the journey || goh. {UNDER ED...

By page_yerin

under editing before i continue more chapters | ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖�... More

character info
enter pikachu!
ivysaur's mysterious tower
settling the scorbunny!
mind-boggling dynamax
working my way back to mew!
serving up the flute cup!

legend? go! friends? go!

432 7 18
By page_yerin

Date : 8/21/22

Dodrio squawks again as the sun rises. An alarm clock beeps while Ash and his partner, Pikachu, are sound asleep.

Pikachu groans and wakes up. The mouse Pokémon stands up and pokes his trainer's face with it's food.

It yawns cutely and rubs its face.

Pikachu proceeds to go and stop the alarm, but Ash's arm hits the top of his head and takes the Pokéball shaped alarm clock.

"Alright, I choose you!" He throws the Pokéball, making Pikachu have a worried and shocked facial expression. And the alarm clock breaks..

Pika walks up to Ash, annoyed, and starts rubbing and poking his face with his paw.

"Pika, Pika. Pika!" Pikachu slaps Ash. Pikachu starts to get angry, and electric sparks appear on it's cheeks.

"Pika... chu!" Pikachu electrifies Ash, making him shout. After the shock, Ash still continues to sleep, making Pikachu sigh.

He hears a noise on the door and Pikachu smiles as Ash's mom walks in.

"Ash Ketchum! Are you still asleep?" Delia holds each side of her son's cheeks. "You'll be late to getting to Professor Oak's lab!"

"No problem, Mom. Professor Oak's lab." Ash responds, still half-asleep.

Delia slaps Ash's cheeks, making them red, and Ash immediately is awake. He looks at his mom and realizes..

"Mom, why didn't you wake me up?!" There was loud crashing in the Ketchum household.

"Because you insisted you could get up on your own!" His mother points out.

"See ya later!" Ash pants and runs out the door.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu shouts.

This young man is Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. Together with his partner Pikachu, he battles and catches Pokémon. It's all part of his journey as a Pokémon Trainer.

"Pika!"

"Professor Oak!" Ash calls out as the Professor closes the trunk of his car.

"Oh, it's you, Ash!" Professor Oak turns around and smiles.

"What did you wanna talk to me about?" Ash runs up to him.

"Actually, a protégé of mine has just opened a brand-new research facility in Vermillion City." Professor Oak explains.

"A new research lab?" Ash repeats.

"Mm-hmm. And I was hoping to invite you to the opening ceremony. You will come, won't you?" Professor Oak winks at him.

"Sure!" Ash's eyes sparkle with excitement.

"Pika!"

"You'll come too, right?" Ash asked Pikachu.

"I'd love to!" Ash's mom responds, probably thinking it was for her.

"Huh?" Ash turns around. Delia was standing there with a picnic basket and behind her was Mr. Mime.

"Mime, mime!"

"Mom!" Ash says in a whiny tone as Delia just smiles in response. She held the basket out to Ash. Ash takes the basket.

"I came to deliver your lunch, but what a great idea!" Delia puts her hands on her cheeks and gasps. "All those delicious sweet shops and big fashion boutiques in Vermillion City! Oh!"

"Hold on," Ash turns around as his mom walks to Professor Oak's car, "you're not saying you're coming with us."

Ash's face turned into an expression that said, "ugh" or "oh no..".

"Let's get rolling!" Delia raises her hands in the air in the passenger seat.

"Mime, mime, mime!" Mr. Mime does the same. On the way there, Ash and Pikachu eat their lunch from the basket his mom gave them.

"Ah!" Ash leans his head closer to the side of the car. "Diglett!"

Pikachu points up. "Pika!"

"Huh?" Ash looks up. "Ah! Butterfree!"

"It seems your love of Pokémon hasn't changed, young man. Tell me, Ash, a Pokémon master, is that still your goal?" Professor Oak asks.

"There's no doubt about it!" Ash responds. He picks up Pikachu. "But now, I'm gonna become a Pokémon master with my buddy by my side!"

"Pikachu!"

Legends? Go! Friends? Go!

*insert music*

"We're here!" Professor Oak stops the car in front of a huge stairway. "I'll go park the car, you go on ahead."

"Right!" Ash says and walks away while Professor Oak finds a places to park. Ash and Pikachu start to run up the stairs before stopping.

"Who's that?"

Ash sees a dark maroon haired girl petting an electric Pokémon.

"Yamper, I got to go meet with Goh! I'll let you play with Emolga after." She pets Yamper's head and looks up. "Huh?"

"Wow! A Pokémon I've never seen before!" Ash's eyes sparkle. "You're such a cutie!"

The girl chuckles as Yamper barks aggressively at Ash. "This is Yamper."

"Are you it's Trainer?" Ash asks. The girl shakes her head.

"No, Yamper is my dad's Pokémon." She replies.

"Is it okay if I pet him?" Ash reaches out a hand as the girl nods her head. He starts crawling after Yamper and hugs him. "Aww!"

Yamper gets mad at Ash and electrifies him. "Yamper!"

"Pika? Pika!" Pikachu smiles as Yamper licks him. The girl stares in shock and sighs.

"I- what- Yamper.. I've got to run or Goh's probably going to get mad.. Sorry!" The girl runs down the steps and sees a familiar pinkish-maroon haired girl.

"Chloe! Yamper kind of electrified this guy I just met.. but I got to go meet up with Goh so bye Chlo!"

"U-uh.. okay..?"

The girl, Chloe, starts to walk up. "Hello Yamper, I'm home!" She sing-songed before seeing a burnt guy. She gasps and slowly walks around him.

"I guess Ari wasn't kidding..!" Chloe mutters to herself, a sweatdrop on her face as she smiles nervously.

(I'm lazy so I'm skipping Professor Cerise's boring speech about Pokémon lol)

Chloe walks up to the window. "Come on, Goh. You told me you'd be stopping by today and that's the reason I brought your homework here with me. Maybe I should've just gave it to Ari.."

Her phone starts to chime, as Chloe picks it up and reads the text.

"'I'm going to be late because I'm about to have a fateful encounter. Ari's going with me so don't worry about that.'?!" She sighs. "Wow. The only time he gets in touch is for nonsense like this!"

"Just as I predicted! These are the exact cloud formations needed for its arrival!" Goh says. "This'll be a breeze."

"Sorry I'm late!" A voice behind him said, a door slamming shut. Goh turns around and sees his friend running up to him.

"Ari!" Goh smiles.

"Yamper was begging me to let him play with Emolga." Aria sighs. "Anyways, were you right?"

"Yeah! I always am." Goh responds.

"Mhm.. yeah." Aria smiles and sighs.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Goh shouts with a frown. Aria shakes her head.

"Nothing, nothing."

(Time Skip after basically everyone in the Cerise Laboratory runs off to see Lugia)

"Here it comes!" Goh says.

"No way we're actually going to see it.." Aria's eyes twinkle. "Espeon, come out and see!"

Aria throws a Pokéball except the red area of it is designed to look like the Pokémon inside it. A lavender cover with a red orb resembled Espeon.

"Espe!" Espeon looks up.

Goh looks at his phone. "Five, four, three, two, one, go!"

The three stare at the blank sky. Nothing.

"That's weird. What happened?" Goh asks.

"Psy.." A Psyduck holds it's head and stares at the three.

"What... what's with you?" Goh says with a sweatdrop and a slightly scared looking facial expression. Aria smiles and takes out a Pokéball.

"Well, I'll just catch it. Pokéball, go!" Aria throws the Pokéball at Psyduck.

"Psyduck has been registered to your Pokédex!" Aria's Rotom Phone says.

"Cool!" Goh and Aria share a high-five before they hear a thunder crash.

They gasp. "Over there!"

A dark cloud bursts out with light and a Lugia flies out of the clouds. Aria, Goh, and Espeon dash down the hill on their way to Vermillion Port.

"Just you wait, Lugia!" Goh says.

"The future's in the palm of my hand!" Goh says, practically sprinting.

Aria picks up Espeon. "Let's go!"

"Lugia!" Ash yells.

The three including Espeon jump onto Lugia's body. Goh, Espeon, and Aria grab onto Lugia's tail while Goh starts to slip.

"Hold on, Goh!" Aria states as Espeon jumps from her arms to the body of Lugia. She uses her precognitive powers to lift Goh and Aria to its back.

"No way!" Goh says, staring at a boy. They gasp in shock.

"Ah! What are you doing here?!" They both scream.

"Goh, what's wrong?" Aria looks down as Goh is slowly lifted by Espeon and sees the boy. "Huh?!"

"Hey, it's you! The guy that got shocked by Yamper!"

"And you're the girl with that cute puppy Pokémon!" The boy shouts back.

Who's that Pokémon?

"Pika?"

"*insert Lugia sounds*"

"Pika, Pika!"

(Just a picture bc I couldn't find a video of it 😅)

Espeon lifts up Pikachu and his partner after getting Goh to the top.

"Esp.." Espeon sighs in exhaustion and annoyance from having to bring everyone up.

Aria smiles softly and takes out Espeon's Pokéball. "Take a rest, Espeon."

The unknown looks at Lugia. "Woah, Lugia."

Goh gets up. "Awesome! I'm riding on top of Lugia right now!"

"It's nice up here." Aria lays on her back and looks up at the clouds.

Goh takes out it's phone and starts recording. "So that's how it's back fins move. Wow. It's a lot rougher than I thought." Goh rubs Lugia's back.

"Check it out!" Ash and Pikachu are hugging Lugia's back fins. Aria sits up. "After all, it is Lugia, so that's exactly how it should be!"

Lugia looks up and roars, making the the three and Pikachu cover their ears.

They all start to scream and hug onto Lugia's fins before stopping and looking at a crowd of Fearow.

"Fearow!" Ash smiles and reaches out his hand.

"Ah, for them to be flying up just as high as Lugia, they must have amazing flying power." Goh says as he takes a few photos.

Lugia starts to fly downwards, causing them to scream again.

Lugia uses Hydro Pump at the water, creating a giant hole and a rainbow above them. They look up in awe.

Aria and the boy look at Lugia as they both hear a distorted voice that sounded like, "Here we go."

The four quickly hold their breath as Lugia glides under water. Lots of Pokémon gather around.

Goh takes out his phone and so does Aria as she snaps pictures here and there.

The two see a Seadra and Horsea next to the Lugia, making them gasp in awe. Yet, they quickly lose oxygen.

Some Horsea come near Ash and Pikachu, tickling them and making them laugh, which made them also lose their breath.

The four do their best to hold it in until Lugia dives above the water so they can breathe.

They gasp and pant in relief.

"That was close." Goh sighs.

"You can say that again." Aria catches her breath, squeezing water out of her hair.

"You know what? It was awesome to meet so many Pokémon!" The boy exclaims.

Goh starts to laugh. "You're pretty funny, you know?"

Aria starts to laugh along with him.

"Yeah, you think so?" The boy asks.

"Yup! I accept you." Goh confirms.

"You accept me?" The boy repeats with confusion.

"You do?" Aria looks over at Goh with uncertainty. "I guess I do if you do.."

"I accept you as my friend!" Goh says.

The boy questions, still bewildered, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm Goh from Vermillion City."

"Aria, also from Vermillion City."

"I'm Ash from Pallet Town. This is my partner Pikachu."

"Pikachu!"

Aria lets Espeon come out. "This is my partner, Espeon."

"Esp. Espeon." Espeon nuzzles against Aria's arm.

"Nice to meet you!" They all do a hand shake. Goh rubs Pikachu's chin and nearly gets electrified. Aria pats Pikachu's head while Ash rubs Espeon's head.

"Pikachu!"

"Espe." The two Pokémon greet each other.

"Woah!!" They all start to screaming again as Lugia dives down to the grass. Lugia flips over and makes us land on Vileplume.

Luckily for Aria, Espeon landed on the Vileplume and used her psychic powers to carry Aria and place her on the grass.

"Woah, you okay?" Aria chuckles when Ash lands on his head.

They look up at Lugia, who screeches and creates a strong wind before leaving.

"Lugia, thanks a lot!"

"See ya!"

"Bye, Lugia!"

"Take care!"

"Pika pika!"

"Espeon!"

They all wave as the legendary Pokémon starts to disappear from their sight.

"And there it goes." Goh states. Ash sighs and lays on his back.

"Pokémon are the coolest, huh?"

"Definitely." Aria replies.

"Yeah. Lugia really brought that feeling home for me. The feeling that there's a lot of world out there!" Goh exclaims.

"Hmm?" Ash hums.

"You know what? You can go wherever you want if you've got the desire and you can meet any Pokémon you want, too!"

"Yeah, you sure can!" Ash gets up and smiles at Goh. "No doubt about it!"

"Pika pika!"

"But wasn't it basically always like that..?" Aria says bluntly.

"Esp." Espeon licks her paw.

That same pale expression as if they were struck in the stomach, Ash and Goh turned white, along with Pikachu.

Aria looks at them and bursts out in laughter. Goh and Ash look at her, then each other, and they both start to laugh as well.

"Come on, guys. I think it's time we got back." Goh says.

Aria stands up with Goh. "Yeah, dad and Chloe would probably be pretty worried by now."

Ash gasps. "But that's the problem!"

They all look around the area, realizing they have no idea where they are.

"Which way is back?!" Goh and Ash shout. Pikachu, Aria, and Espeon sigh.

"Finally, we're home..!" Ash and Goh are laying on the ground while Aria is sitting.

"Yamp! Yamp! Yamp!" Yamper runs around in front of the laboratory doors.

"Yamper!" Aria smiles and pets the electric dog. Yamper then goes to Pikachu and nuzzles him.

Chloe opens the door. "Come on, you're late!"

"Oh, Chlo!"

"You're not gonna believe what happened! It's the story of our fateful encounter!" Goh and Ash look up.

"I'm not sure Chloe cares about that.." Aria sighs and stands up next to Chloe.

"You'll never guess! I met Lugia!" Goh exclaims.

"Is that so?" Chloe says with a bored face. "But this is more important."

Chloe hands Aria and Goh their homework. "Here, your homework printouts."

"Told you." Aria comments. She flips through the pages with a deadpan. ".. now that's a lot.."

"Right. Yeah, okay. Not that I asked for them in the first place." Goh mutters.

"Huh?!" Chloe asks, irk marks appearing above her head.

Goh yelps. "That reminds me, where's Professor Cerise?"

"Oh yeah, where's dad?" Aria asks.

"Oh, he's inside with Professor Oak and—"

"What?! You mean Professor Oak's here as well?" Goh interrupts and stands up. "Yeah! Professor!"

He runs past them and into the building.

"And there he goes.." Aria sighs.

"You're dad's Professor Cerise?" Ash asks. Yamper runs up to him, barking angrily.

"Yamper, calm down. And yep, that's my dad" Aria answers with a small smile.

☆ Aria's POV

"I've never seen such close-ups before. Lugia's back fins while in flight and clear as day!" Dad exclaims, observing the Lugia recording.

"Well, you haven't seen anything yet!" Goh crosses his arms proudly.

"Wait, is this underwater?" Dad asks as another recording pops up. "This is incredible!"

That's dad, alright..

"How was your experience, Ash?" Professor Oak asks.

"You know, for a little while, we actually became friends with Lugia!" Ash responds.

"Pikachu!"

"Became friends?" Goh questions.

"Where did you get the impression that you were friends?" Dad asks Ash.

"When my eyes met Lugia's, I got this chill!" Ash told him.

"What do you mean by chill? It's just your imagination." Goh states.

"No, you're wrong about that! It's like.. I'm not sure how to say it. Right! It's like when you get those shocks and shivers right down your spine!" Ash exclaims while using hand gestures.

"Well, there was that time when Lugia let out a huge Hydro Pump to slow down our decent before hitting the water." Goh mentions.

"That's it!" Ash says. "And then just before we hit the water, I heard a voice saying 'Here we go!'"

Wait..

"You heard it, too?!" I exclaim.

"You guys heard a voice?!" Goh shouts.

"Ash, Ari, that's amazing!" Dad puts his hands on our shoulders making us tense up as he gets close to our face.

"Uh, it is?" Ash asks.

"Just play along..." I whisper to Ash as dad clears his throat.

"All right, let me say this. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you've done. It's because of you three that I've learned things about Lugia no one's ever known!" Dad says.

Ash and Goh chuckle while I smile.

"And so, I have a request for you three. Will you do me the honor of becoming research fellows at my laboratory?" Dad asks.

"What's a research fellow?" Ash questions.

"It's a special research position, of course." Goh says it in an "obviously" tone.

"You'll get to meet the many kinds of Pokémon in this world. Sharing ideas, communicating, and so much more. You'll be deepening our understanding of Pokémon. All of us, as a team!" Dad exclaims.

"I've been waiting to hear those words. It's reality! It's my future, and I can hold it in the palm of my hand!" Goh holds out his hand.

"Here we go again..." I sigh with Espeon.

"Professor Cerise! Me! I'll do it!" Ash shoves Goh and raises his hand.

"Wait, but I'm your daughter, can I still be your research fellow?" I ask.

"Of course!" Dad grins widely.

I smile back. "Then, why not?"

"Espeon."

"Great! Then you'll all agree to my proposal?" Dad brings his arms out.

"Yeah, but I'll help you out more than Ash will!" Goh shouts. They start to argue over who'll help dad more.

"I have a feeling this place will be a lot louder now.." I deadpan with a sweat drop.

"Are you sure you'll be all right, dear?"

We turn around and see a lady with a Mr. Mime who, I'm guessing, is Ash's mom.

"It'll be a huge commute from here to Pallet Town, you know?"

Ash groans.

"Not a problem." Dad says.

"Huh? Oh, that's right!" I remember there was a room with a bunk bed. Dad and I lead them to the room and Yamper follows us.

"We're gonna be live-in researchers!" Goh smiles widely.

"Awesome! Oh, man, live-in is the best!" Ash looks around and sparkles are on top of his head.

"I call the top bunk!" Goh starts to climb up.

"Hey! Hold it! I got top bunk dibs!"

"You look like you roll in your sleep, so you're on the bottom!"

"I do not!"

"The tallest researcher gets the top bunk!"

"I'm taller than you!"

"I am!"

"Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this." I smile with a sigh.

"Espeon.." Espeon exhales with me.

"All right, if that's how it's gonna be." Ash's mom bends down to Mr. Mime. "Mimey? Would you mind looking after Ash for me, please?"

"Mime, Mime, Mime, Mime!"

"Wait a minute, there's only two beds. Where is Ari gonna sleep?" Goh looks at me.

"Oh, I'll sleep at home and just come back to the lab with my dad until the my new bed comes tomorrow." I explain.

"All right then!" Goh replies.

"See you later, Mom!"

"Oh! Before I forget, I want you to eat everything on your plate, even your vegetables. And don't forget to brush your teeth. And also—"

"I know." Ash slumps.

"And Goh, Aria, please be a friend to Ash."

"You can count on me." Goh has a smirk-like smile and a sparkle.

"Of course I will, Mrs. Ketchum." I smile.

"Mom, can you please stop?!" Ash whines.

"Then I'll be back soon!" Professor Oak mentions.

"You're always welcome, Professor Oak." Dad replies. The car starts drives away.

"Dad." Chloe calls out. We turn around. "Ready?"

"Oh, sorry! Sorry! Can you wait just a bit longer?" Dad rubs the back of his head. "There's just one final thing I almost forgot about."

"Hmm?"

"Pika?"

"Charmander!"

"Bulbasaur!"

"Squirtle!"

"Woah! Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, too!"

"Pikachu!"

"Goh's making his Trainer debut, but I haven't given him a partner Pokémon yet. So who will it be?" Dad asks.

"I already know the answer.." I sigh.

"Let's see. I think I'm gonna choose... Mew!" Goh smiles.

"Knew it." I facepalm.

Dad and Ash looked in disbelief, while Chloe and I stare, already knowing he would respond with that.

"I already decided that my very first Pokémon will be Mew!"

"Wait, you mean the mythical Pokémon?" Dad asks.

Goh runs up the steps and shows a blurry picture of Mew. "It's my future and I can hold it in the palm of my hand!"

"You're kind of strange, aren't you, Goh?" Ash comments, hugging all the starter Pokémon.

"Not as strange as you, Ash." Goh replies.

"You're both the strangest people I've ever met other than my dad." I sigh.

"What?!" Dad stares at me.

"Hey, then I win!"

"Hold on! I take that back. I'm stranger!"

"Not that any of this matters at all." Chloe says annoyed.

"Yep.." I agree. Dad starts to laugh.

"I'm looking forward to this and learning more about Mew."

"Right!" Ash and Goh say in unison.

"Pikachu!"

It's a world full of dreams, adventure, and Pokémon, so let's go, as the journey continues!

Oh my god over 3000 words I'm dead-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

961K 16.6K 74
After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while planning his next region, tragedy strikes...
499K 21.8K 100
After failing in the Unova League, Ash returns home to get advice before resuming his journey to become a Pokemon master. Now, what happens when some...
13.7K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
110K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...