The Best Man [MxM] [On Hiatus]

By BethWorthington

Lukas Worthington has defied all odds by becoming the Editor-in-Chief of his own fashion industry whilst heav... More

Chapter One: Dilemma
Chapter Three: Fluffy socks
Chapter Four: Emergency man-kit
Chapter Five: Chug and Snug
Chapter Six: Sprouted
Chapter Seven: "Sir, I believe it's called Fate."
Chapter Eight: Chocolate Flake
Chapter Nine: Selfish

Chapter Two: Pretty Princess

4.6K 277 56
By BethWorthington

Chapter Two:

"I've been telling myself that the tension between you and Con is due to your inability to socialize but somethings telling me that that's not the case." Emily appeared beside me with her arms tightly crossed over her chest. I had excused myself immediately after saying what I did and hours later I'm sat outside the back in a sun-lounger with a glass of wine. Baring in mind it was pitch black outside.

"Are your girly vibes tingling?" I asked with a mocking smirk. Emily scowled at me which quickly wiped the expression off my face. "Everything's fine Em, stop worrying." She seemed to snap when I said that as she stole my wine and gulped the entire thing.

"You know what's strange Luke? Is that when I asked Conner he said the exact same thing." Good. Though I could see she was getting upset and knew if she complained to mum my head would be strung up. I quickly stood up and removed my glass from her hand and then took them both in mine. She sniffled which made me internally curse.

"Of course I'm pissed," I started, making her look to me with confusion written across her face. "Conner broke the bro-code. I want to punch him for even thinking about touching my baby sister." Emily made a sound which sounded like a little giggle. She shook her head as she pressed herself up against me and rested her forehead on my chest.

"I've missed you, Lukey"

"Blegh, and I haven't missed that, don't make me tell mum."

Emily snorted with laughter which made me roll my eyes. How she had many boyfriends always bewildered me. And now she was going to be married.

"Alright, let's stop crying and get back inside since my tits are going to fall off from the cold." I made a face which only made her laugh more but she ended up dragging me back into the stuffy house filled with alcohol-consuming guests.

Once we were inside Emily was quickly whisked away by her friends and I once again contemplated going back outside. "Lukas Worthington," I froze at the sound of my full name. I turned to the side to see another face which I knew I would never be able to forget. It was strange how we always remember the names of our bullies.

"Adam Vincent" his name leaked from my mouth before I could stop it. Why couldn't I have dismissed him in a cool manner by pretending I didn't know who he was?

Adam, who was annoyingly attractive, grinned as he came to a stop in front of me. He had one hand in his perfectly-fitted trouser pocket. The entire suit was well tailored and even managed to fit his icy personality. His blazer had been discarded on the bar so he wore a dark grey dress-shirt which clung to each muscle on his torso. Was I really admiring the style of a person who gave me multiple black eyes?

I dragged my eyes up to meet his and wanted to cry when I saw how amused he looked. I hadn't exactly made it discrete. His steel-grey eyes were fixed on me and I shivered when they slowly raked me up and down. "You have certainly grown." He stated which made me gulp.

I nodded, "I wasn't going to stay short and plump forever."

Adam's eyes snapped to my own and he sighed. "I treated you like shit, Luke." He commented and when I went to respond he took another step forward which shocked me. His hand came up and his long fingers slowly played with the edge of my blazer. "When I was stood over there I came up with over one hundred ways to say how truly sorry I am for doing such horrible things to you but none truly expressed what I wanted to say." I shook my head, finally able see through the thick fog of attraction.

"There's no need to apologise Adam. I'm a big boy now, I got over it." He seemed to let what I said soak in for a couple of seconds before a dazzling smile spread across his mouth. All the way through college he had braces on but even with the metal stuck to his teeth he was still considered extremely sexy and now, those pearls made my stomach tighten. A good smile had and will always make me sway.

"Well now my night is made, let me get you a drink?"

I lightly laughed as I shook my head. "No, no I've drank enough already but I won't turn down the opportunity to know what happened to your high school sweetheart Amanda who you broadcasted you were going to marry on the last day of college." Adam laughed loudly whilst shaking his head, "Now that I need a lot more alcohol to revisit."

Adam expressed how much he had changed from a 'little shit' and from what he was telling me, he was right. He has opened a handful of businesses which, from how he speaks about them, he cherishes like I do my own. "-Yeah, one of them is a gym. I must be a tiny bit biased and say that out of my babies the gym is my favourite." He grinned as he took a sip of his gin and I nodded.

"I can tell, you're all muscle."

He lightly shrugged off the compliment. "You flatter me but I'm the one who is in awe, numbered sixth sexiest man in the world." I scrunched up my nose shaking my head. When Davison had showed me the article I had tossed it aside as stupid ratings like that got to peoples' egos and I didn't have the time."

"I would never have pinned you as a type of guy who reads girl magazines." I replied as I tried to change the topic off of me. Adam, who was aware of my subject change scoffed into his frosted glass. He placed it down on the homemade bar and signalled for another. "My restaurant had been featured in the hot and rising section so I admit I was giddy when buying it." I couldn't control my laughter as his cheeks were stained red with embarrassment. I brought my hand up and patted his arm supportively, "Don't worry, we've all been there."

As we continued to laugh and get to know each other we seemed to be in our own little world because next thing we knew Emily was humming the strip tune as she stood on a table. "Soon only one man will be able to see my bodaaay so, for all those who are curious, take a good ol' look." My head snapped over to my sister to see her struggling with the zipper of the dress I bought her. I still hadn't built up the confidence to check the bill she had slipped into my pocket.

I stood up quickly and made my way through gobsmacked and amused guests. Women were trying to usher her down whilst the men stopped and stared. "Em, I think it's time for bed." I called out when I stood below her. She looked around woozily then looked to me. "Lukey! I wasn't going to drink tonight but as soon as I drank your wine I decided to let my hair loose." I nodded calmly at my baby sister then held up my hand.

"You have all the right to enjoy yourself but I think you should go to bed early and get some beauty rest." She blinked and then frowned, "But I'm already booti-ful"

I had to control myself from not ripping her down from the table and tossing her over my shoulder. "Yes you are but you want to be extra pretty for your wedding right?" her mouth formed an 'o' as she slowly nodded. I decided that she was going to need my other hand so I stood there with my arms out to her. She giggled as she wobbled forward and then literally jumped into my arms. I thankfully caught her and soon she was clinging to me like before.

"Where's Con?" she started grunting when I led her out of the party-room and up towards her bedroom. I ignored her in the beginning but when she started demanding his presence I sighed loudly. "Em, I'm not sure. I'm sure someone will tell him you have gone to bed." She made a miniature growling sound which made me raise a brow at the dog-like female. She then erupted into giggles.

I managed to finally get her into the bedroom and practically threw her onto her bed. "Do you want to sleep in the dress?" I asked as I got the piece of paper out of my pocket. When I saw the many zeros I quickly made the decision for her, "You're going to treat this dress like royalty hoe, let's get you out of it." I pulled her forward and zipped the side of the blue dress. She was groaning inaudible gibberish as I managed to successfully undress her.

Mum should undeniably be doing this ridiculous task. I walked over to her wardrobe which was stacked full with all her clothes. Unlike mine in the cabin which was only filled with the necessities for this visit, Emily's was filled to the brim. Once putting the dress on a hanger and separating it from the rest of her clothes to ensure its pristine condition I turned and stopped frozen in my spot when Conner stood by the doorway of the room.

"Sorry I'm late." He mumbled. I bit the inside of my cheek hard as I controlled my nerves. Think of Emily, think of your sister. I went over to her Chester drawers and pulled out a nightie for her to wear. I went over to her side and pinched her cheek. "Em, come on wake up and put this on."

"Dun wanna" she whined making me sigh and tug her up. She whined my name loudly but she didn't get an option to escape as I pulled the dress over her head and soon she was back in her dead position but at least she was warm. She is definitely going to feel that tomorrow.

"I heard that you want to punch me." Conner commented making me straighten up once I pulled the covers over his future wife. I heard him step further into the room which made my anxiety perk up immediately. I clenched my hidden fists and looked to Emily who was now snoring peacefully. "Luke" as soon as his hand touched my shoulder I spun around and stepped away from him.

He remained with his hand in the air for a couple of seconds before he slowly let it drop to his side. "I tried to contact you." He mumbled as he then looked to Emily. "I still wouldn't have approved." I replied flatly. Conner looked to me and frowned, "Well this is the twenty-first century now, I don't need your approval."

I scoffed, "Well I'm glad we got that cleared up, asshole." I walked out of the room and shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked down the hallway. As I was about to go downstairs I was tugged back to meet the guilty expression of Conner. The one expression that grated on me the most.

I hissed and slapped his hand off me. "I know we'll never go back to the friendship we once had but I at least want to be able to talk to you without you cowering at the sight of me." I knew the mature thing would be for me to bite my lip and accept his request. I wanted more than anything to have him back in my life but it was physically like a knife to my gut every time I thought about how he was going to marry my sister. "I should thank you, you're primarily the reason for my leaving and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have become what I am today," He visibly paled at my words but I couldn't stop, the hate was oozing out of me. "After the wedding I won't be coming back if you're here because I can't stand the sight of you near my sister who is too good for you." I felt sick.

My hands were shaking so much and I was conscious that he would be able to hear my heartrate literally thumping out of my chest. I swiftly turned and continued down the stairs, leaving him to stand there as he watched me walk away- like I had done nine years ago.

Running to the cabin was a blur. I had managed to avoid guests so when I locked the door behind me I collapsed to the ground. My breathing was so loud and heavy as my body trembled. I brought my knees up to my chest and I rested my head on the top of them. I did the breathing exercises once again and it wasn't until twenty minutes later that my body actually responded. Whenever I look at Conner I'm transported back to before I left. How intensely green his eyes were when we had our first kiss and then the redness of his cheeks when we both pulled apart after many minutes. Fuck, he didn't deserve anything I had said. It was me who left without any explanation.

*

I stirred at the repetitive tapping on glass. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes to look around. I had forgotten to close the curtains so light completely flooded the room like it would if I was in my office- ugh, office how I miss you.

I sat up from bed, throwing back the warm fur of the duvet then stumbled out of bed. I looked down to see Adam stood by the door- completely topless. Oh this wasn't going to help my morning issue. I gave him a nod of acknowledgement as I made my way slowly down the stairs. I grabbed the keys from the counter and then opened the door. "Morning" I grumbled.

"Didn't you just drink water last night?" he asked.

I scoffed, "No I just usually look like shit in the morning, unlike you apparently."

Adam leant against the frame of the door which made his muscles flex more obviously. On his rib he had writing which looked Arabian which honestly just made my scenario even worse. "I thought you'd be up since you're the only one I know who didn't drink a lot. Everyone else is still in bed." I nodded slowly as I ran a hand through my hair and yawned.

"And what, may I ask, do you need on this extremely bright and early morning?" I asked kindly. Adam laughed and walked past me into the cabin. Oh, do come in. "I've already done the morning exercises don't worry, I was just wondering if you wanted breakfast with me?"

"I don't eat breakfast ordinarily." I grumbled which made him spin to look at me with a disappointed look on his gorgeous face. "No excuses, some fruits can act as relaxants for those who have anxiety attacks." I felt my heartrate pick up slightly when he mentioned my plague but his expression didn't change.

"Luke, don't worry about it. Thousands of people suffer from the same condition as you so I will make it my job to help you manage it." I raised a brow, "Are you a doctor now?"

"Just a simple gym owner who knows his shit, now go and get pretty princess, I'm hungry." I frowned, "That's classified as bullying."

He rolled his eyes. "Who was it that said he was a big boy?"

"That was me but I was talking about my dic-" happy squeals of the children outside drowned out the word as they ran around playing- to their hungover parents' displeasure.

Hm. Ship has sailed? (; #Ladam, Lonner?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152 104 26
Min-Jun uncovers his best friend Jae-Won's deep, unspoken love for him, revealing a hidden side to their six-year friendship. To coax out a confessio...
620K 17.8K 55
17 year old Lukas Smith has his life turned upside down when his dad loses his job in their scrappy desert town. He moves to LA where his dad finds w...
1.8K 102 25
When Samuel finds himself lost and incapable of facing his problems and the whole lot of insecurities he'd built up from childhood, he comes to reali...
866 3 21
**Boy x Boy story** After a disaster 5 years ago a hockey team in Minnesota gets ready for their season. This is Jae's last year in high school hocke...