The Wrong Address | COMPLETED

נכתב על ידי Axela_16

A boy mailing a Suicide Letter to his mom, accidentally sends it to her neighbors. Which causes the upbeat As... עוד

| Important |
01- The Letter Arrives
02. The Letter is Read
03. Journey To Strenderville
04. Stranger To The Rescue
05. A Stranger To Confide In
06. Goodbye For Now
07. The Raid
08. Texting, Calling
09. When Friends Fight
10. Raid Day
11. Headlines
12. Headlines pt2
13. The Price of Principle
14. The Barbeque Begins
15. Plot Twist
16. Thank You
17. Brother's Advice
18. Party & Penelope
19. 16 Missed Calls
20. A Huge Risk
21. A Surprise
22. A small world
23. A Fair Fight
24. The Game
25. The Results of the Game
26. Haunted
27. His Distance
28. The Big Brawl
29. For You I Will
30. Finally Over
31. Graduation
33. The Right Thing
34. Good News, Bad News
35. Closure
♥ Epilogue ♥
♥ Author's Note ♥

32. Prom Night

1.3K 76 23
נכתב על ידי Axela_16

Ashlin

I groaned loudly when I felt the sunlight seeping in through my window. I wasn't ready to get up, in fact I wasn't sure I could get up. After spending the night out with my friends and drinking too much alcohol. I was now feeling like I was about to die.

My head was hammering, my throat was dry and I was regretting every shot of Vodka and Hennessy I took.

I wasn't a heavy drinker, in fact I hardly drank anything besides water and fruit juice. Yet last night was a cause for celebration. After giving a good speech and collecting our diplomas as well as awards... We just had to celebrate.

So my friends and I had gone out for dinner to do just that. At first we were just enjoying some steak, roast salmon, mash potatoes, salad and champagne. Then next thing I know we're at  Jake and Jackson's house, drinking a whole lot of liquor.

In the moment it was all well and good and fun.

Yet now I was on the verge of death. As dramatic as that may sound... It was how I felt. Which was why I turned my back to my window and pulled the sheet over my head to block out the light.

Shit!

If I felt like this now, how was I going to make it to prom? I'd been waiting for the day I'd be crowned Prom Queen. Maybe I'd have to miss it because I really didn't feel so good.

I tried to recall how I made it home last night. As I was certain everyone was too drunk to drive. Then it all came back to me.

"Why is she crying?" Liz asked Gabriana her eyes droopy.

While I sat drinking Henny, bawling my eyes out.

"No idea, hey do you think blood is red or red is blood?" Gabriana replied, comely wasted.

Liz rolled her eyes at her and made her way over to me.

"Why are you crying?" She asked, as softly as she could muster.

I looked up at her with puppy eyes and kept repeating

"It's not fair! It's not fair!"

She seemed confused until she looked down at my phone, that was on Zion's Instagram page.

A video of him out with the football team was playing. He was smiling a big smile. While his teammates hoisted him in the air.

"What the heck is this?!" Liz asked angrily and I began to sob like a baby again.

"It's not fair! It's not fair!" I kept repeating.

Oh no!

I thought as I sat up straight under the sheet.

I had messed up big time!

Liz was probably going to have my neck when I saw her again. She must've figured something had happened between Zion and I. After I'd been denying there ever being a thing for the longest time.

"Plotting the lies you're going to feed me" Liz's voice came from my left and I dragged the sheet from over my body.

Shit!

Liz was sitting in a chair in the corner of my room. Looking directly at me, as if she had been waiting forever for me to wake up. What the heck was going on?

"How did you-" I began but she cut me off.

"How did I get into your room this early in the morning? Oh, If you remember clearly... I had to sleep here last night" she replied, finishing my question and giving me the answer.

I sighed loudly and turned my body in her direction completely.

"Liz, I'm sorry I didn't say anything" I apologized, although I was just really sorry she had found out.

I wanted to deal with it on my own.

"Ashlin I thought we were best friends" she spoke, her voice filled with hurt.

Which in turn caused me to feel horrible.

"We are best friends" I assured her and she shuck her head.

"Then why didn't you tell me he hurt you?" She asked, looking me directly in the eyes.

Because I couldn't, that was what I wanted to say but instead I just told her as much truth as I could.

"It's complicated" I answered, holding my head down as to not see her reaction.

"What did he do Ashlin?" She asked, her tone one of seriousness.

It was clear she was plotting his death already.

"He did nothing, It's nothing" I answered but the girl wasn't buying it.

"You freaking cried last night, just seeing a video of him with his friends!" She shouted and I looked up at her with warning in my gaze.

I didn't want Ryan to hear, he'd be happy to say 'I told you so'.

"Liz I said he did nothing. I'm fine, you have nothing to worry about" I told her.

I was done with the conversation. Infact, she was being hypocritical wanting answers from me. When I literally had to force her into confessing her Anorexia.

If I told her everything that went down with Zion, I'd have to reveal that he was suicidal. I could never do that to him. I couldn't betray him like that.

"Fine, be that way" she spat and got up from the chair.

"Where are you going?" I asked in frustration.

As if I'd asked the dumbest question. She looked at me and shook her head. Then she looked down at her watch, then back at me.

"Home" she answered, then turned on her heel and left my room.

Ughhhhhhhh

Why was my life so complicated right now? Like really, my best friend was mad at me. The Boy I was in love with was ghosting me and Prom was in a few hours, while my head was pounding away.

I mean I knew Liz would eventually come around but it was still awful having to argue. She was literally my R.O.D.  I hated making her feel like she wasn't my best friend. Yet I couldn't just go to her and spill all of Zion's secrets.

If I ever wanted to see Zion again. I'd have to keep mouth shut on his situation. Be patient and trust that he's healing and getting the necessary help. I just hoped his healing wouldn't take 10 years.

I already missed him.

It was so sad that I couldn't let go.

.............................

Fixing my braid into a nice flowy princess style, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was fully dressed and my face was glammed up.  I had taken some pain killers and waited out my hangover. Until I felt better.

So I was now ready to go to prom.

My prom dress was a very long gown, that resembles one you'd see in a Disney movie. It was tight at the top and flowed out at the waist. It had alot of layers and alot of glitter. It was mint green and strapless and to me it fit the prom theme perfectly.

Fantasy Land

I had so many options but I chose to be a magical princess. While my friends chose things like Elves, Mermaids and Beasts. I had gone the simplest route.

I just wanted to be a princess for one night. Knowing my mom would take hundreds of photos of me. To show her grandchildren, she'd said and I didn't blame her. I wanted my children to see me as a princess just as much as she did.

Plus I had drawn my own dress. I felt great wearing it. I wanted to be seen by everyone that night. I wanted to be crowned in my simple, yet incredible mint green gown.

"Ashlin! Your friends are here!" My mom shouted from downstairs and I quickly grabbed my clutch.

My friends thought it was best we travel together. So our parents had given us some money for a party bus to take us to the prom. Which I thought was seriously awesome because I'd never been in a party bus before.

I made my way down stairs and as I approached the end of the stairwell, I saw my mom with her Canon. She was video my journey down the stairs, just like in the movies. I must say she was really the biggest hype woman a girl could need.

"Look at my little princess!" She exclaimed, tears literally sliding down her face.

My Dad was also there, stood right beside her. His eyes glossy as if he also wanted to cry. Yet he was holding it in as much as possible.

"Princess, more like overdressed potato" Ryan commented, reminding me of his existence.

I rolled my eyes at him and flipped him the bird, which caused my mom to end the video immediately.

"Can't you two be Civil for once?" Mom asked, looking between us disappointedly.

"Oh sure mom, when hell freezes over we'll definitely be civil" Ryan answered sarcastically.

Dad gave him a small punch to the arm at that. Which caused him to raise his hands in surrender. Then he quickly apologized, to which mom swatted her hands as if shooing a fly.

I laughed at the interaction, as my family was hilarious.

Really

There was never a dull moment.

"Alright, Alright, remember we have pictures to take. You look stunning Ash" Gabriella reminded, as she entered the hall from the kitchen.

I could smell something nice cooking. Which made me want to stay for dinner. Yet I knew better, Senior Prom was a once in a lifetime thing. So I had to grab the opportunity.

1000 photos later....

Yes after a long period of taking photos, I could finally go outside to meet my friends.

So when I finally stepped through the front door, my friends cheered dramatically.  As if I had been in the house for decades. To which I didn't blame them because my mom had taken way too many pictures.

Who needs to have a thousand pictures of one girl in the same dress?

"Omg! You look stunning!" Elizabeth complimented.

I blushed so hard at her words because if she looked that good and was complimenting me, I must look really good.

She was decked out in a barbie themed mermaid outfit. She had on a tight crop top with gem stones and a mermaid tale skirt. It was all so breathtaking on her. Especially her hair that fell in waves down her back.

"Meeee, look at y'all!" I exclaimed, hyping them up.

Gabriana was in a Flowy dress with lots of frills. While Liz's mermaid outfit had alot of colors, Gabriana's outfit was white and gold. She had chosen to dress as an elven princess. She even had the ears to match.

However the best part of her out fit was the flower crown. It was made from real vines that had pretty flowers. She looked absolutely stunning.

Claire had chosen to dress as the Ice Queen. Which suited her, as her blonde hair and pale skin, went flawlessly with her light blue dress. Her dress was a tight fitted one, that started as a dress but had pants at the bottom. While a train held the outfit together with grace.

She was beautiful, Icy but still the hottest.

Not to mention the guys, with Jacob dressed exactly like the beast from Beauty and the beast. He even had horns in his head. Jake on the other hand was dressed as an anime character, who I was sure had the name Zenitsu. Jake even died his hair a temporary bright yellow to be as close to the character as possible.

I really loved their effort and how seriously they took prom.

Yet of course, there was one person who underdressed.

Jackson...

He wasn't exactly off theme. His outfit was just underwhelming. I mean who dresses as a Greek God for a theme called Fantasy Land? Oh yeah, Jackson.

They all smiled at me and Jacob met me halfway up my driveway. Then escorted me down carefully, ensuring I wouldn't trip over my own gown. Which I was grateful for as I didn't want to fall on my face.

At least not before I was crowned Prom Queen.

"Seems like your dress needs it's own party bus!" Claire joked as I struggled to get through the door of the vehicle.

That's the thing about gowns, especially one that was literally a princess ball gown. They were a real hassle. Plus extremely hard to fit on small spaces, without being ruined.

Yet thankfully, we were able to all fit in the bus.

The ride was fun, with pop music blasting through the speakers. While Jacob jokingly twerked on the pole that was in the party bus. It was the most cringe worthy thing I'd ever seen but it was still entertaining.

2 hours later we were all dancing the night away, with dozens of other people.

Most people had come dressed perfectly for the theme. While others kinda missed the mark. There was someone literally dressed like a minion. How the heck was that related to Fantasy Land?

Anyways we were all having fun. Then it came to the moment we had all been waiting for patiently. The Prom King and Queen Announcement.

"Ladies and Gents, Princesses, Princes, Elves, Mermaids and more. It's time to crown the King and Queen you voted for!" The Host, who was a member of the Dance club announced.

Which caused the crowd to be in a frenzy. With people debating amongst their Friends who it would be. I smiled brightly with confidence.

As I knew Claire told everyone not to nominate her because she didn't want to be Prom Queen. Which meant I had a great chance of winning. Even though I had no idea who else had been nominated.

"Alrighty, first up, let's have Macy Trainor on the stage!'" the host started to call up the nominees.

Macy quickly made her way up to the stage, in her mermaid dress. The crowd going wild for her. She was beaming under the lights and it started to set in that maybe I was being a bit too confident.

"Following Macy, Let's have Alysia Denver and Grace Wong on the stage!"  The Host continued and the girls happily made their way up.

Alysia in an angelic outfit, with the wings on the back to perfect the look.

Grace on the other hand was in an outfit that looked like it had been lit on fire at the bottom but gradually got prettier and sparklier at the top. Yet it was pretty, I was certain she was going for a phoenix.

The crowd went crazy again, with alot of people cheering for Alysia the most.

I was nervous.

No longer confident.

"Last but not least, let's get Ashlin King on stage!" The Host shouted and my friends, along with the crowd erupted in applauses.

I smiled at everyone my eyes met, as I quickly joined the other girls on stage.

This was crazy!

"Now before we crown our Queen, let's get the nominees for Prom King on stage!"

(Crowd cheers loudly)

"First up, we have Jake Williams and Brody Garrett!"

(Crowd cheers loudly)

"Next up is none other than Morris Clarke!"

(Crowd erupts in cheers, Ashlin internally winces)

"And finally... Darren Hall!" The Host shouted and Darren ran on stage, while the crowd applauded.

Wow, the guys really had a good mix.

"Without further delay, Our Prom King and Queen of Class 20XX is ..."

Please be me!

Please be me!

I internally prayed.

"Jake Williams and Alysia Denver!"

It wasn't me...

The room went wild again, as they placed the crowns atop friend and my neighbor's head.

While the rest of us on stage faked a smile and slowly made our way back down into the crowd.

I had been too confident.

I lost.

Then as if to make matters worse. As if watching Alysia and Jake give their speeches wasn't bad enough. As if watching them have the King and Queen slow dance wasn't enough torture.

When the slow dance ended... They placed Wolves by Selena Gomez and Marshmellow.

To which I heard Alysia shouting to someone

"Remember when Zion freaking Atkins himself sang this at my concert after the barbeque!
?!!"

To which the person replied

"Of course, It was him and that guy Taylor Stark!"

Zion Atkins...

Of course they had to bring him up.

I looked to my left to see Liz already looking at me with an unreadable expression.

Shit!

I was going to cry infront of my best friend.

Only this time I was sober...

She didn't win??!! Ashlin didn't win Prom Queen! How do you guys feel about that? 👀Also we're 4 chapters away from the end of this story!!🤯 Continue to vote, comment and share.
Also thank you for all the continued love and support. ✨

See ya in the next bit;)

~Axela💕

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2.8M 58.2K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
1.2M 36.8K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...
792 17 16
Marlin is a young man from the hoods of Chicago who desperately wants to get his family and himself out by any means necessary. However, he stutters...
64 3 11
"Books and words are all I have left..." This world is filled with horror, fear, anger, hatred, wonder, awe, happiness, appreciation... Outside, the...