TAINTED LOVE | Ongoing

By Emmawrites1

Shraddha X Advait Shraddha found herself drawn to Advait, despite being chided by his continuous attitude. Hi... More

~PROLOGUE~
AESTHETICS! - 1
AESTHETICS - II [New]
[1] ADVAIT
[2] His Life
[3] VAIDEHI
[4] Her life
[5] Issues with the Heart
[6] Friends
[7] Commencement
[9] THE SAVIOUR with EGO
[10] GUILTY & UNCOMFORTABLE
[11] A MURDER-?
[12] DEHRADUN
[13] BAARISH
[14] STARES
[15] SEXY-IE
[16] CRUSH
[17] DM in The City
[18] Unlikely behaviour
[19] PLAYFUL TEASING
[20] BLOOD DONATOR
[21]Friends
[22] HEADACHE
[23] A FAVOUR
[24] ADVAIT'S CARE
[25] Politics
[26] Friendship or more-?
[27] Advait provides comfort.
Author's Note

[8] Young patient

39 11 3
By Emmawrites1

It's always been a regrettable decision in a teenager's life.

Every time he/she feels he regrets, it would be wrong to say Advait didn't regret canceling the Movie ticket for his family.

The Shukla family did breakfast together.
The half-burnt pancakes, bitter maple syrup, milk with diabetes sugar, Advait, and Anaya filled their stomachs with the only remaining Sane Orange juice.

Advait washed the utensils whereas Sandhya was in her room all the while. She wasn't even showing if she was affected by her family's work.

Anaya was small so she was with her mother but Advait? He has to be the scapegoat. Anand had to take a leave as today his surgeries were to be taken care of by Dr. Vedant.

Anand was still in unrest about whether to let Sandhya visit her mother's family.

But he didn't want that. He wanted to feel at home for just a day at least when he has taken a leave from the Hospital just to take care of his wife. Sandhya's health was not favorable and in this case, he couldn't allow her to travel to Banaras, her hometown knowing that it came under region U.P. where elections were on high and Shukla family was on top.

This was the reason always, he cares.
He cares for her, restricting her from going everywhere, and doing every work but won't allow her to work a job out, would do anything she says but won't do anything she wishes.
This is always the rule in the Shukla family. No woman should work out when Shukla Men are capable enough to provide the family with every prestige.

Incidentally, this Typical thinking is stuck to Anand's mind too.
Though Sandhya never wants Advait should be like his father in this case.
She wants her daughter independent financially even if she's married to a wealthy family. She doesn't like the fact that being a housewife you've no independence financially, if you want money you'll have to ask someone (Your husband) for it, and then the question is what you want to buy? Only to hear the line, Spend the money within a limit.

Sandhya hates it being under someone but she's tied to this system she can't break it. She has two more lives attached to her now.

Anand is supportive and caring but not as supportive as 'Onler Kom is to Mary Kom'. There's a difference between being independent and Free.

The Shukla family did their lunch by ordering online as Advait forced him to, he didn't want to risk his life with his father's cooking skills.

Sandhya's cold was better now as Anand took quite good care of her, by making her eat medicines and syrup on time, and breathing in steam from heated water. All the time, she wasn't even affected a bit by his care because she felt it was all because he didn't want to let her go. But he did care about her health, it just was his instinct why he didn't want any family member to go out.

In the Evening Reyhan visited Advait's home asking about Sandhya's health. Which was better now. Finally, Sandhya let loose a bit and made tea for everyone as Advait was ready to die but did not drink Anand's handmade tea and snacks.

Showing some mercy on everyone She got back to her work, as she saw in Advait's eyes how much tired he was in reality. He realized today how tiring the household work is. He just did the work for formality for half a day, Sandhya was living that life how should she feel then?

It was only their love, Anand, Advait, and Anaya's happiness that matters to her, a mother would sacrifice anything for her children's prosperity. But this was finally to her mind she won't let any other Girl's dream die in the Shukla family from now on.

They were having their evening snacks together When Anand received a call from the hospital.

Sandhya glared at him as he said today was occupied for family only. But excusing he came out, a little away from them.

"Yes, Naksh what happened?"
Anand straight asked his Intern.

"Good evening sir sorry to disturb you at this hour when you've taken a leave!"
Replied Naksh in his young manly voice.

"It's alright. Is everything okay in the hospital? I know Dr. Vedant will be dealing with the cases smoothly"

"It's his work sir. But. There's an appointment for a teenage patient made yesterday but as you canceled all appointments for today they didn't know. They came from a different state"

"Oh, I see! See if Dr. Vedant could take my place and if the patient is okay with that!"

"I did sir but Dr. Vedant is in the OT room and surgery will take him four more hours"

Anand thought for a bit then answered. No matter if he has taken leave he has to be available for his patients.

"Not even any other Cardiac department Doc is available?"

"Sir, Dr. Vedant is busy in surgery, Dr. Mahesh is out of the country, and Dr. Mittal has a personal patient to attend to. Dr. Sharma, Dr. Jindal, and Dr. Goyal are attending critical and immediate surgery of a heart patient it will take them some hours.
Other interns do not have any idea, sir you're the only best superspecialist here so it would be better if you could come. It will take you a minimum of an hour.
Sir, they are from Rajasthan and if you remember your colleague Doctor Piyush Mehta has transferred this case to you yesterday "

Anand put up some memory and then realized. Indeed this patient was important.

"Ask them to wait I'm on my way"

"Thank you, sir"

Anand just nodded as he didn't want to delay.

He suddenly remembered he had a conversation with Dr. Piyush Mehta from Bikaner who was His colleague once. They worked together in Medanta until Mehta decided to settle in his hometown. It was then Anand remembered Mehta did tell him about this case yesterday of this child.

Anand was in confusion about whether to tell his wife or just leave. Seeing everyone enjoying and laughing made his heart swell with happiness. Indeed, this happiness and smiles are his life.

"Dad, why are you standing there? Come have your tea" Anaya pulled her father's wrist to make him sit back on the chair.

"Sandhya..." He hangs the sentence for a while thinking. When everyone's attention went to him.

"I have an important case to attend to. Should I go if you don't mind?"
Why was he asking? He would go even if she denies them???
Anand said making Advait scowl louder that everyone heard him.

Sandhya took in a sharp breath she knew this was the least she was expecting.
Anand Shukla and oh on leave is that even possible for a day?! Of course not.

The irony was just that Anand didn't let Sandhya go to her mother's home so he also sacrificed his love (Hospital) for a day. This was how he would punish himself for hurting her. He thought Sandhya wouldn't allow him to go.

"I cannot stop you when the patient must be critical if you've got a call at five in the evening. But make sure to come before dinner at 7.30 otherwise sleep well outside the house" Sandhya declared scrunching up her nose.

Listening to her Advait, Anaya, and Reyhan could barely control their laughter. They busted into a fit of laughter, so hard that it made Anand smile. He breathed deeply.

Finally, everything was settling back to its place. Sandhya talked to him caring about dinner and he was relieved. Now he could work well.

He watched Sandhya slapping Advait on the shoulder for something he said teasing about how Sandhya always threatened his dad and it made Anand smile. This was the last scene he saw of his smiling family before the car got out of the mansion disappearing the view of his garden love was where his heart and love were. Advait, Anaya & his pretty rude cute wife, Sandhya.

****

Medanta Hospital
Heart Department

Anand reached the hospital in half an hour and stepped one foot into the department and everyone's greetings started.

The receptionist, some known patients their guardians who knew and respect him well, and the nurse.

"Good Evening sir" the mid-aged receptionist greeted him as Anand stopped at the reception area to check today's entries and most importantly cardiac registrations.

He felt bad, taking a sudden leave means he made 319 patients go back sadly.

"Good Evening Riddhima. This is my list of patients' appointments, right?"
He asked taking out the pen from his sky blue checked shirt.

He was wearing normal clothes a sky blue checked shirt tucked in with black pants. Dr. Anand Shukla was not fat. He was a fitness freak, who will say he was a father of two kids? No chance.

"Yes sir. Since you're attending for today please sign over your attendance"

He signed ticking the black ink pen and closed the file.

"Send this file to my cabin with a filter coffee"

"Sure sir" Riddhima nodded "Anything else"

"Oh yes, my cabin's keys" Riddhima pulled a drawer unlocked it, and handed the keys to Anand.

"Sir you've your personalized floor. You should take the keys with you too"

"What if someone might need them in my absence? Also, Shukla never keeps confidential stuff openly" Riddhima shook her head listening to him. Him and his mysterious lines.

As Anand walked to the elevator. But then it was on waiting. He preferred to go by the stairs to his cabin which was on the 8th floor.

It was going to be a long exercise.

When he reached the 8th floor it was filled with silence. His shoulders slumped down. Just because of today's leave his floor was dead silent.
This was why he hated taking leaves.
He had excused his leave but what bout Sandhya? She couldn't go to her mother's place even.

As soon he clutched the cabin's door his heartbeat raced. Didn't know why this strange feeling was sticking to him again and again. Making him worried.

Since this day started he was feeling strange. Remembering everyone from his family, he wanted their presence, their love, and not want to let them all go just like in his childhood.

When he crouched to his usual doctor's seat, it was then he ringed the button and the peon came knocking.

"Come in"

The middle-aged peon, Shakti was working mainly for Shukla for twenty years, a promising man.

"Shakti sends Naksh to my cabin and where's that appointment lists file and my coffee?"

Shakti nodded.

"I'll take them on my way sir"

Anand nodded.
Shakti leaves.

Anand sighed taking a look at his big cabin room. It was drop-dead silent, usually, it will speak of patients, their worries, and their happiness when surgery succeeds, but today. It was gloomy.

Anand pulled a drawer out on his right-hand side and took out the photo frame. In the frame was his father and mother's photo. He keeps that inside and took out the papers His father handed him while he visited Lucknow three days ago.

If you agree to my decision and hold my chair I'll make you the leader. Just sign once and call me. Anand remembered what his father announced when they talked.

Anand closed his eyes rubbed them a bit and then took out the Oldest Nokia keypad phone dialing to his father.

It rang two times then beeped and the call disconnected.

So, my father has blocked my number now. Great! He muttered under his breath closing his eyes and regretting every bit of why his life has to be from a political background.

After some time Naksh arrived in the cabin with Shakti. Shakti handed the file to Anand and kept the coffee mug on the table and went out.

Naksh nodded at Anand, he did the same.
"Sir so this is the file of the patient. Have a look at it"

Naksh pushed the file a bit towards Anand but he smiled.

"I already know the case. I remember every bit of detail"

Naksh stunned recovered.

"Sir, should I send the patient and guardian to your cabin then?"

Naksh Malhotra was like this only. He was an intern in the Heart department and he considered himself so lucky that he was assisting Dr. Anand Shukla.

Naksh was totally a fan of him, he liked to roam around him everywhere, whether it was a hospital, OTs, sometimes home, attending to a patient, everywhere. He has noted a thing that keeps sticking to Dr. Anand and he'll be the superspecialist just like him.

Being in the Medanta Heart Institute Was his dream but working as an intern under Dr. Anand was something he always preferred since he started studying for doctors.

After all, Dr.Anand was famous all over India for the past twenty years, and internationally big institutes suggest him for the best Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries. If not for him crores of patients wouldn't be living with peaceful hearts till now.

"Yes. But wait for a min... The patient....uhh. The name"

Anand took the file and read the case transferred from Dr.Mehta to Dr. Anand.

"Okay, fine call them and you sit here. Note down the important points I suggest"

Naksh nodded and return afterward with the patients.

Naksh sat at the seat adjacent to Anand's right side. And they arrived in. Anand lifts up his eyelids glancing over the smiling face of the patient and her brother.

"The patient and her guardian. Please come and sit Shraddha and Aditya"

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 2.4K 22
2 book in Secrets of the Heart Series _____ Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aar...
98K 2.8K 26
"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck you without your will, what do you say?" H...
789K 30.5K 38
Completed✔️! #3 in Romance on 13/3/20! #4 in Crush on 7/3/22 Pratvik❤ Shakshi ! Shakshi. A beautiful, lovely, caring, independent, determined young i...
131K 4.5K 31
Mom....... What is wrong with you? How can you think that she will be perfect for me? Listen I just came here because you insisted me no not insisted...