COTE: Glimpse of the Past

By Noth_Lyv

They have seen his method, his cruelty, his genius mind and his absolute efficiency in executing his own bril... More

His Past
Deathmatch
[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 1)
[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 2)
[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 3)
White Room's Battle Royale Preview
Suzuki
The Game Begin
Declaration of War

The First Encounter

7.4K 190 91
By Noth_Lyv

I try to reread this story again to find something wrong and, damn, my braindead ass mistook Shizuku name as Suzuki. Damnit! So embarrassing. Note: I didn't change it tho.

-oOo-

"Nee, Kiyotaka."

"Hmm?"

"No matter how much I think about it, this place... it would be filled with so much death, right?"

"Please don't remind us about that, seriously, just keep it in that psychotic head of yours." Kanzaki complained, saying what almost everyone thought, though most of them wouldn't let anyone knows about it.

While it was true they're getting accustomed to the sight of death and violence, (which was horrifying when you think about it) it doesn't change the fact that it all looked so vivid and gruesome.

Hopefully, this strange viewing won't change them that much... or at least won't left them in irreparable state in the future...

Unfortunately, seeing the state most of the girls, especially Ichinose and Hiyori, were in... it seems like their wish was unanswered...

Indeed it will. Like I said before, if anyone want to survive for the entire week, this place is their only hope of getting supplies.

Yet ironically, this mansion is also where they will most likely lose their life in this exam.

"Does it bothers you, Suzuki?" At my question, she shook her head, causing her silky white hair to sway smoothly.

"No, it wasn't the thing that bothered me." I cocked a questioning eyebrow at her, "It's just that, this will be far more harder than those Deathmatch, isn't it?"

I suppose it is, after all, we won't be facing just one person in here. The others would no doubt try to gather up numbers and create a temporary alliance to fight the stronger children.

And unfortunately, we both are among those said strong children.

Suzuki may look quite small, unstable and defying all common sense.

"That's a gross understatement. Honestly, she looked much more deranged than even Ryuuen-kun could ever hope." Horikita murmured under her breath.

Sadly, Ryuuen was still able to hear her snide and scoffed amusedly, "Horikita, if you want to, I could show you just how crazy I am in bed."

Horikita gagged.

Her body proportion was also on the smaller side, and we're not even talking about female biological structure just yet. All in all, most people would have assumed that she was quite an easy prey. Someone weak you could toy with.

That's what stupid people would have thought, and that will be the cause of their greatest mistake.

Suzuya Suzuki was a beast in fight. That much I could say for certain. She was unpredictable, untamed and wild. She can also be surprisingly quiet and stealthy when the time needed her to be.

Before you know it, you might have found yourself with knife jammed in your throat.

The image didn't miss their mind completely and it left most of them shivers in fright. Imagining such a sweet and cute, albeit seemingly a bit not right in the head, girl doing such a cold-blooded murder with smile plastered on her face was quite a nightmare-fuel.

ANHS might have been filled with psychopath, but even those evil genius and madman have not killed anyone, hence why they were so quiet even until now.

"Are you scared, Suzuki?"

"Hm? What are you talking about Kiyotaka?" She gave me her usual wide smile with flame burning in her eyes, "There's no way I will be scared. We will get out together after all."

"Very well. Let's go."

"Unh!"

As Suzuki took a step forward and lead our way, I can't help but stares silently at her. I wonder, since when did I get so close with you?

That question has been haunting my mind as of late. Perhaps it was because this special exam has filled my heart with this strange anticipation and suspense, but still I wonder why.

Does our bond was created merely because we shared the same past?

Was it because we both live a loveless life?

"Man, why do this have to get depressing again?"

"Hmph, I am loathe to admit but I agreed with Hashimoto there. Just stop with these sob story please." Says Ryuuen, face showing a slight annoyance and impatience at the peaceful scene.

Well, that was Ryueen to be honest, they shouldn't be surprised. But...

"Fufufu, are you perhaps have gone soft from this viewing, Ryuuen-kun?”

Was it because we both are abandoned by this world?

Was it because-

"Kiyotaka, what's the matter?"

Her voice lulled me out of my thoughts, and once my gaze met those pair of shining crimson, I felt my mind's clear.

My eyes widened.

"So... Is that like, love at the first sight?"

"Nothing, let's go."

It was such a stupid thing to think about. The past doesn't really matter. What matters the most is now.

She is what made me completely whole, she was my polar opposite. She is the irregularity in my calculated world. She is the joy in this empty life. She is my light. She is my demon.

As long as I have Suzuki on my side, it's enough.

And we will have our freedom.

"W-whoo... T-that gave me goosebumps. I never take him as the kind to get obsessed like that..." Says Shibata, eyes staring at the sleeping boy.

"Hm, to think that someone like him could harbour such an intense feeling for someone." Kanzaki commented, unaware of the thought that were filling several girls' mind.

'Yet, unfortunately, that feeling will never be directed to me..' Ichinose sadly mused.

'I... This is pretty rude to say, but I hope I could replace Suzuki's in Kiyotaka's mind, even if he still won't hold any romantic feelings for me.' Karuizawa thought, holding Kiyotaka's hand, the privilege of being his closest, tightly, "I just want to be useful for him..." She muttered.

'No,. that's wrong, the chance of being able to replace Suzuki-san's position in Kiyotaka-kun's heart is small. The only I, we all, could do is try to help him understand the proper meaning of being human.' Hiyori concluded, watching all the other girls being invested in their ow thought as the screen faded into blackness.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

The clock is ticking, and my heart was beating against my chest.

My eyes glanced around, finding handful pairs of eyes that look as nervous as mine. They are darting around, waiting for the inevitable bloodbath that will come next.

"Ohh, it's the buzz-cut soldier dude that latches on that 17 guy from before." Ishizaki pointed.

Damnit... Why it has to be me that guarded this entrance. Out of the two gate of this mansion, the backdoor is the most likely choice those two sick psychopath will choose!

Wait, no... T-this is the trust 17 has given to me. He even gave me six people to lead against those two. Yeah, we will win... We will...

*Crash!* *Crash!* *Crash!*

What the hell is that!?

As the world seemingly froze and slowed down before me, something's round wrapped in our uniform's cloth flew through the broken windows..

It slowly unfolds, and soon, sand and dust filled our view.

"Gah!?" "What the hell!?"

The world was still in its slowed down state in my sight, yet, I couldn't react. I can barely move. The only thing that I could do is to watch as a monster descended upon us.

A streak of white and black passes me briefly.

There, the monster herself, the monster that orbits around the twisted god's of White Room, flew towards the poor sod that caught her eyes.

The watching eyes were completely glued to the screen as their owner's heart beats like a drum in their chest. They know that what they will see was horrifying and gruesome, yet this terrifying and beautiful figure... it bewitched them.

[Note: damnit, I should have used Bachira or Juuzou himself instead of that random girl to get this crazy smile. Do you think I should have changed Suzuki's description? White hair is quite generic lately...]

Suzuki Suzuya, with a manic smile that would fit the devil more, jumps- no, flew onto a poor boy who tried to rub the sand out of his eyes.

At last, the boy had managed to get rid of the dust on his eyes, but it was too late. Wihout a doubt...

That boy will die...

But, it still...

Was a sight to behold.

*CRACK!* *Squelch!*

**Blaargh** Choke and disgusting retch spreads across the theatre room as numerous students puked into their buckets.

The boy didn't even get his chance to process what's happening. She brought the two makeshift stone hatchets to the both side of his head. It broke, testament of how hard human skull was, but that doesn't mean the boy was saved.

His head was, simply said, crushed. His eyes bulged, almost come out of it's sockets while blood and pieces of his head spurted unto the ground and air.

The monster and it's dead prey stumbled down, sliding across the floor as we, the other remaining group, could only watch in total silent.

Though, all hell breaks lose when we saw her bloodstained face with that sickening smile.

"G-god, how could someone be that scary...?"

Ayanokouji's closest people were in conflict within their mind. This... Mad woman... They're unsure what to think about her. Except for Kei, they are glad she wasn't with Ayanokouji anymore. But in the other, this girl is the only person who might ne able to help him regain his humanity back.

Everyone instantly fell deep into their flow and began to sport a serious look. I, too, am could feel my own adrenaline flowing through my vein, letting my body moves more freely.

This is an old feelings. So nostalgic indeed, it reminds me to the time where I need to fought the other kid in those Deathmatch. The fear and anxiety may still be there but it doesn't really matters now.

Within a single beat, everyone began to take their move.

One of the other boy rushes toward 13's downed figure with a knife in hand. Before we set our ambush, 17 gave each of us at least one weapon. Though, against this psychopath, I don't think that's really matter.

Regardless, we would still try our best to kill her. The first boy raised his knife, ready to drive the sharp blade into 13's neck. His form was immaculate and his stance was perfect, prove of how skilled we are thanks to the White Room, but sadly for him, it means absolutely nothing as 13 tossed a ball of cloth with a grin behind her shoulder.

"Boo!"

The sand bomb returned, and the boy from the earlier got the displeasure to receive it directly with his face.

"Gah!"

13 hastily scrambled unto her feet while taking a hammer from the corpse. She raise it up, and crack the knife boy's head open by slamming the hammer's nail into the back of his head.

Retching noises were once again filling the theatre room as the goriness become even more gruesome. At this point, it was a wonder how they are still able to get their stomach's content out even after puking so many times.

"T-this is sickening..." Hirata weakly muttered, wiping the vomit trace on his chin while tear ran down his cheek.

Two have been downed singlehandedly by her and we can't let this happen much longer. Without any ounce of hesitation and filled with clear killing intent, the remaining of this group rushes at her.

Only to be stopped by a sudden yell.

"Ahh-!"

Ah, it's my own yell. I yelled from the suddrn tug on my collar.

The world once again seemingly freeze in slowed down state and I can't help but look back.

There, I could see him, the true devil himself. His face, his cold eyes staring into my soul, it was ingrained into my brain before everything come crushing down.

*CRASH!*

It all felt so vivid and fresh. I briefly could feel his hand grasped the side of my head before he slam my head into the glass panel of a cupboard. My head's ringing and my vision blurred, but I can see clearly what's waiting for me as I stared down.

It was death.

*Squelch* "Hrrk-!"

Again, they puked, but this time, even those with apathetic personality were disturbed by the scene before them.

The guy that become the point of view in this particular part was dying horribly. Some of the glasses were still stuck on the board and it was more than effective to pierce through the skin of his neck.

My mouth was instantly filled with the taste of metal as blood began to spill out of my mouth and my neck.

My body moves without order, desperately trying to get myself away from the glass that was still deep into my neck even if there's no hope for me anymore.

My consciousness began to disappear faster than I expected. I almost can't see anything other than blurry image and flashes of my memories. My mind is filled with nothing but the sound of myself choking on my own blood and a vision from the past.

My end is near.

Sorry, mom. I think I will be home late.

"S-stop... S-stop! P-please just stop...!"

"I... T-this... T-this is just too cruel...!"

Almost all the students are crying their hearts out while murmuring their pleads under their breathes. The brutality was something, indeed it is, but they have at least got quite used to it (which shows just how fucked up their minds were already) thanks to the that Torture and Deathmatch episodes.

But that last piece of the monologue. That hit them like a freight train.

This kids, they're basically innocent people that was forced to become a monster because of this... sickening facility.

Make no mistake, the ANHS students were aware that these White Room children would kill someone else without hesitation if that means they can still alive. But the fact that they were once just like them, it made the students sick.

They're sick of thinking about the suffering these children have to go through. They're sick of thinking about the life that facility has robbed away from these children. They're sick of thinking about what if they are the one who was fated with this misfortune instead of these children!

It made the students want to puke at how they sympathize these children while also doesn't want to have anything to do with this bullshit.

Ignoring their pathetic wail and shifts our attention at other occupants, we could see Ichinose rushes to Kiyotaka's seat.

Within a beat of second, she practically jumped to hug the sleeping boy and whimpered apologies into his chest.

"I-I'm so sorry! I'm so... s-sorry!"

It was a strange thing to see. Ichinose honestly had nothing to do with the misfortune he had faced in his childhood.

But she just felt so, so guilty for the thing he to endure. Ichinose just felt like she was the bigger sinner in earth upon remembering the thing Kiyotaka had said in his monologue.

He had never ever experienced love even until now. His life, he practically live without amything a human deswrved from the day they are born. Those other children at least have experienced what's love and happiness from their family, but Kiyotaka, and that girl, was different.

He never live properly as a human. That place had forced him to become an unfeeling monster from the day he was born.

Some of the other girls who harbored the same feeling Ichinose has for the boy, or at least the obvious one, rushes to Kiyotaka's side too and proceed to hug his sleeping figure.

Hiyori, Sakura, Satou and even Haruka began to cry profusely unto his blazer, apologizing just like what Ichinose did. They also promises to do their best to help him achieve a true hapiness, even if that was seemingly impossible.

Kei was much more silent than them, only sobbing slightly while keep whispering wih vacant look that she will do anything for him.

The others that has no courage or just have too much pride to latch unto him could only look down in shame and deep sadness. Horikita and Ibuki was among them.

The teachers could only watch with empty eyes. They took it the most hardest, especially Mashima-sensei. No children deserved this bullshit, no one.

And so, once again the showing ended up with another rain of tears before the students and teachers alike were allowed to return to their room and rest.

-oOo-

I feels like this last part was an absolute total bullshit I tried to make to increase the word count. Well, I don't really care anymore lol. Hope you guys enjoyed this. Sorry for the verry short fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
368K 13.2K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
124K 3.4K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...