His Final Riddle

بواسطة LunaModeGreen

This is the second book in The Last Riddle series. Please read The Last Riddle before this. Spoilers for Th... المزيد

1. Alone
2. Hello Father
3. The Malfoy's garden party
4. Lovers to enemies to what?
6. Walk proud and high
7. Mood swings
8. Romeo and Juliet
9. Christmas Slugs
10. Free will is a gift
11. I will be stronger
12. Remember your place
13. Lets start with a bang
14. Poisoned glances
15. Happy 17th birthday
16. I will choose you, every time
UPDATE
17. House elf spies
18. Sleep well
19. We work together or not at all
20. To win the war, sacrifices have to be made.
21. Leave it all behind
22. Puzzle piece
23. Oceans of Narcissus
24. There is sense of charity in a quick death
25. Fathers will
26. The French Revolution
27. The party and the wedding
28. The prodigal son returns
29. A messy Nott of chaos
30. Zombie eyes
31. The aftermath
32. Father's will
33. Sicilian Summer

5. The Slug Club

947 26 0
بواسطة LunaModeGreen

Narcissa stands opposite Draco and I her hands by her side. Her face is paler than usual and her eyes flit about the platform nervously. Her usual confidence is missing and instead she gives off the feeling of extreme discomfort.

Draco adjusts his clothes as the train lets of a large amount of steam, the platform is full of students all excitedly hurrying on and off the train. Sad parents and families wave goodbye to the students as trunks and animals are passed around.

In contrast Draco, Narcissa and I are all dressed in black and barely moving. Silence falls over us as we all try to block out the whispers and snarky comments being aimed at us. Lucius' name is mentioned and Narcissa practically flinches. The Malfoy name really has not been the same since last summer and I know that I am to blame.

I look at Draco who has a bored expression on his face, his eyes shift away from the wall and meet mine. For a brief second I see the mask slip from his face, embarrassment and sadness fills his eyes before he looks away again.

He attempts a smile to his mother, he rests his hand on her left shoulder and squeezes it slightly "you should be getting back to the manor now." He gestures to the train "Angelica and I should find our space in the Slytherin carriage."

Narcissa shakes her head "no no I want to wait until the train leaves." She raises a shaking hand and pushes the hair away from her face.

A sharp pain fills my stomach as I realise just how hard it is for her being here. This is the first time she has had to stand on this platform without her husband besides her, she has never had to wave her son off to school alone. After she has she then has to return to her manor alone, whilst death eaters work downstairs and she continues having to deal with her husbands mistakes tarnishing the image she has spent years building up.

I smile comfortingly at her "honestly Mrs Malfoy, Draco and I can make our way onto the train alone. Plus when we get into the Slytherin carriage you won't be able to see us anyway." I gesture to the entrance of the platform "plus it is going to rain soon and it's better you get home in time to make sure all the garden door's are shut. Nothing worse then rain on mahogany floors."

Draco nods in agreement "she is right mother. We left all the doors open before we left to get rid of the smell from the floo powder remember? Too many people are coming in and out and you said the house was starting to smell horrible."

Narcissa looks back and forth between us both, she suddenly seems so small and unsure of herself. She sighs once and nods "you're both right." She turns to me and pulls me into her arms, I can feel just how thin she is as her bony fingers press against my spine.

"Angelica dear take care of yourself okay. Your father has asked Professor Snape to keep him updated with how you are doing at school, make sure you study hard and listen to Snape at all times okay?" She steps back and watches me intently "I mean it Angelica. Listen to Severus okay?"

I nod mutely, I have no idea what to say so instead I just nod again "okay Mrs Malfoy."

Draco steps towards his mother "we should get onto the train."

Narcissa turns to her son and places her hand against his cheek, her eyes water as she looks at him her mouth pressed into a thin line.

"Draco" her words come out a soft whisper and her voice catches in her throat.

Suddenly I feel as if I am imposing on something very private between the two of them. I step backwards and turn around facing the train crossing my arms across my chest, watching the students hurry past me.

Mrs Malfoy's words are drowned out by the sounds around me. As I am stood besides Draco his words reach my ears. I can hear the sadness in his voice as he assures his mother that he will be safe this year. Suddenly his voice changes and I feel him take a step back from her.

I turn to face them to see Draco now furious, his arms are crossed over his chest and his chin is in the air. He pushes his mother's outstretched hand away as he glares at her "I can do this. Stop doubting me, it's my job now to pick up after father's errors. It's my right."

Narcissa sighs as the places her hand back at her side. She looks across at me now ignoring her son, she offers me a sad smile. "You should both get on the train then."

Draco nods sharply "I'll get our trunks." He picks them both up and turns on his heel walking onto the large red carriage without another glance at his mother.

Awkwardly I wave at Narcissa "goodbye Mrs Malfoy. Thank you for having me over the summer, hopefully I will see you soon." I pick up Moody's cat cage and smile tightly at Narcissa as I step onto the train following Draco along the corridor. I lean against a window and watch as Mrs Malfoy lowers her eyes to the ground her shoulder slumped from tiredness, she turns away from the train and disappears from sight.

"Ang come on." Draco holds open the door to the Slytherin compartment his face still angry.

I nod my head and walk quickly down the hallway following him inside.

Draco slides into a seat and rests his elbows on the table in front of us. He stares out of the window besides us but I can see his eyes aren't really focusing on anything in particular. Sitting besides him I reach into my bag grabbing a random book, pretending to read it so I can avoid looking at the other Slytherins walking past us.

"Guys!" A cheerful feminine voice breaks me out of my fixation of looking between Draco and my book. I look up already smiling as I recognise the ball of green running towards us.

Pansy smiles widely as she pushes past a group of first years "move pip squeaks! Ang! Merlin I have missed you babes!" She launches herself on to my lap squeezing me tightly "I have so much to tell you about my summer!" She steps away and slides into the chair opposite Draco and I. She ignores Malfoy all together however as she grabs my hands over the table "tell me everything that's happened to you recently! I feel like I've missed you so much."

I smile as Pansy begins to speak all about her holiday and what her parents have been up to. The train begins to move taking off slowly and the students around us settle down into their seats their voices calming down past the initial excitement.

Draco suddenly looks up and I feel him tense in his seat, I follow his eyes and feel myself tense up also. Blaise and Xavier are walking through the carriage between us, Blaise is dressed as impeccably as ever as he looks around the compartment for space. His eyes meet mine and I can see his eyes slowly widening in shock.

Blaise stops where he is and offers me a tight smile, I smile back at him and gesture to the bench opposite.

Xavier places his hand on Blaise's shoulder "hey come there's a seat here with Crabbe and Goyle." He turns away without looking at me and slides into a seat. Blaise nods at Draco once his face suddenly turning serious once again, he slides into the seat besides Xavier and looks away.

Draco looks at me his face apologetic "it will get better. You guys just need some time together ." He places his arms over my shoulders and pulls me into his side "it will be okay Ang."

Pansy ignores the two of us as she begins talking to Daphne Greengrass across the carriage.

I sigh as I lean into Draco's shoulder grateful for the comfort. Perhaps only being friends with him is exactly what I need this year.

"Umm Angelica?" A small squeaky voice sounds from besides me.

I turn to see a second year Ravenclaw staring at me with wide eyes. I lean away from Draco and sit up raising my eyebrows.

"Um yeah?" I offer the second year a small smile "are you okay?"

The second year relaxes upon seeing my smile "can you come with me please? I've been sent to get you."

Draco leans over me "what are you talking about? Why would she just come with you without an explanation?" His tone is sharp as he glares at the small child.

The Ravenclaw gulps loudly "oh uh um. I'm sorry I was just sent to to get you." He wipes his hands on his trousers nervously. 

I push Draco back gently glaring at him "shh Draco. Stop being mean." I turn back to smile at the second year standing up "come on then, lead the way."

Draco tuts "you can't be serious Ang."

I poke my tongue out at him mockingly "don't be jealous because no one has come to summon you mysteriously."

Draco rolls his eyes but smirks slightly at my immaturity. As I begin to walk away with the Ravenclaw I turn back one last time and see Draco watching me smirking, I smile and throw him the middle finger before closing the door of the compartment behind me. I hear a loud laugh from within the compartment, I know instantly that Draco is sat there laughing by himself.

"It's in here." The small Ravenclaw points to the end carriage of the train. He smiles once at me before scarpering away in the other direction.

Staring wide eyed after the disappearing child I look back towards the door of the compartment. What the hell is waiting for me on the other side?

I push open the door and my eyes slowly adjust to the darkness within. A large chandelier lights the space up, I can see every inch of the carriage is covered in dark red velvet.

"Ahh! You must be Miss Riddle." A large portly old man walks towards me smiling widely. The compartment has been magically influenced to appear much larger than it should be. A large table fills most of the space in the middle as a few people are stood around the edges of the room with glasses of drinks in their hands.

The man smiles at me "I suppose introductions are in order. I am professor Horace Slughorn your new potions professor. I used to be the head of Slytherin during your fathers time at school."

I cringe as the old man places his hand on my shoulder, he stops moving and stares at me his eyes wide.

"Merlins beard you are the spitting image of your father aren't you?" He steps backwards "your eyes. Your father looked at me in exactly the same way." He smiles "I've been told you have your mothers heart however, well that's reassuring I suppose. Now come along Miss Riddle."

"Oh um I prefer to not go by that name. Angelica is fine Professor." I cross my arms over my chest out of uncomfortableness.

Professor Slughorn nods absently "mhm well I can understand that I'm sure. Come through, come through. Go mingle." He pushes me off into the centre of the room.

I stumble slightly before coming to a stand still, I look around the room curiously. I let out a relieved breath as my eyes land on Theo's face. He smiles and walks towards me.

"Hey Ang" Theo hugs me and kisses me on the cheek "finally someone normal is here." He passes me a glass of pumpkin juice from a side table.

I smile at Theo "seriously what the hell is this?"

Theo laughs slightly as he looks around "it's the Slug Club. My dads told me about it before, when Slughorn last worked at Hogwarts he would choose his favourite students every year and invite them to a private club."

I raise my eyebrows at him "he doesn't even know us yet!"

Theo smirks "it's not about the person usually, most of it's based on family connections." His face drops as he takes in my expression "don't even ask me why you or I are here."

I cross my arms angrily "well your grandfather was an amazing wizard and inventor so it probably has something to do with that." I sigh "I on the other hand have a murderous facist for a father."

Nott stays silent as he takes a large sip of his juice.

The door opens once more and this time two students walk in at the same time. My eyes widen at the two boys, Blaise and Harry both walk through the door obviously ignoring each other and both as confused as to what's happening.

Slughorn laughs loudly and walks over to greet the two men. Blaise avoids my eyes as he looks about the room taking in the scene in front of him.

"Come on let's take a bloody seat and hope this journey passes by quickly." I walk into the centre of the room and plop down into a seat at the table.

Theo sits besides me flicking his wand side to side, it's only when I look over do I see what he's using magic to push a third year Hufflepuffs drink closer to their face every time they go to drink. Finally Theo does one big flick causing the Hufflepuff to randomly throw their drink in the air soaking the two students besides them.

Theo chuckles and looks back down at the table, clearly satisfied with his little prank.

I roll my eyes but can't help but let out a small giggle, Theo looks up and smiles at me.

"You're a child Theodore Nott." I elbow him teasingly.

Theo shrugs "need to do something to keep myself entertained, this is really fucking boring."

"Well let's all take a seat and we can keep this fascinating conversation going can't we!" Slughorn claps his hands and leads the way over to where Theo and I are already sat. "Take a seat, take a seat."

Slughorn begins speaking to the person besides him asking what it is that their parents do for a living. As he makes his way round the table I can tell what responses are impressing him and which people he most likely won't be inviting to the next party.

"Now Miss Angelica Riddle" Slughorn smiles widely at me.

Harry sucks in a breath from two seats down and I can sense that he is looking at me in confusion.

"Oh Professor, I don't really go by that surname." I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

Slughorn laughs dismissively "right, right." He leans forward across the table "you know I taught your father at school" he looks around the group "very troubled boy. I hate to talk about it really." Slughorn nods to himself as he continues to mumble "yes I hate to talk about it." He takes a large gulp of his drink, his eyes now slightly red from intoxication, he looks across at me intensely.

"Your father, hmm. Yes he truly did terrible things didn't he" Slughorn points to Harry "I'm sure you know that better than anyone dear boy. Terrible things sure but he was a terrific wizard." Slughorn hiccups loudly before looking off into the distance.

I feel my stomach twist in pain as I look up meeting Harrys eyes. He looks back at me his face a strange expression, it's almost like a perfect mixture of anger and sadness.

I feel sick as all eyes are watching me in silence taking in Slughorn's words. I push the plate in front of me away as bile rises up my throat.

Terrible things but a terrific wizard.

"Honestly Ang my summer was just intense. I suppose that's the only word for it really, like so much sex, love and music you know?" Pansy sits opposite me talking loudly as she looks around.

I laugh "sounds very interesting Pans." I smile as Pansy looks left and right hoping someone can hear what she is saying.

"Oh you have no idea. Just so much sex you know?"

I roll my eyes "yeah I get it Pans. Hey have you seen Draco?"

Pansy shrugs "he stayed on the train when we got off. Don't ask me why."

I furrow my eyebrows as I turn to Theo, Crabbe and Goyle "guys where's Draco?"

The three boys all shrug and carry on eating clearly unfazed by their best friends disappearance.

Annoyed I huff at them and stand from my seat, I suppose I will just have to find him myself then. As I turn to walk out of the hall I freeze as I see Harry walking into the hall with blood stained down his shirt, he is clutching a wet flannel to his nose as he walks to the Gryffindor table.

I start to walk towards him until I see Draco walking into the hall, he is smirking to himself as he walks forward his hands shoved into his trouser pockets.

I cross my arms and begin to tap my foot impatiently. Draco stops walking when he is a metre away from me and his small smirk breaks into a wide smile, he lets out a soft laugh as he winks at me.

"Draco Malfoy, what the fuck did you do?" I raise an eyebrow at him my face dead serious but I can feel a small smile breaking on to my face.

Draco merely shrugs "I don't know what you mean Prefect Angelica."

I roll my eyes "very funny." My face suddenly becomes serious "but did you hurt him Draco?"

Draco shakes his head annoyed "he's fine Ang. Honestly leave it. Now sit down Dumbledore is about to speak."

Draco doesn't look at me again as he slides into the bench crossing his arms on the table and staring into the distance. Annoyed by his sudden change of mood and his obvious lie I sit down besides Pansy forcing her to sit in between Draco and I.

I look across the hall and see Ginny gently holding the now bloody flannel against Harrys face. He is smiling at her and I can see the dark red spots on Ginny's cheeks as she avoids his eyes.

I feel curiosity take over me as I look over at the Hufflepuff table, Poppy is sat with her back to both Ginny and Harry and she seems to be laughing loudly with her friends obviously unbothered by Ginny playing nurse.

Hmm I wonder what's going on there.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.3K 15 20
Preview: "Lady Hermione & Voldemort: Last Riddle family " story all completed. New beginning pure-blood witch mixed follower two twin sisters togethe...
723 32 20
"𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙢𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣. 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝...
54.7K 1.9K 51
Sequel to "Extreme Ways" What if Merope Gaunt decided to live for her son? Would Voldemort ever exist? Evelyn Burke made her biggest ambition come tr...
18.4K 499 34
WAIT UNTIL THE END, MAIN CHARACTERS AREN'T BLOOD- RELATED I'm y/n Riddle , yes the daughter of Lord Voldemort . This story won't follow the normal t...