Overdosed

By bakerhicks

First loves are just that your first. There is no guarantee that it will be anything more. Jordan Baker falls... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11 [M]
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 [TW]
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 [TW]
Chapter 27 [TW]
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 [M]
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 10

284 6 37
By bakerhicks

"Simone, what are you ordering?"

Gigi snapped Simone out of thoughts. She got caught up in her own world trying to dissect what she had witnessed. There was no way that they were on the same campus as she was. She had lost touch with the Baker twins which was understandable. Her stomach turned seeing him in the flesh , lost in his own bubble. She jumped feeling Gigi's fingers pinch her arm.

"What did you say your roommate's name was Giselle?" Simone inquired.

"First off, why are you using my full name in these streets? I think it was Olivia or something like that." She knew the name was common but maybe Simone was having wishful thinking.

"Okay , can I have two lattes with oat milk please." Simone hovered her phone over the machine to use digital payment.

This was going to be so awkward. Simone was not shy but she didn't know how to go about breaking the ice. She watched Olivia ignore her brother and Harper as if they didn't exist. Which was accurate to be honest. Simone thanked the barista for her order and told Gigi to follow her lead.

"I think I know who your roommate is, Gi." Least Simone was

"OOOOH! WHERE!" Giselle screamed.

Simone quieted her friend going to where Olivia was and cleared her throat. Liv looked up and her whole face look like she had seen a ghost. She pulled away from her seat screaming, pulling Simone into a hug. Liv felt like if she let her go, she might disappear. Simone wasn't sure what the reaction would be. It was no surprise that Harper was already dragging Jordan to the exit before he even had the chance to comprehend his sister's excitement. Simone pulled away only for Liv to pull her back rocking them side to side.

"I am going to cry!" Liv poked out her lip seeing her favorite drink.

"Ma'am," Giselle spoke.

"Right, I think you two are roomies. Gigi, Olivia Baker. Liv, Giselle St. James." Simone introduced the pair.

"Thank goodness I got a fine-ass roommate again." Gigi kissed the sky.

Liv cradled her latte offering the two empty seats. Simone wasn't shocked that Harper hurriedly got Jordan got of the vicinity but maybe it was a good thing. She wouldn't even know what to say to him. There was a lot she could say but she was more focused on reconnecting with Liv.

"I am sorry you guys didn't get a chance to talk but there will be plenty of time." Liv looked at Simone.

"I'm sorry, run that by me again?" Simone asked

"I decided to transfer here from UCLA because an HBCU was always the dream so here I am. Jordan just happened to finally get his shit together sort of and he is going to come here too. I am sorry that he ended things." Liv was still rooting for them.

"THAT was your American boy? Oh, I would pay to see British bae and American boy in the same room." Gigi snickered, frowning when Simone hit her arm.

"You have a new man? Please do tell and I apologize if I spend all this time catching up with her, Giselle. We just lost touch and I didn't want to make things weird when I should've just-"

"Olivia." Simone stopped her.

"Yeah, Olivia!" Gigi teased.

"There is no need to apologize. Besides, Simone talked about you a lot so I know y'all are two peas in a pod. Now your brother may be fine but he hurt my sis so I am fighting him when I see him again." Giselle held up her fists punching the air.

"Excuse my bodyguard. It's all good Liv. There is nothing to apologize for. We reconnected for a reason."

"God, I hope one of them is to stop that idiot from marrying Harper." Liv furrowed her brows.

"Well, that's ... a lot to process." Simone said lowly, hearing that might've stung a bit.

"It's giving rebound. I will fight her too, my baby. Don't you worry." Giselle threw in cradling Simone to her chest.

"Tag me in when you do. She's been trying to get my last name since elementary school. I am tired!" Liv felt bad for suddenly spilling the tea but she felt Simone needed to hear it from somebody that really loved her - which clearly wasn't her damn brother.

"Anyways, how is my bestie, Spencer James?" Simone needed a change of subject.

"Coaches were eating him alive but he's pushing through hoping to make it to the NFL drafts, he actually attends Clark Atlanta." Liv was super proud of Spence but that was without a given.

"You mean to tell me that you did not apply to go to school with Spencer?"  Simone gasped with wide eyes.

"I heard Bringston has a good student newspaper and journalism program so long as we are in the same state, I am okay. I was told to talk to a Dr. Patterson though." Liv responded twirled her straw.

"Oh, that's my aunt on my mom's side."  Simone hadn't had the chance to catch up with her yet.

"Why did you say that so casually? Don't think I didn't notice how quickly you changed the subject either." Liv didn't forget she asked her about an significant other.

"Christian and I are just friends, that's why. There is nothing to know." Simone didn't have anything to hide unlike her former boy toy.

"That birthday post on Instagram said something totally different." Sammie pulled a chair from another table finally joining them.

"Where have you been?" Simone looked at her friend.

"Getting the barista's number. His name is Lando and he is part of the baseball team. He knows some guys in the fraternity that are throwing a kickback. I'm Samyra, these two just call me Sammie."

"Olivia, Simone just calls me Liv." Liv shook her hand.

"We're going!" Gigi decided for the four.

"You still have to move your stuff into the dorm."

"That is what British bae , Baker boy and your dad are for. Which means calling Christian Sutton back." Gigi said the last part in a posh British accent.

"Nothing makes me happier than forcing Jordan in places that he doesn't want to be. We can throw in his roommate too." Liv whipped out her phone sending a massive group message getting the numbers of everyone around her. She made sure to mention that Harper was excluded. She didn't need her bad vibes in her new sleeping quarters.

"Please tell me its not Mason." Simone sighed slumping in her seat.

"Okay!" Olivia zipped her mouth shut

***

It was extremely awkward having all three men that Simone knew by some association helping Gigi and Liv finish the moving process. Christian had no problem with helping and she was very glad that there was little interaction with Jordan.

"So, which one you are dating?" Jordan looked at Christian.

"Not really dating mate but interested in that one."

Mason and Jordan glanced at who the man was pointing at seeing Simone in yet another conversation with Liv. They had so much catching up to do. Jordan didn't think he would feel any once of jealousy yet between Mason talking up running into Simone and now Christian , it felt like a battle.

Jordan knew he had no reason to feel that way but he had time to process seeing Simone for the split second he had at the cafe. The memory hadn't left his head since often drowning out everything Harper had said. Part of him was glad that Harper chose a different college. Long distance was hard but maybe this was his small chance of getting back in Simone's good graces.

"Excuse me." Jordan mumbled wiping his hands on his jeans as he walked up towards the girls.

"What do you want stupid?" Liv spoke up first.

"Mind if I -" yup, Simone still had him in a chokehold that he barely could get his words out.

"Actually, I do mind." Gigi interrupted the three.

"Oh, she wasn't playing. Yeah, I am going to like rooming with you. Not too much, he is still my flesh and roasting him is still my number one enjoyment." Liv gave her roommate her blessing to get in her brother's ass.

"Please." Jordan did his best to give his puppy dog eyes.

"AHT! No." Gigi covered Simone's eyes making sure she got in between them.

"I am sorry, this is a personal conversation." He said politely as possible even if he was starting to get annoyed.

"Don't care. You're in my sanctuary that I share with YOUR sister." Giselle scrunched up her nose.

Simone moved adjusting her eyes to the light for a moment. She knew that looking at him would set her off and she was right. She didn't know rather she wanted to kick him in the groin , his kneecaps or slap him. However, she had time to process their so called break up. Least she had thought she did until her eye started to water. Why was the room feeling dusty? because Simone thought she was okay with all of this.

"No, no no. Bad bitch! Bad bitch! Don't you dare." Gigi encouraged, fanning Simone's face. She turned giving a death glare at the man.

Jordan debated giving Simone space the moment she ran out. Yet, he found himself chasing after her following her like a love sick puppy that just craved her attention. He was the one that let her go.

"Stop following me Jordan." She rounded the corner.

"Not until you talk to me." He pushed.

"Do you want me to call campus police?" Simone threatened.

"You won't be that petty and you know it. Can we just talk?"

"No. I want you to go back to California and attend UCLA." She wanted him far away from her.

"Sisi....Please." He followed six feet behind her. Damn, she walked fast.

"Stop calling me that. We are over. You made that very clear just like how you are very clear on your plan. I don't belong to you. I am a human just like Harper. The person that you should spending time with right now. Stay away from me Jordan." Simone hit the elevator button. It felt like it took forever.

"Please. Let's just." Jordan paused stepping on after her even if she tried to get the doors to close in his face.

"No. It is obvious that I was the only one in love. " Simone could feel her voice on the verge of breaking.

The ride up was silent. Simone focused on the numbers. Jordan focused on her and she could feel it. She could smell him and it felt like she was prey at this point. She was glad when the doors opened. Her eyes rolled hearing his footsteps.

"You made your decision. It was never the two of us. You moved on so damn easily. Was it all just a lie? Was it all to make you feel like the big man campus to say you were no longer a quarterback virgin? Like a dumbass, I did that thinking that you were the person worth it. I've cried enough over you and I questioned myself a lot. We are done. Unless it has something to do with Olivia, I do not care what you have to say. Leave me alone." Simone unlocked her doors.

She could see Harper coming up behind Jordan. She scoffed slamming the door in his face locking her door. Simone could hear Jordan knocking on her door. She wiped her makeup off and changed crawling into bed. She was drained and she just wanted to sleep it off.

"Simone. Please, don't do this. Please. I am sorry." He knocked again.

Jordan continued knocking and trying the door. He texted Liv to see if Samyra could be of help. He sighed seeing the read notification.

"Babygirl, please open the door." His knocks were softer.

He sighed sitting Indian style in front of her door. Harper couldn't believe she was lied too. She had tracked him here expecting him to be somewhere else. She had seen them get off the elevator and she heard Simone's words. Harper thought she was his first. She watched Jordan beg and plead for Simone.

"I wasn't your first?" Harper asked softly finally mustering the courage.

"No." Jordan hadn't expected to see Harper.

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't want to put my business out there." Maybe that was too nonchalant but his emotions were already shot.

"Do you even want to get married?"

"Of course." He said lowly.

"So, let's getaway to Vegas and just elope!" Harper offered.

Jordan knew he wanted marriage. He wanted kids and the NFL dream. He wanted to fulfill everything he ever wanted and more. He also knew that he had some big boy decisions to make. One that he wished his dad was around to coach him on. He knew that was not a conversation with Simone's father thats for sure. All that he wanted right now was to be with the girl behind the brown door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455K 6.6K 45
First Jordan Baker story has now been completed. Book 1 If an outsider looks at Christina 'Chrissy' Hendricks' life, they would see a happy girl who...
1.2K 31 5
time to get festive! Christmas / winter based one shots of Jimone.
13.5K 434 38
When choosing normalcy over the opportunity to play tennis professionally, Simone Hicks graduates from Bringston University and relocates to Houston...
7.5K 278 15
Part II of the Do For Love fan-fiction TV script series follows Spencer, Olivia, Jordan, Simone, Layla, Clay, Darnell, and Kia as they adjust to life...