sparks fly - k. akaashi

By ushijimoo

๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž โ†ณ in which a rainy day bri... More

introduction
stick figures
mesmerizing
bookstore
cloud
eleven days
slushies
sticky notes
midnight snack
legos
pouring rain
nervous
painting kisses
carnations
dancing in the dark
one line
three weeks
head spins
fancy napkins
empty fridge
konoha the cone
missed call
rainy day
want and need
letters
bakery
akaashi's letters
hate and love
candy canes
flirting
hiding spot
eugene fitzherbert
book cart
birthday party
mess of letters
pinky promise

balcony

1.4K 80 95
By ushijimoo

akaashi walked down the sidewalk towards the coffee shop. he had a plan for the day and it started with him finding a girl. not any random girl, his girl.

luckily for him, she was standing outside the coffee shop and digging into her bag for something. he walked up to her and moved his arm over her shoulder, holding a single key.

y/n stopped looking in her bag and looked up at the key that was dangling in front of her face. "why do i have a key in front- you have an apartment!" she figured it out in the middle of her sentence and spun around to face akaashi.

"i have an apartment." he smiled and put the key back into his pocket just in time for him to catch y/n when she reached up to hug him.

akaashi was surprised since this was the first hug they had since he came back. he forgot how much he loved her hugs. the way she tightly wrapped her arms around him and he could actually feel how much she wanted to hug him.

"can i see it?" she asked when the hug was over. "do you have your stuff here? is it close by?"

"yes, i was planning on taking you, i do have my stuff, and yes it's pretty close." he answered all three questions.

"then what are we waiting for?" she spun akaashi around and placed her hands on his back to push him forward.

"come here." akaashi grabbed her hand and pulled her in front of him so he could direct the way. "it's a little past your apartment, but a little closer to the park."

"really? that's good." she let akaashi put his hands on her shoulders and lead the way to his apartment. "do you wanna see rin again? he's grown a little since you last saw him."

the memory of the little cat bought a smile to his face. he remembered how they bought it home from the dinner with her whole family. 

"yeah, that would be great." akaashi turned the corner towards another street of shops and cafes.

"look at all these coffee shops." y/n waved her hand at the stores. "out all of these coffee shops, we ended up at the same one at the same time multiple times."

"crazy isn't it?" akaashi hooked his pinky through hers and had the urge to kiss her forehead. ever since he did that at the bookstore, he's wanted nothing more than to do it again.

maybe actually try for another kiss.

"or what if we never made eye contact?" she gasped lightly. "i probably would've stared at you for most of the time until you left."

"i would've just typed letters on my laptop while trying not to look at you." akaashi paused. "actually, that's exactly what i did."

"until i made the first move and walked over to you."

"no, i made the first move. i looked over at the chair as an invitation for you to sit." akaashi argued.

"yeah, but i stood up and physically made the move first." y/n stopped and turned to face him, not backing down from the argument.

"movement of the eyes is considered physical."

"movement of the eyes is physical-"

akaashi let out a surprised laugh when y/n wrapped her arm around his neck and covered his mouth with her hand.

"i made the first move."

"whatever you say, darling."

they both quieted down, remembering the memory of their first time arguing over the exact topic.

akaashi cleared his throat and filled the silence. "we're here." he stopped in front of glass double doors and opened it. y/n walked past him and looked around the lobby. simple. front desk, stairs, elevator, a plant, and a few chairs and tables.

"what floor are you on?" she asked, walking towards the elevator.

"two." her finger pressed down on the number two button and she examined the elevator while it went up. akaashi watched her as she looked around and found interest in the painted walls of the elevator.

"are you close to the stairs?" the elevator doors opened and she rushed out to look down the hallway. "in case of a fire you can sprint right down."

akaashi grabbed her hand and walked with her down the hallway. he didn't have to walk far because they ended up standing in front of room 201. he unlocked the door and revealed the inside.

"things just started to get delivered, so that's why it's so disorganized." he explained before she could question the lack of a bed and most furniture. there were stacks of books in the corner, clothes folded on the floor, pots and pans scattered on the counter.

"where have you been sleeping?" y/n looked around to find something remotely comfortable, but found nothing. "have you been sleeping on the floor?"

"no, bokuto lent me a futon when i told him i got an apartment." he explained. "it's in the bedroom." the apartment was different from his old one. there was only one bedroom and it wasn't the biggest size.

but it looked good. there were huge windows that expanded from the top of the wall to the bottom. there were also shades that could be pulled down if he wanted privacy. the kitchen and living room were connected, no wall in between them.

the bedroom was good and had the same windows as the living room and the bathroom was a good size. there was also a guest room that looked cozy and even a small office space for him to work in. 

sure, there was barely anything but a mess in each of the rooms, but y/n was sure that once the furniture was bought in that the apartment would look cozy.

"this place looks amazing." she went from room to room, looking thoroughly at everything. there was even a small balcony and y/n absolutely loved balconies. "it really matches you."

"really?" akaashi was happier than he expected when she told him that she liked it.

"yeah, once you get all your furniture in and decorate the place up a bit, it should look like home in no time. besides, most of your things are..." y/n trailed off when she noticed a certain piece of artwork on the kitchen counter.

her painting.

the one that was her favorite part in his book. not only that but the things she gave and wrote to him months ago were stuck onto the refrigerator door by little magnets.

"you kept them?" she didn't take a step towards the kitchen, but she didn't turn to face akaashi either.

"of course i did." he replied like it was the most obvious thing. y/n looked at her painting for an extra second before walking out to the balcony, confident that akaashi would follow her out.

and he did.

she laid down on the ground and leaned her legs against the railing, her feet propped up on the top of the rails. akaashi laid down next to her and mimicked her position with his arms placed behind his head.

"i would've never gotten rid of those. that would've been rude and inconsiderate and i love everything you give me." he confessed, breaking the silence once more.

"no, i'm not surprised that you kept them. i'm surprised you put them back out." y/n looked up at the cloudy skies that was making the sky look like it was about to rain.

akaashi turned his head up to the sky and thought about what she said.

"i knew you would come back eventually. not for me, but you would come back for you." she placed her arm over her eyes to avoid looking at him.

"for me?"

"yeah, it's where you're friends are and everything and you seem like the type of person to get homesick. not that that's a bad thing."

"no, you're right." akaashi glanced over at her and wished that she would take her arm off of her eyes. "i think i missed this place the moment i left. did you want me to come back?"

"yeah, but i also wondered about what i would say when you did come back." akaashi softly took a hold of her hand and pulled her arm down and away from her eyes.

"have you said them all?"

"no, but it's just a repeat of one simple topic." she sighed. "i don't hate you. and i don't regret letting you go and i'm glad you're back. i just hate that we lost eight months and you didn't tell me you were leaving."

he regretted that too. things could've ended so easily if he simply just told her that he had to move. maybe they wouldn't have lost those eight months.

"you know i regret my decisions deeply." he reached down and tapped his pinky against hers. her pinky wrapped around his and she let out another small sigh.

"i know you do."

"and i'll do anything to make it up to you." he winced in surprise when he felt something drop onto his face. rain. it was starting to rain.

"i know that too."

"then let me." he tugged on her finger. "let me make it up to you. let me get your trust back cause i'm staying."

y/n turned her face to the side when the rain started to come down. neither of them made a move to head back inside.

it was akaashi's turn to avoid looking at her. he stared up at the sky with his eyes closed, ignoring that he was getting drenched.

"what if i told you that you already did?" akaashi's eyes snapped open the same time a hand was cupping the side of his face and turning his head to the side. he barely had time to realize what was happening before it happened.

y/n softly pressed her lips against akaashi's and turned her body so she was laying on her side. akaashi slowly bought his hand up to her waist and rolled her on top of him. she followed his move and moved her other hand to the side of his neck.

both of them couldn't put into words how much they missed kissing each other like this. they couldn't care less about the rain, in some ways it made the kiss even better.

their first kiss was something unforgettable. the rain, the kiss, the sparks, the person they were kissing.

y/n pulled back first and looked down at him. his hair was a little longer than before and it was sticking to his forehead. she brushed back those strand and leaned down to kiss his forehead before falling back down against his chest.

"are you sure you wanted to kiss me?" akaashi asked while his hand was rubbing small circle on her back.

"yes."

"okay." his arms snaked around her waist as he held her tightly, not seeming like he wanted to let her go anytime soon. "should we go inside where it's dry?"

"probably." they stood up but akaashi didn't unwrap his arms from y/n. "we should also change cause it'll be uncomfortable sitting in wet clothes." what akaashi didn't expect was for her to toss of her shirt in the middle of the room, leaving her in a bra.

he stared for a second before feeling his face heat up. "yeahyeah, of course. uh, what do you want? shirt? sweatshirt? do you want pants too?" he walked forward and stared down at the floor while he walked.

"sweatshirt, please. and a towel." akaashi stopped walking at that request. "if you even have towels here."

"can you get me a towel?" she suddenly asked and looked down at her body where the rain was falling from her clothes.

"of course." akaashi looked at her for a second longer before walking to his closet to retrieve a towel. he took two for extra measures. "i got you two just in ca-" he looked to the door and found that y/n had left her decision for him.

the coat he gave to her was on the floor along with his umbrella. she was gone.

"i promise i won't leave." it was like she read his mind. akaashi gave her a tight smile before disappearing into his room to grab the towel and sweatshirt. he froze when he heard a door slam shut, but then he heard something like a spoon falling on the counter.

"how is it you have stuff for hot chocolate but not a bed?" y/n asked when akaashi walked back out. "and you have snacks!" she held up bags of snacks.

"because i bought those things." he answered and handed her the sweatshirt. she slid the sweatshirt on and using the towel to dry off her body. "are you making hot chocolate?"

"uh huh." she opened the fridge and poured the milk into two mugs. "you should change too. you'll get cold in nothing but wet clothes."

"i know, just wanted to give you yours first." it was his time to strip off his shirt and left him shirtless. y/n stared shamelessly at his chest while she mixed the milk with the cocoa powder.

he could still feel her eyes on his back when he turned around to walk back to his room. he changed into a white tshirt and sweatpants while his mind was occupied with the girl in the room next door.

he wondered what he was going to do now that she kissed him. or what would she do? did she fully forgive him? did he even deserve her forgiveness?

but he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss kissing her in those eight months.

~~~
my school library played TAYLOR SWIFT
also there's this guy in my class that looks AND ACTS like the guy i used to like all through middle school and it bothers me so much 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 107 20
The rain poured on you two, and he put his coat around you. "Well, you know what they say," He said, looking up to the sky and sticking his tongue ou...
80K 2.9K 29
A chatfic ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป
8.4K 426 13
"Let's enjoy our last coffee, okay?" He lets out a faint chuckle and kisses her head. โžณเผปโ€โ˜•โ€เผบโžณ !!DISCLAIMER!! I do not own any Haikyuu characters, jus...
109K 5.3K 48
third year akaashi befriends a girl who reminds him of what he's lost, but she's got reasons of her own. akaashi x fem!oc COMPLETED