Sweetness Of Life ✔

By free_bird_123_

A sequel to Sweetness of Love. Achieving a blissful existence and a harmonious family is a universal desire... More

CHAPTER - 01
CHAPTER - 02
CHAPTER - 03
CHAPTER - 04
CHAPTER - 05
CHAPTER - 06
CHAPTER - 07
CHAPTER - 08
CHAPTER - 09
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER -13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 32
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
Epilogue
Sweetness Of Life

CHAPTER - 38

249 43 50
By free_bird_123_

Giggle. Chuckle. Smile. Laugh.

Happiness. Contentment. Joy. Satisfaction.

We find synonyms for everything and my synonym of peace is Sweetness Of Love and Life.

We all see the bright and dark days of our lives but in the end, everything makes sense because everything does happen for a reason.

Now, when I see how incredibly amazing our lives are I am sure none of us mind the struggles because all of it feels worth it.

With all the Sweetness around I feel overwhelmed and now I am used to it. I feel belonged, loved, cared and valued. What more can I ask?

I am happy with everything I have and all I ask is all of this never gets snatched from me because I know I deserve happiness. That's what my husband oh-so-lovingly said on my birthday.

All of our lives did a lot of progress from September to December.

From Shreya disappearing all of a sudden to Sara and Kabir's babies to Abir bringing us to a new home to Shreya's father working with me to Arya and Aryan's growth to the twins naming ceremony to celebrating my birthday on 23rd October to Sam and Ishaan disappearing on a babymoon to Foziah and Asad celebrating Sorfi's birthday to my business trip to Neha and Kiaan almost done with wedding preparations to Shreya arriving on 3rd December with a different hairstyle and a tattoo.

She's never been a girl with a tattoo and short hair but she had to do that to change her identity. She almost wanted to be invisible because she didn't want Kunal to see her like this but all Kunal cared about was she was safe.

I am happy that on December 15 we will have not only Neha and Kiaan getting married but also Kunal and Shreya.

Shreya was very happy to meet Sara and Kabir's children Hania and Sania. I totally love the babies too they are very cute.

We couldn't go on the trip Foziah and Asad planned because Shreya wasn't there and when she came back it was too late because it is their wedding anytime soon. That's the thing about planning, they always get canceled at the end moment.

I love all the progress in Maheshwari Enterprises and the fact that I am proving everyone who thought I didn't deserve this position wrong. Working with Abir, Asad and Vidhyut has been a pleasure.

Our new home has been our reason for happiness recently.

It is a stylishly simple family home and we take advantage of beautiful views because all the living space is on the first floor. We all absolutely love it and enjoy that special feeling of freedom every day.

The beautiful kitchen oversees the sun-soaked open-plan living and dining area flowing out to the large balcony. This area is the heart of our home - the place where all four of us gather and make sweet memories.

I can't explain the feeling I get on Sundays when I am preparing breakfast with my husband to the view of the balcony and hearing our children chatter and laugh in the background while having my husband around me kissing me every chance he gets.

Towards the rear of the first floor, is our master bedroom. Heading to the ground floor there is an accommodation area for the kids, with three bedrooms, two occupied by Arya and Aryan. There is a home theatre that gives them plenty of space to call their own.

When we first saw the home all of us were in love with it and Arya and Aryan seemed to get a lot excited when he asked how they wanted their room's color to be. Arya just wanted her big photo frame in her room and all her summer camp medals.

She didn't mind the color at all which is a good thing because I don't think coloring rooms of your interest is a good thing. I mean color should go with the type of house rather than our liking. A color consultant helped us with it and I am happy Abir gave me this chance to me because I totally loved decorating the home for all of us.

Aryan, ah, my boy is very simple. He just left things to me and I ended up planning a space theme for his room and I added a neon sign of his name which Arya wanted as soon as she saw it.

Arya's room has a rainbow theme which has her name written in a neon sign.

I loved both of their rooms but ours is the best because we have the LED star ceiling lights and having my sexy, hot, cute, lovely husband beside makes all of it so much better.

The interior design of all of the rooms is all thanks to the interior designer. She did a fantastic job. The home looks a lot fascinating with all the lighting, furniture, and decoration.

The home is painted in black and white which the color consultant said is generally the most popular combination for a luxurious finish. He said white walls with hints of powder blue, subtly dotted with black give a majestic feel.

While the interior advised me that when you focus on a purposeful less-is-more approach and clear your home of unattractive, space-swallowing furniture and accessories, it breathes energy and movement into it.

The floor-to-ceiling windows have the heavier fabric in dark shades knitted with lighter hues to filter in sunshine and screen.

Multi-layered lighting makes spaces magical. They are layered at different levels. Beginning with elegant chandeliers in strategic places like living and dining rooms, and add soft mid-level lighting to ornamental table lamps. Wall sconces and subtle lighting schemes uplift the aura of the space.

Fresh flower arrangement brightens and adds visual appeal and exudes a captivating aroma. I didn't mind investing in baskets and vases to fill the home with enchanting blossoms.

Overall, I loved decorating the home and I had to give my attention and time to it because we live, grow, and make memories here. A home isn't just to eat, sleep and work it's a place to make memories. A place where we feel we belong.

It's the third week in this home after all the decoration and we are all enjoying the Saturday evening. Shifting can be a big deal because arranging all stuff isn't easy. I won't lie Abir did most of the work of arranging our clothes and stuff.

"Shut up." I slap his arm as he makes a bed for us on the balcony.

He laughs. "Admit it you moan out too loud and that's the only reason I have our room soundproof."

I glance at Arya and Aryan who are talking over something before I look at him. "You make me moan."

"And I totally enjoy it." He grins.

"I know." I smile as I shake my head at him.

At Arya's request, we are all sleeping on the balcony.

"I am a little taller than you," Aryan says and we turn to look at them.

They both stand next to each other measuring their heights.

"So?" Arya frowns. "I am not short."

"I just said I am a little taller than you," Aryan says calmly.

"That also means you are saying I am a little shorter than you." Arya rolls her eyes.

I look away from them and Abir sighs as he stands beside me. They are oblivious to us listening to them.

"You wanted to measure heights, Ary." Aryan frowns. "Now, don't fight. Papa is going to scold and Mumma is going to feel sad."

"Speak slowly." She says. "They will hear us. And I am not fighting, I am saying."

Aryan looks at her for a moment. "Let us play or go help them?"

"Yes. Help them." She cheers. "Carry me a little taller boy."

I hear Abir chuckle slowly and I look up at him and smile. I love my children and their bond.

It's a little emotional to see them growing so quickly, seeing them being understanding for us. They are both growing their height and Aryan looks a lot like Abir as he grows. Arya has her hair growing up and she loves showing them off as she comes out of the shower.

"I don't think I am liking that they are growing up so quick." Abir sighs as he puts his arm around me.

I smile. "I am sure they are loving it."

"I know." He chuckles. "While I feel happy to see them grow I also feel sad they won't be small anymore. Children aren't the same when they grow up."

I look at Abir and I smile, it's amusing he was a little hurt when Arya said to him she knows to tie her shoelace now and she doesn't need Abir's help to do it.

"They aren't." I agree. "They are going to be different at each stage and we are just supposed to guide and look after them while enjoying each phase of their lives."

"It's easy to take care of children when they are small." Abir looks at them and I follow his gaze.

I watch as Aryan carries her on his back and she screams in his ear making him drop her on the couch. Even if this makes him annoyed she laughs out loud on his face.

"Because when they grow up it's hard to understand them. Little things start hurting them, they feel offended, annoyed, and whatnot. It's actually hard being an adult." He says.

"Yeah. Been there." I chuckle. "But I had the best mother so no worst experience but had a lot of things going on outside."

"Well, I felt sad a lot of times when my parents didn't understand my point of view." He smiles sadly as if remembering the old days. "Now, I get it."

"Get what?"

"They had reasons behind everything and that everyone is different."

"Right." I nod.

I hope I can do that - understand their point of view.

"Okay. Sorry." Arya says as she tries to stop her laugh. "I won't do it now."

"You will," Aryan says annoyed.

"I won't." She says as she shakes her head.

He looks at her then he gives her his back. She stands up on the couch and hops on his back. We watch as they approach us and Aryan grins at us while Arya smiles.

As they get closer and I recognize the devilish smile on her face I know what her next move is and before I can warn Aryan she shouts in his ear making my ears ring and they both fall on the bed.

"Arya," Aryan says annoyed as he holds his ear.

"That's me." She laughs. "You have too sharp ears, I hate it."

Abir and I laugh as we sit down on the bed.

"You shouldn't do that again, Arya," Abir tells her softly. "That might affect his ears you know."

She looks at me suddenly looking a little sad, I press a kiss on her cheek. "Be careful. That's all Papa is asking."

"Okay." She says in a small voice.

Abir and I exchange a look feeling the silence in the room when Aryan stands up and removes his shirt.

"Where do I sleep?" He asks.

"We are sleeping on the balcony." Aryan suddenly shouts and I am glad she didn't spoil her mood.

"I am sleeping next to Mumma." She says as she hugs me.

"Yeah. You are left with me." Abir says as he looks at Aryan.

"I love you also Papa." He laughs. "I will sleep next to you."

Abir chuckles as he pats his back. "You are my son."

"And I am also Mumma's son." He says as he looks at me.

"I am also the daughter of you both," Arya says rolling her eyes.

"Yeah. I have a daughter and a son." Abir says softly and his eyes move over to me. "By my beautiful wife."

I feel the blush creep on my cheeks and I watch as Arya and Aryan exchange a look before they both grin at each other.

I wish I could get in their heads and know what they understand just by exchanging a look.

Abir leans down to press a kiss on my cheek. I smile up at him before I look away.

"Let's sleep now," I say.

Abir sleeps near the glass railing with Aryan next to him, Arya sleeps next to Aryan and I sleep next to her.

We lie there for a few minutes talking with Arya and Aryan who have a few curious questions and a few stories to share about their class incidents and their very strict maths teacher.

They fall asleep after they get tired and also because it's their bedtime already. I keep my hand on the pillow and rest my cheek as I close my eyes to fall asleep when I feel a soft tap on my arm.

I open my eyes expecting Arya to wake up to go use the washroom but I frown when I see Abir propping up on his elbow.

"Come to me." He mouths.

I bite my lip as I look down at Arya and Aryan before I stand up slowly and walk over to him.

"Slowly," I say when he moves Arya and Aryan a little. Arya seems to be in deep slumber but Aryan stirs a little before he falls asleep.

I lie down next to Abir and we face each other. I look behind to see if Arya and Aryan are covered with comforters when the air blows.

I look back at Abir and he pulls the comforter over us as he holds my gaze.

"You are so beautiful." He breathes out as he puts his arm around my waist.

I just look at him and smile feeling so lucky to have him in my life. I can feel the love flow between us as we stare at each other.

I look up at the sky loving the darkness of it with the moon glowing. This moment feels so good as I lie with my husband and children.

"You know." He begins to say slowly and I look back at him. "When I didn't have you in my life I felt lonely and it hurt me a lot when I kept thinking about what are the things we didn't do. I hated all of it."

I look at him and my chest tightens at the emotion in his voice. "I wanted to have all of my life with you- I still do. I had- we had so much to do in our life and seeing no possibility of it broke my heart. I just didn't know what to do with all the love I had for you. I also started feeling like my love was useless."

I want to interrupt and say something but I stop because that's what he always does. He listens to me before saying anything and I am supposed to do the same.

"But when I first saw you near your doorstep in Eva's apartment-" He pauses and a small smile appears on his lips as if remembering that moment. I smile too because that's the first memory I have of him and I love it.

"I felt a little hopeful but as we started jogging together and drinking apple juice at the cafe it meant so much for me." He says softly and I glimpse the sincerity in his eyes.

"It felt like I got a chance to show my love in different ways if it wasn't by kissing you I could do it by going on a bike ride with you or having a little argument with you."

"It was the clay competition or the cheek kisses after it, they all made me feel my love wasn't useless." A smile plays on his lips as he says and I feel a little emotional and amused as I recall all of it.

We have come so far. Together.

"Mishti, it's not easy to keep someone alive in your life when they are not with you." He says as he moves his hand from my waist to my arm.

He trails it up to my shoulder then drags it down as he takes my hand in his and entwines our fingers and my heart warms a little.

"All those small moments we shared, you unknowingly helped me heal my broken heart." He says and my eyes fill up a little at his honesty.

"You are the sweetness of my life and without you, I feel my life bitter." He says as he tightens his grip on my hand. "Thank you for healing my taped heart, you are the best medicine."

I try not to blink because if I do I am sure the tears will spill. He brings our hands up to his lips and presses a kiss on my knuckles as he holds my gaze.

"There's no other hand than yours that would fit better in mine." He says. "There are no other mesmerizing eyes than yours that would make me feel captivated."

And then I do, I blink and the tears roll down my cheek. Maybe so that he could feel captivated by my eyes, again.

"There is no other person than you that I would want to stand beside and cook, pack lunch boxes and kiss every time I get a chance." He grins.

"There is no other person than you that will argue with me yet still be on my mind." He shakes his head as he smiles. "You make me go crazy, my love."

I bite my lip feeling his words touch my heart, they twist my heart in a very different way. "There is no other person than you that will comfort me with her hugs. It's all you that I desire."

He untwines our fingers and presses a kiss on my palm before he keeps it on his cheek.

"It's all you." He whispers.

I sniff as I try not to be so emotional and ruin this moment for us, he gives me a small smile as he reaches out to wipe my tears away.

"Mishti, I love that I am your husband." He says as he leans down and presses a kiss on my forehead.

"I don't give a fuck about whatever I had to go through for seven years." He says as he pulls back to look at me. "All I care about is I have you now. We went through all of it because we were supposed to have this beautiful moment."

"Right here with you in my arms with our children sleeping right behind us." He smiles. "Feeling perfect together with the imperfect life."

"I don't care if I become a diabetes patient but I want all the sweetness of this life with you." His eyes soften.

"I love you, Mishti." He holds my gaze and I feel something stir in my chest at the emotion and honesty in his voice.

He keeps looking at me and I caress his cheek with my thumb as I watch the love in his eyes- for me and it fills my heart with a lot of love and his sweetness.

I blink my eyes to clear my vision, if I wasn't so touched by his words I would probably tell him You can expect a 'same to you' from me.

"I love you, Abir," I whisper, and my voice slows down a little in the end.

He smiles. "You can expect a 'same to you' from me."

I laugh slowly through tears. "I do. Always."

We just look at each other then we smile and then we burst out laughing.

"I am sorry I don't have a lot of words to tell you," I say after a moment. "I feel blank. All I know is I love you and that I am always going to expect a 'same to you' from you."

He smiles at me before he leans down and kisses me. I put my leg over him as he pulls me closer to him. The cold breeze blows and my hair flows with it.

Abir tucks my hair behind my ear and he presses a big kiss on my lips before he pulls away. I smile at him as I reach up and kiss him all over his face- his forehead, eyes, nose, cheeks, and jaw before I kiss on his lips.

"I love your kisses too." He grins at me and I smile at him.

"I love that you love everything about me," I say. "Just like I do about yours."

"I love you more, my wife." He says as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"No, I love you more, my husband," I say as I run my fingers over his chest.

"No argument." He pulls me closer to him as he presses a kiss on my hair. "We both love each other more and more and more."

"And more and more and more," I say as I look up at him, and he chuckles softly.

I sigh as I rest my head back on his chest. He runs his hand through my hair as we watch the sky, stars, and moon in silence loving the moment we are living.

"You are my Sweetness." He whispers.

"And you are mine," I say.

This is it. This is all I want.

A life with him filled with these small moments that prove the Sweetness Of Life.

THE END

❊❊❊

Hello, everyone.

I know, I get it that it's unexpected but this was it. That was Sweetness all about.

I don't want to drag it any longer. This is the only scene I had in my head always and this was how I always wanted to end it. And it is now, ended.

I am a mess myself because the Sweetness series is part of me and I didn't experience this when Sweetness Of Love ended because I knew that wasn't the end but now- it is the end.

Definitely writing an Epilogue.

Thank you all for reading, voting, commenting, and loving it. It means so much to me.

Would love to know all of your views.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 2.4K 36
___ Danger is what their life depicts . Mishti ~ This name itself means sweetness. But destiny has always been bitter to her. Abir ~ In urdu it me...
17K 1.4K 9
This a complete different story of two persons falling in love... What happens when a simple girl Mishti, who doesn't really believe in 'Love' meets...
5.9K 410 5
After suffering the unthinkable, Mishti & Abir try to work through their problems in their own melody of love.
251K 10.9K 46
Abir Rajvansh a Business tycoon. Fun loving, shayar, best photographer of the city and comedian of the house. His life changed after his father's dea...