New Days

By Mostlymadzz

The sequel to DARK NIGHTS... The fight is over. Deku is imprisoned, you have been pardoned, and life slowly b... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two

Prologue

125 10 3
By Mostlymadzz

Welcome to the sequel of DARK NIGHTS. Make sure to check out DARK NIGHTS before you read this story.

Hello to my readers from DARK NIGHTS! Hope you like this book just as much :) ENJOY!

"Hey kid. Can you hear me?"

I slowly opened my eyes. The bright lights hurt but slowly things cleared and I could make out Hawks staring down at me.

"H-Hawks?"

I questioned as I rubbed my eyes. I tried to sit up, but a hand on my shoulder pressed me back down carefully.

"I don't think so. You were pretty badly hurt. Move too much and you will pop your stitches."

He said gesturing to my stomach. I lifted the covers to see that I was in a hospital gown and wrapped up in bandages. I then dropped the covers and took in my surroundings.

"Is this a hospital?"

"Yup. Got you here just in time-"

It then hit me.

"The fight! DEKU! KATSUKI!! Is he okay? Did you get Deku-"

"Hey slow down kid and lay back down- I swear.. that's why I stuck around. Knew you would be all jumpy and they wanted someone to keep an eye on you."

"Is Katsuki alright?"

"He'll be fine. He's got a long road to recovery but he'll live-"

"I wanna see him-"

"And you will once your both in better health."

I threw my head back onto the pillow and stared at the celling in frustration. I then sighed and without looking at Hawks asked my next question...

"And Deku?"

"He's in a maximum security prison.. you don't have to worry about him."

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of relief or exhaustion.. I don't know.

I then turn back to look at Hawks.

"And as for me? Will you be putting me back in a psych hospital or prison?"

"The hero commission has actually agreed to pardon you after what you did out there yesterday. Also most of your crimes have been minor it was just your affiliation with Deku that made things look worse than they were.. you've never killed anyone..

Right...as far as they know...

Im just going to be happy that I don't have go back to that place, the rehabilitation.. psych ward.. prison.. I don't know..

Though now what?

No Deku. No prison.

So what? I'm just a average citizen now?

"For now focus on your recovery and don't do anything stupid or they will throw you back in jail or worse.. it's why I was tasked to watch you."

Guess that kind of answers my question...

"Right."

I said in response.

"Well I'll let you rest. I'll be back soon."

I nodded and closed my eyes. All I could think about was Katsuki. Hawks said he was okay but I had to see him for myself. I don't know if I could wait.

After I could see that Hawks was long gone I slowly made my way to a seated position.

I noticed I was hooked to an IV and I felt a bit loopy from medicine. Also, I wasn't in much pain. So against my better judgment I pulled my IV out and made my way out of the bed. I was definitely weak and it was hard to walk. I now after standing started to feel some pain but I ignored it. I had to see him and make sure he was okay.

The hospital was pretty empty. The hall I walked down had a nurse or two, but I easily avoided them. I guess it was pretty late at night or really early in the morning.. I had no idea nor did I care. I had one mission..

I then stopped.

"Shit. I don't know what room he's in.."

I would ask a nurse but she would probably make me go back to my room. I clearly looked like a patient.

I looked around the hall. Near a desk where a nurse sat I saw a staff room door. So, while the nurse wasn't looking I slipped in.

There were scrubs and other random supplies laying around in what appeared to be more of a storage room.

I grabbed some scrubs and changed. My bandages began to turn red near the middle and the pain was worsening. I gritted my teeth and pushed through.

I looked in a nearby mirror. I looked sick and weak.. it was sad. Soon I would be back to looking like the bad bitch I am though..

I took a deep breath and grabbed a hair tie tying my hair up and a medical mask to put on to somewhat hide my face.

I then tried to walk like I wasn't in pain and walked out the room to the desk where the nurse was.

"Exuse me?"

"Yes?"

She answered in greeting to me.

"Today's my first day.. I was assigned to check on a patient named Katsuki Bakugou. Do you know the room number? They forgot to tell me."

The nurse looked at me suspiciously but she looked too tired to care.

"Let me look it up.."

She said with a yawn.

"Room 22.. it's just down the hall on the right."

I nodded my thanks and quickly walked away before she was awake enough to notice I wasn't truly a nurse.

I made it to the room. The door was cracked open so I peaked inside. I didn't see anyone, but there was a curtain blocking the bed.. I assume behind it just lay Katsuki in the bed.

I walked in closing the door behind me.

I made my way in around the curtain to see him laying there unconscious. An oxygen mask on his face, bandages on his arms and one side of his face, and IV's hooked to him.

I walked over so I was beside the bed and sat down on the bedside so I could be closer to him. I then removed my mask.

"Hey Kat."

I said as I stroked his cheek. He moved slightly but didn't wake.

"Katsuki?"

I asked hoping to see him open his eyes or eye, as the other was covered with bandages, but I didn't get a response.

I sighed.

"You better pull through you hear me? I didn't risk my ass out there to save you for you to die on me."

I moved my hand from his cheek to hold his hand.

"Thank you.."

I focused my attention elsewhere for just a moment before my attention was drawn back to him.

"For what?"

He just spoke. I looked back down at him to see him removing the oxygen mask.

"You shouldn't do that."

"I'll be fine. Now what are you thanking me for?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"For saving me hero..."

"Ha! I should be thanking you."

"That's new coming from you."

He laughed a bit as he made his way to a seated position. His hand falling from mine in the process.

"How long have I been out?"

He asked me.

"Hawks said we've been here a day."

"Huh? Shouldn't you be in a hospital bed too then? Weren't you badly hurt?"

"I'm fine-"

"Why are you in scrubs?"

"Cause I didn't have any clothes."

"Did you sneak in here?"

"What? No."

"Dumbass go back to your room. Are you stupid or something?"

I shot up.. and then because of the motion bended over in pain.

"You're still hurt. I'm calling a nurse-"

He then reached over to press his call button but I stopped him.

"Wait. Don't do that I'll go back... I just had to make sure you were alive."

"What? You care about me now?"

He asked in a teasing way.

"And if I do?"

I teased back.

He just smirked giving me a shrug.

"They pardoned me you know.. guess what I did yesterday made up for all the wrongs in my life.. and Deku's been put away."

"Good. What will you do now that your pardoned?"

"Don't know. Hawks was tasked to watch over me so not sure how free I'll be after this even though I'm pardoned."

He nodded in understanding.

"Guess I'll leave you alone then.. I'm feeling a little lightheaded from all the blood loss."

I began to leave but his voice stopped me.

"Hey Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

I said turning back to him.

"Thanks for worrying about me."

I clicked my tongue at him and gave him the middle finger as I left the room. I could hear him laugh behind me which made me smile.

Thank you for reading!
Make sure to follow me on Wattpad to be alerted when this story updates! Also make sure to like, comment, and share this story if you enjoy it. You all are what keeps me motivated to keep writing :)

If you enjoy Demon Slayer as well make sure to check out my Demon Slayer fanfiction "Love & Blood". It's a Muzan x reader and a Uzui x reader fanfiction!

Love you all and see you next chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 117K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
148K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
635K 14.2K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.7M 48.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...