I Know You Were Made For Me

By alxwrt98

"Some people talk about that love at first sight shit To keep it real I don't know whether I believe it's tru... More

Introduction.
Chapter 1: Chris.
Chapter 2: Luna.
Chapter 3: Girlfriend.
Chapter 4: Fucking Stuck.
Chapter 5: Beautiful.
Chapter 6: Cold.
Chapter 7: Dirty.
Chapter 8: What the hell is going on with you?
Chapter 9: Alone.
Chapter 10: We need to talk.
Chapter 11: Intense.
Chapter 12: Distraction.
Chapter 13: Attention.
Chapter 14: No means no.
Chapter 15: Desire.
Chapter 16: I Love You.
Chapter 17: Soulmate.
Chapter 18: Just you and me.
Chapter 19: Guilty.
Chapter 20: Perfect.
Chapter 21: Real.
Chapter 22: Together.
Chapter 24: Selfish.
Chapter 25: Second best.
Chapter 26: Mistake.
Chapter 27: Deja Vu.
Chapter 28: Sweet Pea.
Chapter 29: Support.
Chapter 30: Not Worthy.
Chapter 31: Hope.
Chapter 32: Drunk.
Chapter 33: Venom.
Chapter 34: Downward spiral.
Chapter 35: Terrified.
Chapter 36: Save him.
Chapter 37: Humiliated.
Chapter 38: Whatever it takes.
Chapter 39: Sugar.
Chapter 40: Missed you.
Chapter 41: We need to talk, Again.
Chapter 42: Loyalty.
Chapter 43: Made for each other.
Epilogue I: Ready.
Epilogue II: Happyily ever after.

Chapter 23: Happy Birthday.

837 34 3
By alxwrt98

As it got closer and closer to her 30th birthday Luna got increasingly more nervous. Not only was she gonna have to deal with actually turning thirty, but she was gonna have to deal with this joint birthday party.

Scott insisted that Matt was okay with the party going ahead, she'd even text him herself to make sure he didn't have a problem with it, but despite his reassurance she still felt like it was wrong.

She really didn't want to go. She would probably have just faked an illness if it wasn't being thrown at her own damn house. But she loved Scott and she didn't want to let him down as he was so excited. She was just happy that Scott had decided to have the party on the Saturday before their birthdays. Luna's being on the Monday after with Scott's following on the Tuesday. This meant she could spend her actual birthday the way she wanted too, shut away safely in her Chris bubble.

Another thing Luna had been to wrapped up in her bubble with Chris to realise was that because this was a joint party, that meant all of Scott's family was going to be there and Scott's family is Chris's family.

So not only was she going to have to deal with her ex-boyfriend whose heart she broke, she was also going to be meeting her new boyfriends Mum for the first time. The boyfriend who she has to act as if she barely knows because they still haven't come out about their relationship.

Luna and Chris had decided they would wait till after the party to talk to Matt, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. So they had to pretend they barely knew each other, act as if they haven't spent countless nights getting to know each other in the most intimate of ways. She was absolutely fucking dreading it.

So here she was gulping down her third beer in the last hour as her and Scott greeted their guests. She had to admit, Scott had done a fantastic job, the place looked amazing. A gazebo had been placed in the centre of the garden with a DJ booth occupying it. He'd enlisted the help of Ed to provide the booze and a chef to cook the barbeque. Banners and balloons covered the back yard, as well as embarrassing photos of the both of them as kids, clearly he'd been in touch with her Mum.

Chris was yet to get here, they decided it would be less suspicious if he just arrived with his Mum and sisters. Matt was also yet to show up, she was hoping he'd get here soon just to get it over with but she also wanted to be a little more drunk before that happened. Just as she was about to go find another drink, she felt something small wrap itself around her legs. Looking down she saw Stella beaming up at her.

"Hey princess" she laughed as she bent down to tickle the little girls sides making her squeal.

"I missed you Luna"

"I missed you too sweetie" Luna cooed as she embraced Stella in a hug.

"She really has she hasn't shut up about you even though I keep telling her it's only been like two weeks" Luna looked up at the sound of Carly's voice, moving away from Stella to greet her mother. "Happy Birthday" Carly sing songed as she wrapped Luna up in a hug, before passing her a card and a gift bag.

"Thank you! Oh you didn't have to" She spoke as she took the present placing it on the table that Scott had set up in the living room for the gifts.

"Of course I did! Also you're a lot nicer than Scott, if I had shown up without a gift for him he wouldn't have let me stay" they both had a laugh as Scott huffed next to them, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Speaking of, where is my gift my darling sister" Scott spoke sarcastically as he rolled his eyes at Carly.

"Relax birthday boy, Chris is bringing it in" just the mention of his name sent shivers through Luna's body, she hadn't seen him since she left his house this morning and it was killing her. She honestly doesn't know how the hell she's supposed to keep away from him tonight, it really seems physically impossible. As if he could hear her inner thoughts, Chris walked in right at that moment, carrying a hug box which looked to be Scott's present. He placed it on the table before embracing his brother.

Then he turned to Luna, she recognised that look in his eyes, it was the look he has when he tells her he loves her. He was trying to reassure her that he was there even if he couldn't be with her in the way they both wanted. She wanted nothing more than to have him by her side the whole night, like a safety blanket, but she knew she couldn't have that.

"Happy birthday Luna" He spoke before embracing her in a hug, taking the advantage to whisper in her ear so no one else could hear, "you look beautiful Sugar" she felt her cheeks heat up at his words, quickly trying to diminish the blush that covered her face.

"Thank you Chris" she pulled away from him as he handed her a card. She knew this was just for show, he'd already told her earlier he wanted to give her the present he'd gotten her later on when it was just the two of them. She smiled before placing the card with the others.

Then she turned to greet the rest of the group that had just arrived, hugging Shanna tightly before she heard a voice from behind them.

"So this must be the famous Luna none of my kids can shut up about"

Luna pulled away from Shanna to see a woman stood behind her, immediately by her features she could tell that this was Lisa.

"It's so great to finally meet you Luna, I'm Lisa." Lisa spoke as she brought Luna in to a tight hug, "oh and happy birthday" she smiled as they pulled away.

"Thank you so much Lisa, it's so great to meet you, everyone's told me so much about you"

"Well they've also told me all about you too, I've been very excited to meet the girl who none of my kids can shut up about." She chuckled lightly.

"I'm sure the girls have said all good things but I'm a little worried about what Scott had to say" she said throwing Scott a look as he rolled his eyes.

"All good things I swear" Lisa spoke holding her hands to her chest, "especially Chris, he's done nothing but sing your praises"

Luna turned slightly to get a look at Chris as he looked at the floor, his hands stuffed in to his pockets. She couldn't help but think about how adorable he was and how she wishes she could just kiss him right now.

Luckily the conversation was interrupted by Ed's loud bellowing voice coming from the front entryway.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SISTER" He shouted as he came running at Luna, picking her up and spinning her in a circle.

"Oh god Ed put me down you'll make me throw up." She giggled, playfully hitting her brother on the back as he put her back on her feet.

They were quickly joined by the rest of their friend group. Luna internally cheering that Cece had finally got there, really needing the support of her best friend right now. Just as she pulled away from greeting Cece, she saw one of the most comforting faces entering the room.

"Mum" she smiled brightly as she moved to embrace her mother in a bear hug, really needing the comfort only a mother could provide her daughter.

"Oh sweetie you look beautiful." Her mother spoke as she held her daughters face between her hands, "I can't believe my youngest baby is thirty"

"Oh god do not remind me" Luna chuckled as she moved to take her mother's hand in hers, "come meet some people" she spoke as she guided the older woman over to the Evans family.

"Mum this is Scott" She gestured towards the younger brother, "his sisters Carly and Shanna, his brother Chris and their lovely mother Lisa" she then gestured towards her Mum, "Evans family this is my Mum, Claire."

"It's so lovely to meet you."  Claire spoke as she moved around the family, each of them greeting her, before she faced Lisa, "all so polite, unlike my horrible sons, I should have had more girls" Lisa laughed along with the other mother.

"Hey I'm stood right here" Ed grumbled at his mother's comment.

"I mean she's not wrong" Luna laughed before earning a playful punch on the arm from her brother. She was then sucked in to a conversation with her mother and the Evans family. After a few moments she felt a presence beside her, she knew it was him just from the goose bumps erupting on her skin. She felt him brush his knuckles against hers, as if to remind her he was still there. She welcomed the support, especially after she heard the next voice enter the room.

"Hey everyone" Matt spoke as he walked through the door to the living room, his eyes landing directly on Luna's. Immediately she felt the pit of guilt grow in her stomach. She was gonna need a lot more alcohol to get through this.

~~~~~

A/N: Wanted to get two chapters out as I won't have time to post tomorrow as I'm super busy at work! Please vote and let me know what you think, I wanna know if you guys are still enjoying it!

A xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.3K 26
~~Complete~~ Chris meets a girl on vacation who has her own past she's trying to deal with and move on from. What happens when he starts to fall for...
75.4K 2.2K 26
Follow the journey of Y/n and Chris's relationship, from first meeting, to dating, having boy girl twins and finding out they're pregnant, getting ma...
38.6K 1.6K 50
When a tragedy devastates her family a young Lily Winters has to move to a new school in a new city in a new country thousands of miles from home. Th...
119K 1.6K 25
includes - smut - angst - fluff chris evans and all of his characters! enjoy <3