The Easy Way Out

By kierstynnewritesss

Davina Faye Falix has been struggling with a drug addiction ever since her family passed in a fatal car accid... More

𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟<𝟛
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
«1»
«2»
«3»
«4» tw!
«5»
«6» tw!
«8»
«9»
«10»
«11»
«12»
«13»
«14»
«15»
«16»tw !
«17»
«18»
«19»
«20»
«21»
«22»
«23»
«24»
«25»
«26»
«27»
«28»
«29»
«30»
«31»
«32»
«33»
«34»
«35»
«36»
«37»
«38»
«39»
«40»
«41»
«42»
«43»
«44»
«45»
«46»
«47»
«48»
«49»
«50»
«51»
«52»

«7» tw!

1.6K 26 11
By kierstynnewritesss

TW: mentions of sexual assault/ rape.

Davina's pov

I wake up to the feeling of being lifted up, off the hospital bed. I remain still and quiet, not ready to start conversations with anyone. I feel Kayson's leather jacket being draped over my cold body, and immediately feel comfortable.

I'm not sure when he took his jacket off last night, but uhm, obviously he did.

With my head resting on his shoulder, my arms curled up in front of me, on his chest. My legs lay around his waist loosely, and I close my eyes with my newfound comfort.

I start to listen to what Xander and Kayson are talking about, "-but either way this isn't very "creed" of you. This throws your last name's meaning right out of the damn window." I hear Xander's voice in an exaggerated tone.

Creed? That sounds familiar.. what the fuck is creed?

Xander is very dramatic, I don't know Kayson very well, but I know he can't be that bad. I mean come on, he saved me from that fuckface of an ex I have.

"Creed or not, she needed protection from something, so I helped her." I feel Kayson's fingertips on my back, underneath the jacket. "In a hospital? Protection from what? A needle?"

I can feel Kayson's body tense up as his hand balls up into a fist on my back. "First of all asshole, I'm sure she's not afraid of a goddamn needle, considering the reason she's even fucking here." He lets out in an angry and annoyed tone.

They both stay quiet for a second before Kayson speaks up again. "It was Jeremiah Hale." He says in a low calm voice, as we step onto an elevator.

I tense up immediately after hearing his name, abruptly open my eyes and stare down at the floor behind Kayson. He notices and starts tracing circles on my back with one of his fingers, slowly calming me back down.

Now realizing I'm awake he whispers in my ear, "Good Afternoon darling." I Amalie to myself and close my eyes again, resting my head back on his shoulder.

We step out of the elevator and Xander lets out a frustrated groan. "Fuck, I can't believe I fucking forgot about Jeremiah. Damn it all to fucking hell." Xander's voice comes off a little angrily when he says the name.

I open my eyes lazily to see Willow walking shortly behind us, taking pictures of Kayson and I.

He was just comforting me. Nothing more. Calm down chick.

"You fucking knew!?" I can physically feel Kayson's attitude change, so I bring my hand underneath his shirt and trace my fingers on his back, like he's doing to me. He rubs his thumb across my back in a slow motion, telling me 'thankyou' in a silent matter.

"I've known since it happened, you know that whole ordeal I went through in London 2 years ago ? That's what it was about." I feel a hand come to my back and pat it gently, "Tell her I said I'm sorry. If I hadn't forgot, she would've never needed protection."

I smile against Kayson's neck, and that's when I feel him let in a sharp inhale, and pinch my back. "No need. She heard you." I let out a loud sigh and pinch Kayson's back. Just as he did to me. He winces and pinches my mine again.

"Pinch me again and I'll bite your fucking neck Kayson." I whisper for only him to hear. "And you weren't supposed to say anything."

He looks down at me, my head no longer resting on his shoulder. "Bite my neck. See where that gets you love." He whispers to me, still looking at me in the eyes.

I narrow my eyes at him, fighting every urge to bite his neck. Just to show him I'm not scared of where it gets me. "Don't threaten me love, I'm not scared of shit." He stares into my eyes, silently after what I said to him.

Willow, from behind us, is literally fan girling over what's happening in front of her. Xander slows so he can walk next to her, just realizing that she isn't right behind him. Still stuck on the subject of Jeremiah. I look back towards him with narrowed eyes that I just knowww intimidate everyone. Lmao, I'm so funny.

"Shut up about that sick fuck when I'm around." Xander goes silent as he looks back at me, his head tilted sideways like I just offended him. I laugh silently to my self before hearing Xander say, "Yes ma'am, I'll shut my big ass mouth." I give off a cheeky smile to Xander before looking back at Kayson, still smiling.

I look at him close up, for the first and probably the only time. So I take advantage and admire him up close, checking out his face like a damn weirdo.

He's got long lashes that cast a shadow over his light eyes. Green eyes. He's got full, pink lips. There's a faint, long scar going from the corner of his left eye, right to his hairline. His eyebrows are well manicured and are black to match his dark hair, one with a slit in it. While his hair falls falls over his forehead, not quite reaching his eyebrows.

I don't really know why Kayson is still holding me, but I'm not really going to complain. As if I'd complain about getting a free ride.

Wait no, not like that. Like, I don't have to walk. Never mind.

I remember Willow telling me how Kayson was. She said he was stand-offish, a loner, and didn't like a damn person. Can't stand anyone, doesn't talk to anyone, and when he does he isn't nice about it. He's literally a man version of me, well me after I lost my dad. I just may be a little more emotional than him. You know, hormones and all.

I'm not gonna be cringey and say some weird shit, but I do think he's a big softie at heart. I feel like he could be nice, he could be likeable. He's just been hurt, and now he's got a shield to protect him. I will give it to him though, I don't like a damn person. Unless we're talking about my new family.

Willow and Xander. Kayson too, if he sticks around.
— - — - — - —
Once I'm in the car, Kayson gives Xander a nod and says, "Be safe with the girls, I'll see you at the office." He looks in my direction while Willow gets in next to me, leaving the passenger seat open. Kayson gives me a smirk before turning around walking to his car.

"Davina, question-" Xander starts from the driver's seat. "What the actual fuck are you trying to do to yourself?" I sigh heavily and look up at him in the rear view mirror. He gives me a sympathetic smile and says, "Seriously D, why couldn't you call someone?"

I look over to Willow who's looking out the window with tears threatening to escape. "And be a burden to every? No thankyou. Bad enough Kayso-" I grab Willow's hand and rub my thumb over the back of her hand.

"You know what, turn on some music, we can talk about this later." I look into the mirror and nod my head toward Willow. Making sure he sees me, I cough and nod my head toward her again, this time his eyes seeing both me and Willow.

Xander nods abruptly, not wanting to see Willow cry over me, again. He passes me his phone, already on the music app he uses. To lighten the mood I turn on, 'Still Tippin' by Mike Jones. I set the phone down and Xander turns it up. Xander and I rap the song, always looking in Willow's direction to try and cheer her up.

I'm so sorry Willow.

Xander eventually pulls into what I assume is Kayson's driveway, he sees the confused and annoyed look on my face and covers his ass with, "Kayson's orders."

I roll my eyes and get out, after Willow, who I can only assume knows more to this place than I do.
                             — - — - — - —
Kayson's pov

I know I said I wasn't going into work today, or atleast I said I didn't want to. But I got a call as soon as I stepped foot out of the hospital, and unfortunately I can't wait until tomorrow to do my job.

God, sometimes I do really hate this job.

Almost an hour after I got to the warehouse, Xander arrives with a weird ass smile. "Now, let's talk." I furrow my eyebrows and give him a sarcastic 'kiss my ass' smile, "No. I came to kill. Not talk." Xander smiles even wider and says, "Fine. I'll do the talking." He starts off. "Davina." I look up, suddenly interested in why he wants to talk about her. "What about her?"

"Are we just gonna completely ignore what I saw at the hospital? You were fucking cuddling. You slept past 4 a.m. You looked peaceful. And you were the FURTHEST from tense when I saw it." I immediately shut him up, and start off with my reasoning.

"Xander. Shut the fuck up. She called me saying she saw the lowlife that raped her, of course I'm gonna comfort her and scare the prick away from her." He just looks at me, suddenly dumbfounded with what I just told him. As if we didn't talk about the reasoning at the hospital.

"You just met the chick, and you're already giving her your $400 leather jacket, cuddling with her, and carrying her to the car. You can't tell me nothings going on. I don't believe that shit Kayson." I roll me eyes and get out of my chair, walking toward him slowly. Towering over him just the slightest, I narrow my eyes at him.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Even if it did mean anything I wouldn't act on it. She's just a broken girl that needed help. So I helped. Now fuck off." Xander looks at me innocently as if he hasn't pissed in my damn cheerios already. Ruined my decent fucking mood.

"See that's what I mean, any other girl would've gotten a 'fuck you' and had to have helped themselves. She means something to you. You can't lie to me, I see right fucking through you and your bullshit." I tilt my head just the slightest bit before getting in his face and spitting out words like it's poison from my mouth.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up like I've been telling you for that past 5 fucking minutes. Or I'll cut your fucking dick off and send it to Willow in an Amazon box." He widens his eyes and smiles slightly. He winks at me before sliding out from in front of me and moving to behind the desk in the room we're in.

He opens his mouth as if he was gonna say something, but before he could say it I walk out of the warehouse and head toward our next meeting on my bike. Simply so no one could ride with me, talk to me, or piss me off even more on my way there.

I never let anyone ride my bike, or even let them go remotely close to it. Matter of fact, I broke the wrist of the last little fuck that touched it. My bike is my therapy. No talking and damn sure no problems. Nothing that could potentially piss me off. Just fresh air, speeding down any road with no problem, and the adrenaline rush I get when I out run the cops.

This bike is the only thing I love.

No one fucking touches it.

After a little bit I finally see Xander's hellcat in my mirrors, following behind me to this stupid ass meeting. He pulls up beside me and smiles devilishly through his rolled down window. He wants to race. I've only lost one race, and that's because the cops almost caught me slackin. So I ditched the race.

I laugh to myself and speed off in front of him, going from 80 to 150 in a second. He filled behind me closely, until I hit 220mph. I've lost Xander at this point, but now I'm about to pull in at the club the meeting is being held in.

Yay, let's talk homicide.

I get off the bike and button and zip up my bulletproof vest. Throwing my leather jacket over top of it, thankfully it was in the office of my warehouse. Considering my new one is with Davina.

I've gotta get some info on her before I'm any nicer to her. Because Falix ? I know that last name from somewhere.

Xander pulls up beside me as I'm loading my gun behind the building. I wait for him to get out and get ready until I walk in. Simply because I'll end anyone who even thinks about coming near him threateningly. And I'm feeling extra salty today.

We eventually make it into the club, through the back door. Walking through the middle of the club, and making it down into that basement of the club.

I'm immediately met with two women. One looking extremely young, and the other looking like she didn't take care of her skin.

One with bright red hair, and one with platinum blonde hair. The older looking one walks to me with a crooked smile, holding out her hand. "Hi there handsome, I'm Evelynn Falix, and this is my single daughter, Delilah." An evil look in her eyes.

Falix? No.

Holy shit.

I look at Xander with slightly widened eyes while Evelynn proceeds to tell me she wants her daughter dead, and I need to do it asap.

The same daughter I cuddled with last night. This is Evelynn Falix. Wife of Colton Falix. Mother of Davina Falix. I do know them from somewhere.

FUCK. I've gotta get her out of here.
                          — - — - — - —

Chapter 7 !!

Thankyou all for being patient with me ! I recently was sick, too sick to even get out of bed. So I'm so sorry.

But the next chapter will be coming shortly after this, simply because I feel bad for making y'all wait.

Comment and vote !! Communicate with me. I like to talk with everyone. It makes me happy that y'all like it enough to comment !

I've also thought about it, this will probably only be a 50-60 chapter book, possibly less, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

THANKYOU FOR BEING PATIENT ❤️❤️❤️

Update.. I'm posting tonight.🫶🏻

all rights reserved. dont even think about copying. Lmaooo😂😐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 394 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
94.8K 2.1K 30
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...
27.2K 1.4K 52
After three years of struggle to prove her worth in a new country, Rox, short for Roxana, finally nails a job at a new construction company that deal...
363K 9.5K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...