Ghost Rider: Blessed & Posses...

By GabeTheFallen

Same shit, different day. Duncan and Ashley have dealt with the supernatural for as long as they've known. Th... More

Prologue: Aftermath
Ants on Fire
Moving Out
Dreams
Family Business
Hunters in Los Angeles
Burdens
Shadows
Worries of Tomorrow
Dark Memories
Tales Of Rider: Part 1
Tales of Rider: Part 2
Tales of Rider: Part 3
Tales of Rider: Part 4
From the Grave
Dog on the Loose
French Werewolf in Mexico
Doctor... Who?
Hellish Impact
Taking a Bite
Devil May Care
Ashley VS Ares
Unexpected Meeting
Family Matters
Untold Future
Unholly Offsprings of Ice and Death
Darkness Unsealed
Fearful Dragon
What is to follow
QnA PART 1
Death, Life, and Time

Snowy Lands

393 9 0
By GabeTheFallen

3rd POV:

Ashley's eyes slowly fluttered open, groaning she lifted herself up to her feet. But a crunchy sound caught her attention and a cold chill enveloped her being. Her eyes widened in shock and surprise, gazing around herself, she couldn't comprehend the idea of where or how she got here.

Ashley: "This... what the hell is this?" She muttered to herself.

The place that she found herself in was nothing short of a tundra, snow covered the ground and trees as long as you can gaze upon. Ashley did a 360 degree slow turn with her whole body in order to see her enviroment better. Unfortunately for her, snow, that's all she was welcomed with.

Ashley: "All right, not the weirdest thing that happened to me. Byakko, got any idea what's going on?... Byakko?"

Nothing, she got no answer from her partner of divine origins. Her thoughts went that this would be a dream, but she had to much control over her actions to be one.

Trying to asses her situation she kept a calm expression, but she soon started to notice that her body was getting colder. Much to her confusion, she hugged herself and rubbed her arms in order to keep herself warm.

Ashley: "So... in the middle of nowhere, freezing, without Byakko or anyone else and i might not even have my powers... Bollocks."

Bollocks indeed it was, her british side could surface from time to time unlike her brother who goes dull throttle. Despite her dire situation she kept a calm expression and chose a direction in which she could move.

As she kept walking, Ashley couldn't help herself but feel being watched. Despite her vision being clouded by the snow and trees, her insticts were sharp. Finding a clearing, she stopped. Closing her eyes, she started to inhale and exhale.

The rustling of leaves echoed troughout the forest. Shortly an arrow was fired from the treeline, Ashley leaned her head in time to dodge, but she wad slower then usual much to her displeasure. Many more arrowes followed, she rolled out of the way then backfliped a few times. Her foes were concealed by the trees and snow.

Ashley: 'Okay, two can play this game.' She thought to herself, alreeady having a plan in mind.

Ashley kept dodging the volley of arrows, but she got shot in the shoulder. Gritting her teeth she rolled out of the way of another arrow. Backing herself against a tree, she gave the tree a roundhouse kick strong enough to make the snow fall from it, creating an make-shift smoke-screen. That was enough to create an opening for her to take cover and hide herself behind a tree far enough.

The arrows didn't stop from coming, much to her annoyance. But the bad news didn't stop there, a stray arrow managed to hit her in the thigh. She covered her mouth and gritter her teeth not to make a noise. Bracing herself, she gripped the arrow stuck in her shoulder and pulled it out. She did the same with the one stuck in her tigh.

Ashley: 'So no healing factor... gotta deal with these wounds later. But what the...?'

Ashley just noticed the ice that surrounded her wouds, most probably coming from the arrows that shot her.

Ashley: 'Magic arrows? Just what the hell are they?'

Taking a peek from her position, she saw that within the clearing, some individuals made themselves present.

In terms of appearance, they are about the same size as humans and have blue skin, white hair, and sharp white eyes. Ice Elves.

Ashley widened her eyes a little. This Ice Elves seemed coordonated, so she needed to be more careful.

Suddenly a chill ran down her spine, turning around she was met with an Ice Elf. Ashley didn't have much time to react, hence why she was sent crashing into a tree when the Ice Elf slammed his staff into her stomach.

Ashley's body fell limp with her head hanging low. The Ice Elf smirked sadisticaly as she aproached her, ready to go for the kill. Kneeling, the Ice Elf brought his hand to his waist, but he gained a puzzled look once he saw his knife missing. But the puzzled look turned into shock once a knife was jabbed trough his lower jaw, going trough his brain and protruding through the skull. Ashley showed a cold look once she took out the knife and slit the Ice Elf's throat for good measure.

Ashley caught the body and gently put it, down not to make much sound. She wiped some blood from her forehead. She took quick notice of the Ice Elf's weaponry, he had a staff, a hunting knife, a bow and a few arrows.

Ashley: 'It ain't much, but this should get the job done.'

Glancing to the Ice Elf's side, she saw a satchel, rummeging through it she found some bandages and some writing which she didn't understand so she threw away. The bandages were quite important, she is gonna treat her wounds, but at the moment she had to take care of her guests.

Taking whatever she found of use, she swiftly and as quietly as possibly left the zone she found herself in. Finding a good spot, not to far, she kept watch over the dead body. Soon, footsteps were heard. Tree Ice Elves arrived to check on the dead body of their own people.

Taking aim with her bow, Ashley managed to land a headshot taking one of the Ice Elves out for the count. The other two were quick to take action. They both rushed towards the tree that Ashley took cover, one on the left, one on the right.

Ashley gripped tightly the knife in her hand and stabbed in the eye the first Ice Elf to appear behind the tree. She then used his body as a shield against the other Ice Elf who tried to cut her with his sword. Ashley pushed the body foreward and quickly took the  knife out. She rushed towards the other Ice Elf, who was busy getting his sword un-stuck, she aimed for the knee making the Ice Elf kneel. Grabbing his head she then jabbed the knife through the temple of his head.

Grabbing the body of the new dead Ice Elf, she turned around and use it as a shield to block a few arrows. She then threw her knife in the general direction of where the arrows were coming from, managing to get a scream of pain. Ashley then grabbed another two knives from the dead Ice Elves. Throwing the bodies aside, she then started to climb the tree as high as she could.

Taking her bow out and aiming, she noticed that one tree was shaking a lot more and had a tinge of red. Letting go of the arrow, it hit it's target. An Ice Elf fell from that tree.

Ashley was ready to take another arrow, but a roar stopped her. She quickly noticed that the few Ice Elves left on the ground started panicking.

Ashley: "What did get them so worked up?" She muttered with an raised eyebrow

She winced a little and grabbed her shoulder. She still didn't treat her wounds. But seeing that the Ice Elves stopped paying attention to her, she took out the bandages she had. Applying a little pressure on her wounds, she started to wrap them just a little bit. She could treat her wounds properly after she is done.

The sound of heavy footsteps got stronger, and so did the animalistic roars. From within the forest and between the trees, Ashley finally noticed what the Ice Elves were so afraid off.

It was a giant bear with white fur. An Ice Bear that which got lost from it's pack.

Ashley: 'This thing is too big for my arrows. But... they can at least slow him down.' She though donning an annoyed look.

The Ice Bear started to sprint on all fours towards the Ice Elves which scattered like ants. This was what Ashley needed, a distraction.

Taking out her bow and aiming, she started shooting arrows at the Ice Bear. Despite the chaotic nature in which tha Ice Bear was fleeing around and after a few trials and errors. The body of the Ice Bear was filled with arrows, more specificaly his joints. His shoulders, his tigh, his sides close to the ribs.

The Ice Bear quickly grew annoyed and finally directed his glare towards Ashley, her cold expression made the Ice Bear take a step back. But what actually struck fear in him was the moment her eyes flashed white before returning to her ruby like color.

This was the moment, donning two knives, one in each hand. Ashley jumped towards the Ice Bear. She simultaneously brought her hands down stabbing both of the knives into the Ice Bear's head. But much to her surprise, the Ice Bear's skull shattered completely. The snowy white ground was stained with blood, shattered bones and brain matter. Leaving a headless corpse of a bear.

As Ashley rose up from her kneeling position, she narrowed her eyes at the remaining Ice Elves. Trembling, they shared unsure and worried looks. Ashley twirled both of the knives in both of her hands, cleaning them of blood. At that moment the Ice Elves took off runing.

Ashley: "At least they won't be a problem. Now what to do with you?" Her gaze shifted towards the dead body of the Ice Bear.

...

...

The two wounded Ice Elves kept running as fast as they could, it didn't matter how much their wound hurt or how much blood they were loosing. They just kept running. Anything to make distance between them and Ashley. They never thought that going out hunting would end with most of them dead.

They soon arrived at what appeared to be a settlement surround by huge walls of wood. Passing through the gates, more Ice Elves could be inside, but the two had other worries. Rushing towards a hut, much bigger constructed and more robust. They quickly entered and twice as fast kneeled.

Before them stood his throne, an ice elf, that had snow-white hair, blue skin, blank white eyes, a cruel smile, black fingernails, and a purple leaf pattern on his forehead. He also wore a furry white and blue parka. Baruka, an warlord and the head of this tribe.

Baruka: "Oh? Quite the nerve the two of you. To barge inside like this."

The two Ice Elves bowed their heads deeper, still trembling. But not from Baruka's bone chilling presence, no, it was from the memory of Ashley's glare.

Ice Elf1: "O-our sincer a-apologies but... but..." He gulped audibly, as if the words died in his throat.

Ice Elf2: "We found the Queen of Frost!"

Hearing this Baruka adopted a more expression as he rose up from his throne.

Baruka: "Are you certain of such claims?"

Ice Elf1: "Yes! White hair and her eyes... they were glowing white!"

Ice Elf2: "She managed to take out most of our hunting group and took out the second in command of the Alpha of the Ice Bears."

Baruka's cruel smile returned tenfold hearing this, he slowly passed by the two kneeling Ice Elves. Getting outside he kept his gaze upon the frozen forest.

Baruka: "Prepare my horse! Today we go hunting!" He cheered out loud spreading his arms to the sides.

The whole town cheered at the news, especialy since it was their leader that it was leading hunt. Meaning... they were hunting a predator.

...

...

Ashley: "Huh. This is quite convenient."

She did not try to question how she managed to find it, but she was thankful. Entering the small abandoned wood cabin, she glanced around cautiosly. Nothing, no sign of life, even if someone lived here, it must've been years. She slowly closed the door behind her after stepping inside.

Putting the meat she carved from the Ice Bear's body on a nearby table alongside the fur she took, just in case, you never know.

Aproaching the fire place, she let out a sigh.

Ashley: "Of course. No wood. Guess i have to take some from outside."

She was quite lucky that one of the Ice Elves carried an axe, just what she needed to cut some wood. Going outside once more, she aproached a tree ready to bring it down. But she found some claw marks, similar to the Ice Bear she killed, but they were bigger. Ignoring the claw marks, she started chopping down the tree and gathered enough wood for the fire.

Getting inside the cabin, she put the wood in the fireplace and ignited the fire by grinding the knife against a rock.

Ashley: "Hmm, this kinda reminds me of the times when Duncan and i were left alone at home... or when we were traveling around the world hunting monsters."

Ashley frowned at the memories, there were times whem she was a child, when she wished that their parents were more involved in their lives besides their jobs. The time their parents chose to spend some time them ended quite badly, ending up in Duncan making a though deal.

Shaking her head, she tried to stand up to her feet. But she barely managed to take a few wobbly steps as a few visions flashed before her eyes. She only saw the cabin set ablaze as people ran out, leaving her trapped under a burning log. Between the flames she managed to make the image of her older brother with his left arm burned to a crisp. Ashley shook her head trying to throw away a memory that almost got her and Duncan killed when they were just kids.

Ashley: "Gotta prepare myself. Those guys might come back for payback."

Ashley unwrapped the bandages in order to check her wounds and to better take care of them. But much to her surprise...

Ashley: 'They... already healed?'

But her thoughts were interrupted by an enraged roar. Ashley had a pretty good idea of who might be. Putting the knives she obtained to her waist, equiping the bow and the quiver, a sword onto her back and taking the axe. She quicky fled outside and started to climb up a tree in order to gain the high ground and a good vision against whoever or whatever might come in her way.

She soon saw a few Ice Bears coming at high speed from between the trees and it seemed that they were in search of someone. At least five Ice Bears were present, but one stood out amongst them. The Alpha, who is distinguished by his greater size and the purple, leaf-shaped crest on his chest.

The Alpha Ice Bear was quick to mawl down the cabin in which Ashley tool residence previously. But unlike the other Ice Bears... the Alpha turned to glare towards the trees, much to her curiousity. The Alpha let out a roar, much like a command. Two Ice Bears suddenly started to claw at the tree which Ashley climbed.

Ashley looked around and saw another tree just close enough. As soon as the tree she was on started to fall, she jumped onto another one. Thid started to irritated her a little, unbeknownst to her... her eyes flashed white once more.

The Ice Bears soon followed suit, starting to claw again at the tree in which she was standing upon. Taking out her bow, she took aim at two other Ice Bears which were standing guard and shot their eyes, blinding them in the process. As soon as the tree started to collapse, Ashley grabbed her axe and threw it with all her might into one of the Ice Bears' at the base of the tree. She then grabbed both of the knives an jumped, breaking one of the branches in the process, towards the other Ice Bear. Stabbing the Ice Bear into the eyes, she then twisted the knives, digging them deeper and twisting it's neck, killing the Ice Bear. She then jumped onto the back of the Ice Bear which had the axe stuck in it's head and took out the axe. Railing back her arms, Ashley smashed the axe against the Ice Bear's head, shattering it's skull in the process.

Not wasting a tenth of a millisecond, Ashley flunged the axe into the head of one of the blinded Ice Bears. She then dashed and slided between it's legs while taking out her sword. She then stabbed the Ice Bear in the chest and into it's heart. Twsting and digging the blade to make sure that the beast was dead.

Ashley quickly got out, but she was met with the giant paw of the Alpha. She managed to minimize the damange while guarding with the sword, but it broke in the process. Lucky for her she was thrown towards the other blind Ice Bear.

This time she took out her knives and stabbed the Ice Bear in the head. Her eye shining a pure white color, and in an instant the Ice Bear was pierced from within with a dozen of ice spikes killing him in an instant.

Still having glowing white eyes, Ashley turned her gaze towards the only Ice Bear, besides the Alpha, which wasn't blinded. She kept a poker face while she took out her knives, which started to turn into makeshift ice katanas.

The blizzard surrounding the landscape started to create a dome, as if not allowing noone to enter or exit the area. This became a colloseum of sorts.

Ashley dashed towards the Ice Bear, which in order to counterattack lifted himself to his lower paws and brought high in the air his front paws, ready to squash and mawl down his prey. But much to his surprise, and to the Alpha's, it got stabbed trough the neck by the two ice katanas that Ashley created. The ice blades then extended protruding trough the back of it's neck. With a swift motion of her arms, Ashley decapitated the Ice bear, making it's head roll onto the ground and body fall to the ground.

Ashley then turned around towards the Alpha and took a stance, dual weilding ice katanas. She directed her malice towards the Alpha Ice Bear, making it feel as if it was trapped in barbed wire. The Alpha let out another roar, trying to hide the fact that it felt intimidated by a human.

Ashley: "Hmph! Now i'm a little motivated!"

...
...

Ice Elf1: "Head chief! The blizzard is getting stronger!" He shouted, worried of their situation.

Baruka: "Keep moving! We are on the right path!"

His cruel smile not wavering not even for a second. Unlike the many Ice Elves besides him, Baruka seemed the only one to be intrigelued by the snow storm, no, by the blizzard. This made travelling more difficult and more dangerous. As if the already snowy forest became ice cold, literally.

Baruka: "Halt!"

He raised his hand, signaling the others to stop.

Ice Elf2: "Wh-what... the...?" He asked, his voice trembling.

Before them laid an clearing filled with blood and the corpses of Ice Bears, each one of them bigger then the last. A wood cabin reduced to nothing but splinters and wood chips. The area clearly showed a battle, but it seemed much more one sided. But what could've the Ice Bears' have been fighting to reduce them from mighty predators to... canon fodder?

Ice Elf3: "Chief Head! Look!"

Curious, Baruka unmounted his horse and walked towards one of his kin. His eyes widened once he saw the body of the Alpha Ice Bears' sliced and  diced, filled with cuts and it's head missing.

Baruka: "Be on guard. Whatever killed the Alpha... it's still close."

Every Ice Elf got back to back, but Baruka smiled in excitement. He was about to meet a predator, just like himself. A battle which made his blood flow trough his body at much higher speed.

Shortly, the crunchy sound of snow being stepped upon was heard from within the darkness that enveloped the forest and trees. Suddenly, something was hurled from behind the trees and came rolling at the feet of Baruka.

Baruka: "The head of the Alpha Ice Bear...?" He muttered, his voice barely a whisper.

All of a sudden, an arrow struk one of the Ice Elves right in the head, ice spikes sprunged within the Ice Elf's head, killing him in the process. This sent all of the Ice Elves and Baruka in a state of panic.

More arrows came flying from within the trees, targeting the Ice Elves that circled around Baruka in a protective manner.

Baruka narrowed his eyes at one of the trees, then smirked. Taking out a spear, he gripped the pole arm tightly as his muscle swollen. Throwing the spear in one of the trees, something fell towards the ground. But that SOMETHING used a branch in order to propel itself and rush towards one of the Ice Elves.

An Ice Elf found himself being stabbed through the neck with a knife by Ashley, who's eyes were still glowing white while keeping an calm expression. Doing a frontflip, Ashley threw a spear, the same spear that Baruka threw a while ago, with her free hand into the chest of an Ice Elf.

Ashley then rolled and dashed towards another Ice Elf. Slidding between his legs, she then sliced his heels using both of her knives. Lifting herself up, she then threw her knives into the heads of two Ice Elves, then took out an axe she had behind her back and sliced the Ice Elf's head clean off.

An Ice Elf raised his sword high up in the air, ready to strike her down. But Ashley brought her hand in a spear like motion behind her, suddenly a blade of ice sprunged from her hand impaling the Ice Elf through the neck.

Ashley: "Hmph! You are not worthy to be my opponent."

Baruka rushed towards her, knife in hand. Ashley then unsheated a blade from her back, blocking Baruka and ending in a stalemate. But, Ashley seemed to get pushed back.

Baruka: "So you are the one that killed my people. Keke."

Ashley: "They started the fight... i finished it."

Baruka: "Is that so? Guess it's my turn."

The white glimmer within Ashley's eyes started to fade. Seeing this, Baruka the pushed once more making Ashley lose her grip in her sword and throwing it aside.

Ashley managed to dodge one of Baruka's knife swings, but then she was met with a knee to the gut followed by a jab to the right cheek.

Ashley did a backflip, dodging a roundhouse kick from Baruka.

Baruka: "What's wrong?! I heard that the Monarch of Frost is much stronger that that! KEKEKE!"

Ashley: 'Monarch of Frost? Sounds... familiar.'

Hearing this, many more questions sprung inside her mind. But she had to refrain from any of this since her opponent was more kin on killing her then anything.

Ashley only kept dodging Baruka's strikes, her blue coat and body being filled with cuts at this moment. The more the battle carried on, the more Baruka felt like he was falling behind.

Eventually Ashley stumbled upon one of the bodies of an Ice Elf that had an knife stuck in it's head. Having a small smile she swiftly took the knife and threw it up in the air before Baruka could notice. She then grabbed a short double edged sword and raised up her guard.

Ashley: 'It's a small chance, but i hope it works.'

Baruka picked an axe with his free hand and swing it in an vertical direction, but Ashley parried followed by a swing towards his head. The attack was blocked by Baruka's knife. He then tried to kick Ashley in the abdomen, she instinctively jumped back gaining some distance.

The distance between the two was immediatly covered by Baruka who grew irritated. His axe swing was blocked by Ashley's sword. Seeing an opening he was ready to stab her with his knife.

Ashley: "Hey, scum! Heads up!"

Baruka's confusion turned into pain. He was stabbed in the back by the same knife Ashley threw in the air a few moments ago. Taking advantage of the opening, Ashley pushed Baruka back and with an horizontal swing of her blade, she sent Baruka's head rolling on the ground and his headless corpse falling limp to the ground.

Taking a few steps back, she was finally able to catch her breath after all of these fights.

Gazing around herself cautiously, she sharpened her senses trying to feel if anyone or anything is nearby.

Ashley: "Guess, that's that. But now-... what the hell?"

She quickly gained a perplexed expression as she saw a door in the middle of nowhere. Aproaching the door, she circled around it a few times. The door opened, Ashley squinted her eyes and used her hand to shield herself from the blinding light coming from behind the door.

Ashley: "Stay in a frozen forest or walk through a mysterious door? Not many choices. Well it wasn't nice knowing this damn forest. See ya."

Sighing and shaking her head, she walked through the door which quickly closed behind her.

The moment the door closed, an individual walked from between the trees with a smile.

The individual was a muscular old elf with blue skin, long silver hair with a single long strand dangling over the right side of his face, blank white eyes, and round ears. He wore a ragged white cloak with a black collar over a tattered white shirt, ragged black pants, and a pair of black boots.

???: "So this is my future vessel? Hah! She got potential and in due time... i will have full control. I just gotta let the darkness in her soul break her spirit."

...

...

Ashley gazed upon the room in which she found herself in. But one would call it more of a throne room, nine thrones in total circled around a table.

The sound of a door being opened gained her attention, but she was more shocked upon seeing who walked through said door.

Ashley: "Bonehead?"

Duncan: "Ash?"

Duncan/Ashley: "You look like shit!" They pointed at eachother.

They were both right. Duncan's clothes looked tattered and his jacket and jeans were full of cuts.

Ashley: "How did yo- no scratch that! How did we get here?"

Duncan: "No clue, last thing i remember was watching movies with Ama, Kuroka and you, and then bam! Did you have to fight for your life too?"

Ashley: "Pretty much. Been in a fucking frozen tundra. Elsa's wet dream land in a nutshell. But what is this place?"

Duncan walked one of the thrones and sit upon one of them. Ashley followed suit, she sat leg over leg while resting her cheek in the palm of her hand and expecting Duncan's take on their situation.

Duncan: "To be honest... i think it's our subconcious..."

Ashley: "What makes you say that?"

Duncan: "Think about it. When is the moment we loose all of our powers and feel the most vulnerable? When we dream."

Ashley: "Cough... nightmares... cough."

Duncan: "I will try to ignore that. So in theory i think our consciousnesses intertwined in some sort of way. Besides... i have someone to back me up on this."

Ashley raised an eyebrow curiously. But she was soon surprised once Duncan's eyes started glowing purple.

Duncan: "...Come forth..."

From within Duncan's shadow a large knight with a light purple glow, jet-black armor covering him from head to toe, a tattered black cape, and a long red hair-like ornament extending out of the back of his helmet.

"Igris."

This chapter's meme:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 1.7K 16
When Mc and the demon brothers take a trip to the human world, they run into trouble as they come across the Sakamaki brothers. Will Mc and the demon...
1K 57 13
Years ago Dean and Sam were in and out of schools growing up on cases, they had to be, and Sam felt a freak being bullied while Dean had no problem w...
95.9K 1.6K 20
"I ride, and Hell follows with me." - Ghost Rider Disclaimer: I do not own any of the images or videos that might be used
119 37 11
Pandora and Nea are just trying to finish their senior year without flunking. Pandora, however, is a Half-Demon, which means her life was never going...