typical - n.jm

By introvertederror

you really are typical. More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

20

25 2 3
By introvertederror

entry #20

walking into the same old cafe stop. it was considered a tourist spot and also just a generally lovely spot in town after years of hard work to get to this point. luckily, she was a known regular and was basically friends with the staff at this point. "good morning sungchan," she chirped with a soft smile.

"well if it isn't the bubblegum head. looking good with the touch up." he smirked, winking like always did. no matter how normal it was, it still made her roll her eyes and smile. "seasonal drinks already? new menu looking great with the seasonal change." she cooed, brushing her eyes over it all. "is our princess bubblegum here? toki!" she laughed and waved to shotaro.

he was looking well these days. high school years really hit him hard in the glow up factor after they got out of that shit show. "i'll get the strawberry blossom drink, half sugar level if it's super sweet." she smiled, handing over her card and looked around the cafe. it felt like it was just yesterday that she was entering for the first time.

brushing her hand through her pink hair. it really did make her feel in touch with her own self love. she wasn't scared anymore at the idea of being judged. she loved dying her hair bright colours either way. receiving her card back, she made her way behind the counter, pulling up a chair beside the clear section so she could relax and chill out before she had to work her late job.

"i heard recently that haechan and yeonha got engaged recently. aren't they the cutest celebrity couple?" she snorted hearing those names. "been rooting for them since high school and they finally got engaged. only took them a couple of years." the japanese boy giggled making her sigh.

hearing the chime of the door, she looked past to see but couldn't really tell who entered from her angle behind sungchan. receiving her drink from the other and smiling happily. "what should we get jeje?"
"damn i haven't been here since high school. there's so many drink choices now." feeling herself freeze. she couldn't believe her ears.

maybe it was just a bit of a misunderstanding. those voices didn't belong to the ones she knew back in high school so it was no big deal. plenty of korean and foreigners had a je in their name somewhere. it was just a little fluke who cares.

"i'll get the fruit tea and he'll take an americano with 2 extra shots." she hummed, watching the japanese boy work so she'd distract herself. "order for?"
"na jaemin." she almost spat out her drink at that. choking as she tried to cover her mouth and hide in the back kitchen away from view. sliding her chair ever so slightly to hide.

"what are you doing.." he questioned, watching her do so. motioning for him to come in too, he sighed and waved a quick apology to sungchan. placing his hands on his hips, he raised an eyebrow and tapped the floor with impatience.

"that's the na jaemin out there shotaro. like the ex i ran away from in high school and cried over for months because of shame." she voiced out frantically. already stressed enough that they were here in the flesh and not anywhere else. they could've gone anywhere. why here? aren't they rich and able to go to some fancy weird rich people cafe or some bullshit.

why here? why right now? "honestly toki. he probably doesn't remember you. high school you looks way different than adult you." he reassured, or well tried to. she was a stubborn fellow. "please cover for me taro. i'll literally start stuttering if i talk to him." she begged, making him sigh and agree.

as they walked out, she got a small scolding from the jung boy, but it was all worth it. seeing the other whisper something to the taller, he made an o with his mouth and held a thumbs up. "when are you heading to work today? doesn't your advisor nag the hell out of you?" she sighed at the thought of her advisor. "in a few hours i'll need to head out. but it's fine. my advisor can cry all he wants." she shrugged.

looking warily around to see where the forsaken duo was seated. she was stunned to see their faces. jesus christ did they glow up like god damn they were hot. like model level hot. she wouldn't be surprised if na jaemin went into the model industry. he was a beauty and gorgeous.

she was very obviously staring and it was making her awkward. she never caught up on news with the lee's and the na's. she basically forced herself out of the media aspect of things. not wanting to hear about them, even if yeji and hyunjin let it slip during conversation. they respected her wishes but god was it hard not hearing about na jaemin doing something scandalous that was gonna hurt their companies.

being in the same building as na jaemin was starting to suffocate her. this was too much. finishing her drink, she thanked the duo and attempted to skillfully make her way out from behind the counter and to the exit without making eye contact with them or anything. "bye bubblegum." she rolled her eyes and could already feel her stomach drop as she got closer to seeing na jaemin up close.

"i'll text you later sungie" she waved and promptly flipped him off. getting a laugh and flipping her off as well. breathing in the fresh air blowing in the air, she was soothed immediately. no bad run ins with na jaemin or lee jeno today. or ever. this was her own pass in ever seeing them again.

"hey there." jumping, she turned with frigid movements. there standing right behind her in all his glory was mr na fucking jaemin. god please be that he doesn't recognize her. "o..oh.. uhm. is there something you uh. uhm.. need?" she was already embarrassing herself. she is shameful.

"no. i just needed a breath of air. i thought you seemed familiar but i don't think you're who i think you are." he chuckled. smiling that damned charming smile he did all those years ago. it was like some of his features never aged. "sorry, i guess. uhm. is there anything else you need.. sir..?" it was so uncomfortable referring to him as sir. ew ew ew.

"do you happen to know anyone by the name of maruyama toki?" her heart basically stopped beating. she felt like there was a whole rock in her stomach from what he has said. "maruyama.. toki..? never heard of, haha, why would i know a toki?" god she was so bad at hiding her lying. she was fighting the urge to cry right now and it was barely being proven successful.

seeing him step towards her, she awkwardly shuffled. getting closer inch by inch with how he was moving. "sir.. this is a little.." and that was when she died inside. hearing her hiccup the moment she looked up and met eyes with the same eyes she fell in love with all those years ago. all those horrid years ago. she hiccuped. and that secured her death.

"you know, you're really predictable toki." he smiled, his eyes softening when he confirmed it was really her. how embarrassing. she really didn't want this. "look.. i.. i gotta go so.. uhm." he chuckled, not believing her one bit. "you really think i'm gonna let you run away after the first time? do you take me as a fool miss maruyama?" she could barely believe she was still alive with how hard her heart was beating.

"i was doubting it was you for a second. but no one hiccups when they're nervous like you." his dumb pretty smile. she felt like she was falling back in love with him all over again. but that was too shameful to think about. "what are you doing these days for work?" he hummed, unbothered at how they looked standing outside the cafe like this.

"oh you know.. average office job work. freelancing model work wherever i can find it." this was so so awkward. literally the only thing she can think of was how awkward this whole situation was. they've both grown as humans and weren't at all as comfortable as they used to be. for obvious reasons of course.

"really? i took you as the type to be more ambitious with your life. really settled huh?" she found herself smiling slightly. "i can't even begin to describe my normal day to day na jaemin." it was weird talking to him. she was long over him, still feeling sentimental at times and generally thinking of him as a harsh memory she resented. yet here she was realizing what she secretly missed all this time.

"jaem take your stupid drink." seeing the lee boy come out, she huffed in air to mentally prepare herself. "jeje, look at what i found. if it isn't miss maruyama toki in the flesh." he elbowed the boy making him squint and gasp. "is this really toktok?" he seemed timeless as well.

it was like time was working with them to keep their youth. "haha, yeah.. hi.. jeno.." she bowed out of habit. what a way to be reunited with your ex and your ex's best friend who used to be your best friend. what a small world. "why even. were you guys here?" she might as well get the question out there while she's at it.

they looked at each other and laughed. "we decided to take a little vacation. modeling full time and running companies doesn't bring the most free time." the lee boy chuckled lightly. sipping on his drink and cooing at how good it was. "you know, i always wondered. why did you break up with me back then. it's been a couple of years but i still wanna know what i did back then." he wondered innocently, making her wince.

"haha, what a funny question, haha. i better get going. bills don't pay themselves!" she tried to escape, only to be dragged back by two people this time. "don't tell me you're embarrassed of the reasoning?" now she was being ganged up on by her ex and her ex's best friend. this is beyond shame bro.

"i may or may not have overheard you all saying that our relationship has been a bet at the beginning which made me a tad bit heart broken which made me depressed and yeah! now i should get going you know. it was great catching up and everything!"

she was still absolutely being held back. what a glory you know? jesus these men were strong. she used to get from the grip easily. their silence was getting uncomfortable. "is that. really the reason..?" their shocked expressions were making her feel guilty now. stupid feelings and inner guilt.

"you know, i told you to tell her back then stupid."
"how was i suppose to know she'd become depressed when she found out by accident you stupid tennis player!" seeing them start to bicker made her laugh. seeing a figure appear at the door, he opened it and sighed. "could y'all leave?" she laughed seeing his defeated look.

"i'm sorry sungie, we were just discussing some old high school drama." she said with ease, hugging him and cooed. "is this your ex, princess?" struggling to cup her hand around his mouth, she smiled and pretended that everything was fine and he didn't say anything grave or important.

"hoho, i can't believe toki got a giant boyfriend in the time we haven't seen each other." sticking out her tongue, she rolled her eyes. "i'll see you later sungie." she apologized for the inconvenience and shooed the two away from the door so they could continue to speak.

"we should hire you to model for the na corporation." he joked, seeing her scowled. "you aren't mad i'm dating?" he shook his head and smiled gently. "it's been years. i shouldn't be mad at someone i'm not even dating." he laughed patting her on the head. "damn toki you did not grow an inch."

"i swear to fucking god lee jeno i will beat your ass right here on the side of the road."
"do you think we can get the hwang twins mad if we hire you for work." she was so ready to absolutely wreck their shit from all of this.

"we haven't spoken in years and we have not lost any aspect of our dead friendship."
"shut it and give us your number."
"demanding bastard, i should just walk away right now."

<>

entry #20 completed

<>

posted; 8/29/22

<>

we have officially reached the end of typical! it may seem to be short lived but honestly writing 2,000 words in the span of 1am-4am most nights usually isn't great. yet the story was started and finished!

thank you for sticking to the end and enjoying the book! (or well i hope you did) the story is frustrating and it made me mad to write it. everything was so sudden that even the time frame of it all makes no sense whenever they addressed "a couple of months." and "a couple of weeks."

all stress aside, i really enjoyed writing this book! i won't ask for too much, but please do send some love to my books <3 (minus toffee and scopaesthesia for the love of god bro) because i really do love writing and my books be thriving fr.

if you do happen to love typical, you may like the rest of my books as well. so i do encourage strongly to read my other books before i become shameful of this one.

thank you again! i love you all!

signing off,
wind

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.7K 2.6K 29
"This is the last chance we got, better make it count." [WARNING! Some mature content like gore and murder and stuff]
12.4K 411 28
"π‘†π‘œ 𝑖𝑠 π‘‘π˜©π‘–π‘  π‘‘π˜©π‘’ π‘šπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘›π‘‘ π‘€π˜©π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑀𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π˜©π‘’π‘› π‘π‘’π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘’ 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘“π‘Ÿ...
365K 11.8K 40
Your average cliche high school story~ -Haechan X Reader
55K 1.4K 13
just little one shots etc (mostly nomin)