Fly Away

By adeenix

Love Rejection Heartbreak -------------------------------------------------------- Mia has spent her life liv... More

Introduction
01 - what's the difference?
02 - you're the only one
03 - maybe i should just run
04 - get your bitch away
05 - i would never do it otherwise
06 - all of a sudden, I wish i wasn't here
07 - nerves and nerves and nerves
08 - just follow my lead
09 - entertaining delusions
10 - it seems you got lost
11 - hard-to-breathe syndrome
12 - woah, tattoos
13 - i dont want to feel alone anymore
14 - i'm a coward
15 - unraveling the truth
16 - not.attractive.
17 - fireworks and a goddamn zoo
18 - i want cherries
19 - death wish
20 - cherries aren't a meal
21 - anticipation
22 - it's tempting
23 - things that shouldn't happen in an office
24 - echoes and bursts
26 - you're the only one who remembered
27 - daddy issues
28 - garfield 2.0
29 - the sound of a flat line
30 - moth to a flame
31 - mumbling and grumbling
32 - asserting dominance
33 - hysterics and kisses
34 - memories and the sound of ringing
35 - panic attack
36 - home?
37 - entertainer
38 - giving in
39 - flying away from reality
40 - anything for you
42 - cold fire
42 - glass proofing
43 - am i dreaming?
44 - savour me
45 - pretty boy
46 - moving on
47 - cherries and wine
48 - i love you
49 - reminders of her
The Hijabi and The Streetfighter
epilogue

25 - two innocent souls

4.6K 103 39
By adeenix

Song: Cigarettes after Sex - Heavenly (slowed down)

                                              ~
The boy and the girl laughed together at a joke he had made.

They were inseparable, and anybody could see the plain adoration the little boy had for the girl as he stared at her, rosy cheeks and a smile that could win over the sun any day.

His father watched them with clear distaste on his face, turning to snap at them to be quiet as they continued to laugh out loud.

They were sitting in her fathers office, playing with small pieces of lego, trying to build a house but every once in a while he would stop and say something to make her laugh, just so he could see her smile.

Of course her father knew of the extent to their friendly childhood relationship, and he used it as a ploy so he could form an allegiance with the Italians.

No one knew what would happen only a mere two years later, but for the time being, they were the happiest anyone could be.

Not even the kids understood how far they would both go for each other, and it only angered his father more.

He was oblivious, of course, to the cunning happenings around him, and he would find out that later on, it would be the one thing that made him who he was in the future.

The girl liked to watch the boy play, admiring his hair and his eyes that shone a special type of brown in the sunlight. She didn't know the name of the colour, but she already knew it was her favourite.

Everything about him was her favourite, and she often wondered about how someone could be so perfect. God must really love them.

His brother would always make fun of him and the way he would always want to see her, but he didn't care. None of the mean words ever changed the way he felt, even if he didn't know it then.

An innocence no one could break.
                                               ~

Mia

The charity gala is in an hour.

The events of yesterday were mostly a blur of people and choices. When I woke up in Rocco's bed, there were multiple voices downstairs that I figured had awoken me.

It seemed that someone had brought an entire dress shop in Rocco's living room, with racks and racks of floor length to short dresses, high heeled and accessories that matched each individual piece of clothing.

It was a beautiful sight, and I ended up picking a white floor length dress with a slit in my right thigh.

It's my first time wearing something like this, but I love every part of it.

It makes me feel unreal.

I'm now standing in front of the mirror in Rocco's room with Gianna next to me, fixing up my silver necklace from the back.

I'm not one for a large amount of jewellery but with this dress, you need something to decorate your neck so I chose something simple and elegant.

I have no idea how much this would cost but I'm guessing I'm only borrowing it for tonight so I'm not worried. I know I would never be able to afford anything like this, even with my mothers monthly allowance. I'm surprised she still sends me money, but it's probably because she wants to appease me for not seeing her.

She clearly doesn't know me at all.

"Done. It's perfect and you look amazing." Gianna steps back and smoothes down the front of her already perfect sage green silk dress.

I know Ren will me wide eyed when he sees her, and it makes me smile to myself as I look over my outfit in the mirror.

"Thank you, you look gorgeous too Gianna." I say, turning around and walking to the bed to grab my silver side bag.

I don't know how long this event will be, so I'm going to steam some cherries in my bag for a snack.

She claps her hands once and begins to make her way to the door.

"Let's go. I'm sure Rocco's waiting for us." She looks back at me with an expectant expression, her brown hair falling over her back in a thick wave.

"I'll be out in a second, just need to put on my shoes." She nods and walks away, the echoes of her high heels filling the quiet house.

I huff out a sigh and bend down to slip my feet in my white heels. They match my dress perfectly and it's just another thing I love about this outfit.

My own hair hangs in front of my face, loose because I hate when it's tied up.

The makeup artist came a few hours ago and did such a good job I can't stop admiring my own face. It sounds like a stuck up thing to say, and I don't look different at all. I just look more put together.

I sit on the edge of the bed to try and weave the strap through the hole but my fingers keep on slipping up.

I guess I'm more nervous about this than I thought I was.

I groan out when It doesn't work again, and then a pair of footsteps sound in my ears making me look up.

Rocco stands about a foot in front of me in an impeccable black suit, tailored exactly for his body.

His suit blazer is buttoned up and his tattooed hands are tucked away in his slack pockets.

A pair of black derby shoes sit on his feet, crossed at the ankles as he leans against the doorframe.

His hair is still riddled up like usual, and I find myself liking it just the way it is.

He's not wearing a tie and two of his top buttons are undone showing me a glimpse of tattoo coming up from his chest, and what looks like a chain.

I've never seen him wear a chain before, but I guess today he's changed his mind.

Either way, he looks good.

My mouth almost waters.

"Need help?" He sounds the same, deep and heavenly as he speaks and I nod my head once at his question.

He slowly walks over to me and bends down on one knee, taking my right foot in his hand and lifting it up to rest on his knee.

He's gentle as he clasps up my shoe and moves to the other one, his fingers grazing the skin of my ankles and lower leg as he continues.

His touch only reminds me of the scene on the sofa, and I don't push the thought away because I've been thinking about it so much lately that I'm not surprised when it pops up in my thoughts again.

When he finishes up, he places my foot back down and sends up again, his eyes raking over my body as he does so.

It sends an inferno of heat through me at the attention and I feel my cheeks grow hot as he continues to look at me, his hazel eyes finally settling on my own.

I'm well aware that we need to be downstairs now, but I can't stop myself from staring at him, admiring every curve and bone of his face and sinking myself deeper into the pools in his eyes.

A shout brings us out of our haze and he turns to face the door, his back now to me, shouting something back.

Then he turns around once more and cocks his head towards the door.

"Come on, we're going to be late."

I get up from the bed and follow him out of the bedroom and down the stairs, my mind still a blur of eyes and hair and skin.

Things are going to get interesting...

thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.7K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
214 0 14
Dark Mafia love story WARNING this story contain a lot of sexual content including strong language , mention of drugs and suicide , read at your own...
149K 3.8K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...
32.1K 766 43
MAFIA STORY/ROMANCE/ACTION/ADVENTURE Anthea's life sailed smoothly until the sudden tragedy of her parents' death. Now, she's navigating a path fill...