The Genocide

By ASRussell

Bay has been judged her entire life. She's a "Half" which basically means she's half Werewolf and half Human... More

The Genocide
Chapter Two
Chapter Four

Chapter Three

6.3K 182 48
By ASRussell

I had fallen asleep curled up in a ball on the dark carpet. I was up in the late hours of the night trying to open the barred window, which conveniently Harry must have put in in the few hours I've known him, and then trying to configure a new plan of escaping alive.

I had come up with nothing. 

I would have to birth Harry's child and do everything he said. Life was never fair to me.

I had fallen asleep on the floor, but when I woke up, I was on the humongous bed and Harry was right beside me, pulling me into his stomach. I let out an cry and tried to pull away but I guess my cry alerted Harry to wake up and sense danger. 

His black eyes searched the room for any impeding danger, when there was none, his dark blue eyes shone down on me, quizzically. His black eyes wasn't what scared me, it was the porcelain canine popping out of his mouth. I shuddered and met his now normal eyes.

"I, uh, you're... in my... bed." I managed to gasp out. 

"Correction, you're in my bed." Harry shrugged and pulled his black v neck down over his chest. 

"Can we talk?" I asked. 

Harry nodded, sitting up. "Take a shower and then we'll get some food into your stomach. I can't have you starving on me, can I?" 

I gripped the sheets in my hand and pushed them away, falling out of the bed. It wasn't until I heard a groan did I look back at Harry. His eyes were pitch black as he stared at my butt. I was about to stomp over there and slap him for being a pervert until did I realize that in my sleep, the dress had folded and was showing off my pale thigh. I quickly blushed while fixing it and Harry threw me a new summer dress. 

"Does he get steal these dresses out of a 12 year old sister’s closet?!" I muttered before slipping into the shower and taking the longest I possibly could. I was dreading Harry and I's talk. 

Pulling on the white summer dress, I pulled my hair back with a head band so it'd stay out of my face and left the room. I had no idea where to go, so I walked down the stairs to bump into someone causing a bunch of books to fall from their hands. 

A girl, a little older than me, with thick framed glasses stared back at me as I bent over to retrieve her book that had fallen when I ran into her. 

"I'm so sorry." I apologized, handing her a few of the books. They were classics and a bunch of them were romantic.

"It's alright. I wasn't looking where I was going, I should be the one apologizing." She said as she began putting the books in the correct order biggest to small so it'd be easier carrying them. 

"What's your name?" I asked. The girl froze with fear and sighed, "Anna." 

"Anna, I'm Bay." I tried to offer her a sincere smile but she just shrunk away, tending to her books as if they were little wounded forest animals. I still had one of the book in my hands, "Little Women". I had remembered reading it when I was in high school. 

"This is a really good book. I felt a strong connection with Jo." I smiled at her. Anna brushed a strand of brown hair behind her ear. 

"M-Me too. I-I like to write." She stared up at me in awe. 

"I don't really write but I love to read! Maybe I could read them sometime?" I asked. She blushed but nodded and I handed her  the book. 

A deep growl came from behind Anna as I handed her the book. I narrowed my eyes at Harry, who was trying to intimidate Anna. 

"Why are you conversing with this servant?" Harry growled, grabbing my arm. I watched Anna's reaction carefully. She opened her mouth to say something but shut it, looking down as tears filled her eyes. Harry's expression showed no guilt for making the young girl cry. I sighed and reached forward, bringing her head to my chest as I cooed soothing words at her. 

"She may be your servant, but she has rights." I spoke. Harry watched the scene with a little smile. Anna pulled away and decided to leave us alone, but before she did she curtsied to Harry.

"Like you still think you do?" Harry asked. I tried to keep the smile off my face as I looked down. 

"Glad to see you're catching on Mr. Martin." I shrugged and walked forward in the direction I thought the kitchen was in. I pushed open a dark door and flicked on the light. 

My heart stopped. Books were everywhere. The room had a floor to ceiling bookcase packed tight with books. I ran my fingers over the front cover of one on the desk that were collecting in dust. I brushed my fingers off on my dress and continued exploring. 

There were vintage classics in here! I turned to Harry to see him leaning against the doorframe, his nose scrunched in distaste as he picked up one book in particular and set it on the desk. 

If he didn't like to read why would he have a library in his house? 

"My mother liked to read... and when she went blind in an accident... my father would read to her." Harry pursed his lips and nodded behind him, indicating for us to leave the room. I sighed and dragged my feet towards the exit of the room. 

Harry chuckled, "If you really like it in there, you can go in there anytime. I'd love to see it get some use. I don't read and Cindy gets a headache at the sight of a book. It would be nice for it to be used." 

"I'm permitted to go in there?" I teased him, walking alongside him. 

"If you keep pestering me, I won't allow you." He warned,his tone deep. I rolled my eyes.

I sighed, "Do you know what a joke is?" 

"Do you think I'm stupid?" He asked, raising a large eyebrow at me. 

"No, it's just... you take things too seriously." I offered, shrugging slightly. 

"You think I'm weird?" He said in a slightly offended tone. 

"I never said that!" I denied, pulling at the dress.

"Yes you did."

"I never called you weird!" 

"See? You just did." Harry grinned, a set of perfect white teeth catching the dim hall light. I stared at him, bewildered as he started cracking up. "That’s your joke?" I inclined. 

When he didn't answer, I walked ahead of him, following the wayfaring smell of waffles. Harry was different than a lot of guys I had ever met. Usually they were arrogant jerks. He was a little odd. 

I walked through a door frame and gasped, "Are you kidding me?" I asked as I walked into the light blue kitchen and licked my lips. 

"What?" Harry asked, clearly amused by my demeanor. I touched the wood and gasped over the appliances. 

"This kitchen is amazing!" I beamed. 

"You like to cook?" 

"I dabble. You have to learn when you live alone." I murmured. 

"Maybe you can cook dinner?" 

"Do I even have a choice?" 

Harry sighed and sat down on one of the twirling stools. He didn't answer as he grabbed three waffles and stacked them on a plate before passing it down my way, all the way at the end of the island. In the middle a jar of butter and syrup stood waiting. 

I dragged my plate to the middle of the island and opened the jar of butter. I searched for a butter-knife to spread the butter but found nothing. 

"Where's your butter-knife's?" I asked. Harry paused and stood straight. He looked at me and bit his lip, he reached up and scratched his head, "They're in a drawer." 

"A drawer. Harry, please tell me you know where they are. It's your kitchen." I rolled my eyes and began pulling at different drawers. 

"Correction, it's Kayla's kitchen." He said referring to someone I didn't know. I assumed she must be the cook or something. Oh course Cindy wouldn't want to touch the food. She barely eats as it is!

"You sure do have a knack for correcting me." I mumbled pulling open a drawer. I sighed when I opened the second drawer of decorative towels. 

"Can you help me?" I asked, angrily. 

"It looks like you're getting the hang of it. You'll find them eventually." Harry pursed his lips and I found myself staring at them. Feeling with my hand I opened a drawer and unwillingly looked down. I grinned when I saw a divider. I grabbed two forks and a butter-knife. I threw Harry his fork and started buttering my waffle before saturating it in maple syrup. 

I went to take a bite but I felt Harry's eyes on me. I flushed and dropped my fork to the white plate. I stared down at the counter and cleared my throat, uncomfortably. 

"Don't look at me!" I hissed, my stomach growling. I was starving but I wasn't going to eat something so messy in front of him!

Why do I care what he thinks? 

"It's no big deal!" Harry exclaimed, sliding his waffle away from him. 

"Yes it is!" I mocked his movements and placed my head on the table. 

"Eat," He ordered. I rolled my eyes at him and growled incoherently under my breath. 

"Bay, eat!" 

"No." I grumbled. 

"I will force feed you," he warned. 

I glowered at him and licked my lips. I got up and pulled open the fridge, gathering an orange and a pack of strawberries. I pulled open a drawer and grabbed a knife. I began slicing the strawberries in half and tearing off the green leaves. Then I cut the orange 6 times. 

Despite how hungry I was for the waffles, there was no way I was eating something that messy in front of him. I sat on the stool next to him and sat my plate of fruits in front of us. I bit into the strawberry and raised an eyebrow at him. 

Harry shook his head at me but said nothing. I took a strawberry and handed it to him. He raised a thick eyebrow at me, causing my breath to catch in my throat. Standing up, I put a shaky hand behind his neck. I brought the strawberry up and brought it along his lips. I watched as he grabbed my wrist softly and stared up at me. 

"I'm allergic to strawberries." Harry said, his lip puckering out.

"What? Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!" I apologized. "Do you have any antihistamines?" I pulled open a cabinet. "God, I have no idea where your bathro-" I was interrupted by Harry's booming laughter. 

"It’s a joke, Bay."

"You have a sick sense of humor!" I yelled, swatting at his chest. I had never met someone so infuriating. Harry sure was something else. When I pulled away, Harry grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me into his chest. 

Immediately I felt better. More at home. More safe and secure that I had felt in a few months. 

"Do you feel that?" He asked. I shook my head no at him and he pulled me on his lap, brushing away a few hairs on my neck before touching my claim. A red hot fire spread throughout my body as he did that. The gasp that surpassed my lips was all he needed for an answer. 

"Every Werewolf has a mate. A soul mate. One other person, that despite their flaws and preferences, will love you unconditionally. You, Bay, are my soul mate. That feeling, that emotion you get when I touch you, is the result of the bond we are forming as we speak." 

"Can we break the bond?" I whispered. Harry narrowed his eyes and looked offended, his fingers traced over the claim, my heart picking up in speed. 

"Not now." He whispered and tapped the claim, as if the bite was supposed to explain everything. 

"And if I don't want the bond?" I asked, breathlessly. Harry's eyes grew darker and he pursed his lips but a smile sneaked a way onto his face. 

"Then, I guess it's good that what you say and want doesn't matter." He smiled, wrapping his arms around me lovingly. I squirmed in his arms until he let me go, but that wasn't until he placed a sweet kiss on my temple. 

"So, how did Werewolves come to be?" I asked. Harry narrowed his eyebrows but placed me in my seat so I could eat. 

I honestly was curious. With the title of a Half, I wasn't allowed to go to the academy so I never learned like all the other full blooded wolves. I learned by what my father told me. 

"How did humans come to be?" He asked, petting my hair. 

I didn't say anything, just stared at him until he began the story. 

"There was this woman, Coteen. She had had her children murdered by vampires, so she went and visited a Witch who helped her come up with a spell to be able to morph under the moonlight, and to be able to bite a human to make them into shape shifters also. She bit seven men, to which she had seven children with, making them the first full blooded Alpha's. Only the first Alpha was granted the ability to bite, to make their packs big and strong. Unfortunately we lost the ability to bite humans by the second Alpha otherwise, I would have bitten you already." 

"Why?" I asked as I bit into an orange. 

"Because you're a human." 

"And that's bad because...?" 

"We can't be... together." He shrugged as if he was discussing the weather. 

"Uh..." 

"At least in public..." His blue eyes shone with a light I had never seen before. 

"Wait, what?" I was dumbfounded by what he said. 

"We could be together... alone." 

"Please tell me you're joking." I begged, pushing away the plate. 

"I'm not." Harry looked at me weirdly, like I was weird for being appalled to what he was proposing. He spun the plate in front of me and gave me a look that told me to eat. 

"Harry, it's not normal. If you're going to marry Cindy, then I'm going to marry some other guy." 

A warning growl sounded from his throat. 

"You're not going to DO anything." 

"It seems only fair that I get to marry also." I stubbornly crossed my arms. 

"You can marry me." He propositioned playing with an orange peel. 

"I don't want to marry you. I want to go home." I admitted, popping a strawberry in my mouth. 

Harry dropped his face in his hands and sighed, "Look. Werewolves and humans just don't mix too well... I've done things to my pack, if I were to be with you publicly, then I'd be a hypocrite." 

"What did you do?" 

"It's nothing now." 

I sighed and raked a hand through my hair, "I need to visit my brother..." 

"We can go sometime..."

"No, you told me some secrets about him... I need to talk to him alone."

"Your brother is too dangerous, no."

"So are you." I countered.

Harry sighed. "Can your brother come here?" 

I have him a hard look, "Do you really want him around?"

A smile teased Harry's lips. Once again I was entranced by his smile. 

It really wasn't fair, I couldn't and wouldn't ever be the same. All of this is Darwin's fault. If we hadn't met up at the diner, I would have been at my apartment, sleeping and happy. Not taken against my will. 

This doesn't even feel like a kidnapping. Harry treats me hospitable. He doesn't hit me or starve me. Harry actually wasn't that bad. He looked like a bear and acted like a teddy bear.

My own teddy bear.

Harry was looking out the kitchen window with his eyebrows pulled together. He looked so much older, the way the early morning sun wad hitting his head made it look gray, while the pensive look on his face made him look as old as my father. 

I brought a shaky hand up and ran it over the lines, amazed. How could someone be so perfect? Harry jumped, startled, but once he realized it was me, he eased back into my hand. I pushed the stress lines out of his face. 

"I truly wish things were easier, Bay." Harry's words rang out in sincerity. My feelings were unsure about Harry, but I knew that I was safe. 

"Harry..."

"I know it's not fair to drag you around. But please, give me time. Give me some time to figure all of this out." 

"I'll give you time if you give me some freedom." 

"You're such a bargainer." Harry shook his head and picked up my plate before setting it in the sink.

He leant against the Refrigerator and watched me for a long moment, "Alright... We can work something out." 

"Like what?" 

"I'm not sure... Do you want to go to the library?" He asked. I jumped off the stool eagerly. 

Harry shook his head at me but nevertheless lead me back to the one room I had fallen in love with. 

Upon entering, I found the couch and laid down on it. I stretched out and yawned. Beside me was a table filled with old books. I picked up one and opened it, cherishing the smell of the old book. 

It seemed as if Harry couldn't get past the doorway. I narrowed my eyes at him and motioned for him to come in but he shook his head.

I sighed, sitting up and walking over to where he was, I pulled him in the doorway as he gathered his breath. 

"You okay?" I asked. 

"I haven't been in here since my mother died."

"I'm sorry." I apologized. 

"It's alright, you didn't realize." He shrugged his shoulders, and looked around. 

"I never went into my parents room after my Mother died either." I admitted. Walking over the couch, I sat back down and hugged my knees. 

Harry came over and hesitantly sat on the couch, "It’s weird, being in here. It feels like I can't breathe." He rubbed his chest while I narrowed my eyes. I turned around and gripped the red curtains expecting a window. I only saw red bricks, like the rest of the room. 

My eyes narrowed as I trailed my fingers over the rough surface. 

"My mom and dad met under a similar situation such as ours. My mother was... a Half and her parents passed her off as a human, so when my father met her he stole her away-"

"I see kidnapping runs in the family." I noted jokingly.

"Anyways, he gave her all she needed, and he gave her this room full of books, but she was never happy, and she attempted to run away. She escaped through this window, once my father caught her and brought her home, he filled this window with bricks and sealed it shut."

"That's a little too much..."

"He couldn't stand the thought of her leaving. I can't stand the thought of you leaving." Harry admitted and we grew into a comfortable silence. He huffed and looked at the floor. 

"Come here," I ordered. Harry looked at me quizzically but he slid in front of me. I sat on my knees and began rubbing his back. His back was so thick and hard. I bit my lip as I rubbed as hard as I could. 

"Ow," he complained. I chuckled and eased up. "Thank you." He caught my hand while I was rubbing his shoulders. He pulled it to his lips and kissed my hand. My heard leapt in my chest as he leaned around and started planting kisses on my arm, going higher and higher at such a slow pace. He pushed me back on the couch and gently laid over top of me as he kissed my jaw. He took his sweet time getting to my mouth. 

Letting out a ragged breath, I pulled on his black V-neck, while my other hand was at the back of his neck. I leaned up and guided his lips to mine. 

His lips were plump and warm; I was surprised by how soft they were. His hands trailed up and down my arms as we kissed. The kiss was hot from the close interaction and from the lack of air. I pulled away and he began kissing my neck. I looked up at the dark ceiling and tried to gather my breaths as Harry placed bittersweet kisses on my neck and chest. 

I shoved at his chest but he didn't comply. I was worried that of he didn't stop soon we'd do something I'd regret. 

"Harry, stop." I gasped at him, my voice weak in my own ears. Harry pulled away, but that wasn't before I saw canines hanging out of his mouth. He looked at me with black eyes and growled menacingly. 

I cowered into the back of the couch as he growled, when he saw my reaction, he walked angrily out of the room. 

Well, this just got a little harder. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715 27 16
A thousand years past, the world was run by humankind. But it changed, when countries became embroiled in a war that gave the werewolves the opportun...
5.7K 437 52
He was the beta in his world. She was the vampire. They were in a relationship. A secret relationship. He wouldn't be able to explain his interest in...
1M 20.2K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...