Tonic Chemistry (Blake Bellad...

By FrostyLuck

5 years of being on the run and killing those who have been placed on a bounty with chemical warfare can kill... More

Chapter 1: Light Night
Chapter 2: Shadow Work
Chapter 3: Black Cat
Chapter 4: Judge and Savior
(Y/N) Bio
Chapter 5: 24 Hour Shift
Chapter 6: Old Work
Chapter 7: Blood Money
Chapter 8: Skeptic Trust
Chapter 10: Debts of Knowledge
Chapter 11: Bitter Talk
Chapter 12: Enlightening Words
Chapter 13: Pleasure Seekers
Chapter 14: Breath Deep
Chapter 15: Addictive Answers
Chapter 16: Established Bonds
Chapter 17: Early Departure
Chapter 18: Fallen Mask
Chapter 19: Kindled Faith

Chapter 9: Amends

1.2K 30 18
By FrostyLuck

Rest In Shit Rooster Teeth. You were good until you weren't.

Blake POV

The days passed with little interaction between us. Even on the first day, when I first woke up I was left by myself while he was out doing Oum knows what in illegal activities, leaving me to wander the streets carefully to not be spotted by my team: drinking tea on the third level outside dining area of my favorite tea shop, reading books whilst loosely hanging my legs above an alley intersection, and skillfully parkouring back to (Y/N)'s abode to see him either brewing and sitting at a table with some unknown formulas and math equations that he seems to fluster himself constantly to sleeping on the couch. I respect that he let me in and necessary space, but I feel that he was too quiet while having me around.

Every time I try to strike up a conversation, he pushes it away with a cold and blunt response or is busy with a task. The most I've ever gotten out of him was frustrated looks and small talk. It felt like I was getting nowhere in terms of mending my status with my team.

(Y/N): "Hey..." I stopped before I left to clear this foggy mind of mine as I turned to see (Y/N) dressed in a black and white jacket, blue jeans, and a face I remembered trying to slash. "You wanted to talk, I'm all ears for today."

Blake: "Let's find a place to discuss first."

I didn't have much in mind with little idea as to where I decided on somewhere I was comfortable with; the same tea shop that I have been visiting every once and a while. (Y/N) seemed to acquiesce to my suggestion by his silent eye roll as we both trekked silently without a leak of emotion up to our table as we drank in complete utter silence to each other.

My drinking paused only by the sound of the clink of his porcelain teacup as he placed it down at stared his beady red eyes at me when he rested his chin upon his folded hands.

(Y/N): "So... what is it that you want to discuss about? White Fang, I presume..."

Blake: "Is it that obvious?"

(Y/N): "This is what it seems to be about. If I know anything about you and your race, it's the struggle for equality. Humans and their superiority complex... just because you have different features. I swear... if the faunus race didn't exist, humans would have treated their kind with even the slightest difference the same way."

Blake: "Backpedaling a bit... you know how I was once part of the White Fang?"

(Y/N): "How can I not? When I look at you, all I think are those activists." I shot him a furrowed look which he replied by dryly firing a sarcastic remark. "I'm still surprised that you want to become a huntress. Do you want to enhance your killing edge?"

Blake: "I not becoming a huntress to aid the White Fang in their violence. My vision is for the faunus to be respected, not feared by humans."

(Y/N): "You ran away from your friends and you still believe that the White Fang can be steered in a good light. What are you going to do now? I for one would say you owe them an explanation and an apology."

Blake: "That is the least of my worries right now. I still don't believe that the White Fang is behind these robberies. They never needed this much dust before."

(Y/N): "I think you know why..."

Blake: "Huh? What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "Let's state the elephant in the room. Why would an organization need that much dust?

Blake: "I don't know what you are trying to say."

(Y/N) sighed, laying down his hands as he leaned in a tiny bit.

(Y/N): "Let me rephrase that. What would an organization of violent extremists do with tons of dust."

Blake: "If you are stating what I think you are... It seems improbable. The White Fang wouldn't be that rash! They have no reason to go to war. Sienna Khan wouldn't do something this violent!"

(Y/N): "I don't know if you are lying to yourself, but I would like to know another solid explanation as to why they would need enough to supply an army."

I had no further response to his truthful logic, but my mind continuously denied even an inch as to come to that conclusion. What other reason would there be?

???: "What if they did need that much dust?" A flamboyant-filled voice popped my thought bubble, both of us turning to a blonde monkey faunus crouched on the roof of our building, one that I recall had been chased by dock security throughout Vale.

(Y/N): "This a friend of yours?"

Blake: "No..."

Sun: "Aw, don't be so cold! We saw each other at the docks, remember?" He proceeded to leap from his spot, gracefully landing a foot away from our table. "The name's Sun and sorry for ruining your meeting. I was going to find you until I ran into some trouble. As I was saying, what if the White Fang did need all that dust? The only way if they didn't do it is to go to the place they would most likely go to if they were to do it and not find them there, right?"

(Y/N): "You do realize that there are dozens of places that store large quantities of dust, right?"

Sun: "Well... you are right. But while I was on the ship here I heard some guy talking about offloading a huge shipment of dust coming in from Atlas."

Blake: "How huge?"

Sun: "Huge. Big Schnee company freighter."

Blake: "You sure?"

Sun: "I'm certain."

(Y/N) POV

Having decided on our goal of staking out at the docks, we waited patiently the entire afternoon. The night was nearly present with its purple sky turning black with sparkles in the dark twinkling their light. I occasionally checked the perimeter for any White Fang activity and came back with nothing to report. The longer I waited, the more I began to forget why I agreed to this without being paid to do so. Sun got impatient and decided to scout elsewhere presumably. Blake was determined about this ordeal, keeping her eyes locked on the shipment. As much as I wanted to simplify things with Blake and indulge her in the truth, she's too stubborn to fully believe it without witnessing it herself.

Sun: "Did I miss anything?" I turned around to see Sun carrying an armful of apples.

(Y/N): "Nothing as of now. The perimeter is free of any White Fang activity. The cargo is still secure on the docks."

Sun: "Cool, I stole you guys some food."

Blake: "Do you always break the law without a second thought?"

Sun: "Weren't you in a cult or something?"

Blake gave him the same furrowed look she did to me, feeling the regret slapping his face he gave her an apologetic look, arousing an amused smile at the two.

Sun: "Alright, too soon." He was quick to distance himself from her, using me as a barrier as he sat next to me, offering me an apple. "Hey, you didn't introduce yourself."

(Y/N): "I'm (Y/N)."

Sun: "That's it?"

(Y/N): "You can pester me after this is over."

A massive wave of wind pushed us slightly back while the sound of turbines and engines filled our ears. We looked up to see spotlights lighting the ground under us before finding the clearing and landing. When it did, some people came out in matching uniforms with the White Fang emblem on their backs. I could see the disbelief on her face when they started hijacking the cargo containers.

(Y/N): "There is your answer, Blake. You knew just as well as I do for who could have possibly stolen all that dust. Now that's that, let's go—"

Roman: "Hey! What's the holdup?!" A new but all-familiar voice distinguished by his flamboyant with a distinct undertone of malice had me pause. Turning back, I saw Torchwick emerging from the bullhead, clearly irritated. "We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves right now, so why don't you animals pick up the pace?" Blake's expression changed at the sight of Roman. However, I got the premonition that she wanted more answers, even if it meant going to ask personally.

Blake: "This isn't right, the White Fang have never worked with humans and even less so a human like him." She unsheathed Gambol Shroud, knowing damn well where this was headed as I drew my own while Sun failed to convince her before she lept down to the mob boss.

(Y/N): "This is why we should always have a backup plan." I should have as well with how this pans out. I didn't have another mask for this, but maybe I can gamble with Torchwick playing along with this. It was risky, but I didn't have the time nor luxury to stop and think when Blake had an expression ready to kill and a blade at his throat. I only had one opportunity to get in close and jump in at the right opportunity for this to work.

Blake: "Tell me what it is or I'll put an end to your little operation."

Roman: "I wouldn't exactly call it a little operation." A few bullheads came flying overhead and hovering over them which had Blake her weapon lowered slightly. Roman took full advantage when he shot a dust round at his foot. This had Blake barreling backing which she recovered. I took a shot at him which missed due to the sudden change in wind speed, nipping his bowler hat. This distracted him away from her, looking in my direction and smirking. "Ah, Mist. What a pleasant surprise. Are you here to help me steal some dust as well?"

(Y/N): "I don't work for free. You know that well." I said as I pulled the charging handle on my scabbard, smelling the gunpowder in my nostrils as smoke discharged from the ejected brass cartriage.

I made a reckless dash for him, narrowly avoiding his dust shots with a playful smile as I clashed my katana against his cane in a sword lock. I took the few seconds and closed the distance between our faces.

(Y/N): "Play along." I whisper, seeing a smile at the corner of his lip, he deflected the force I was exerting on his cane to the floor and kicked me away with little force as I leaped back.

As if on cue, Sun finally decided it was an optimal time to tag in and drop-kicking Torchwick away, knocking him on the ground.

Sun: "Leave them alone." A few more bullheads came in, dropping off a couple of White Fang members which surrounded us.

Roman: "You guys aren't the brightest bananas in the bunch now are you?" The grunts divided between us, I took my time knocking them out both my hands and scabbard. Bashing their heads together or personally crushing their windpipes and tossing them aside. Those who tried gunning me down from afar got throwing spikes lodged in their abdomen, putting them out of commission due to the sedative they were laced in. Sun also had no problems with the White Fang members. He dispatched a few in hand-to-hand before taking out an intricate Bo staff and putting the few remaining to rest. In the frustration of Roman's goons not taking us down, he aimed a shot at me and fired an explosive shot which I split in half.

Blake: "He's mine!" She came rushing in, with the two clashing their weapons in a series of blocks and slashes as she utilized her semblance to its fullest launching herself from side to side and landing no blows. Roman quickly adapted to her strikes and began getting in solid hits which eventually overwhelmed and knocked her down. Sun came in for support, splitting his staff into twin shotgun nunchucks in a close-range fight. Shotgun shells hit the floor, the sound of metal clanging. Ultimately this ended when both Blake and I came in to knock him off his feet. He quickly recovered from that and shot a freighter above us which I quickly decimated with a single swing, raining down its red dust content on all of us, creating a danger zone where a single misfire could set us all ablaze.

Roman: "I just got this dry cleaned." He dusted the excess dust on his shoulder while pointing his cane at us.

Ruby: "Hey!" In the distance was Ruby extending her scythe open. He casually waved back, now forgotten about his suit.

Roman: "Oh, hello—" I didn't have time for his monologue. I pulled out my throwing spikes and started hurling them. A one landed on its mark, as he deflected a few, making a few shallow cuts in his suit or skin. Coming in for another clash of our weapons, we had another five-second discussion. "You know, it's rude to interrupt people when they are talking. Do you know how much it costs to dry clean and tailor this?"

(Y/N): "Put it on my tab. I will steal this freighter tomorrow."

Roman: "You have some explaining to do."

I relieved the tension on our weapons and felt a rather personal right jab at my face followed by a cane swipe that had me hurling to my back with a loud thud. He didn't focus on me and instead traced his aim at Ruby and landed a bullseye on her. Amidst the chaos as more White Fang members came in and kept everyone occupied, Roman managed to slip away from the scene. That and a few more bullheads with mounted mini guns flew in the distance and helped wash away that look of concern. I had no reason to fight him and the White Fang for now and abstained from fighting any more White Fang members due to more of Beacon's students dropping in on the fun as Roman's cavalry outmatched by swords a red-haired girl commanded, dismantling groups of White Fang effortlessly and cutting through bullheads like a hot knife through butter. That girl was a wonder, having recalled her swords and charging an attack that unleashed a green aura beam that split bullheads instantly. She finished off the remaining airships. I saw that Roman in his remaining operational vehicle had escaped safely, tipping his hat to me before shutting the butterfly door and sent flying back to base.

I looked around to see most of the issues had been resolved. Blake is now reunited with her team and is now getting lectured by Weiss. I found no reason to stick around any longer. Feeling the humid wind, it was an open window of opportunity to leave which exited out of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1K 85
While Ozpin fought against Salem, immortal and using other people as his tools, the brother gods watched disgusted. One of them decided to give his p...
36.1K 803 23
Ever since Blake left the White Fang, Y/N has always been skeptical and worried about the White Fang itself, seeing how it changed his older brother...
57.7K 895 14
Y/n was a war veteran thought to have died, he grew up an orphan. Thought to be dead all files of his existence were removed, all his permanent recor...
90K 1.3K 14
Remnant, a world full of fight. Humans vs Grimms, Humans vs Faunus, and even Humans fight themselves. Between all of those fight, stand one man. The...