried of her own mother's thoughts.

She hums softly, "Is this true? Why so, little moon?"

The young child nods timidly, tapping her fingers together.

"Yes.....I just....hate sitting around, and I see my big brothers fighting, and I want to be like big brother Ryuji," she tried finding the right words, even though she knew there was no way it wouldn't happen.

"Awe, I'm honoured!" a familiar and young masculine voice approached them, as Ryuji stood there with his nichirin blade tucked in his belt. Hair tousled messily, but he looked happy to see them. 

Big Brother!" Hayami exclaimed, as she rushed to her big brother and embraced him. He returns his sisters warm hug, before ruffling her hair as she noticed how mature he has become.

"Ryuji....my dear, how was your missions?" Ai asked him, as he smiled warmly.

"It has been very good, probably need to be treated but on all ends....I'm very good," He replied, as he sits down on the engawa. "Ooh Onigiri yum, definitely perfect on summer days like these!"

"Glad you like them young master Ryuji," Lady Asami smiled, before heading inside. The afternoon went smoothly with the children and the home, but lately Ai hasn't been feeling as well. She wasn't sure if she was okay, especially when she saw herself looking ghastly pale.

~*~

A YEAR LATER - SEPTEMBER 

Autumn has soon arrived, soon awaiting winter to arrive just around the corner. Ryuji went on his usual missions, getting stronger by the days and weeks. Hayami envied he could go out and see the world, and save people. She envied how being a different gender made her weak, especially when she's still trying to find who she was herself.

At a tender age of nine years old, all Hayami wanted was to help the boys.

Ryuji was never on the same page as his father with the clan's protocol, so during his breaks he would secretly train Hayami. For now it's been at about a year of training, and Ryuji was amazed by how fast she learned certain techniques. He sometimes observed how she fought, and how fast she aimed.

He saw potential in her, so he continued encouraging her to fight and train til he was ready to ask their father when she's ready. He knew it would be a difficult request, but he knew Hayami wasn't stupid. 

He believed in her.

"Alright now, balance yourself with your mind, and body," He instructs softly. "Today we're gonna learn by allowing yourself to be the sword, than just waving a weapon."

"Okay," happily holding the wooden blade, she found his hands around her arms and gracefully waving them around. Her movements soon were her own, dancing to her own tun making her body flow.

"Remember our family's breathing technique, is the water dragon," he informed her. "You are to utilise this technique as your own and style, controlling a blow that is ten times strong than a normal blow in water breathing."

She nods, taking in everything she needs to know.

"Now our attacks are more sharper and to control where we aim, as we can withstand the pressure and immense impact on the opponent," He continues. "We represent the water dragon, the beast of the sea......we must be like the dragon."

"Right, but isn't our breathing technique water breathing?" she questioned.

He nods slight.

"Basically, but.....our first ancestor built that technique first before passing it down besides our own clan," he replied, trying to remind her that there were others with the same breathing technique. "Except......only our family carries the water dragon breathing..........like Master Urokodaki teaches others the water breathing technique."

"Master....Uro.....kodaki?" she tilted her head in curiosity, lowering her katana.

"He's a water pillar currently, but soon he will be finding a new successor to fill in the water Pillar's place,"

"So........Pillar, huh?" She grew curious. "Are they the strongest slayers?"

He nods very proudly.

"Yep, and one day I wanna become a Pillar," he smiled widely, obviously expressing his clear goal. "Father.....he's a Pillar currently, but he's busy as chief at the same time--"

"Still, I wish he could be more understanding," Hayami sighed, feeling discouraged by her father's words. Soon she felt her chin being lifted, as Ryuji looked into her teary eyes.

"I'm on your side, I see a fighter in you," he spoke softly, wiping away her stray tear.

"Brot--"

"Ryuji!!!!!!!"

They both flinched at his loud tone, seeing their father storming towards his children. He snatched the katana from Hayami's hand, and sent a sharp slap to her cheek. The sound echoes, til silence dawns upon the three. Ryuji stood there in shock, while Hayami's cheek burns brightly red beneath her shaky hand.

Her father's eyes dangerously scold her, just by looking.

He soon snapped his head towards Ryuji, "Finally I understand why you two sneak away, you've been teaching her,"

"Father please--"

"Enough! Girls should never fight, why can't you even listen to simple protocol?!" He shouted angrily, eyes narrowed upon his son.

"But father, she's improved so much since we started!" Ryuji confronted, in defence while standing in front of his sister protectively. "Please, I was gonna tell yo--"

"Enough, she's a girl and my first daughter......I can't allow wounds to scar her," He seethed. "She must be pure when she grows older, or no one will want to marry into our family....besides she's fragile!"

He turned on his heel sharply walking away, while Ryuji tightened his fists.

"But don't you know the story?!" Ryuji yelled back, causing Hayami's eyes to widen. "The story of our first Chieftess? She was the first Mizutsuki sla--"

"Don't you mention that story in front of her, I don't wa--"

"You're just a coward then!" Ryuji blurted out, when a sharp slap echoes loudly. Hayami's eyes widen feeling sudden guilt settle in her chest, as her father towered over his son. However she saw fear in her father's eyes for a moment, before anger rises to the surface.

Ryuji held his cheek as his eyes remain unfazed, but light tears aligned the corners of his silver eyes.

"I'm doing this to protect my children, because that's what fathers are supposed to do," His eyes angrily glare upon his son. "Never lift a sword again, do you hear me Hayami!"

She flinched by his bitter tone, as light tears roll down silently.

Without another word he stormed off leaving his children behind, as Ryuji watched him leave. Turning around he soon saw Hayami slightly shaking, before embracing her close to him. Soft whimpers leave her quivering lips, trying her best to not let her own emotions clouds herself.

~*~

Hayami sat in her room remaining silent, afraid if she says a single word or make a sound her father would come and hurt her. Her hands shook, after taking a beating not long after her lecture from her father. Hands bruised, red and swollen. Her cheeks were red, bruises discolouring her skin with silent tears rolling down her chubby cheeks.

Her hair clung to her face, sweat aligns her temple.

She knew she wasn't allowed to train, she knew the consequences by her actions. All she wanted was to help her brothers, her family become strong. Yet, no one believed a woman from their clan would ever lay a hand on a blade, let alone train.  

She squeezes her eyes tightly with more tears running down, while feeling pain throbbing all over. Her body trembles, her voice wavers in small whimpers. Her vision blurred, her body cold while apologising repeatedly in her head. 

The fusuma door slides open before closing, causing her small body to stiffen.

"Little Moon,"

His voice soon calmed her just when she turned to see Ryuji, looking pure and clean from any beatings. He knelt down beside her when noticing the small bruises and red marks, that discoloured her soft skin.

"Hey, hey what did father do?" he questioned hastily, cupping her cheeks only for her to flinch in response. His eyes were wide for a moment, taking in the trembling child. He sighed deeply, before pulling out a rag and leaned forward. He wiped away the blood from her nose, before trailing down to her lip.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, as she soon finally choked on her sobs.

Small cries soon follow before she latched her arms around him, ignoring the throbbing pain. She hated her father, she tried her best to please him but nothing seemed to satisfy him enough. She tried becoming strong, to be useful, nothing seemed to work.

"I just wanna be like you, wanna be useful," her voice muffled in his collar, her grip tightening while Ryuji felt hopeless.

"I know, I know.....we will figure something out," He whispered, while rubbing her back. He slowly begins to rock her, tried to calm her so she feels comfort. He was disappointed in his father, but.......he couldn't step up. His father had his hopes on him, and he couldn't ruin the clan's reputation.

---------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 17.1K 60
Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain whispered in the cold night, it told her...
70.1K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | slow...
225K 6K 44
DESCENDANT OF THE SUN [ 伊黒 小芭内 ] Obanai Iguro [ 鬼滅の刃 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba / Demon Slayer "Once you've learned the particular breathing, you'll danc...
193K 5.9K 29
Y/n's family were attacked by a demon on the same day she was given birth. Her brothers and sisters were all slaughtered by the demon along with her...