invasato [h.s]

Av ulookuglytodaysis

invasato; possessed or dominated by a strong passion. - "Alice in Wonderland? That's your favorite book." he... Mer

teaser/trailer
invasato
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44: The Wedding
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69: we all fell down
70: flames
71
72: true identity
73
74: 'Flower'
75
76: The Heist Master
77: Finale
From the Author

45

1.3K 63 74
Av ulookuglytodaysis

Harry Styles

Face to face with a handgun, I know I have to be smart about this.

My face doesn't react, I remain calm. I've had a gun pointed at me too many times before to have any sort of nerved physical reaction.

I hear movement behind me too, causing me to look over my shoulder. Sure enough, I see the other friend, Jessie.

I look at him, then back at Finn who was holding the gun. I just let out a small scoff, shaking my head at the absurdity of this situation.

This day already sucked to begin with, I really don't need to top it off with being held at gunpoint by Elaina's fiancé's college friends.

Finn looks nervous, like he's never handled a gun before. He's sweating bullets, looking at me like I'm a ghost but trying to put a brave front up.

He has no idea what he's doing, which only raises my suspicion.

"You need help with that thing?" I speak, acknowledging Finn's unsteadiness.

"Shut up." he fires back.

From his dilated pupils and grinding jaw, I can tell that Finn did a line before this...probably to calm his nerves but ultimately it's just making him jittery. Rookie mistake.

"Shoot him, Finn." Jessie says from behind me.

"I'm not supposed to yet." he seethes.

Dumbass just told me that information out loud.

I don't know what they're waiting for, but I'm using the fact that he cant shoot me right away to my advantage.

I'm keeping in mind that these two are Isaac's groomsmen. If I'm late for the ceremony, they're late too.

"C'mon, Finn. Shoot me, I'm right here." I decide to test him a little to find his limits.

His hand clenches the weapon tightly, his jaw grinding.

"Or are you too scared?" I continue to taunt, tilting my head and even taking a step closer to him and the gun. "Pretty embarrassing to point a gun at someone and not go through with using it, right?"

"I'm gonna use it." he mutters.

"Prove it."

"Don't let him get in your head." Jessie says to Finn.

I keep my eyes forward and smirk, watching Finn's internal battle happen right before my eyes. Next, I turn and look at Jessie, catching his glare toward me.

"Now, I highly doubt that you two have done something like this before." I remark. "So who's putting you up to it?"

Jessie pulls a conniving smile, one that told me I wasn't going to like the answer.

Deep down, I knew. But apart of me was hoping that maybe I was wrong—that maybe it was some other gang that knew about me.

But like I said, I know.

Jessie senses that I've put the pieces together. "He sends his kind regards."

I let a puff of air out through my nose, my thoughts being confirmed. "He can shove his regards up his ass."

I look back at Finn. "How much are you being paid to kill me?"

I know my worth when it comes to this kind of thing. People would pay good money to have me dead, I'm sure Finn and Jessie will be compensated handsomely well.

At my question, even Finn lets out a short breathy laugh, his lips curling as sweat pours down his face.

"Who knew you'd be worth half a million dollars dead."

I almost have to roll my lips into my mouth to prevent myself from laughing. These poor idiots are getting played out of so much money. Half a million dollars isn't even a quarter of what I'm really worth.

But I won't ruin their fun by telling them that.

"And how much would I be worth alive?"

Finn looks at Jessie, then back at me. "Two million."

I chuckle. "But it would be too hard for you two to bring me in alive, right? Too much of a fight that you're not willing to risk?"

Smart choice, honestly.

Finn's smile drops and his nostrils flare with anger over my comment that I know he knew to be true.

I keep taunting to buy time,

"So my guess is that you two have been taking all of these pictures then?" I look back at Jessie and then at Finn again. "The ones of Isaac cheating on Elaina, that was you."

"We had to find a way to get him to Italy. Making amends with his fiancé after getting caught being unfaithful seemed like the perfect opportunity." Jessie speaks from behind me.

I cock my head. "And what about the paint shop? You did that just to fucking scare her then?" I refer to Marjorie and Derek's store, recalling in my head how affected Elaina was when she saw the fire.

But both Finn and Jessie crease their brows. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Finn mutters.

They seem genuinely unknowning...so maybe that really wasn't them. But even then, the alternative to it not being them is even worse.

There's still so much about this situation that I'm confused about. I might as well try to get some answers.

Changing the subject, I decide to speak again. "Why were you guys waiting in here? In Elaina's room?" I question, "Were you waiting for her?"

Finn looks to Jessie, then to me, the weapon still in his grip aimed straight for my head.

If they were really looking for her, then why would they know about the bounty over my head?

"Our instructions were to either take Elaina, or kill you...it was a matter of whoever we came across first." Finn tells me.

My brows furrow. "So you've got me." I remark, "What happens to Elaina?"

I ask the dreaded question and Finn's lips just turn up into a smirk. My stomach twists and turns like a vortex of pure anxiety.

"She'll be taken care of." Finn says. "She probably already has been."

My lips part in worry as he says these words. I look back at Jessie who also beholds a smile. I felt anger throughout my blood, but also fear as Finn's words set in.

These two aren't the only ones here tonight with intentions to harm Elaina. There's more people here.

I start to shake my head slowly. "You two have no idea what you're about to do."

"You're not manipulating your way out of this—"

"No, you seriously have no idea." I speak, "Whether you kill me or find Elaina, you'll both be killed afterwards for knowing too much."

I know the ins and outs of how the mobster life works. They know too much information, they won't be able to just walk the streets with this knowledge.

They look at each other, I think actually considering my words for a moment.

It's not that I was trying to help these assholes, I was actually trying to get them to let me go so I can find Elaina. I have no idea what's going on outside of this hotel room—I don't know if my friends are alive or dead. They don't know if I'm alive or dead.

Being stuck in the unknown is such an uncomfortable feeling.

Elaina Basset

My breath is rapid as I run, fumbling over my wedding dress as my heart crashes against my chest cavity like a vehicle into a brick wall.

Gunshots.

Screaming.

All before I was about to walk down the aisle.

I saw Leo and Marco before they saw me, but I know that I'm the one they're looking for...me and Harry. I was with Angela when it began, listening to her try and calm my nerves over the ceremony.

When I heard the shots, it was like my stomach fell into a deep doomed sadness before it fell into fear. They fired into the aisle, probably thinking I was standing at the altar.

Isaac ended up running into me, on a desperate hunt to find me. He was so scared—I could see it in his face. He tried to ask me what was going on, and I just told him to get his family and get out or at least try and hide.

I can't let him get hurt by this—by the people trying to hurt me.

He was so hesitant to leave me, but he did...and now I don't know where he's gone, but I can only hope he's okay.

After that, Angela forced me to run. She was physically pushing me away, shouting at me to run as fast and far as I can and she'll find me once this is all over.

And I did start running...but not toward any exit.

Harry's missing.

I peeked into the ceremony hall a little while after Harry and I talked, and he wasn't in his seat.

Now, Im conflicted because the selfish part of me didn't want him to have left—but the other part of me wants him to be safe and not in this situation.

All I know is that he's no where to be found and anywhere I go won't feel safe until I know he's okay.

I hurry through the halls. I had abandoned my shoes when I started running, knowing heels would take me no where fast. I had to keep picking up my dress skirt, making sure that I don't trip up over it.

I eventually get frustrated with the dress, and decide to take some desperate measures. I look behind me, then in front of me again, before stopping and shoving my back against the wall so I can see each side in case someone comes. I kneel down, grabbing the end of my dress in two fists and pulling tight.

I tear it.

Beautiful white fabric rips into shreds so my feet have actual room to run. I clench my teeth as I pull at the dress, my breath still quick and anxious.

I finally get enough leg room to where I'm ready to run again, but instead, my body freezes when I hear footsteps. Hurried footsteps. Someone running.

My breath hitches, standing to my feet slowly against the wall as I try to gauge which direction they were coming from.

I can't lose my bearings. I need to stay strong.

Then, to the left of me, the footsteps get louder and before I know it a body has entered the hallway. There's a split second of fear, but then it's followed by the slightest feeling of relief when I see Niall.

A gun in his hand, he sees me and rushes toward me.

"Red!?" he exclaims, "You've gotta get out of here! Leo and Marco, they're looking for—"

"I know! I know!" I rush, "Have you seen Harry? They're after him too."

Niall's brows raise slightly, and he just looks to the side and blinks like he has to gather his thoughts for a second. He licks his lips before looking at me again. "Uhm—I don't..." he groans and rubs his eyes with a slight head shake as his brain felt scattered.

Then, it was like a moment of focus came to light. "H-he went to your hotel room!" he epiphanies, "To find your phone."

"He's there now?"

"I haven't seen him since. It wouldn't hurt to look, but I have to go help them down there—"

"Go. It's okay. I'll look." I tell him.

He nods, swallowing. This was one of the first times I've ever seen him somewhat nervous—maybe because he didn't have his best friend with him.

He looks at me and just gives me a serious gaze. "Be careful."

I nod back. "You too."

And we go our separate ways.

I go faster, being able to pick up my feet now. I didn't have time to think about why Harry would be in my room looking for my cellphone, I was just praying that he was still there...safe and unharmed.

I could have used the elevator, but in a situation like this where time isn't on my side and there's people hunting me down, I knew it would be wiser to use the stairs.

My heart pounds in my eardrums. I knew that climbing the floors of this hotel would only trap me further...getting me further away from an escape.

I hurry up the stairwell, rushing to my floor. Once I'm there, I waste no time and run to my room.

I find my door closed, but not completely. It's closed right to the start of the doorframe but it goes no further than that.

I know for a fact that I closed this door when I left. He's in here.

I don't hesitate, calling for him before the door is even opened by me.

"Harry!? Niall said you'd be—"

Three faces turn in my direction, and at first, I'm confused.

I see Harry, looking at me with widened eyes and parted lips like the breath had been stolen from his body. I see Jessie, standing at the other end of the hotel room. Then, I see Finn.

And in Finn's hand I see a gun, pointed right in Harry's direction.

My heart drops, piecing together very quickly that this was a sinister situation. My eyes immediately fall onto Harry.

Looking at me, Harry shakes his head. He was trying to tell me to go.

I seemed to have caught Finn and Jessie by surprise, neither of them reacting tactically right away. They were both dumbfounded at the sight of me.

"Fuck sakes." Jessie then snaps, storming up to Finn and snatching the gun from his hands. Now, the gun is pointed at me.

"Elaina, run—" Harry shouts, but quickly suffers the consequences. Jessie takes the gun and whips it across Harry's face, launching his head to the side. My hand cups my mouth in horror as Harry stumbles backwards and his hands come up to his bleeding forehead.

Noticing my reaction, Jessie points at Harry with the gun. "Try anything and I'll do way worse to him."

I look at Harry with worried eyes as he tries to regroup from the hit. The side of his forehead is gushing blood, which he wipes with the sleeve of his blazer. Dark red liquid runs down the side of his face. He has to lean against the bed, one hand planted into the mattress while the other tries to tame the bleeding. His eyes are shut in pain.

"Finn, shut the door." Jessie orders, and Finn obeys like a lost puppy.

Trapped in the room, I have no plan.

"Why are you doing this?" I shake my head, my voice quiet with betrayal.

"They—they're working with Leo and Marco." Harry struggles to speak.

I sort of gathered this information a few moments after I saw the gun in Finn's hand.

"Are you forgetting that there's a gun to your head?" Jessie spits at Harry. "Shut the hell up."

But he keeps going, getting out all the information he could.

"They took all the pictures. They're being paid to either kill me or take y—"

He's stopped by Finn's fist jabbing into his abdomen, earning an exasperated grunt to leave Harry's lips while he doubles over in pain.

He wasn't fighting back. I didn't know why. Even with a gun on him, I know that wasn't the reason.

"What do we do." Finn questions to Jessie, who keeps the gun on Harry.

I was listening to them but my focus was on Harry. He could barely stand, leaning into one arm on the bed while his other arm held his rib cage all while his head bled.

Jessie grinds his jaw as he looks at Harry, unsure.

"Jessie—"

"I'm thinking!" Jessie snaps at Finn, cutting him off.

I bite my cheek as I think about the darkness that lied behind these two coming to Italy with Isaac. I thought it was some asshole move on Isaac's part, but my guess is that they insisted on coming for this reason.

Harry and I meet eyes, heavy pained breaths breaking through his lips. I mouth, 'Are you okay' and he just shuts his eyes and nods.

Jessie, growing frustrated, yells out, "Fuck!" while tangling his fingers in the roots of his hair. Perhaps the intensity of this job has finally hit him.

Harry looks at Jessie. "Put the gun down, you're making a mistake and you know that."

He's trying to play 'good cop' I think...to lure them in.

Jessie excessively shakes his head. "N-no, I'm not." He sucks a deep breath in through his nostrils, then his eyes snap open and he points the gun at Harry again. This time, he takes a step closer so that the weapon presses against Harry's forehead.

My heart drops as Harry just looks at Jessie with a stone cold glare that revealed no fear from him.

It was like something took over me--call it fear, call it irrationality...but I was reaching for Jessie's shoulder as I begged him not to pull the trigger.

"Please!" I cry out, "You don't have to do this, please don't!"

I was begging for Harry's life.

I get no where fast as Finn hurries to run over and grab me. His arms wrap around my waist while I thrash and cry. Harry's eyes briefly flick to mine and his face falls from hardness to a tender look of regret. I can't save him, he can't save me--and that was so heartbreaking because we once thought we'd never even want to save each other and now our chance will be wasted.

Jessie's finger slithers around the trigger, ready to seal an untimely fate. I cry and shout, kicking my legs and pounding on Finn's arms with my closed fists--trying anything to escape his grasp.

I can't watch him die. Death is an image you will never be released from if you witness it like this.

Everything's in slow motion. I can't even process it.

I can't process the feeling of being suddenly released from Finn's arms, and the sound of his body thudding to the hotel room floor. But, when my mind catches up with my body, I turn around to see Finn on the floor--unconscious with his head bleeding. Then, when I look up, I see the person who had just knocked him out with the barrel of a shotgun.

Isaac.

Standing over Finn, panting with a shotgun from one of the gun cases in the lobby of this old hotel, Isaac looks at us with wide eyes like he can't believe he just did what he did.

I look at Harry, who also looked quite shocked. Even Jessie had let his guard down, finger now off of the trigger as holding Harry at gunpoint was his last focus now.

Isaac takes in the rest of the situation rather quickly, lifting the shotgun--which I was almost positive was a decoration--and pointing it at Jessie.

"Let them go, Jessie." Isaac states.

I was in shock, while being nervous at the same time. I know for a fact that Isaac has never handled a gun before and he's probably equally as nervous about it--but he's putting up a strong front and it may just get us out of here.

Jessie's eyes stare down the shotgun, and he swallows in fear as his head probably swims with the thought of being shot by a weapon of that size. Not even the fact that his best friend was holding the gun seemed to provide him with any sort of remedy.

Slowly, Jessie takes the gun from off of Harry's forehead. He turns around completely to face Isaac, arms in the air with the gun in his hand as he sweats bullets.

"L-look, I'm sorry--I was just-"

He had no time to get his justifications across, because Harry is already taking his opportunity.

In a swiftly trained motion, Harry stands tall and grabs a hold of Jessie's arm. He pulls him back and rips the gun from his hand. Once the weapon is in his grip, he uses the butt of it to knock Jessie unconscious, bringing it down hard on the top of his skull. He was out like a light.

I finally am able to let out a breath of the slightest bit of relief, at least for now. I go over to Harry, worry coated in my eyes as I grab his face in instinct and push his hair back to examine where he was hit.

He has a decent sized gash hidden in his hairline, making some of his locks sticky with blood while it stains the left side of his face too. He looks at me and senses my concern, shaking his head. "I'm fine." he states, before flicking his eyes to Isaac and then back to me.

I take small eye gesture as a hint, taking my hands away from Harry and turning around to see Isaac standing there with the shotgun down like he didn't know what to do with himself.

"What's the situation out there?" Harry breaks the tense silence.

Isaac shakes his head, licking his lips and running a hand through his hair. "Fuck, I don't know--I heard gunshots and everything just turned to chaos. I ran into Angela and Zayn and that fuckin' Niall guy and they told me to go looking for Elaina. They gave me this..." he gestures to the shotgun. "I don't even think this thing works. But I heard El screaming and I knew something was wrong in here."

I hate that Isaac is involved in this. He's seen the danger twice now, and there is no more hiding it from him. I know he's scared, and suspicious.

I look to the ground in shame, shaking my head over the situation.

"Okay, listen." Harry speaks, and I feel a bit of warmth. "You two need to get out of here. Now. Don't worry about anyone else, just get somewhere safe."

My brows furrow and I immediately look at him. "What about you?"

"I need to deal with these two idiots." he says, "And I need to help the others."

My face falls and he notices, my body turning more toward him. "Harry--"

He shakes his head and gives me a soft smile in an attempt to reassure me. "It'll be okay." he tells me. "I know what I'm doing."

I worry because I don't know where Leo and Marco are, and they're on the hunt for me and Harry.

I try to hide my true feelings considering Isaac is here. I just swallow my fears and nod, putting trust into Harry. It's gut wrenching--the thought of letting him do this and not coming out of it...but I do need to remember that he has years of experience.

"Go." Harry urges again and Isaac takes my hand, pulling me close to him as we leave. My stomach turns with anxiety immediately.

I have tears in my eyes, and I'm not sure if they're fresh or left over.

Isaac and I cautiously head through the halls, taking every turn with the wariness of prey being hunted by wolves. There's an eerie quiet lingering among us that almost makes it scarier. Eventually, we get to the staircase and we find ourselves running down every floor until we reach an underground parkade. Barefoot, I'm sprinting to Isaac's rental car.

Isaac ditches the shotgun as we get in the vehicle. He doesn't waste a second before racing out, swerving through the underground until we reach the ramp that would take us above and on to civilized roads.

I look back at the hotel through the window. I couldn't see anything that would indicate danger--but I knew that meant nothing. When my family's home was being invaded, the outside looked as if we were all just eating dinner with the lights on before they set our house on fire. You never know what's happening on the inside until it's too late.

My fingers fly up to the chain of my necklace as I look forward.

"Did your family get out?" I murmur.

Isaac nods, still shaken up. "They were the first ones out. They wanted me to come with them but I had to find you first."

My chest fills with pain. He put himself in danger to find me.

I bite my trembling lip, trying to contain my emotions.

I am so undeserving of everything.

"El, you gotta tell me what's going on." he says, his voice becoming quiet. "Who are these people?"

I look at the side of his face, sort of unsure of what to say. My throat closes, knowing I can't tell him in full detail, because him having knowledge of the Monarchs and the organizations will land him in even more danger.

"I-" I hesitate, inhaling... "I think they're the same people from Denver." I say.

He quickly glances at me, brows creased. "From the fire?"

I just nod, fingertips glued to mom's necklace.

He lets out a sigh and curses. "Shit."

I look ahead to see where we are. I notice we're on more of a localized road now and if we're being followed no one will try anything. My mind is overthrown with guilt and I need to talk through it.

"Can you pull over for a second." I say, watching as Isaac looks at me.

His brows furrow. "Now?"

I nod. "Please."

He's confused but he listens, shoulder checking as he pulls the car onto the side of the road. He places it into park, giving me his attention.

I take a deep breath, and I look down at my lap while he looks at the side of my face.

Truth is, I can't do this anymore. I can't put him in danger by letting him stay here while I'm not even able to be a good wife.

"I think you should go back home with your family." I say, quietly. There's an unsure-ness in my voice but it's not because I actually think that he should stay.

I look at him, seeing his parted lips and tilted head. "Why?" he asks.

I feel my lips pull downward and my chin quiver. "It's not right for you to stay here. I'd feel better if you were safe in Denver."

There's this moment of silence...not a long one, but long enough to be a moment of realization on his part.

I watch as he looks to his lap, clenching his jaw before his tongue lapses along his bottom lip.

My heart is pounding, but not fast. It's slow but it's so loud and it's overbearing.

Then, after what feels like forever, he just nods to himself and speaks...

"It's him. Isn't it?"

His eyes are now on mine like he's searching my own pupils for an immediate and truthful answer.

And I knew what he meant. I knew who he meant.

Not able to muster up another lie, I give the softest nod. "Yes." I whisper.

In this moment, I recalled his anger when he found out about Zayn. I remember the rage in his eyes and voice and actions as he threw my phone against the wall. And it scared me, I thought I'd see that side of him again...I was waiting for it.

But, it didn't come.

He swallows, his eyes averting to the side for a moment. His tongue runs along the inside of his cheek as I'm forced to await what comes next.

He exhales a breathy laugh, obviously not a happy one but not an angry one either.

"I guess I tried to be in denial," he says, "but a little part of me knew."

I look down with guilt over his words.

"I just couldn't accept the fact that I was losing you." he mumbles.

I look back up at him. "Isaac, you have no idea what you mean to me."

He turns to me, smiling softly. He looks down at my hand and reaches for it with his, grabbing it and holding it. "I saw him go into your dressing room." he admits.

My face drops, the image of Isaac witnessing Harry come see me. "I--"

"I heard nothing." he says. "But, I knew in that moment you weren't mine anymore. I guess I just didn't want to accept it."

My chin trembles and my head shakes. "I'm so sorry."

He squeezes my hand, nodding as he looks at it. When his eyes meet mine again, all I see is tenderness. I know he's hurt, but he's hiding it.

"I just want you happy." he whispers.

I blink to process his words, the phrase hitting me hard.

"Of course, I wanted you to be happy with me, but...if it's him, then I can't force you away from it anymore." he says. "I love you too much to do that to you."

I look at him with glossy eyes. Here, I did feel a love for Isaac, but differently. It was more of a deep appreciation for him accepting all of this.

I squeeze his hand back. "I want you to be happy too." I tell him honestly. "And I know that you have more potential that lies beyond being with me."

I don't know how to describe the feeling I was experiencing. I knew that something--the one thing that stayed consistent in my life, was now coming to an end. A part of me yearned for sadness, because that's what I felt I'd always deserve.

But I did feel beauty in this moment too. It was a beautiful moment of acceptance and growth...for both of us.

Rubbing his thumb over my hand, he looks into my eyes. "You've left me with some great memories."

I smile gently and let out a small laugh. "I can't believe you're breaking up with me on our wedding day." I joke, he laughs too as he lets go of my hand.

"Let me take you home one last time."

Hearing him refer to the villa as my home brought some sense of peace to me. Denver hasn't felt like home to me since I lost my family. And, quite honestly, I'm not sure if Milan is home either...but being disconnected from Denver felt good.

As Isaac drives again, I don't feel tension between us. It was catharsis, the acceptance that we had something that was great in it's prime but it's time was up now.

It was such a gracious moment that I was even able to hug Isaac goodbye when we got back to the villa. It was a tender goodbye. It was a 'thank you'. I needed nothing more from him and he needed nothing more from me. And watching him drive away didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

But peace, of course, comes with a price.

I was alone at the villa, and I didn't have my phone. I had no idea where anyone was or what was happening at the hotel. I was so exhausted, mentally and physically. I spent all of two hours awake and alone. I ended up crying for a while...hard--processing everything that has happened today, processing the end of the only official relationship I'd ever known, processing the fear of being hunted and the fear of what I don't know yet.

And then, I fell asleep in my bed with a headache.

When my eyes opened, I didn't know what time it was. My head still ached, but that feeling was ignored by the sound of talking downstairs. Then, a knock on my bedroom door.

I sit up as the door opens, and I see Zayn.

Relief fills my chest as I see him standing in the doorway with a gentle look on his face.

"Is everyone okay?" I ask right away.

He smiles softly. "Everyone's okay. We got everybody out."

I sigh with a release of pressure in my head.

Everyone is safe. Everyone.

Zayn looks at me in my wedding dress. His eyes move to mine and he sort of asks the question without actually asking, so I just nod in silent response.

"You okay?" he follows up.

I shrug. "Single."

He exhales a chuckle and nods.

"I know you're tired, but we're all downstairs. Come whenever you're ready." he says.

He closes the door and I decide that it won't help to just sleep more. I at least need to get out of this dress. I get up and go to my dresser, getting changed into a pair of comfy shorts and some old hoodie.

As I'm pulling the hoodie over my head, out of the corner of my eye I see smoke withering up into the sky outside my bedroom window.

With furrowed brows, I'm drawn to the window.

I look outside, seeing the backyard. My eyes look down, seeing my paint shed.

As well as the source of the smoke.

My heart does a flip, seeing the individual leaning against the shed smoking a cigarette.

After that, I find myself leaving my room. I head down the stairs quietly, hearing chatter from the living room where everyone was. I make sure I remain unseen as I head for the back door.

The warm summer evening air blankets my skin as I step outside. I walk across the backyard, heading for one destination. Somehow, I'm still barefoot. I didn't even think to put on shoes.

I approach the shed, and he feels my presence before I even get to say anything. He turns around still in his suit but without his black blazer, cigarette finished on the cement and face clean of blood but not of cuts and bruises. There he was, looking at me as I looked at him.

Harry.

His eyes scan over me as if to make sure I'm physically okay.

"Hi." he says.

"You're okay." I say with a bit of relief, finally seeing him in the flesh.

He chuckles. "I told you I would be."

"I was so scared." I tell him.

He nods, his lips slightly pulled up at one corner. "I know. Me too."

"You guys got everyone out safely."

He nods. "Everyone. Marjorie and Derek. They're okay."

Thank god.

I shake my head. "I don't know how to thank you--"

His brows crease as he tilts his head. "You don't need to thank anyone."

I lick my lips and look down with a nod. The small dialogue is killing me because there's just so much I know we want to say.

I look back up at him.

"Isaac and I are done."

His brows raise momentarily, and he lifts off of his leaning position on the shed. "Are you okay?"

I nod. "Yeah." I almost chuckle. "I'm okay in that sense, I guess."

He looks to his feet with a breathy laugh through his nose. "Who knew a life or death situation would be what finally got him away from you, huh?"

I smile softly, finding the humor. "Took me long enough."

"No fucking kidding." he looks up with a smile as well.

And as we're both smiling, our eyes lock in a more sudden gaze. His teeth that sparkle in his smile slowly become hidden as his mouth closes into a closed smile--a softer one. My heart skips a beat over it all. This eye meeting moment was more emergent than the last.

My mouth is dry as I try to speak.

"I'm sorry for turning you away." I say quietly, referring to the talk we had in my dressing room and hoping desperately that he understood.

He looks through my heart and soul as his lips part to talk. "I stand by everything I said in there." he says, "Those things I said weren't just words of momentary desperation."

I can't describe the weight that came off of me, hearing him say that--hearing him confirm how he felt.

My stomach was fluttering. I wasn't sure what to say but I knew that I couldn't just end this conversation with a 'see you later'.

My eyes look him up and down, I swallow nervously.

"What now?"

Not taking his eyes off of me but keeping his gaze soft, he takes a step toward me. Before I know it, he's walking right up to me.

"I know you're fresh out of a relationship and all but," he's so close to me now that I have to look up to see his face. "is there still a chance of me winning you over one day?"

At his words, I cannot stop my lips from turning upward. His green eyes flick between my own two blue ones.

"Maybe."

He smiles down at me. He laughs quietly to himself like there's a million thoughts in his mind.

"What?" I chuckle.

He shakes his head. "How did you manage it?" he asks and I become confused.

I furrow my brows, "Manage what?"

"To make me nervous about kissing you." he says.

I swear my heart dropped right then and there. I let out a laugh. "You're nervous?" He's nervous?! I'm nervous. Like drop dead nervous. He seemed so calm.

I hate him for being able to hide his nervousness.

"Yes, I'm nervous." he chuckles. "Why do you think I haven't fuckin' done it yet."

I shrug as I try not to let my face go red. "I dunno, I thought maybe you didn't wanna force yourself to do anything. Which you don't have to do--by all means, please don't feel like you have to." I start to ramble out of my own nervousness and it makes him laugh.

"Elaina--"

"I'm just saying, don't do it if you feel like you're only doing it for me, like I'm totally fine with waiting--"

"El--"

"Not that I don't want you to do it, I just don't want you to feel inclined to--"

"Oh for the love of god, shut up." --is the last thing his lips spoke before his hands took a hold of my cheeks and he kissed me.

And I swear, Dreamboat...no painting in the world could have captured the imperfect perfection of that moment with you.

//

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

737 1 28
Niall get's a stepsister, Gina Murphy. After they all meet and get along, someone in Silver Tongues gets murdered. Police suspects one of the guys in...
2.4K 201 17
A new neighbor moved into Zain's neighborhood. Zain didn't knew who the guy was but he was interested in getting to know him The guy told Zain storie...
527 32 15
*DISCLAIMER* I wrote this back when I was like 12 (and then went on a really long break and did the last couple chapters in 2015). This is IN NO WAY...
678K 14.7K 74
-completed- His breath tampered on my neck as he backed me into a corner. "Look at me." he demands in a disturbingly-menacingly-calm tone. I couldn'...