A Curse of a Blessing - TBATE

By Not_Silynx

The core, 'record of the universe' broke, this leads to one of the deities to fall upon a world, named "Draqu... More

Episode 1 (Unpleasant message)
Episode 2 (Draquerth)
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7

Episode 3 (The start of the journey)

83 4 1
By Not_Silynx

I opened my eyes, trees surrounding me, flowers under my feet, animals watching me, a forest. I start to walk towards a random direction in search of a town. Animals are still looking at me while I walk past them. How could I forget? as the deity of the origin, my aura is calm and warm which could attract any beings in the radius. Luckily my aura hasn't spread all across the world, or it will cause unnecessary attention. I retract my aura and continue walking towards the direction I chose.

After a few minutes or hours, I assume, I sense humans a few kilometers in front of me. It seems I'm near the human domain, I think but suddenly I feel danger from them, bandits. I quickly ran as fast as I could. Since I sealed off my aura, I can't use much of my magic right now, out of all times why now?. When I reach there, my eyes open wide as I see bodies all around the floor, the village had been burned down. I start to walk around to search for survivors, but to no avail, there's no traces of life. Suddenly, I sensed two living beings, I quickly rushed towards a collapsed building and started pushing away the rubbles.

After a few minutes of clearing, a trap door finally comes into my view, I open it and see two children around the age of 3, crying while hugging each other. When they see me, they start to panic, thinking I was the bandits that came to raid them. I noticed their reaction and started comforting them, "It's okay, the bad guys are gone now, you are safe." The brother, I guess because he has his guard up while hugging the girl. I smile at them to let them feel safe, which i think it did, they slowly walk out of the hiding place and come to hug my legs, shaking. I crouch down and hug them, "It's alright you are safe now, let's get you two out of here shall we." "What about our parents?" The boy says with a nervous voice. I feel sorry for them but they must know the truth, "I'm sorry but you two are the only survivors." They start to cry even more when they hear this. The same goes to me, seeing my creation killing each other is shocking and heartbreaking.

Eventually, we stopped crying and broke the hug. I buried all the bodies and prayed for them to have a better life next time. Even though I can just bring them back, I know this will unbalance the world's fate. "So..., what are your names?" I go to the twins and crouch at their height. "My name is Silver," "and my name is Silvie," answered the twins. "What a cute name, My name is Shiraori Shizu, say, why don't you become my children? I've always wanted to have one." I say with a smile, as a deity, we could not simply have children or descendants. That's one of the rules we established. Which I don't really like to follow.

The twins look at each other for confirmation, I giggle as I see them like this, they are just too cute. "Sure!" shouts the twins which startled me, I smile, "Let's go shall we, kids." "Okay, mom," their response surprised me. I carry them onto my hands, with my 18 year old body. I run into the forest in search of a shelter or a place for us to live peacefully, the twins slowly fall asleep in my arms, which I find cute.

Finally, I find an open space deep within the forest, and stop on my tracks. Isn't this the place where I start my journey? I chuckle at my stubborn self and place the twin on the soft ground covered with grass and flowers. I pat them, "sleep well, little ones," I cast a barrier around us

I walk to Silver and pats him. I enhanced my sensing ability while examine Silver and his sister, now that i see them closely, Both of them are around the same age, around 3, their height are the same as a child, light brownish hair and surprisingly same eye color as me, blue, does blue pupil common in this world, I giggle as i think about it. I proceed to use another ability to check on their status, <Status> I chant in a quiet voice.

I'm shock when I see their stats, their magic ability is something I would rarely see in this world, magic: all five primary elements ; attack, vitality and agility: on par with a B rank adventurer ; senses: on par with a beast, which is known for their reflexes and intelligence: on par with a demons which is known for their strategy. But what makes me interested the most is their mana. I'm surprised someone would have one of my blessings, 'unlimited mana'. In my mind, "they are prodigies, if possible, they could be on par with a Beast Harold at the age of 16 and a dragon warrior at the age of 20. With the right amount of training, of course. I should train them till they can survive on their own in this terrifying world." I smile.

The next day, I searched for some fruits for the twins to eat and build a hut for us to permanently live in. In the next few years, I homeschool the twins while training their magic, stamina and train them how to use a weapon. Sometimes, I'll go to a city named Xevale, to know more about the world and try to earn some money.

At the age of 5, they formed their mana core. Mana cores have 9 stages, black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, and lastly white.

At the age of 6, their mana core has reached the stage of orange and their stamina is on par with an adult.

At the age of 8, their mana core now increases to the stage yellow and their stamina is now on par with the low rank adventurers.

At the age of ten, their performance suddenly spikes up. Their mana core has reached the blue stage and their stamina is now on par with a B rank adventurer. I'm proud of them, plus they also became a weapon master. During their 10th birthday, I give them each one of my weapons, Silver chooses the sword and Silvie chooses the scythe. I explain about the weapons, "It could change into any weapon of your choice, and it could change into a ring like the one I'm wearing right now, the rings are now bound to your soul, you do not need to be scared of losing it as it will just appear back to you when it goes missing, but that does not mean you can be careless about it." the twins nodded, "plus it also acts as a detection, which means i will know whenever you are in danger." I continued. 

In the next few days, I feel like something bad will happen, but to not make my kids worry, I stop thinking about it and continue to live my life with my kids. In the end, my feeling came true, the saying goes "Good times will never last long enough." A group of beastman is charging towards our direction as we are eating our lunch. I sensed them as they passed through my barrier. I quickly stood up, grabbed the twins and ran out of the house, but it was too late. They have already arrived, I put down the twins and cast a portal while trying to hold them off.

"GO! I'll hold them off as long as I can!" I shouted at the twin.

"No! We don't want to lose you mom, not you too!" the twin shouts back at me. Suddenly, aone of them charge towards Silvie, Silver then goes in front of her in attempt to block the attack. After a few seconds, Silver felt nothing hit him, he opened his eyes, but they widened their eyes as they saw the sword pierce through my stomach.

"Mom!" they shout.

Blood flowing out of my mouth, I proceed to knock out the beastmen and push the twin into the portal, they try to pull me in too, but it's too late, the portal is closing. I Look at them with a smile, "Be safe my precious children." The beastmen from different directions stab me in different parts of my body, then they pull out the sword while my lifeless body drops on the floor.

The portal closed.

"DAMN IT! WHY! Just why..." Silver shouts while crying together with Silvie. "We should go now brother, the beastmans is not far behind," Silvie says while trying to hold her tears. The twins run into the forest, and find a spot to rest. They breakdown and cry till their heart's content, they hold the rings into their chest. Suddenly, the rings start to glow, like it has a heart, the two put the rings close together, a hologram of me appears, "I guess I'm already dead if you are seeing this," the twins eyes widened and want to say something but are cut off. "Please refrain from asking any questions, this is just a recording. I'm happy that I have you two little kids as my children. I hope that you could use your power to save the people in need, not for selfish use. Oh, and go to the city of Xevale to search for my friend, his name is Eugene Helstea. I have already anticipated this. Tell him this word "Oyasumi" and he will know what to do" I smile and say my last sentence, "be safe my child, I love you."

The next day, the twins head towards the City of Xevale just as Shiraori has informed them. On the way, they train their mana core and weapons when they find a place to rest, then continue on the road. "Hmmmm, Brother, did you sense it?" Silver asks Silver as he nods. They rush towards the direction where they sense something odd. "Huh, elves and what's that over..." they are shocked as they see an army of beastman running towards the elfs, the twins quickly jump in front of the elves and equip their weapons. "Who are you two?" The elves shout while taking out their weapon, but the twins do not answer. Silver chants a few fireballs ready for a wide range attack, as they anticipated, the beastmans swarms out of the forest and goes for an attack.

Silver points at the army of beastmans, the fireballs follow the direction and hit directly at the enemies. Silvie dash forward and swings her scythe which creates a curved shape slash towards them, cutting some of them in half. The elves just stands there watching the twins facing an entire army alone, "how are they doing this? One of you protect the princess, and another one of you go back and report this to the king," one of the elves says, "the rest follow me to help the humans." The group of elves follow what he says and dash forward helping the twins while one of them runs in the other direction and the other one protecting the princess.

After the battle, "Huff, huff, did we do it?" The elves ask, "I'm surprised you could keep up with us, humans" as they look at the twins, no sign of tiredness. Then they see an army of elves coming towards them, "where are the beastmans" an elf with a crown on his head, blonde hair, pointy ears, basically looking just like an elf but with royal wear. "It has been taken care of, your majesty," one of the elf says, "with the help of two humans," he continues. The elves all look at the twins sitting on the ground meditating, "I'm surprised that you two can handle the army without breaking a sweat. Nevertheless, you two are around the age of 10. Follow us back to Alfheim, I would like to have a talk with you two," the king says. The twins follow the army of elves back to Alfheim, the kingdom of elves, They invite the twins to have a meal with them while they talk.

"Thank you for helping us fight against the beastman," the king of elves says, "and please call me William, this is my wife Nova, my daughter Eleanor and my son Noah." "We're thankful for your kind words, we just did what we are taught to," Silvie replies. "For a human, you have manners, as for your reward for helping us, I would grant you a wish that is in my power," William smiles. "I thank you for your generosity, but I don't think we need this kind of treatment," Silver replies. "I insist," William complies. "Alright then, can we stay a few days here before departing to Xevale?" Silver asks, William eyes widened and he starts to laugh, the twins are dumb founded by his behavior. "Sorry, sorry, it's just that this is my first time hearing this kind of wish from a human, usually they would just ask for gold and anything valuable from us, this is a first." William laughs, "very well, I shall grant your wish, you may stay as long as you like, and we can prepare a carriage towards Xevale for you if you want to," he says while wiping off the tears from his laughter. The twins thank William and the maid brings them to the room that William has prepared for them and calls it a day. 

Side notes: In my AU, there are two continents for Elves, the Alfheim and the Elenoir. Some of the characters from TBATE will be mentioned in the future episodes, the characters that are mentioned in the story are credited to the author. Furthermore, Arthur does not have a sister in this AU, he's the only son of the Leywin families. So please do not mixed up that Eleanor is Arthur's sister. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 3.7K 37
β€’ Ranbir a cold hearted person , have a anger issue β€’ Prachi a kind hearted person , the most stubborn girl both are different in their ways what w...
158K 402 101
Erotic shots
248K 7.4K 59
I could say this is one clichΓ© story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
512K 2.1K 11
π—§π—›π—œπ—¦ π—œπ—¦π—‘'𝗧 𝗠𝗬 π—‘π—’π—©π—˜π—Ÿ. π—œ π—’π—‘π—Ÿπ—¬ π—£π—’π—¦π—§π—˜π—— π—œπ—§ 𝗙𝗒π—₯ π—’π—‘π—Ÿπ—œπ—‘π—˜ π—₯π—˜π—”π——π—œπ—‘π—š 𝗣𝗨π—₯π—£π—’π—¦π—˜. π—”π—Ÿπ—¦π—’ 𝗑𝗒𝗧 𝗠𝗬 𝗧π—₯𝗔𝗑𝗦�...