Finding The Light

By Rhysee

Belle Sparrow is an ordinary girl, living with an ordinary guardian, in an ordinary world. Actually it's all... More

Belle Sparrow (edited)
The Train (Edited)
The Sorting (Edited)
Classes, Teachers and Flying (Edited)
Seeker and Duels (edited)
Trick or Troll (edited)
Quidditch And Curses (edited)
Christmas Part 1 (edited)
Christmas Part 2 (edited)
Back To School (edited)
Hagrid's Egg (edited)
Norbert The Dragon (edited)
Caught (edited)
Detention With Malfoy (edited)
The Dead Unicorn (edited)
Hagrid's Mistake (edited)
Harry's Plan (edited)
Trials 1, 2 And 3 (edited)
Through The Fire (edited)
The Turban (edited)
Belle and Harry 1 - Voldemort 0 (edited)
Parting ways (edited)
End Of Summer (edited)
Car Vs Tree (edited)
Lockhart (edited)
Changing Hair (edited)
Pest Control (edited)
Detention And Voices (edited)
The Party Invitation (edited)
The Voice (edited)
How Embarassing (edited)
The Legend And The Diary (edited)
Bones And Dueling (edited)
Parseltongue And Presents (edited)
Polyjuice Potion (edited)
The Horror Of Valentines Day (edited)
Down Into The Chambers (edited)
Harry And Belle 2 - Voldemort 0 (edited)
The Explanation (edited)
End Of Term (edited)

A Visitor (edited)

91 3 0
By Rhysee

Hi guys so i'm starting all the way in first year for this, i'll probably put Philosopher's stone and Chamber of Secrets as one book or something, maybe the first three actually.

Anyway, please comment and let me know what you think, be brutally honest, i can take it

-

"BELLE!"

My guardian's newest - he calls them toys but for politeness let's go with - girlfriend screeched, her voice causing my ears to ring. And she was down two flights of stairs which really said something. Here I thought she was just loud when they were in the bedroom underneath mine.

Looking up from the small corn snake which had curled around my wrist, I put my eyes on the door expecting her to come bursting in with another of her amazing war cries. It was always the same, she wanted to dress me up like a doll, or ask me to cook Daniel's favourite food, something dumb like that.

However I didn't hear any footsteps, and the longer I waited, the quieter the house seemed. I would have worried over her going to get Daniel, but he'd left for work a few hours ago and wasn't due home for another hour or so.

"BELLE, SWEETIE CAN YOU COME DOWN HERE?! THERE'S SOMEONE HERE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!"

Okay so that was new, I thought. 

In my eleven – nearly twelve – years in this house, I'd never once had anyone come to speak to me. In fact, nearly all of Daniel's little toys were unaware of my existence in the attic room where he always kept me.

"BELLE! COME ON SWEETIE!"

Sighing, I unwrapped the snake from my arm and laid him on the bed. His brown and yellow scales clashed against the blue sheets as badly as the yellow-purple bruises on my skin. He lifted his head when he noticed the lack of warmth, tongue flickering out in my direction.

Where are you going? He asked, as I opened the door.

"I have a visitor, apparently," I told him and he snickered as I added, "As long as it's not a dumb make-up chick like last time."

Have you ever heard a snake snicker? Well, you probably haven't even heard one talk so no, I doubt you have. It's cool, just so you know, evil sounding. I slid down the banister, landing lightly on my bare feet next to the tall blonde. I was sure her name was Maya, or May or something along those lines, it got hard to keep up though.

Next to her stood a tall man with a long silver beard and hair, wearing a dark plum coloured suit. He had blue eyes and those half-moon glasses that you usually see on television. The ones fancy rich people wear.

"What do you need me for?" I asked, not even bothering to sound interested.

"This is Professor Dumbledore, and he's come to talk to you about school," the blonde announced, "Um, I think Daniel mentioned it at breakfast but you were still sleeping." 

She turned back to Mr Dumbledore while I rolled my eyes. Still sleeping, sure I was. 

"I'm sorry Daniel's not here, he's been working a lot the last couple of days."

"That is no problem," the old man announced, smiling at me, "I'm sure Miss Sparrow can explain everything to him tonight."

"Alright," the woman chirped, squishing my cheek, "You behave now, I'm off for a bath."

I rubbed my cheek with a scowl as she flounced up the stairs like an idiot, Dumbledore chuckling as he moved himself through to the living room to take a seat. I sat across from him, feeling oddly comforted by the gaze he held on me – like he was someone safe. I'd never had that before, not even when I had Nimmy.

"Well, Miss Sparrow, it's a pleasure to meet you. I assume you know who I am?"

"Um, Dumbledore is it?" I asked nervously, pulling at a loose thread at the knee of my jeans, "Daniel said you'd written to him explaining everything since he is a-" I kept my eyes away from Dumbledore "-a non-magic person."

 "You are correct, I am Albus Dumbledore and I have come to offer you a place at my school. Hogwarts. From what I understand, you are well aware of your differences to other children your age?"

"Oh um yes," I nodded, "Considering not many people can make a flower bloom when it's in their hand."

"Well I hope not," Dumbledore chuckled, "The school term starts on September 1; you'll get a train from Kings Cross at Platform Nine and Three quarters which is through the pillar between platforms nine and ten. Your name has been down since you were born, though I decided visiting you in person would be best. With Daniel being what we call a muggle in our world, meaning non-magic person, I thought you might need someone to explain everything to you since he wouldn't have a clue."

If only you knew, I thought but gave a small nod. 

Dumbledore left shortly after, seconds before Daniel returned home and his light green eyes narrowed when he saw me in the hallway. He kept his temper though, knowing his latest girlfriend was somewhere in the house.

"Mr Dumbledore came, he just left," I mumbled, eyes wide and hands clenching into fists by my sides. 

I was fighting my fight or flight response – flight being my favourite. I knew it would only end up terrible if i legged it from him.

"Does he still believe I'm a muggle?" he almost spat and I nodded quickly. "I take it you're going to Hogwarts then. Well you can take all my old stuff; i'm not wasting more money than I have to on you. I'll get you a wand but that's all, understand?"

"Yes Daniel," I mumbled, lowering my head in the hopes he'd let me be this time.

"Good, I'll take you directly to Ollivander's tonight once May is gone," he shoved me aside, heading upstairs, "And you can stay in your room until the term starts to make up for it."

I waited until he was in his room before scurrying up to my own and quietly closed the door. Flopping onto the bed, I worked out there were three weeks left before the start of term and allowed the corn snake to slither back around my wrist. I told it all about Dumbledore, and how I'd be leaving before drifting off to sleep, wasting time until Daniel took me to get my wand.

-

I could only stare at the man named Ollivander, he scared the crap out of me but not in the way Daniel did. More so because he looked like an owl, misty white eyes, and hair stuck up in all angles.

"Ah, Miss - Miss Sparrow," he smiled, covering up his hesitation with saying my name as he glanced at Daniel sulking in the corner, "I was wondering if I would see you."

"Er . . ." was all I could come up with.

Any time I'd ever left the house, Daniel had ordered me to keep my skin covered and my mouth shut. Was I allowed to speak here?

"Not to worry, let's find you a wand yes?"

An hour, twenty seven wands, several exploding drawers, two dead goldfish and three fires later, I still didn't have a wand that suited me, and Mr Ollivander was looking completely mystified. Apparently he'd never had such a tricky customer.

"Well, I guess we could try – not that I think – but ever so powerful – perhaps, perhaps," he talked to himself as he wandered along the shelves, pulling out another wand box. "Try this."

It was sleek and black with a white handle, the bottom decorated with a silver engraving and little blue gem.The tip was sharp, pointed and white, almost like a shark tooth. I lifted it from the box and almost smiled as a warm sensation filled me. The air around me seemed to glitter before it all calmed down and went back to normal.

"Ah, yes, that is the one for you, thirteen inch, Ebony and Quartz with Vampire Venom core, the only one in existence."

"What's that at the top?" I asked, before glancing nervously at Daniel. "It doesn't look like Quartz."

Luckily, he seemed too interested in the wand himself to care I had spoken. If the wand was ebony then why did it turn white?

"A chiselled fang, Miss Sparrow. Now take very good care of that wand, and it will take care of you."

Outside the shop I expected Daniel to apparate us home immediately, instead he headed straight towards a shop with the words, Eeylops Owl Emporium above the large window.

"Don't think I'm doing this for you," he muttered as he saw the half smile on my lips, "You getting an owl is merely to keep me informed."

"Yes Daniel," I said, trying to hide the happiness I felt.

He pushed me inside and told me in a few not so nice words to pick an owl and be quick about it. It wasn't so hard, the small red and purple owl near the counter caught my eye the second I'd stepped in, so I just pointed him out and left Daniel to take care of the rest. Who wouldn't want an owl as cool as that?

-

Daniel threw me and my new pet into my room as soon as we got back, disappearing briefly only to return with a black duffel bag that he stuffed into my arms. It was weightless, but I could hear everything inside rattling around. Luckily, i'd put the owl cage on my rickety dresser.

"That has all seven years' worth of sh*t in it," Daniel informed me. "Sort it out, the bag has extension and weightless charms on it."

"Yes Daniel, Thank you Daniel," I murmured, looking down as he closed the door on me.

I spent an hour sorting out what I needed for my first year, and storing the rest under my bed while talking to my owl who I had decided to name Hooter for badness. I put in the bag what little clothing I had, and spent the rest of what was left of my time in Daniel's house reading through all of the books, talking with Hooter and whichever snake managed to find me up there.

-

there we are first chapter up :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
13.5K 219 42
A simple story of a boy and a girl who fall in love. Evelyn Walters transfers to Hogwarts during the start of her sixth year, hoping to breeze past t...
294K 7.9K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
516K 14.5K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...