His Daughter

By Evajames3

Scarlett and your dad, Colin have been dating for a while but you've been too scared to meet her since all th... More

Can we go home?
Cuddles
Competitive
Sissy
Morning
New experiences
Eggbits?
Snakes are Scary
Too Fast?
Smart Rosie
I love you
and...
Just Carter
Not Fair
Yucky
Special Place
Own Lives
Pure Confirmation
Silly
Tough Secrets
Hard Goodbyes
Sad conversations
A Million Promises
He promised
First Heartbreak
I've got you.
This Moment
Im sorry

Beautiful Family

4.5K 144 12
By Evajames3

Scarlett's POV:
After feeding the giraffes, which was both adorable and arguably traumatizing for Carter, I walked us over to where Colin and Rose were waiting for us. We said a quick thank you to the crew members at the exhibit and started headed towards the food court area.

Rose was babbling on about how cool the giraffes were, while Colin listened intently, adding his own points to the conversation at some spots. Meanwhile, I could tell Carter was fighting the battle with sleep and losing as she kept snuggling further into my hold. I don't blame her, we've done plenty of walking already, especially for a five year old, and her initial experience with Henry could not have aided any. Her tears must've been the final straw and all I could do was anticipate the struggle it will be to get her to eat lunch.

The walk to the outdoor food court was around fifteen minutes and luckily it wasn't overly crowded since we happened to be eating slightly later than anticipated. As we looked at the options, Colin and I decided on a place called Tiger's Tavern. It had simple options that we believed would make things easier for the girls. We waited in one of the lines to order, scanning the menu for options.

'What do you want, trouble?' Colin asked Rose.

'I want Mac n cheese.' She replied, not surprising us in the least. If there was one thing to be known of Rose, it's that she will forever pick mac n cheese over any other option unless we're at a nicer place, where instead she gets it as her side. She has told us before that she wants to try mac n cheese at every place in the world one day, so she can pick the best. Currently, she still has her Nana's ranked at number one.

'Ok, and what side and drink do you want?' Colin asks.

'Um, apple slices and lemonade.' She tells him.

'Sounds good, Rosebud.' He says while looking back to the menu. Now it's my turn.

'Carter. Baby.' I coo gently trying to wake her up. All I get is a whine in response.

'Honey, I know you're sleepy but we need to get something in that tummy of yours.' I try, while rubbing her back to urge her out of sleep.

'No hungwy.' She whined quietly, sleep lacing her small voice. I don't think I'll ever get over her baby talk and as convincing as it is, I know she needs to eat.

'I know baby, but I need you to eat something and then I promise you can take a nap.' I tell her, softly. She whines again, but pulls away from my shoulder to look towards the menu a little. I watch as she adjusts to her eyes and scans our surroundings before she turns to me with a big, adorable but big, pout on her face.

'I'm sorry, love bug, but I can't walk around for a couple more hours knowing you haven't eaten since this morning. I need you to get something in your tummy even if it's not all of your food.' I explain.

She huffs before leaning against me, her head nestled against my neck as she plays with my necklace.

'What have?' She says.

'Well you can have a mini pizza, a cheeseburger, chicken tenders, Mac n cheese, or grilled cheese.' I read off.

'No know. No hungwy.' She sighs.

'I know, love, how about a grilled cheese, it's a lot lighter than everything else and you can have some French fires with it.' I suggest. She nods simply.

'Ok, now what would you like to drink?' I ask only receiving a shrug in response.'Would you like lemonade like Rosie, water, milk, or apple juice?'

'Choco milk?' She questions.

'You can have chocolate milk, baby.' I respond and she nods turning her head away and snuggling further into me. I rub her back, kissing her head and swaying us back and forth a little, letting her know I appreciate her cooperation with me. After we order our food, we find a table in the seating area, close to the tavern and sit down.

We talk about random things, well mostly Rose telling us random facts about animals that she knows, most likely from the discovery channel. Long story short, rose was watching too much tv so I told her that after two hours she could only watch the discovery or education channel for the rest of the day. Turns out she really enjoys the animal documentaries on discovery, and as much as I should be annoyed that my plan didn't work, I don't mind her watching them because it makes her want to go on walks or to the zoo, so she actually watches less tv now.

Anyways, they brought out our food and rose didn't waste a second in digging into her Mac n cheese. She has claimed that this one beats the one from the cafe at the mall. I look down at the sleeping child in my arms, and rub her back to wake her up. She doesn't budge so I try coaxing her through some soft words but she only stirs a little, whining as she does so.

'Baby, your food is here and it looks good.' I tell her but she whines again.

'I know honey, but you need to eat something. Can you just eat half for me?' I suggest but she whines again digging further into my neck.

'Alright, come on, lovebug, let's try some.' I say while pulling her from my body. She lets out a small cry, obviously overtired, and stares at me with her teary eyes.

'I'm just so mean for wanting you fed, aren't I?' I pout back at her. Although, she doesn't seem to find it amusing as she starts crying.

'Oh, baby, it's ok. I know you're just so tired, but I promise you can go back to sleep right after you eat. I'll even give you all the cuddles in the world when we get home.' I try convincing her. She continues crying and starts wiggling in my arms. I know if I don't do something she's going to fall and that will be an even bigger meltdown, although I don't really consider this one. I adjust her in my arms moving to cradle her and start rocking her to combat her movement. She slowly calms down a little her cries turning to sniffles as she looks up at me with tear stained cheeks.

I wipe her tears with my more free hand and brush my finger against her cheek as she continues to stare at me. I smile at her and kiss her forehead glad to have calmed her down, noting in my head that she must enjoy this.

'That's better, love. I'm sorry I upset you but can you just take a couple of bites. Mama can feed you if you want?' I ask and she nods ever so slightly. I lift her up a little in my arms so she's sitting rather than laying and I pull her plate closer to mine. Slowly but surely I feed her a little over have of her food with the addition of some apple slices from Rose. When she turns away, I let her, wiping her mouth, and laying her back into the cradling position.

'All finished, baby?' I ask as I sway her gently. She nods so I kiss her forehead.

'You can close your eyes, honey? I think you're overdue for a nap, you had a rough night.' I tell her and she nods slightly, her body already filling with sleep. She snuggles further into me, fully giving in as she drifts off. I smile at her rocking her a little more before continuing to eat my own lunch.

After eating, we sit for a couple more minutes to wind down before we head to the next adventure. I didn't even notice when an older lady walks toward our table.

'You have a beautiful family, dear!' She exclaims. I turn to look at her.

'Oh, thank you so much!' I tell her.

'Oh and you're little one looks like the sweetest little mommy's girl. I think she takes after your looks as well.' She adds.
I smile looking down at the angel in my arms. My little Carter. My baby. My little mommy's girl.

' I sure do hope so. She's absolutely adorable.' I tell the lady, who smiles before walking away. I look up at Colin and he has a big smile on his face.

'She really is the cutest little mommy's girl. I guess that makes our family balanced, huh Rosie?' He smiles, nudging rose with his arm.

'Yeah.' She grins at me. Rose was beyond excited when she found out she'd be meeting Carter. She's been asking for months. I don't think there's anyone in this world that has ever been as excited about being a big sister than her. I know she's gonna be the best big sister ever. I think she already is, whether either Carter or Rose realize it. For the last couple minutes of our break before we head on, I can't help but let those lady's words circle in my mind as I stare at the people I have come to live so dearly.

My beautiful family

A/N: ok, I think I'm just now realizing that I skipped a week. My bad everyone, I deeply apologize. Anyways I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but I need more ideas for further chapter because after the zoo I'm kinda lost. However, I hope you enjoy this while I contemplate if I like it. See you in the next one.
Love,
EJ <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.7K 1.9K 36
includes Natasha, Wanda, Scarlett and Lizzie! You are Natasha's daughter :) Feel free to comment or message any requests! Best tags: #1 in natasharom...
343K 12.1K 86
Sequal to A Soldier's Life Y/n and Scarlett's relationship is continuing to grow, but with Scarlett now in Atlanta for filming, their relationship is...
26.4K 1K 21
Violet has been very lucky. Raised in a foster home, she has been surrounded by a community that has given her everything she can ask for. After tur...
81.2K 1.8K 27
Ada Johansson is 17 years old, alone. Everything changes because of that night. Things are different. She's longing for her mother's love. Will she g...